Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    This is so true. I could live on melted cheese and cookies... though that might explain my recent weight gain :o:

I'm also stealing your idea for scaring people off. Do you think it would also intimidate the angry geese at my uni which attack me until I give them my sandwiches? Actually, they'd probably just eat my face...
    The trick with geese is to isolate one and chase it. If you go for the whole bunch they chase you hissing and being scary, but if you pick one off and gradually move it away from the rest of the er....herd (?) then you can chase it to your heart's content.

I do this when I'm early for appointments.

(Original post by superwolf)
    What you need is another dose of weird and ****** up youtube videos.

80s Video Dating Montage:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Truly bizarre Russian boyband:
    Spoiler:
    Show

And... indescribable:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :lolwut:

I thought the aim of boybands was to appeal to impressionable pre-teenage girls? Not be gay.

Hmm, not sure about the geese. You know what would work though? FIREWORKS! Or just poison the sandwiches.
    If a swan eats a poisoned sandwich, she'll get lynched by daily mail readers for killing the queen's pet.

ReputationRep:
    What you need is another dose of weird and ****** up youtube videos.

80s Video Dating Montage:

Truly bizarre Russian boyband:

And... indescribable:
    I know it's not really saying much right now but that 80's dating montage was the best thing that's happened to me all day :rofl:
    Thanks for the suggestions about the geese They're pure evil, I tell you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :lolwut:

I thought the aim of boybands was to appeal to impressionable pre-teenage girls? Not be gay.

If a swan eats a poisoned sandwich, she'll get lynched by daily mail readers for killing the queen's pet.
    Both valid points. My only response is this:

Old man sets himself on fire.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

I can't even cry properly anymore because of the stupid flat supervisor putting his bed next to my room.

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

I can't even cry properly anymore because of the stupid flat supervisor putting his bed next to my room.
    :hugs: I'm sure he'll be asleep by now. And as long as you're not actually weeping and wailing he's not going to hear you. And who gives a **** what he thinks anyway?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I'm sure he'll be asleep by now. And as long as you're not actually weeping and wailing he's not going to hear you. And who gives a **** what he thinks anyway?
    I don't give a ****, I just don't want him to knock on the door and tell me to shut up. again.

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a ****, I just don't want him to knock on the door and tell me to shut up. again.
    Good point. Hide under your duvet, it'll muffle the sound.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    Thing is, everyones told me that, but I've felt like this for near 2 years now and it still ain't feeling any better lol. The idea of getting better seems so far away :o:

And the only person I want to see lives 4735498 hours away. Or 6. But same thing.
    But it will improve, you just have to keep the faith.

Have you tried using the internet? Or call them/maybe arrange to meet up halfway?

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected without interview for the job I spent ages applying for when I was meant to be doing seminar preparation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    Just got rejected without interview for the job I spent ages applying for when I was meant to be doing seminar preparation...
    :hugs: the economy is still ****** up so try not to take it to heart a lot of people atm are missing out on jobs through no fault of their own.

ergh, 3 hours sleep and then the woman didn't turn up for 9am appointment. At least I have some gingerbread latte to make up for it. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmfff...things were meant to be getting better, I've had my low where is my high?

Almost burst into tears today and ran away from my friends today. I'm trying so hard to keep it together but I feel like I'm falling apart and this course is just getting harder and harder. I just want it all to end, every day I wake up and I'm still in the same state. I don't even have the energy to cry...its just pointless...
    Got my blood-test tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Hmmmfff...things were meant to be getting better, I've had my low where is my high?

Almost burst into tears today and ran away from my friends today. I'm trying so hard to keep it together but I feel like I'm falling apart and this course is just getting harder and harder. I just want it all to end, every day I wake up and I'm still in the same state. I don't even have the energy to cry...its just pointless...
    Got my blood-test tomorrow...
    :console: Things will get better, they will!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :console: Things will get better, they will!
    Thanks, I just need them to be good now so that I don't end up failing this year. Its not the right time to be this way, so much is at stake.

How are you today?

ReputationRep:
    Feel so crap today. Missed a dance rehearsal, and haven't done anything productive all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Thanks, I just need them to be good now so that I don't end up failing this year. Its not the right time to be this way, so much is at stake.

How are you today?
    Try not to stress about it, everything will work out fine. :yes: Things always improve, and the help you have started getting will help.

I'm really tired, didn't sleep very well last night. I've just seen a FOURTH doctor (this one agrees with the 3rd thank goodness) and apparently they're not allowed to give antidepressants to under 21s without them seeing a psychiatrist apparently. However, I apparently have tonsilitus, so not feeling brilliant haha.

ReputationRep:
    I hate myself :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    I hate myself :cry:
    :hugs: why?

Though I can't talk, I feel like giving up right now.

Hi all, hope everyone isnt feeling too bad xxxxx
    Oh year to those saying kill geese and swans don`t! they are only trying to survive.

well i ahve had a not too bad week and bit, though i am still having concentration problems in class, and i am on the waiting list for a dictaphone, told not to get one right now, as i am putting in my students disability allowance forms, so i may get one bought for me!
    I am also fiding it hard to get motivated to do the essay for a lesson i really didnt like but once this essay is done i am all done with sociology forever!
    getting worried over a presentation i have got to do after easter arrgghhh no good getting up in front of others like that.
    I am now waiting to hear from Uni of Leicester accessability department for an email sent them for some info and advice!

ReputationRep:
    feel completely out of it. I wish coffee worked on me.

saw a psychologist today and really didn't see the relevance of about 90% of the stuff she was talking about, just nodding and smiling seemed to work.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno whether to apply for a job as an HCA in the local eating disorders centre. On the one hand, I really enjoyed being an HCA at the hospital (just hated the nurses and the suicidal people got to me) and it'd be great experience IF eating disorders is something I want to do after/during my degree, on the other I'm a bit sensitive to EDs atm and I'm well aware that my eating is not good; not to the extreme of an ED but probably not healthy. And there will be suicidal people there too. Hmmm.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.