Is something wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Is something wrong?
    I don't know Everything just feels like a bit too much right now :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    I don't know Everything just feels like a bit too much right now :o:
    :console: I hope you'll feel OK there, whatever it is things should get better I'm sure. I can pretty much relate as well.

ReputationRep:
    Gah, I'm going crazy here. I still feel really crap and depressed all the time, and my head is all over the place. And still waiting for the counselling to start, and I have no idea when that'll be either . Seriously, could I just go to my GP now and ask for anti depressants? I suspect that they're probably gonna question me, but how much persuading will it take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Gah, I'm going crazy here. I still feel really crap and depressed all the time, and my head is all over the place. And still waiting for the counselling to start, and I have no idea when that'll be either . Seriously, could I just go to my GP now and ask for anti depressants? I suspect that they're probably gonna question me, but how much persuading will it take?
    Was it you saying they told you that only a psychiatrist can prescribe them to under 21s? Because that's bull. I was put on them at 18 by my GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Was it you saying they told you that only a psychiatrist can prescribe them to under 21s? Because that's bull. I was put on them at 18 by my GP.
    Nope, wasn't me that said that :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Nope, wasn't me that said that :no:
    Oops, sorry.

To answer your other post, if you feel that bad then you might as well try asking. First gp I saw was crap but the next one agreed right away I was depressed and getting anti-depressants was absolutely no problem. What he did with me was ask me to fill out a questionaire on his computer, just like the ones you can find about depression online (i can find you a similar one if you want to know the sort of questions) then it was scored and he prescribed antidepressants immediately so it's really not hard to get them.

ReputationRep:
    Oops, sorry.

To answer your other post, if you feel that bad then you might as well try asking. First gp I saw was crap but the next one agreed right away I was depressed and getting anti-depressants was absolutely no problem. What he did with me was ask me to fill out a questionaire on his computer, just like the ones you can find about depression online (i can find you a similar one if you want to know the sort of questions) then it was scored and he prescribed antidepressants immediately so it's really not hard to get them.
    Ok, thanks for the answer. I have done a few of those online tests and look at symptoms on several sites, and I think I fit the criteria. I saw the doctor over a month ago and she only gave me a reference to counselling (which is taking long as I said) and nothing else. I am going to the doctor's again tomorrow for a different problem, but maybe if I get time and I'm allowed I will ask for antidepressants.

ReputationRep:
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif the economy is still ****** up so try not to take it to heart a lot of people atm are missing out on jobs through no fault of their own.

ergh, 3 hours sleep and then the woman didn't turn up for 9am appointment. At least I have some gingerbread latte to make up for it. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/coma.gif
    Thanks. Feeling a bit more philosophical about it now as tbh it was a job I *really* didn't want to do - only applied cos the pay was decent and I was vaguely qualified. I just don't cope very well with rejections!

Mm gingerbread latte sounds amazing, I want some! Where's it from? That sucks about the 9am, really hate it when that happens.
    My last counselling appointment's tomorrow, argh! Might have to see where else in York I can get some free sessions...

EDIT: Oh, also - was it you who suggested a while back that the best way to avoid procrastination and get essays done was to do the first draft by hand? You may be on to something there, I'm giving it a go tomorrow on campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    Thanks. Feeling a bit more philosophical about it now as tbh it was a job I *really* didn't want to do - only applied cos the pay was decent and I was vaguely qualified. I just don't cope very well with rejections!

Mm gingerbread latte sounds amazing, I want some! Where's it from? That sucks about the 9am, really hate it when that happens.
    My last counselling appointment's tomorrow, argh! Might have to see where else in York I can get some free sessions...

EDIT: Oh, also - was it you who suggested a while back that the best way to avoid procrastination and get essays done was to do the first draft by hand? You may be on to something there, I'm giving it a go tomorrow on campus.
    you don't want a job you loathe, it's **** even if you're only doing it for the money.

Costa coffee, and trust me it is amazing :drool:

You're seeing your university counsellors atm?

Er...might have been :p: Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    you don't want a job you loathe, it's **** even if you're only doing it for the money.

Costa coffee, and trust me it is amazing http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...lies/drool.gif

You're seeing your university counsellors atm?

Er...might have been http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif Good luck!
    That's true, although all my jobs have been jobs I loathe. They've only been part-time to help pay my way through BA and MA though, which is what's made them vaguely bearable I guess. What kinds of jobs have you tried? I've mainly worked in bloody awful wine shops, and as a database researcher for my lecturer, which sounded good but was the most boring thing I've ever done in my life.

OK I think I may have to get to Costa on campus tomorrow.

Yeah I'm in university counselling again - not that it's ever much use, but I can't afford to go private. Doctor gave me some phone numbers for free local services though.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how my life got this bad. I actually thought things were going to get better this year. I was going to finally get some help, go on antidepressants, finish uni, generally sort my life out. I thought I felt bad then, I had no idea. I don't know what to do. My friend said last night things can't go on like this and he's right, but the only way out I can see is really really not a good option.

Sorry, I swear I post the exact same thing every few days, my thoughts just keep going round in circles (or possibly it's a downward spiral, hard to tell...).

ReputationRep:
    :cry: I hate this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :cry: I hate this.
    i hate life. not been in a few days; anything happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I dunno whether to apply for a job as an HCA in the local eating disorders centre. On the one hand, I really enjoyed being an HCA at the hospital (just hated the nurses and the suicidal people got to me) and it'd be great experience IF eating disorders is something I want to do after/during my degree, on the other I'm a bit sensitive to EDs atm and I'm well aware that my eating is not good; not to the extreme of an ED but probably not healthy. And there will be suicidal people there too. Hmmm.
    Hey there. I don't know if it'll help but i'll throw my two pence in. We had a lecture on tuesday about eating disorders. the woman who lead it was in a nurse in charge on the unit who also supervised students. we were told that the staff get weighed every week alongside the patients to encourage them to gain weight. Staff also get asked several questions in the interview process about how comfortable they are with themselves and their bodies. This applied to students aswell which is why she mentioned it. It's probably not exactly the same in your area, however it's something to be aware of. It may be different aswell as we're students but thought i could help

Hope this helps.

x

ReputationRep:
    I really don't want to exist right now and my friends don't care any more, not that I blame them. I can't take it any more. January results day is in 6 days, my first exam in 7 weeks and there's no way I can be prepared by then. My doctor doesn't seem to think I'm depressed, but I just can't seem to pull myself together.

There's no one I can talk to any more - I don't trust my counsellor, my friends don't care and have their own worries and there's no one else left then. The urge to self harm is massive right now. I just want to crawl into bed and stop existing.

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i hate life. not been in a few days; anything happen?
    Nothing's happened, just seem to be getting worse. How about you?

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I really don't want to exist right now and my friends don't care any more, not that I blame them. I can't take it any more. January results day is in 6 days, my first exam in 7 weeks and there's no way I can be prepared by then. My doctor doesn't seem to think I'm depressed, but I just can't seem to pull myself together.

There's no one I can talk to any more - I don't trust my counsellor, my friends don't care and have their own worries and there's no one else left then. The urge to self harm is massive right now. I just want to crawl into bed and stop existing.

:cry:
    I'm sorry about your friends, I know how ****** it feels when people just abandon you like that. Try not to stress too much about results - the exams have already been and gone, there's nothing you can do about it now. And seven weeks is quite a long time - I'd say that means you don't need to start revising for another six weeks and six days. :yes:

:console: Is there anyone in your family you can talk to? Even if there isn't anyone in real life, you can always talk to us.

:grouphugs: to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by herbal bug)
    Hey there. I don't know if it'll help but i'll throw my two pence in. We had a lecture on tuesday about eating disorders. the woman who lead it was in a nurse in charge on the unit who also supervised students. we were told that the staff get weighed every week alongside the patients to encourage them to gain weight. Staff also get asked several questions in the interview process about how comfortable they are with themselves and their bodies. This applied to students aswell which is why she mentioned it. It's probably not exactly the same in your area, however it's something to be aware of. It may be different aswell as we're students but thought i could help

Hope this helps.

x
    :lolwut: I don't like the sound of that. I know one of the girls on here is an HCA in an eating disorders centre so I'm going to PM her... I think I will probably not bother applying. It'd be nice to do from the psychology side but from the keeping me sane side, not so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Nothing's happened, just seem to be getting worse. How about you?

I'm sorry about your friends, I know how ****** it feels when people just abandon you like that. Try not to stress too much about results - the exams have already been and gone, there's nothing you can do about it now. And seven weeks is quite a long time - I'd say that means you don't need to start revising for another six weeks and six days. :yes:

:console: Is there anyone in your family you can talk to? Even if there isn't anyone in real life, you can always talk to us.

:grouphugs: to everyone.
    I know I can't change my results, but my German exam could change my entire AS grade (I was one UMS off a B :nothing:). Haha, if only! I have my German speaking exams then, and I really messed up last year, so am so stressed about them.

I don't really talk to my family... I know that probably sounds messed up, but...

How're you?

-

Today has been the worst day since I went to the doctor's... I keep crying at everything and anything, really want to self harm and keep binging - not good for keeping my ED at bay.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.