Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    crap end to a crap week.

Kiss me now, sorry to hear you lost your job :console: whatever you do don't get a job in mcdonalds.
    I second that! Their vege burgers are not ever guaranteed vegetarian! I'm distraught! Never going there again! (unless for a tasty milkshake!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    trust me, you don't want to work there anyway. :nah:

:console: that sucks. You've still to hear from warwick though
    Like I said in the shoutbox a while ago... If I get an offer from Warwick, I will willingly give everyone I've ever spoken to and who wants to claim it on TSR a £20 note. I have more chance of winning the lottery tomorrow, and I don't play the lottery.

Really ******* wish I hadn't thrown my blades away right now. Pah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Like I said in the shoutbox a while ago... If I get an offer from Warwick, I will willingly give everyone I've ever spoken to and who wants to claim it on TSR a £20 note. I have more chance of winning the lottery tomorrow, and I don't play the lottery.

Really ******* wish I hadn't thrown my blades away right now. Pah.
    I see. If it was that certain wouldn't you have already received the rejection? I thought they didn't hang about with people who they definitely didn't want? I dunno though. :/

Cutting is not good. It's so easy to really lose control.

(Original post by blue_shift86)
    I second that! Their vege burgers are not ever guaranteed vegetarian! I'm distraught! Never going there again! (unless for a tasty milkshake!)
    being a definite carnivore I don't really care about the veggie burgers (though at my mcdonalds they were cooked in a different vat to the meat, and you were meant to use different plastic tongs to handle them), I care more about the ******* hard work for very little payment and being hot as the depths of hell in the summer. I've had other jobs which were a hell of a lot easier.

Glad you're enjoying your DS

ReputationRep:
    **** this. I am so fed up of everything. Parents had meeting with my counsellor, I ended up storming out in tears because my mother was saying 'I know depression, she doesn't have it' - loads of balls, she knows nothing about it. Then had to see GP, on parents insistence. Third GP, third way of treating it, not antidepressants am being referred somewhere.

Just as well I just gave all of the pills in my room to my parents, I just got rejected from Bristol which means Durham are definitely going to reject me too. Feel like such a bloody failure all the time. I really didn't need this today, I base my whole scale of how much of a failure I am on academia :cry: God, why the hell can't I be normal? I'm going to end up messing up my exams again this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    **** this. I am so fed up of everything. Parents had meeting with my counsellor, I ended up storming out in tears because my mother was saying 'I know depression, she doesn't have it' - loads of balls, she knows nothing about it. Then had to see GP, on parents insistence. Third GP, third way of treating it, not antidepressants am being referred somewhere.

Just as well I just gave all of the pills in my room to my parents, I just got rejected from Bristol which means Durham are definitely going to reject me too. Feel like such a bloody failure all the time. I really didn't need this today, I base my whole scale of how much of a failure I am on academia :cry: God, why the hell can't I be normal? I'm going to end up messing up my exams again this year.
    :console: what makes your mum think she knows everything about it? That would get right on my nerves. And don't beat yourself up about the rejection, you've got offers so you can't be a failure - besides, Manchester's better than Bristol IMHO

ReputationRep:
    Been talking to my sister on skype. When I speak to her it feels like I could never possibly kill myself, because I couldn't bring myself to destroy her life. But then other times I'll realise I've been avoiding talking to her or even thinking about her because it makes me feel so guilty what I might do to her. I really don't know if I'm capable of doing it or not.

ReputationRep:
    i'm wasting my life.
    life is ebbing away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyn_08)
    i'm wasting my life.
    life is ebbing away.
    :hugs: Want to talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    i'm wasting my life.
    life is ebbing away.
    :hugs: I pretty much feel like that too at the moment. I've been failing at so many things in the past couple of years or so, that I've just reached a point of pretty much giving up . I just need to keep trying though, so do you. Would you like to elaborate on your post, or just leave it there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :hugs: I pretty much feel like that too at the moment. I've been failing at so many things in the past couple of years or so, that I've just reached a point of pretty much giving up . I just need to keep trying though, so do you. Would you like to elaborate on your post, or just leave it there?

Go to A really crappy college
    Only going to get good grades on on two of my a-level course
    completely lost in chemistry and economics
    teachers do not give a damn
    going to fail chemistry ISA
    i hope that the examiners read my psycholgy exam well
    Wasting the best years of my life...adult life is horrid.
    i'm too aware of my life being flushed down the toilet

nothings going right.

ReputationRep:

nothings going right.
    Yeah, school pretty much sucks for me, I want good grades, but I'm not enjoying it too much, and I hate the fact that I'll probably have to do Year 14 to finish them .

I think you should just keep working at your subjects and do the best you can, otherwise you might regret it if you don't. What are your plans after you finish? Do you plan on going to uni?

ReputationRep:

nothings going right.
    If there's one thing that I've learnt from having my depression, it's that academia's not the be all and end all of life - if you're struggling at college, see if they will let you take a break from studying to give yourself some breathing space and think about your options. You've got your whole life ahead of you yet, so don't feel that you absolutely have to finish college and do what you want to do just because everyone else is doing it, we're all different and some people take longer than others, even more so when you're ill. You can always talk to any of us about anything :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Yeah, school pretty much sucks for me, I want good grades, but I'm not enjoying it too much, and I hate the fact that I'll probably have to do Year 14 to finish them .

I think you should just keep working at your subjects and do the best you can, otherwise you might regret it if you don't. What are your plans after you finish? Do you plan on going to uni?

Plan on going Uni, have not applied though.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with trying to go in, I find it helps if I just force myself into school (and I'm now getting close to being able to go to my lessons hopefully!). It does get easier each time you force yourself in.

I'm... Probably on the verge of tears, but that's how it's been all week. It might just be the meeting my parents have with my school tonight about me On the plus side, my Mum's admitted I have depression, now for me to admit the same thing. :rolleyes:

That's great! :jumphug:

-

I watched The Mummy Returns last night and didn't have to take a sleeping pill to get to sleep. I'm still really tired, but I think I may just have to watch those movies before going to sleep, what a chore. :rolleyes:
    Aw thats good news that you didn't have to take sleeping pills to get to sleep. Its a good sign! I'm still having a bit of trouble with remaining asleep, I keep waking up at stupid hours in the morning so I'm constantly tired .

(Original post by blue_shift86)
    Congrats Rachel . I'm happy for you! How did he take it? I'm parnoid about talking to my doctor because my old doctor broke patient confidentiality by telling my mum as well as calling me a loner without friends when I last went to see her.. I've changed doctors thank god but I've still not started trusting doctors again
    Thanks . He took it really well, I was expecting him to just roll his eyes and be like "here we go again, another self pitying student" but he was really patient and understanding which made things easier. I'm going for a blood test just to rule out anything physical ( like lack of vitamins...wouldn't be suprised if that was the case...lol) and I've signed up for counselling, even if it means waiting for weeks to get a session I'm just glad that I've taken the first step to getting the help I need. I'm still exhaused though which doesn't help my mood. Just want to sleep forever but I keep waking up .

How are things with you? ( sucks about your old doctor but I'm sure they aren't all like that. I know once that trust is broken its very hard to restore it again but given time I'm sure you'll trust them again, maybe he had your best interests at heart but its still unprofessional on his part). Don't worry yourself about Uni, you're so lucky to have made it to the final year, well done. Surely if you've made it this far you can make it to the end. Just hang in there.

(Original post by superwolf)
    And Rachel, I'm so glad things went well for you at the doctor's.
    thanks, part of me is hoping that its something minor like a lack of a certain vitamin which I can take suppliments for. But I know it can't just be that because I had panic attacks the week leading up to leaving home for Uni and I was having a proper balanced diet then and I was feeling for well over a year. I think lack of sleep doesnt help either.
    How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    If there's one thing that I've learnt from having my depression, it's that academia's not the be all and end all of life - if you're struggling at college, see if they will let you take a break from studying to give yourself some breathing space and think about your options. You can always talk to any of us about anything :hugs:
    it really is the be all and all if i fail. i have no life so i have no reason to fail.

ReputationRep:
    it really is the be all and all if i fail. i have no life so i have no reason to fail.
    You can always re-do them at a pace that suits you, studying them from home maybe? If you keep putting that much pressure on yourself then it's going to make you feel worse than you already do...have you talked to anyone close about it?

ReputationRep:
    You can always re-do them at a pace that suits you, studying them from home maybe? If you keep putting that much pressure on yourself then it's going to make you feel worse than you already do...have you talked to anyone close about it?
    nope. No point. they expect me to do well because i dont go anywhere.
    i am doing OK, just not as well as i'd like to.

ReputationRep:

nothings going right.

I sense you're trying your best and that's the best you can do tbh. Stop beating yourself, all the things you mention, most can be made better and if you worker hard and motivate yourself to getting that good grade it's more likely to come true. Hard work never fails to pay off tbh and so you can do it. Chemistry ISAs are AWFUL as are all ISAs tbh; so subjective, not a syllabus to follow, etc, that's why you've got to be fully prepared. But remember everyone's in the same boat and although it may seem like you're going to fail now trust me you won't; these obstacles aren't something you can't overcome and one day you'll look back and think ''why was i ever worried''.

I'm EXACTLY and I mean exactly the same in terms of wasting my life. I'm wasting my youth. I've been deteriorating for so long now it's just disgusting. I don't want to look back and think OMG turn back time so i may just have to bite my tongue and get on with this life to avoid that one day. it's just so hard though as I currently have no life whatsoever and can't do anything i want to due to my circumstances, so you have to remember there are others out there suffering the same, if not worse, and try your hardest to not end up regretting things like me. good luck. hugs.

ReputationRep:

already re-doing them :/

ReputationRep:

really sorry to hear that i wish your mum was a bit more understanding for your sake and was happy you're getting help but i guess she sees no problem and i guess she just wants to protect you and you to be ''fine'' like everyone else. hope this referral place helps you
    i'm really sorry to hear about uni; that sucks majorly i agree academia and pleasing others is my main basis of life atm so to speak and i agree about the being normal so you're not alone remember that but you can get through this as you are a good person with a lot to offer, i assure you!
    exams are always really meh; i'm self-teaching a subject i've not even started and it scares me but you just have to crack on and try your hardest. school has never been so tedious and i hate it but there's only 2 months left. hugs:hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.