Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I took fluoxetine for 4 days and it was awful so it can definitely give you **** side effects pretty quick.

only the 8th? wtf? do they not have some pre-bookable appointments and some that you have to phone up on the day to get? you could try that if they do.

I'm alright. Crisis team called me at 10am asking if I was ok - 10am? Yes of course I'm ok I'm sleeping.
    Well my doctor's been on holiday (not actually sure if she's back yet) and I didn't really want to see some random doctor. I'll just wait and see if it gets better on its own.

10am on a saturday... :facepalm: Crisis team have no consideration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Thats great news ! I think it will be good to keep active, I really want to get active again too, I remember feeling so good after coming back from the gym but now I feel rubbishy just sitting on my bum. I think it will help me to be more active, I just feel like an old lady whenever I get up to move lol.
    Hmm, not feeling that way any more. I had to leave work early because I felt so ill... I still feel rough now, but I have to babysit tonight - no way out of that I don't see the point in starting rowing again. Yay for mood swings. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i have no idea what i want to do in the future. I have got half a mind to becoming an airline pilot but i've no idea where i'm going to raise £69 000 I need to do that! I might just do random odd jobs for accountants/banks, possibly become a teacher then be a pilot? I don't know! All I do know is that I want to go travelling after I finish uni this year. I am hopefully going to get onto camp america and then I want to go learn thai boxing in Thailand and then go to oz or south america . I'm hoping a year of travelling around the world will help me decide on what I want to do in the long run!

I was just trying to figure out how I will be able to fund travelling around the world. I have my student loans banked and saved but that wont last me the whole year. Do you know how I can become self sufficient when travelling? I've heard that jobs are hard to get everywhere cos of the recession and i'm not sure how I can keep up the travelling! I should play the lottery and hope i win!

What are you doing after uni?
    You could try temp agencies so get some more money together for travelling. If you have less money, skip Oz as it is so expensive. But Thailand and South America will be cheaper so you can afford to stay out longer. Where in SA do you want to go? I've travelled a lot, but never worked so not sure how easy it is to get work, especially in these times. Camp America will be amazing, I applied last year but pulled out last minute, was so tempted to apply again this year!
    I need to win the lottery too! Become homeless in 3 months and really really don't want to move back home because of everything. I need to stay in London! So a lottery win would be good to pay for rent! Hopefully going to find a job after uni, but I want to do admin - and temp agencies keep giving me receptionist roles which are useless because as soon as the phone rings I freeze up and don't know what to say. I panic when people ask me things, as as a temp I have no idea how the company works or whatever. I'm a bit useless in customer service roles :o:

ReputationRep:
    Just completed all of mariokart (n64 version). I've missed the rainbow road... :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    I freeze up and don't know what to say. I panic when people ask me things, as as a temp I have no idea how the company works or whatever. I'm a bit useless in customer service roles :o:
    awwwww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Just completed all of mariokart (n64 version). I've missed the rainbow road... :love:
    Great game, not the best the N64 has but still good This is fun too, just been playing for about 40mins :p:
    http://armorgames.com/play/4552/crus...e-players-pack

I think I'm probably not going to finish this year. I have classes next week and really can't see myself going. Today is a slight improvement (for reasons which are really not good) but next week is just going to be the same as this week. 2000 word essay due in less than 2 weeks, 5000 word assessed essay due after Easter. Bugger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Hi,

yeah I have a problem with being assertive, mum's always going on about it lol. I had a lot of sleep last night for the first time in ages ( thanks to the lavander oil ) but I still feel really tired, it was so hard walking.

Managed to see the GP today and he was so lovely which made things 10000000 times easier. It makes such a difference when you walk in and are greeted with a smile. He just took my BP asked me about my anxiety and whether I'd suffered from any episodes of depression/sadness/tearyness etc.

I'm going for a blood test just to rule out anything physical but I've also put my name down for counselling. I'm so glad I've bitten the bullet and taken control of things.

Whats made the day and night bad for you? I get that feeling a lot, where you think you've progressed but haven't. Don't worry its normal at least you show some signs of progression, its better than none at all. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif
    Yeah I think low self-assertiveness must often go hand-in-hand with low self-esteem and anxiety. I'm trying to break a bad habit of letting more assertive people decide things for me then getting annoyed and blaming them in my head afterwards, even though I didn't express my own desires at the time.

That's great, well done I'm so glad you had a nice GP, that makes all the difference. They never gave me a blood test, thinking of bringing that up at my appointment on Tuesday. How're you feeling today?

I have the odd productive day but because of the fear and sleeping issues I still have far too many days when I get no work done, and still have some mental block over writing this essay. I guess I'm in a better place than I was a month or two ago though, and like you say any progress is better than none... thanks. I do hate insomnia and fear though.

ReputationRep:
    Great game, not the best the N64 has but still good This is fun too, just been playing for about 40mins :p:
    http://armorgames.com/play/4552/crus...e-players-pack

I think I'm probably not going to finish this year. I have classes next week and really can't see myself going. Today is a slight improvement (for reasons which are really not good) but next week is just going to be the same as this week. 2000 word essay due in less than 2 weeks, 5000 word assessed essay due after Easter. Bugger.
    Cool, will try it.

:console: You have already passed the first semester of this year though - maybe you could go back next year and only repeat the second semester.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, will try it.

:console: You have already passed the first semester of this year though - maybe you could go back next year and only repeat the second semester.
    There was nothing to pass really, I had 4 non-assessed essays, gave 3 of them in late, haven't got 2 back, got ****** low 2:2s on the 2 I did get back. Maybe, I dunno, I've been like this so long and ****** up uni so many times already (and have so much ******* debt) that I don't really think I'll be in a better position in January next year anyway. Then again, I can't really get a job either right now. Ah **** it, play that game it's cool.

ReputationRep:
    There was nothing to pass really, I had 4 non-assessed essays, gave 3 of them in late, haven't got 2 back, got ****** low 2:2s on the 2 I did get back. Maybe, I dunno, I've been like this so long and ****** up uni so many times already (and have so much ******* debt) that I don't really think I'll be in a better position in January next year anyway. Then again, I can't really get a job either right now. Ah **** it, play that game it's cool.
    You don't know what you'll be like next year though - you might have things more under control by then. Don't beat yourself up about your grades, it's impressive enough that you've managed to stay at uni considering the crap you've had to deal with. Why don't you try emailing/meeting up with someone from uni and finding out exactly what your options are? I'll shut up and play that game now...

ReputationRep:
    You don't know what you'll be like next year though - you might have things more under control by then. Don't beat yourself up about your grades, it's impressive enough that you've managed to stay at uni considering the crap you've had to deal with. Why don't you try emailing/meeting up with someone from uni and finding out exactly what your options are? I'll shut up and play that game now...
    I emailed the mental health woman on like tuesday saying I'm not going to any classes right now and she told me email the people concerned and would it be a good idea to temporarily withdraw. So I think that's the only option really. :/

And tbh I really don't think I'll be feeling any better by next january - on wednesday I met with my keyworker and she was filling in some questionnaire, she asked what my goals were I said for voices to stop, and she goes "maybe we should think of something more achievable" and ended up writing something like have more control over them. :'( No one has any hope that everything will be fine any time soon.

How's the game? Still feeling spaced out?

ReputationRep:
    I emailed the mental health woman on like tuesday saying I'm not going to any classes right now and she told me email the people concerned and would it be a good idea to temporarily withdraw. So I think that's the only option really. :/

And tbh I really don't think I'll be feeling any better by next january - on wednesday I met with my keyworker and she was filling in some questionnaire, she asked what my goals were I said for voices to stop, and she goes "maybe we should think of something more achievable" and ended up writing something like have more control over them. :'( No one has any hope that everything will be fine any time soon.

How's the game? Still feeling spaced out?
    I suppose that's probably best if you're not able to go to classes or anything.

Maybe I'm just being annoyingly over-optimistic, but I do believe it's possible for you to get better. Maybe not 100% better, but a lot better than you're feeling just now. You said yourself that the quetiapine was working for a while, so maybe that or another drug will start working for you again (ok, so that's a lot of maybes, but it still could happen). Please don't give up hope. :hugs:

Game's pretty good, although I'm really **** at it. Still feeling spaced. Mariokart was easier - I've got so much experience playing it while stoned, feeling a bit spaced is positively an advantage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I'm... Probably on the verge of tears, but that's how it's been all week. It might just be the meeting my parents have with my school tonight about me On the plus side, my Mum's admitted I have depression, now for me to admit the same thing. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif
    How're things going? Hope the new medication is causing you less difficulty than the citalopram. Is your mum being more understanding about it now then, or are things still difficult? When I hear my mum's voice on the phone now I actually feel physically sick It's weird.

ReputationRep:
    I feel exactly the same. I've only been to 2 lectures since January. Have you spoken to your tutor about things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    I feel exactly the same. I've only been to 2 lectures since January. Have you spoken to your tutor about things?
    Really? I've only missed most of last week and already they're mentioning temporary withdrawal. Has your university not been pressuring you?

I emailed my tutor er...sometime (wed?) but haven't got a response yet. It's retarded, my tutor last term was cool with everything, now I have a new one who obviously doesn't know anything.

I suppose that's probably best if you're not able to go to classes or anything.

Maybe I'm just being annoyingly over-optimistic, but I do believe it's possible for you to get better. Maybe not 100% better, but a lot better than you're feeling just now. You said yourself that the quetiapine was working for a while, so maybe that or another drug will start working for you again (ok, so that's a lot of maybes, but it still could happen). Please don't give up hope. :hugs:

Game's pretty good, although I'm really **** at it. Still feeling spaced. Mariokart was easier - I've got so much experience playing it while stoned, feeling a bit spaced is positively an advantage.
    I think you're being annoyingly over-optimistic :p: There isn't actually that many left I can try and still have no idea when I'm meant to be seeing a psychiatrist since changing

you should get goldeneye, ocarina of time or banjo kazooie, such amazing games and the latter two, at least, take an age to complete.

ReputationRep:
    Really? I've only missed most of last week and already they're mentioning temporary withdrawal. Has your university not been pressuring you?

I emailed my tutor er...sometime (wed?) but haven't got a response yet. It's retarded, my tutor last term was cool with everything, now I have a new one who obviously doesn't know anything.
    I think my uni has given up on me! I withdrew about this time last year, and supposedly started again in January, but now my counsellor is talking about me withdrawing again - as I have 2 months to start and finish my dissertation and 2 essays, plus an exam. I think temporary withdrawal is quite good, gives you time to think, maybe do something else (like I did a diploma on something completely different). When withdrawing, I actually bypassed my tutor and talked to the course admin and the head of the course, so you could try that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    You're not pathetic. What's up?

I just returned from a walk and it, unusually, depressed me

ReputationRep:
    my life. changed.

the break-up is funny anyone else watching?

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm listening to Susan Boyle.........................

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.