ReputationRep:
    It's all getting too much and I just want to end it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    :hugs: What's wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    It's only a matter of time before people get frustrated with my inability to be all the time. I don't blame people for getting bored and leaving me/using me. I bring it on myself, I'm not the sort of person you sick around for.

Ahh I can identify with those feelings, been feeling that too today. For the first time I felt that I couldn't cry. I just sat there thinking I want to cry but I can't I just can't. Eventually I did and couldn't stop.
    I hate these mood swings.

What brought on those feelings do you know?
    :jumphug: Your negative thoughts are just because of how you're feeling and do not reflect how your friends feel towards you!

Yeah, it's odd not being able to cry. I don't know what brought it on, just everything I guess. :erm:

(Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    :console: Things will improve and when they do, you can look back on now and be so happy that you got through it, which you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :jumphug: Your negative thoughts are just because of how you're feeling and do not reflect how your friends feel towards you!

Yeah, it's odd not being able to cry. I don't know what brought it on, just everything I guess. :erm:

:console: Things will improve and when they do, you can look back on now and be so happy that you got through it, which you will.
    Yeah I just don't want people to leave me because of the way I am. I just can't wait till I'm better, hope is all I've got.

Life is so difficult for us young adults with Uni and important life decissions to make, I really feel there should be more support for us.:yes:
    Things always work out for the good in the end. :hugs:, must tidy my room now, I need some organisation in my mess of a life. Take care, lets hope tomorrow is better :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Yeah I just don't want people to leave me because of the way I am. I just can't wait till I'm better, hope is all I've got.

Life is so difficult for us young adults with Uni and important life decissions to make, I really feel there should be more support for us.:yes:
    Things always work out for the good in the end. :hugs:, must tidy my room now, I need some organisation in my mess of a life. Take care, lets hope tomorrow is better :hugs:
    They won't, and you'll get better and they'll still be there :yep:

There should be more support, it's annoying the attitudes of some people towards mental health... Yes, I saw that teacher I keep worrying about not turning up to the lessons of today.

I should tidy my room too. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Sucks that your friends aren't around. Do you get to see the one who's working much? I've known my friend since the start of uni, so about 3 1/2 years. We live in the same house so he couldn't get rid of me even if he wanted to.

Eugh, I hate insomnia. Citalopram made mine worse, but it does the opposite for some people, so hopefully it'll help you sleep. Hell, at least you read the book for the seminar - better than not doing anything at all.
    She's only an hour's train journey away (until April) but because she works most days and we're broke it's rare for us to meet up, usually just spend hours on the phone. I have people here I can go to the pub with occasionally and stuff but not close friends... & I never really see the people I live with. Next year should be better from that point of view - if I make it that far

Well, if he decided to keep living with you it can't be as bad as you think I'm sure it's just a temporary blip.
    One of my friends, on the other hand, actually couldn't handle living with me after the first two years because my panics affected her too much :o:

I really hope so! Weeeell... when I say I read the book I mean I already read it when I studied it last year...

ReputationRep:
    I spent 40minutes walking round campus, dark clothes with my hood up, kind of fun - people were scared of me for once! :mmm: Wimpy students. Was fairly scared myself but gp said to go for a walk everyday. If I can scare people off then I've got nothing to worry about Now all I need to do is find a way to do that in lectures....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I spent 40minutes walking round campus, dark clothes with my hood up, kind of fun - people were scared of me for once! :mmm: Wimpy students. Was fairly scared myself but gp said to go for a walk everyday. If I can scare people off then I've got nothing to worry about Now all I need to do is find a way to do that in lectures....
    :mmm: Sounds like fun.

How about going into lectures smelling of kerosene? Fairly sure that would scare people off. That or tattoos/piercings/bloodstains/mohawk.

ReputationRep:
    :mmm: Sounds like fun.

How about going into lectures smelling of kerosene? Fairly sure that would scare people off. That or tattoos/piercings/bloodstains/mohawk.
    I imagine it would be difficult to get hold of kerosene.... I've had 3 of the other options and yeah it did actually work at the last uni I was at I think lack of shower probably contributed most to it though.

How you getting on?

ReputationRep:
    I imagine it would be difficult to get hold of kerosene.... I've had 3 of the other options and yeah it did actually work at the last uni I was at I think lack of shower probably contributed most to it though.

How you getting on?
    How about petrol then. Or start washing your hair in beer. Or paint some of your teeth black and grin maniacally at anyone who makes eye contact. Or BEST IDEA YET: cover half your face in pva glue and rice crispies.

I'm alright, mostly managed to keep myself from thinking too much about anything, which is good. Currently trying to persuade myself it's worth the effort going and making something to eat - so far today I've had two hobnobs and a cup of tea, so food would probably be an idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Thing is, everyones told me that, but I've felt like this for near 2 years now and it still ain't feeling any better lol. The idea of getting better seems so far away :o:

And the only person I want to see lives 4735498 hours away. Or 6. But same thing.

ReputationRep:
    How about petrol then. Or start washing your hair in beer. Or paint some of your teeth black and grin maniacally at anyone who makes eye contact. Or BEST IDEA YET: cover half your face in pva glue and rice crispies.

I'm alright, mostly managed to keep myself from thinking too much about anything, which is good. Currently trying to persuade myself it's worth the effort going and making something to eat - so far today I've had two hobnobs and a cup of tea, so food would probably be an idea.
    Those ideas are awesome. I only have port....I could wash my hair in that.

Yeah eat something. Even if it's crap. I found if you cover hobnobs in peanut butter it can make quite a filling meal.

ReputationRep:
    Those ideas are awesome. I only have port....I could wash my hair in that.

Yeah eat something. Even if it's crap. I found if you cover hobnobs in peanut butter it can make quite a filling meal.
    Oh and if you do the rice crispies one be sure and start picking bits off and eating them (pva is non-toxic). Explain to people you have 'edible leprosy'.

Have made myself an excessively sugary cup of tea while I ponder the food situation. Do you think fish fingers would go with melted cheese? Stupid question, everything goes well with melted cheese.

ReputationRep:
    Remember to breathe deeply and occasionally mumble things to yourself to complete the look :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Remember to breathe deeply and occasionally mumble things to yourself to complete the look :yes:
    Oh that part's easy. :p:

How're you mate?

Oh and if you do the rice crispies one be sure and start picking bits off and eating them (pva is non-toxic). Explain to people you have 'edible leprosy'.

Have made myself an excessively sugary cup of tea while I ponder the food situation. Do you think fish fingers would go with melted cheese? Stupid question, everything goes well with melted cheese.
    :rofl: "edible leprosy" that is ******* awesome

It'll definitely go. :yes:

ReputationRep:

This is so true. I could live on melted cheese and cookies... though that might explain my recent weight gain :o:

I'm also stealing your idea for scaring people off. Do you think it would also intimidate the angry geese at my uni which attack me until I give them my sandwiches? Actually, they'd probably just eat my face...

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how someone can talk to me nearly every day and then when I stop going out as often, just ignore me and give me sarky, one line answers on the rare occasions they do talk to me :cry:

ReputationRep:
    TSR is doing a **** job of distracting me.

ReputationRep:
    TSR is doing a **** job of distracting me.
    What you need is another dose of weird and ****** up youtube videos.

80s Video Dating Montage:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Truly bizarre Russian boyband:
    Spoiler:
    Show

And... indescribable:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    This is so true. I could live on melted cheese and cookies... though that might explain my recent weight gain :o:

I'm also stealing your idea for scaring people off. Do you think it would also intimidate the angry geese at my uni which attack me until I give them my sandwiches? Actually, they'd probably just eat my face...
    Hmm, not sure about the geese. You know what would work though? FIREWORKS! Or just poison the sandwiches.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.