Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    you made it to uni. which is more than can be said for a lot of people. i assure you you're not pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    It's now 6am and I've been waiting to fall asleep for 5 and a half hours, I've tried soothing music, sleeping remedies, reading a book, etc and it's just not happening. Getting horrible paranoia tonight that I'm being watched and listened to, getting some minor auditory hallucinations but they're mostly masquerading as background noise tonight, starting to freak me out that this is all coming back again.

Appointment with a new psychologist on thursday, hopefully the appointment will get the ball rolling to get things sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i am more **** i reassure you.
    :console: How're you feeling today?

ReputationRep:
    i just woke up at about 2 which is better than 4 i guess. nt feeling too good knowing i have to get up early tomorrow for school and go to it. ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i just woke up at about 2 which is better than 4 i guess. nt feeling too good knowing i have to get up early tomorrow for school and go to it. ****.
    :hugs: I've only just got dressed :o: It's the weekend, allow yourself some slack! Does your school know what's going on? I hate going into school too, but it does help to have people I can talk to there.

ReputationRep:
    they're attendance nazis. they dlont care they still want me in. [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    they're attendance nazis. they dlont care they still want me in. [email protected]
    Well maybe try going to the lessons but doing the bare minimum to try and alleviate some pressure? Have you spoken to the head of sixth form about what's going on?

ReputationRep:
    Why do thinks appear to be looking up, then the next just fall back down again. I don't know what to do, didn't want to start my own thread, so I came in here? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starryeyed.)
    Why do thinks appear to be looking up, then the next just fall back down again. I don't know what to do, didn't want to start my own thread, so I came in here? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ies/unsure.gif
    :hugs: I can relate to this right now... unfortunately. Did something bad happen, or has it just turned into one of those days/weeks? I've been managing to make myself go out and do things more recently, but it just seems to come and go so much I had one day this week where I was more productive than I've been in the last 2 weeks combined, and yesterday I went to Durham with friends and managed to have a reasonably good time. But then just when I think everything is finally ok I start feeling crap and unable to do anything again grar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    :hugs: I can relate to this right now... unfortunately. Did something bad happen, or has it just turned into one of those days/weeks? I've been managing to make myself go out and do things more recently, but it just seems to come and go so much I had one day this week where I was more productive than I've been in the last 2 weeks combined, and yesterday I went to Durham with friends and managed to have a reasonably good time. But then just when I think everything is finally ok I start feeling crap and unable to do anything again grar.
    No, nothings happened. I'm the same, I carry on ok for a few days and it just hits me again, for no reason. Arghh, I seriously can't take any more of it. I'm in a cycle of depression, self harm, eating problems and I can't get out of it.

It's good that you managed to have a good time, even if you are starting to feel crap again. It's so frustrating isn't it :mad:

Make the most of when you feel good!! i try to get as much work done as i can when i feel good, i am just worried about when i get to uni about my down days, but have got things rolling by appying for DSA so i can hopfully get all the books i will need for days when i cannot get in and a laptop for when i can so i dont have to stress about getting one while there! I have also got in touch with the uni`s mental health department for advice and to get things started there too. i do feel a prat frot he email i sent them though is i was on a bit of a panic day that day and i think i amy have made myself sound sooooo stoopid though lol well i guess i wll see when i get a reply. I am hoping i can go over to the uni before i start for some sessions though but we shall see.

ReputationRep:
    No, nothings happened. I'm the same, I carry on ok for a few days and it just hits me again, for no reason. Arghh, I seriously can't take any more of it. I'm in a cycle of depression, self harm, eating problems and I can't get out of it.

It's good that you managed to have a good time, even if you are starting to feel crap again. It's so frustrating isn't it http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/mad.gif
    ]

Sorry you're feeling bad. With me it's partly just that I have so little energy right now, even on the very rare occasions when I've slept. I have one productive day and then seem to take 2 days to recover from subsequent exhaustion Can't work out what to do about the antidepressants either :confused: Are you taking anything? & have you been to the GP/counselling?
    I know, it's so ridiculously frustrating, I hate it.The random mood swings suck. I guess the light at the end of the tunnel is that at least we have good days, so there's hope - fingers crossed eventually there'll be more good days than bad :console:

ReputationRep:
    ]

Sorry you're feeling bad. With me it's partly just that I have so little energy right now, even on the very rare occasions when I've slept. I have one productive day and then seem to take 2 days to recover from subsequent exhaustion Can't work out what to do about the antidepressants either :confused: Are you taking anything? & have you been to the GP/counselling?
    I know, it's so ridiculously frustrating, I hate it.The random mood swings suck. I guess the light at the end of the tunnel is that at least we have good days, so there's hope - fingers crossed eventually there'll be more good days than bad :console:
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I just have no motivation what so ever. I wake up so late on my days off, and just don't do anything but stay in bed :confused: I have so much work to do right now, it just seems impossible. I'm failing badly, probably just down to 'laziness' :rolleyes:, as other people think.

What about the antidepressants? And no, im not taking anything. I tried seeing the counsellor at college once, but we didn't get on so I didn't go back, it really put me off.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I just have no motivation what so ever. I wake up so late on my days off, and just don't do anything but stay in bed http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/confused.gif I have so much work to do right now, it just seems impossible. I'm failing badly, probably just down to 'laziness' http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif, as other people think.

What about the antidepressants? And no, im not taking anything. I tried seeing the counsellor at college once, but we didn't get on so I didn't go back, it really put me off.
    Same here. I don't really sleep properly but I don't get out of bed until 2pm a lot of days unless I have to - sometimes not even then. Counselling's helped a bit but not the medication so much I don't think. I keep having to get massive essay extensions and I can't shake the feeling that all the people who think I'm just lazy might well be right... I wish there was a way of knowing I'm sure you're not though. I remember how draining eating disorders can be for starters, plays havoc with the energy levels. I know how hard it is but maybe try to eat little and often if you can.
    I had 2 counsellors I hated during GCSEs and A levels which put me off for ages, but it's usually a question of trying new ones until you find one that fits. It's a pain, but when you find a counselling approach that clicks for you it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Why am I so unmotivated? I promised myself that I'd start my coursework two hours ago. I haven't even re-read the title yet. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I don't really sleep properly but I don't get out of bed until 2pm a lot of days unless I have to - sometimes not even then. Counselling's helped a bit but not the medication so much I don't think. I keep having to get massive essay extensions and I can't shake the feeling that all the people who think I'm just lazy might well be right... I wish there was a way of knowing I'm sure you're not though. I remember how draining eating disorders can be for starters, plays havoc with the energy levels. I know how hard it is but maybe try to eat little and often if you can.
    I had 2 counsellors I hated during GCSEs and A levels which put me off for ages, but it's usually a question of trying new ones until you find one that fits. It's a pain, but when you find a counselling approach that clicks for you it's worth it.
    I really need some extensions for my work. My tutor knows all about my self harming, but it's so hard to explain to someone who doesn't understand, just how hard it is. but I would just feel like a complete fake if I did anyway. Theres people with 'real' problems, who genuinely need extensions, she knows about them, so why would she give extensions for my 'problems'.

Yeah I guess so, after seeing the college counsellor I thought it was just me, like I was just stuck like this and I or no one else could help me. I'll think about finding a new one, maybe when i'm ready to again.

How come medication isn't working? Have you talked it through with your GP, maybe change it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Why am I so unmotivated? I promised myself that I'd start my coursework two hours ago. I haven't even re-read the title yet. :nothing:
    I know the feeling. It gets so draining trying to do coursework, but all you do is stare at the screen for hours on end. Have you tried having a break from it all, go for a walk or something to clear your head and give it another go when you get back? I find that cleaning helps me to get the motivation to do things, even if it is incredibly hard to start cleaning in the first place :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling. It gets so draining trying to do coursework, but all you do is stare at the screen for hours on end. Have you tried having a break from it all, go for a walk or something to clear your head and give it another go when you get back? I find that cleaning helps me to get the motivation to do things, even if it is incredibly hard to start cleaning in the first place :rolleyes:
    I haven't even got to the screen-staring stage, I'm still annotating the sources :nothing: I haven't exactly set myself a lot of work for today - annotate the four paragraphs and do a detailed plan - but I've only managed to annotate (badly) 1/2 a paragraph... This coursework is on a topic I find interesting, which just makes it worse.

Oh well, I guess that 1/2 a paragraph is more than when I last posted. Nothing seems to motivate me, I've literally spent all day going from doing one thing to the next, as nothing interests me. I can't even watch TV, daydream or play computer games without getting that 'what's the point' feeling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I haven't even got to the screen-staring stage, I'm still annotating the sources :nothing: I haven't exactly set myself a lot of work for today - annotate the four paragraphs and do a detailed plan - but I've only managed to annotate (badly) 1/2 a paragraph... This coursework is on a topic I find interesting, which just makes it worse.

Oh well, I guess that 1/2 a paragraph is more than when I last posted.
    You got some done though, which is good Even if its small bits at a time, you'll get there in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Everything is my fault. I can't do this ******* essay because I'm not trying hard enough. I'm not trying hard enough because I'm lazy. I got the articles I just need to read them, tried forcing myself to do it but can't understand a single ******* sentence. My brain is just doing this to get out of doing the work. It wants me to fail and I have to find a way to force it to do this work. I need to find a way but I can't think. Everything is too much and it's my fault for not doing it.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.