Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I drank a tiny bit of coffee a while ago, made my heart go crazy. I'm now drinking the rest of it. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I drank a tiny bit of coffee a while ago, made my heart go crazy. I'm now drinking the rest of it. :lol:
    Er....you sure that's a good idea?

Still feeling spaced btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Er....you sure that's a good idea?

Still feeling spaced btw?
    Not really, and not really. :p:

You up to anything much today?

ReputationRep:
    Not really, and not really. :p:

You up to anything much today?
    USA vs Canada ice hockey game for olympic gold is on later :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I saw a 3rd doctor on Friday who told me to stop taking the antidepressants but did refer me to some depression thing. Hopefully that'll help. I just feel quite ill now, even though the doctor said coming off them straight away shouldn't have any effects because I'd only been on them for 5 days (but I'd been on that family of them for almost 3 weeks, so would that make a difference?).

My Mum's being a lot better now, and my Dad's being brilliant about it, so he just tells her to stop it if she starts off on one of her rants. She really is her mother's daughter TBH http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif Your Mum should get better about it after a while, I think they just need time to adjust to it.

So I left work early yesterday because I felt so rough and I can't go in today to make up the time because I feel just as rough (but I can't sleep, so I'm on the computer, probably making myself feel worse).

Also, my parents had a chat with me yesterday/Friday (can't remember) about me always staying in my room, I think that might be what tipped my Mum to believe the doctors. They said they'd been talking about it for a few months now about how I barely ever talk to them/leave my room... It's not that I don't like them, I just feel more comfortable in my room... I don't know. I still don't think I'm depressed.... My parents are also forcing me to start exercise again, risky business whilst I'm still losing weight, but... If that helps I guess it's okay.

I also feel I can't trust my counsellor any more, my Mum keeps saying stuff about her 'enjoying the drama' and making things out to be worse than they are... I've been a bit iffy with her for a while, she lost quite a bit of my trust last year and on Friday she wouldn't shut up about how 'unhealthy' the environment I'm in in school is. I can't help that a lot of my friends have mental health problems, but there is no bloody way I'm ditching them - they're the only reason I'm still here right now to be totally honest and they're people I can trust, which I really need because I have quite a few trust issues... But I know how long it can take to be referred to the depression etc stuff - I had to wait 6 weeks to see the eating disorder people and I don't think I can go 6 weeks without talking to a counsellor etc about everything...
    Did the doctor say why they were taking you off the antidepressants? I'm seriously considering coming off mine, surely my drowsiness & lack of motivation couldn't be worse than it is right now... I hope... Plus then I might be able to drink caffeine again. But my counselling stops in a week and after that I'm in a similar position to you, waiting indefinitely for the GP-referred counselling. I just don't know.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well at the moment, hopefully it'll only last a couple of days - they're not supposed to cause major withdrawal, right? I'm not sure but I expect it will be because you were on the SSRIs generally for three weeks.

Glad your dad's being supportive and I'm sure your mum will come round. With my mum the problem is less how she's reacting to this and more our long-term issues really. I think wanting to stay in your room is understandable - have you explained to your parents that it's a feeling-of-safety thing rather than something personal? Don't let anyone force you into something you don't want to do, but exercise probably is a good idea with the endorphins and everything, especially if it's something you've enjoyed in the past.

How did your counsellor lose your trust? It's difficult because parents often tend to be quite iffy about counsellors (especially if they feel you're not talking as much to them about what's going on with you, and might be talking about them to the counsellor). But obviously you click better with some counsellors than others and it's important to feel you can have a trusting relationship with them.
    One of my closest friends is very depressive, with eating disorders etc, and sometimes we do make each other worse - but at the same time having friends is so much better than isolating yourself, and sometimes you need someone around who understands what you're going through, people who you've been there for and who've been there for you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    Did the doctor say why they were taking you off the antidepressants? I'm seriously considering coming off mine, surely my drowsiness & lack of motivation couldn't be worse than it is right now... I hope... Plus then I might be able to drink caffeine again. But my counselling stops in a week and after that I'm in a similar position to you, waiting indefinitely for the GP-referred counselling. I just don't know.
    This doctor said she didn't like putting under-21s on them... I thought that too, but I feel much the same as I did last week. I'm sure it'll improve though, I found I was a lot more motivated (not that it was that much though) on sertraline than on citalopram, but my body really didn't like citalopram :o:

I'm sorry you're not feeling well at the moment, hopefully it'll only last a couple of days - they're not supposed to cause major withdrawal, right? I'm not sure but I expect it will be because you were on the SSRIs generally for three weeks.

Glad your dad's being supportive and I'm sure your mum will come round. With my mum the problem is less how she's reacting to this and more our long-term issues really. I think wanting to stay in your room is understandable - have you explained to your parents that it's a feeling-of-safety thing rather than something personal? Don't let anyone force you into something you don't want to do, but exercise probably is a good idea with the endorphins and everything, especially if it's something you've enjoyed in the past.
    Yeah, I hope it'll only last a few days, I'm just so tired right now and have a massive headache... I gave my parents all of my pills (didn't quite realise how many I had actually) so I'm just going to have to put up with this headache until I get up the courage to ask for a painkiller :rolleyes:

Well my Dad has told me he used to have depression, but he still wants me to leave my room (he came in at about 3pm to tell me to get out of bed etc and clean my room, which I am half way through, just lost the motivation and energy now). My Mum wants me to go swimming, but water + my excessive tiredness probably shouldn't be mixed right now. that and I just don't want to leave the house...

How did your counsellor lose your trust? It's difficult because parents often tend to be quite iffy about counsellors (especially if they feel you're not talking as much to them about what's going on with you, and might be talking about them to the counsellor). But obviously you click better with some counsellors than others and it's important to feel you can have a trusting relationship with them.
    One of my closest friends is very depressive, with eating disorders etc, and sometimes we do make each other worse - but at the same time it is better than isolating yourself, and sometimes you need someone around who understands what you're going through, people who you've been there for and who've been there for you too.
    She just sort of did, I can't remember if there was a single incident. I don't know, I just don't feel I can talk to her openly any more, especially after what she's saying about my friends (it honestly sounded like she was going to get the school to seperate us at one point, good luck to her if she did mean that :lolwut:). She hasn't even met my friends. Anyway, a lot of them are recovering or recovered from whatever problems they have/had and loads of people in sixth form have similar problems but aren't open and honest about it.

I could see how it could make people worse, but as I said, a lot of them are recovering/recovered. For example, a friend of mine is in the depths of an ED right now, but I can talk to her about it if she wants because I'm recovering quite well.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    :hugs: how are you?

ReputationRep:
    I really want to do school work, to revise and to just get on with my essays etc, but I don't seem to have the energy. I think I'm just lazy rather than depressed right now... Oh well, back to trying to sort out my room.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a fiction reading mood, but everytime I try I can only read about half a page, then I forget what I just read so it's totally pointless.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a fiction reading mood, but everytime I try I can only read about half a page, then I forget what I just read so it's totally pointless.
    I keep doing that too. I did manage to read 25 pages this morning, which is a record for this year, but I gave up as it wasn't worth the effort. I don't have much advice TBH, I have no idea why reading fiction takes up so much energy either.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for your kind post to my thread. How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Like a goldfish!

I get the exact same thing, haven't even bothered trying to read in weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif how are you?
    I'm good, yourself?

(Original post by mathperson)
    Thankyou for your kind post to my thread. How are you?
    My post would probably have made more sense if I had missed out the word "the". As in, just generally, find love. I assume you know what I mean?

Maybe you would get a better, more constructive response if you posted in the depression society where people will actually help you, rather than H&R where most people are there to troll (and I must admit, I troll a bit there too ).

edit: I think I *may* know who you are. You go to Sheffield right? I think you could be Of the Standard of Taste/Jack Sparrow :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Like a goldfish!

I get the exact same thing, haven't even bothered trying to read in weeks.
    Least I'm not the only one.

I keep doing that too. I did manage to read 25 pages this morning, which is a record for this year, but I gave up as it wasn't worth the effort. I don't have much advice TBH, I have no idea why reading fiction takes up so much energy either.
    25pages! nicely done

I don't think I've read that much in total since starting this year at uni :o:

I've thought up another problem. Whether I drop out now, next term or even if I magically am able to do my exams, I have nowhere to store my stuff. My dad just moved in with his girlfriend pretty far away, my mum is moving to an even smaller flat (1 bedroom and she shares with my brother ) so keeps bugging me to call my dad to move any stuff I left with her. Does anyone know how much self-storage places are? I've looked at a few sites for ones nearby but none of them give prices, and there's no way I'm calling them up.

ReputationRep:
    Least I'm not the only one.

25pages! nicely done

I don't think I've read that much in total since starting this year at uni :o:

I've thought up another problem. Whether I drop out now, next term or even if I magically am able to do my exams, I have nowhere to store my stuff. My dad just moved in with his girlfriend pretty far away, my mum is moving to an even smaller flat (1 bedroom and she shares with my brother ) so keeps bugging me to call my dad to move any stuff I left with her. Does anyone know how much self-storage places are? I've looked at a few sites for ones nearby but none of them give prices, and there's no way I'm calling them up.
    Haha, I was very impressed myself. I'm bored of the book now, which means I have no books in my room I want to read and I have a hell of a lot of books in here. I'm like an ADHD kid right now... One that sleeps way too much.

They're pretty expensive, my parents looked into them when we moved. What support are you getting ATM with your depression (yes, I have a memory like a sieve)? Because you may have time yet to be ready for your exams. If not, do you need a lot of the stuff/do you have any extended family that wouldn't mind looking after it?

ReputationRep:
    It's seriously expensive. I looked into it before my year abroad - to store a roomful of stuff for a year would have cost £700.

ReputationRep:
    I'm good, yourself?
    I'm good thanks, trying to avoid doing my own work at all costs.. so doing someone elses instead! My mind works in weird ways :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I was very impressed myself. I'm bored of the book now, which means I have no books in my room I want to read and I have a hell of a lot of books in here. I'm like an ADHD kid right now... One that sleeps way too much.

They're pretty expensive, my parents looked into them when we moved. What support are you getting ATM with your depression (yes, I have a memory like a sieve)? Because you may have time yet to be ready for your exams. If not, do you need a lot of the stuff/do you have any extended family that wouldn't mind looking after it?
    Was it fiction or for school/uni?

I have a lot of extended family, but I don't know most of them because my mum never let us mix with my dad's family growing up :rolleyes: and I don't really like her family.

Atm it's complicated. I just (well like 2 months ago) changed psychiatrist but for some reason I haven't seen him yet, and I have no idea why. When I went to the GP she said she'd call and get me an appointment but nothing materialised. Also taking various medications. Tbh I really don't think I'll be ready for the exams, I've missed too much work over this year and I still have absolutely no idea how I passed my exams last year when I was feeling only moderately better than right now. There are 2 reasons I'm staying here right now 1) I can play sport 2) I don't have anywhere else to go, or at least store my stuff.

oops sorry, essay. Wow I can write an essay on tsr but I'll be ****** if I can write the ones I'm meant to.

It's seriously expensive. I looked into it before my year abroad - to store a roomful of stuff for a year would have cost £700.
    oh dear.

I did manage to find one nearby, it was a lot more than £700.

ReputationRep:
    3500 word essay due in for tomorrow. I'm on about 500 words. Pretty damn screwed in all honesty. It's already two weeks late and they're sending it off to the examiners this week. Worth half my A level grade too. What's wrong with me...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.