Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Still here. Saw my psychiatrist yesterday and was actually honest with her for once. At first they were planning on discharging me so I just denied everything. 'Are you still self harming?', 'No'. 'Do you have any thoughts of killing yourself?', 'No'. But then she saw some scars through my tights and asked me again and told me to be completely honest, and so I just broke down and told her everything. They didn't discharge me, and I have an appointment with a psychologist on Monday and I gave her the tablets. So, I don't have them anymore.

Don't know whether that was for the best, but yeah...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Still here. Saw my psychiatrist yesterday and was actually honest with her for once. At first they were planning on discharging me so I just denied everything. 'Are you still self harming?', 'No'. 'Do you have any thoughts of killing yourself?', 'No'. But then she saw some scars through my tights and asked me again and told me to be completely honest, and so I just broke down and told her everything. They didn't discharge me, and I have an appointment with a psychologist on Monday and I gave her the tablets. So, I don't have them anymore.

:hugs: I'm sure it is for the best. Hopefully this psychologist will actually know what they're doing and you can start getting better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    I'm a he :p:

And I'm just confused about everything right now :sad:
    :facepalm: sorry, see what lack of sleep does to me lol. Why/what are you confused about? :hugs:

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Thanks. I'm sure we'll both manage to do it. My Mum's being lot better about it all now. I doubt I'll get into Durham, but hopefully I can meet my Manchester offer Just have to work hard for the next few months.

-

I'm considering starting rowing again, I'm fed up of doing nothing and am feeling a lot better today, possibly because of how much sleep I managed to get/excess amounts of chocolate.
    Thats great news ! I think it will be good to keep active, I really want to get active again too, I remember feeling so good after coming back from the gym but now I feel rubbishy just sitting on my bum. I think it will help me to be more active, I just feel like an old lady whenever I get up to move lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    You know what beats depression every single time?

LOVE

:love: :love: :love:
    Yeah, I wish. I can only dream though, nothing coming at me from that department at the moment :sad: :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)

I think it's a good step towards progress. You have broken through that barrier between you and your goal to get better by being honest with your psychiatrist. I know it seems awkard/difficult/demining but it actually takes a lot of strength to do it. Here's to hoping that its up hill from now on for you. But remember, like climbing a mountain, on your way up you may experience points where you feel like giving up along the way when you struggle. However by looking back at where you WERE and where you ARE and where you are HEADING, it will keep you on track :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Yeah, I wish. I can only dream though, nothing coming at me from that department at the moment :sad: :sigh:
    Not just a boyfriend but friends family etc. They all love you too. Don't worry about having/not having a boyfreind, it will come when you are ready to handle it. For so long I've wanted a boyfriend but its only recently that I've realised that its not right for me right now, I need to sort myself out right now before getting fully involved with someone.

How are you today? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I wish. I can only dream though, nothing coming at me from that department at the moment http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/sad.gif http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/sigh.gif
    oh.

sorry :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Not just a boyfriend but friends family etc. They all love you too. Don't worry about having/not having a boyfreind, it will come when you are ready to handle it. For so long I've wanted a boyfriend but its only recently that I've realised that its not right for me right now, I need to sort myself out right now before getting fully involved with someone.

How are you today? :hugs:
    Yeah, true. It's just I've always really wanted a boyfriend since I was 14. And while I did have one for a while when I was 16, that's over now and it feels like I've been a singleton forever :sigh:. I mean, I try to put it out of my mind, as I know it's not the most important thing in the world, but it does kinda suck seeing couples around all the time, especially the ones my age and younger, who've been together for years. :sigh:

Anyway, I'm feeling OK. I have overdue Media coursework which I haven't quite completed yet , I just haven't felt like it to be honest, but I know I have to get it done eventually. I have been resting a little bit this week due to it being study leave for mock exams, I did some revision but not much :o: , but it's only mocks and I've been tired. I feel tempted to bunk school next week, it's just so tiring, but then I guess I can't be doing that forever anyway :o:

Anyway, nuff about me, how are RachelOranges?

ReputationRep:
    oh.

sorry :console:
    Ah, it's Ok, no worries. I feel like that all the time anyway :o:

So have you found love recently then?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, it's Ok, no worries. I feel like that all the time anyway http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/o.gif

So have you found love recently then?
    sort of. iunno, it's complicated :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    sort of. iunno, it's complicated :dontknow:
    That's cool, I hope you get things sorted then. By the way, what's an anti-moderator?

ReputationRep:
    My head feels terrible. I thought it was the sertraline but I stopped taking that two days ago. Feel sort of spaced, keep getting a ringing sound in my ears, can't think straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    My head feels terrible. I thought it was the sertraline but I stopped taking that two days ago. Feel sort of spaced, keep getting a ringing sound in my ears, can't think straight.
    It might still be the sertraline, sometimes antidepressants take a while to get out of your system. The rest sounds ****, possibly see your gp if it's still happening on monday? :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    Wow, sorry to hear about your past. Sounds crap. My dad and mum used to hit me when i was small and I lack confidence and have no friends I can hang around with either. I'm a loner pretty much. As for uni, i've been through a similar thing: went to ox for a year, warwick for a week (dropped out of warwick cos i hated course and thought it to be a waste of time), then came to ucl where i changed course after a year so all in all i'm in my 5th year! I'm not doing a masters cos I just hate being at uni. p.s. that is a bit of a gay question (why are we here), lol! What did you say? :rolleyes:
    Sorry to hear about your past too. Seems we both went through similar things with uni. This is my 5th year, and my counsellor said I probably will have to withdraw again as I haven't even started my dissertation and it's in in 2 months.. I just have no motivation. Definitely not doing a masters either! It's weird though, I hate uni, but like the idea of doing short courses elsewhere like with Open Uni. What are you doing at UCL now? Do you know what you want to do in life? I found finding a degree and a uni really hard as I have no idea what I want to do. Well I do, but lack of confidence means I can't do it. I'm pretty much a loner too My own company used to be quite nice, but I'm getting pretty tired of being by myself now!
    It is the worst question ever! I just sat there for a few minutes crying, then said how I had absolutely no confidence. Then she started asking questions which was better. I never really know where to start, too many things to say.

ReputationRep:
    The spaced feeling carried on for me for a few days after discontinuing sertraline. It might be perfectly normal. The ringings in your ears doesn't, though. If it carries on, as Sabertooth said, then certainly see somebody about it.

ReputationRep:
    mehhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    It might still be the sertraline, sometimes antidepressants take a while to get out of your system. The rest sounds ****, possibly see your gp if it's still happening on monday? :console:
    I suppose. I was only on it for four days though - not really much time for it to build up. I tried getting an appointment with the doctor but I couldn't get one til the eighth. Meh, think I'll avoid doctors/the outside world in general for the time being.

How you today?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose. I was only on it for four days though - not really much time for it to build up. I tried getting an appointment with the doctor but I couldn't get one til the eighth. Meh, think I'll avoid doctors/the outside world in general for the time being.

How you today?
    I took fluoxetine for 4 days and it was awful so it can definitely give you **** side effects pretty quick.

only the 8th? wtf? do they not have some pre-bookable appointments and some that you have to phone up on the day to get? you could try that if they do.

I'm alright. Crisis team called me at 10am asking if I was ok - 10am? Yes of course I'm ok I'm sleeping.

ReputationRep:
    Could be a flu or a migraine, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though, just get some rest and keep drinking plenty of water, if it carries on then see your GP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    Sorry to hear about your past too. Seems we both went through similar things with uni. This is my 5th year, and my counsellor said I probably will have to withdraw again as I haven't even started my dissertation and it's in in 2 months.. I just have no motivation. Definitely not doing a masters either! It's weird though, I hate uni, but like the idea of doing short courses elsewhere like with Open Uni. What are you doing at UCL now? Do you know what you want to do in life? I found finding a degree and a uni really hard as I have no idea what I want to do. Well I do, but lack of confidence means I can't do it. I'm pretty much a loner too My own company used to be quite nice, but I'm getting pretty tired of being by myself now!
    It is the worst question ever! I just sat there for a few minutes crying, then said how I had absolutely no confidence. Then she started asking questions which was better. I never really know where to start, too many things to say.
    i have no idea what i want to do in the future. I have got half a mind to becoming an airline pilot but i've no idea where i'm going to raise £69 000 I need to do that! I might just do random odd jobs for accountants/banks, possibly become a teacher then be a pilot? I don't know! All I do know is that I want to go travelling after I finish uni this year. I am hopefully going to get onto camp america and then I want to go learn thai boxing in Thailand and then go to oz or south america . I'm hoping a year of travelling around the world will help me decide on what I want to do in the long run!

I was just trying to figure out how I will be able to fund travelling around the world. I have my student loans banked and saved but that wont last me the whole year. Do you know how I can become self sufficient when travelling? I've heard that jobs are hard to get everywhere cos of the recession and i'm not sure how I can keep up the travelling! I should play the lottery and hope i win!

What are you doing after uni?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.