Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Nothing's happened, just seem to be getting worse. How about you?
    i just hate uni sooo much. Everyday I am in feels like a chore but i've calculated i've only got 10 more lectures left in my entire life! 2 more weeks of set stuff then i'm free! I can't ******* wait

I'm planning my travelling. I was goign to go from UK-USA-UK-South america-New Zealand-fiji-Australia-singapore-indonesia-thailand-UK.

But now i'm thinking of skipping south america and doing the rest and possibly adding the trans siberian railway in after thailand...i.e. thailand to beijing and then pick up the trans siberian via mongolia

If anyone wants to travel with me for a bit let me know . I don't have any friends so i'm doing it alone but it should be all good....

...I really wanted to go to pitcairn island but it costs so much money - I need $4000 to get to pitcairn from NZ and then $70 a night to stay in the only accommodation on pitcairn! Very mystical place but a bit out of my budget!

Thinking about travelling is so therapeutic! It's the only thing that is keeping me going through university. I highly recommend it to people who have a bad day in school or a levels.

love from blue to everyone in the depression soc. xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i just hate uni sooo much. Everyday I am in feels like a chore but i've calculated i've only got 10 more lectures left in my entire life! 2 more weeks of set stuff then i'm free! I can't ******* wait

I'm planning my travelling. I was goign to go from UK-USA-UK-South america-New Zealand-fiji-Australia-singapore-indonesia-thailand-UK.

But now i'm thinking of skipping south america and doing the rest and possibly adding the trans siberian railway in after thailand...i.e. thailand to beijing and then pick up the trans siberian via mongolia

If anyone wants to travel with me for a bit let me know . I don't have any friends so i'm doing it alone but it should be all good....

...I really wanted to go to pitcairn island but it costs so much money - I need $4000 to get to pitcairn from NZ and then $70 a night to stay in the only accommodation on pitcairn! Very mystical place but a bit out of my budget!

Thinking about travelling is so therapeutic! It's the only thing that is keeping me going through university. I highly recommend it to people who have a bad day in school or a levels.

love from blue to everyone in the depression soc. xxxxxx
    Aw I'm so so so jealous you only have 10 lectures left!

Those travelling plans sound pretty amazing. I'm not sure I'd regard it as "therapeutic" though; but then I'm scared of planes so have a major stress everytime :p: I think going on your own is a good idea, you'll meet so many people and have so many awesome experiences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I know I can't change my results, but my German exam could change my entire AS grade (I was one UMS off a B :nothing:). Haha, if only! I have my German speaking exams then, and I really messed up last year, so am so stressed about them.
    Chill ....there is more to life than academia. I hope you reach an enlightened state of mind and realise this soon . There is really no point worrying about small things like academia. It is but a small part of a very long life! I got 4A's at a level and I am not happier for my troubles. If I had 4C's I don't think it'd have changed anything other than perhaps I'd have gone to a more normal uni and would have been around more normal people and thus it would probably have saved me from having a nervous breakdown? I don't know, but i'd have preferred that route to the one i'm currently on but I can't change the past. I just wanted to help you put some context to what you are worrying about. German A level is just a subject, you'll just get a letter....it doesn't matter

Peace steffi xx

ReputationRep:
    I know I can't change my results, but my German exam could change my entire AS grade (I was one UMS off a B :nothing:). Haha, if only! I have my German speaking exams then, and I really messed up last year, so am so stressed about them.
    :hugs:

Du hast besserer Noten als mich! Ich habe nur ein D gemacht... :o: (See why?!)

ReputationRep:
    Feel like I've completely lost the ability to communicate with people. I've got a whole list of people I should have emailed back, some of them from months ago, and I can't think of a single thing to say to any of them. I've got friends who live in Chile and I haven't even checked to see if they're ok after the earthquake. Half my friends don't even know I'm depressed or that I dropped out, I haven't spoken to them in so long. It's no wonder my other friends are losing interest in me, when I'm such an inconsiderate *****.

ReputationRep:
    Feel like I've completely lost the ability to communicate with people. I've got a whole list of people I should have emailed back, some of them from months ago, and I can't think of a single thing to say to any of them. I've got friends who live in Chile and I haven't even checked to see if they're ok after the earthquake. Half my friends don't even know I'm depressed or that I dropped out, I haven't spoken to them in so long. It's no wonder my other friends are losing interest in me, when I'm such an inconsiderate *****.
    Don't feel too bad about it. :hugs: It's pretty natural I think that if you feel like **** it's hard to keep in touch with people. You'd probably have to put on a front to answer them emails, and it's totally understandable that if you're feeling crap you're really not going to want to do that. When you feel ok, get in touch then and if you want to explain stuff wasn't great I'm sure most friends would understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Don't feel too bad about it. :hugs: It's pretty natural I think that if you feel like **** it's hard to keep in touch with people. You'd probably have to put on a front to answer them emails, and it's totally understandable that if you're feeling crap you're really not going to want to do that. When you feel ok, get in touch then and if you want to explain stuff wasn't great I'm sure most friends would understand.
    They probably hate me by now and I ******* deserve it. I don't even read their emails any more, I have no idea what's going on in their lives, I'm just too selfish to try and do anything which requires any effort. I've been ignoring emails from my mum and my sister for about a week as well, I just can't seem to do anything. I'm supposed to be going to the lake district with my mum next weekend and now she's booked hostels and everything but I don't know if I can go, I don't know what to tell her. Just can't ******* think straight.

Sorry, rant. How you today?

ReputationRep:
    They probably hate me by now and I ******* deserve it. I don't even read their emails any more, I have no idea what's going on in their lives, I'm just too selfish to try and do anything which requires any effort. I've been ignoring emails from my mum and my sister for about a week as well, I just can't seem to do anything. I'm supposed to be going to the lake district with my mum next weekend and now she's booked hostels and everything but I don't know if I can go, I don't know what to tell her. Just can't ******* think straight.

Sorry, rant. How you today?
    They won't hate you if they're friends, if someone didn't reply to my email I'd just assume they were busy or whatever I wouldn't hate them, and even if they do hate you I don't think you deserve it. You feel like **** I think it's pretty understandable you don't want to pretend everything is good just for their sake.

You might not feel up for going with your mum, but do you think you might feel even a little better if you do go? What're you doing in the lake district? walking? exercise is apparently pretty good for depression, though I can understand why you might be a bit anxious about it with the heart thing. Perhaps mention it to a doctor? You don't really want to pass out halfway up a mountain.

I'm ok, slept far too much today and my arm hurts like a ************ whenever I straighten it. Not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    They won't hate you if they're friends, if someone didn't reply to my email I'd just assume they were busy or whatever I wouldn't hate them, and even if they do hate you I don't think you deserve it. You feel like **** I think it's pretty understandable you don't want to pretend everything is good just for their sake.

You might not feel up for going with your mum, but do you think you might feel even a little better if you do go? What're you doing in the lake district? walking? exercise is apparently pretty good for depression, though I can understand why you might be a bit anxious about it with the heart thing. Perhaps mention it to a doctor? You don't really want to pass out halfway up a mountain.

I'm ok, slept far too much today and my arm hurts like a ************ whenever I straighten it. Not good.
    Wtf, someone just came home, only two of my housemates are on holiday and the other's supposed to be on some 24 hour walk thing. Weird.

Yeah, I want to go, if only because I really need to just get out of this house for a while. Supposed to be going walking, which is why I'm worried because of the heart thing. Still, maybe I can collapse strategically off the side of a cliff.

Sleep is good, arm hurting not so much so.

ReputationRep:
    Chill ....there is more to life than academia. I hope you reach an enlightened state of mind and realise this soon . There is really no point worrying about small things like academia. It is but a small part of a very long life! I got 4A's at a level and I am not happier for my troubles. If I had 4C's I don't think it'd have changed anything other than perhaps I'd have gone to a more normal uni and would have been around more normal people and thus it would probably have saved me from having a nervous breakdown? I don't know, but i'd have preferred that route to the one i'm currently on but I can't change the past. I just wanted to help you put some context to what you are worrying about. German A level is just a subject, you'll just get a letter....it doesn't matter

Peace steffi xx
    Academia was the only thing I was good at, now I suck at even that. :nothing: I have no talents whatsoever, so getting good grades made me feel better about myself. If I don't get a B in German this year, I won't be able to get into uni and that will make everything so much worse.

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :hugs:

Du hast besserer Noten als mich! Ich habe nur ein D gemacht... :o: (See why?!)
    That's more German than I could write right now (I seriously doubt I could remember how to say 'my name is'.) I do love the subject (big improvement on last year, when I hated it), but... I just seem incapable of doing anything other than staring into space. I can't even play computer games for that long, let alone sit down and study. It's like I've become super lazy.

-

I just got my appointment for the depression thingy... My parents originally wanted me to walk from my school to the local town's bus station, take a bus to the town that it's in and do the same in reverse to get back. I wouldn't have gone - I'd miss so much school and that's stressing me out enough right now. Plus, I don't think I'm actually depressed. Now, my Dad will take me there, so I have to go whether I like it or not. I told my GP that it would be easier if I could see whoever is in the town local to my school, but they kept thinking that my school was somewhere it's not. I don't even want to go and see these people.

I feel like absolute crap, the lowest I've felt since I saw my GP. I woke up and wanted to self harm. I just have so much work and I really hate myself right now. I have no idea why I feel like this.

ReputationRep:
    Academia was the only thing I was good at, now I suck at even that. :nothing: I have no talents whatsoever, so getting good grades made me feel better about myself. If I don't get a B in German this year, I won't be able to get into uni and that will make everything so much worse.
    If you don't get a B in German, the **** uni ....go travelling ...think outside the box a bit . You'll thank me for it some day!

ReputationRep:
    If you don't get a B in German, the **** uni ....go travelling ...think outside the box a bit . You'll thank me for it some day!
    Travelling right now doesn't really interest me and there's no way I could afford it.

ReputationRep:
    Travelling right now doesn't really interest me and there's no way I could afford it.
    You could work in a cinema? Get paid to watch movies! . I've applied and applied but they don't like me . It's like my dream job.

ReputationRep:
    Who wants to go abseiling on Sat 27th March in London? . I booked me and my brother onto it. It's for charity and it's a £10 minimum donation

I can't wait! It'll be so exhilarating! It's a 165ft building

ReputationRep:
    i am sooooo depressed and numb right now:|

ReputationRep:
    and i knwo exactly how you feel steffi. academia was the only thing thats given me purpose over the past 3 years and now even that is getting ****** up cos i dont even want to wake up let alone go to school and put the effort in ****

ReputationRep:
    why is it SO ****** up? just why isnt it normal? why the **** cant i be someone else. stupid stupid disgusting **** :@:

ReputationRep:
    it is just SO ****** up

ReputationRep:
    ive been meaning to do some work for the past weeks and i havent and i cant get round to it as my head is ****** and all i want to do is escape from the world i.e. by sleeping so i never get anything dsone

i give up the will to live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    and i knwo exactly how you feel steffi. academia was the only thing thats given me purpose over the past 3 years and now even that is getting ****** up cos i dont even want to wake up let alone go to school and put the effort in ****
    :console: Things will pick up, you will get through this. Have you seen your GP yet? And how are things going with the school?

You still have a purpose, I'm a firm believer of everything happens for a reason. Try not to stress yourself too much and trust that things will improve. :yes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.