Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8538208.stm

Tis a sad day for the depressed world. RIP son of Walter Keonig

How's everyone today? I'm still really low and scared about failing this year and having to repeat the year (I'm kill myself if I had to do that I think).

love you all! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Hey, I did it! I saw the doctor and he was really nice about everything. I was going to rep you buthave to wait 23 days until I rep you...who makes these rules?

Thanks SO much for talking me into it. :jumphug:
    Congrats Rachel . I'm happy for you! How did he take it? I'm parnoid about talking to my doctor because my old doctor broke patient confidentiality by telling my mum as well as calling me a loner without friends when I last went to see her.. I've changed doctors thank god but I've still not started trusting doctors again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8538208.stm

Tis a sad day for the depressed world. RIP son of Walter Keonig

How's everyone today? I'm still really low and scared about failing this year and having to repeat the year (I'm kill myself if I had to do that I think).

love you all! xx
    :hugs: Has your uni said anything to you about failing, cos I think they usually warn people when they're doing that badly. You're probably not doing nearly so bad as you think. How are your travel plans going? You should focus on fun stuff instead. :yes:

And Rachel, I'm so glad things went well for you at the doctor's.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can I join please?

Just got back from my initial appointment with a counsellor.. that was probably one of the hardest things I've had to do

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound like a horrible question, but do you ever feel like you don't want to get better? Sometimes I just think I can't be bothered trying anymore and they would be better trying to help somebody else. It's not that I LIKE being like this, but I just can't be bothered climbing out of the rut because I don't have any energy left. I feel really trapped, because with mental illness I'd say it's impossible to get better if you don't put the effort in.
    Like now, I'm feeling bad but I don't want to text my keyworker because I can't be arsed with what would follow, like "what has triggered this" and "let's do this to help you" blah blah blah. None of it ever works, because I don't let it. But I don't understand WHY I won't let it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    Hey, can I join please?

Just got back from my initial appointment with a counsellor.. that was probably one of the hardest things I've had to do
    Hiyi! Welcome! It's a depression society but i don't think there is a members list because i asked (ages ago) and i've still not been added to it! :eek:

Nice to meet you - tell us about yourself

@superwolf: uni knows - had uni counselling for last 2 years but stopped this year when my regular counsellor left - i couldn't bare seeing the new guy - he was highly insensitive so i gave up, and no i've not been given the talk yet but i don't want to drag my 2:1 down to a 2:2 but it may happen with no support

ReputationRep:
    Just been made redundant.

Can't say I am surprised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)

:hugs: I'm sorry

ReputationRep:
    ****. Couldn't make an appointment with the gp or psychiatrist til next monday. But on the plus side, if they don't see me then they can't put me in hospital (heartrate's still going pretty fast on and off). OR give me any new drugs. Win!

Blue_shift, a 2:2 isn't a fail. I'm sure you're capable of far better, but even if you did get a 2:2 it wouldn't be the end of the world. And if you're still averaging a 2:1 at the moment then you probably haven't got that much to worry about. If it's particular lectures you're worried about maybe you could speak to your lecturer and see if they think there's anything you need to work on, or if they think you're doing fine.

Zebrastripes, welcome to the society.

ReputationRep:

:hugs: You ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: You ok?
    (Original post by nothos)
    Disappointed I guess. I knew it was coming, we all did. It's the first job I've ever truly enjoyed and I love the friends I've made from it.

Just told my sister and my mum and they both went "Oh well, time to find another one." Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed I guess. I knew it was coming, we all did. It's the first job I've ever truly enjoyed and I love the friends I've made from it.

Just told my sister and my mum and they both went "Oh well, time to find another one." Awesome.
    What exactly were you doing? Can you find another job like it?

ReputationRep:

That's a real shame. I don't think I know a single person our age who actually likes their job. Do you have to start looking for another one straight away or can you afford to leave it for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    Hiyi! Welcome! It's a depression society but i don't think there is a members list because i asked (ages ago) and i've still not been added to it! :eek:

Nice to meet you - tell us about yourself
    Hey, nice to meet you I'm a 3rd year at uni studying English.. badly. I'm resitting my final year after huge issues last year. And now I've been told by my new counsellor who I saw today that it may be advisable to withdraw again this year and do it next year instead, meaning 6 years in total at uni! Gah! I've only just had the strength to go and get myself some help.. I've been feeling miserable for years. I was abused (physically) as a teenager by my step dad, and again by my ex-boyfriend (physically, mentally, sexually). I now have a really supportive boyfriend, but if I don't get some help I know he'll leave as it's all a bit too much for him. So I made myself go for my initial appointment today, which was really hard - I don't really see a light at the end of this tunnel, I don't see how it will get better.

I've never seen a counsellor before, and I've never really told anyone what has happened to me in the past.. so I spent the whole 50 minutes mostly crying and trying to say what had been happening since i was 13. It took ages just to get the first bit out.. "what are you here for" seemed to be such a broad question, I had no idea where to start! I have huge confidence issues.. completely lacking in any form. No friends, well ones to say hi and how are you to.. but nothing really more than that. I want to be independent and have friends and not depend on my boyfriend. Wow.. sorry i've kind of gone off on one about why I'm miserable rather than saying much else about me: I dance :p:

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    What exactly were you doing? Can you find another job like it?
    Was bar work. TBH, I don't really want another bar job because I found the hours really inconvenient with college - the only thing I didn't like about it! All the other bars in town are a bit skanky as well.

(Original post by superwolf)
    That's a real shame. I don't think I know a single person our age who actually likes their job. Do you have to start looking for another one straight away or can you afford to leave it for a while.
    I hadn't had any hours since January (and consequently was suspecting this) and so had been looking for another job anyway... I can't afford to get myself to college or pay for driving/riding lessons/anything without a job. I'm relying on my parents for the train fare atm and my savings for driving lessons.

My best mate really doesn't understand, she just texted me saying oh well, that's a bummer, at least you don't have to work anymore. No, I need the money!

ReputationRep:
    Was bar work. TBH, I don't really want another bar job because I found the hours really inconvenient with college - the only thing I didn't like about it! All the other bars in town are a bit skanky as well.

I hadn't had any hours since January (and consequently was suspecting this) and so had been looking for another job anyway... I can't afford to get myself to college or pay for driving/riding lessons/anything without a job. I'm relying on my parents for the train fare atm and my savings for driving lessons.

My best mate really doesn't understand, she just texted me saying oh well, that's a bummer, at least you don't have to work anymore. No, I need the money!
    Well I hope you find another job soon.

ReputationRep:
    crap end to a crap week.

Kiss me now, sorry to hear you lost your job :console: whatever you do don't get a job in mcdonalds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    crap end to a crap week.

Kiss me now, sorry to hear you lost your job :console: whatever you do don't get a job in mcdonalds.
    Even they don't want me (over qualified, apparently)

And to top my day off, I've just been rejected from Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    Even they don't want me (over qualified, apparently)

And to top my day off, I've just been rejected from Sheffield.
    trust me, you don't want to work there anyway. :nah:

:console: that sucks. You've still to hear from warwick though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    ... I had no idea where to start! I have huge confidence issues.. completely lacking in any form. No friends, well ones to say hi and how are you to.. but nothing really more than that. I want to be independent and have friends and not depend on my boyfriend. Wow.. sorry i've kind of gone off on one about why I'm miserable rather than saying much else about me: I dance :p:

How about you?
    Wow, sorry to hear about your past. Sounds crap. My dad and mum used to hit me when i was small and I lack confidence and have no friends I can hang around with either. I'm a loner pretty much. As for uni, i've been through a similar thing: went to ox for a year, warwick for a week (dropped out of warwick cos i hated course and thought it to be a waste of time), then came to ucl where i changed course after a year so all in all i'm in my 5th year! I'm not doing a masters cos I just hate being at uni. p.s. that is a bit of a gay question (why are we here), lol! What did you say? :rolleyes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.