Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,
    i'm kinda looking for some advice plz
    i was prescribed citalopram 20mg today and i was wondering if it's best to take it at morning or night?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lionella)
    hey guys,
    i was prescribed citalopram 20mg today and i was wondering if it's best to take it at morning or night?

thanks
    personally I found at night was better as I felt sick a few hours after taking it (for the first few weeks) you don't really feel sick if you're asleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lionella)
    hey guys,

thanks

night is better - i found it caused hyposomnia, where I was sleeping for 2-3 hours during the day then 10-11 hours at night. So I started taking it at night and it was all fixed

ReputationRep:
    much thanks to both of you!! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I take mine in the morning coz my doctor told me too. Hmm. Will it matter if I change to the evenings, coz I still get the sicky icky feeling even though it's months since I started on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starchild)
    Told dad that Oxford are considering me. This is a huge deal as I really want to go there for my PGCE, i.e perfect course, city etc. He said that I was just average and wont succeed, and wont support me.

I might as well not even try going to oxford, it's too expensive. I cant afford the accomadation, let alone the college fees or even the tuition fees
    It is a huge deal and shows that at least Oxford are not blinkered enough/too blind to affirm to your awesomeness that you radiate!

This is going to sound rude but nevermind; I wont try beating around the bush thus digging myself a big ol' hole. SO straight out with it: Your parents never seem to appreciate you and realise how much they've got- as you're a brilliant daughter, a wonderful person and such a credit to any establishment and organisation/body that you join and take part in. If they're going to be too arsey to give you support and praise for where you need and deserve it, then although yes it hurts :console: , you have to put thoughts of them aside and do this for yourself and take pride in your own achievements and progress. Don't let them bring you down and restrict you.

You're clearly not average not just from your interests and skills but from the passion that you invest into politics, poetry and trying to make the world a better place for people and animals. You also go to a top University reading a highly respectable subject. You also have such a high emotional intelligence. So not average at all!

Where the monetary concerns with Oxford are, you should not worry much as Oxbridge have excellent grants, bursaries and scholarships that help anyone and everyone out, especially if you're from a low income family or whatnot.

:hugs: :flowers:

ReputationRep:
    grargh i did something stupid i went out and left my tobacco on the cafe table

ReputationRep:
    Siti, I agree completely with what Elements wrote - I find it baffling and heartbreaking how your parents seem to completely and consistently fail to realise how special you are. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    ok i'm stressed
    meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    ok i'm stressed
    meh
    :hugs: Want to talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    Feeling really low today, family being horrid, can't stand it much longer :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceTaylor)
    Feeling really low today, family being horrid, can't stand it much longer :cry:
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    Hm well i don't know if i should be posting this here since i haven't posted in this thread before But here goes anyway

I'm annoyed, upset and probably overreacting, but i just need to vent a bit.

My girlfriend has gone to reading with her friends, which I didn't really mind when she got the ticket. But as she told me what she did last year i got a little worried. Lets just say there was a lot of alcohol and she was with another bf with her .

But yeah she went off on Wednesday and txt me a really drunk txt saying shes having a good time, which I was fine with. Ok maybe I was a tiny bit worried but I delt with it. But today she sent me another drunken txt saying shes met up with her ex (who was there last year) and now they will have to share a tent so he has somewhere to stay near to them all.....and that was the last txt I got from her. Well I think you can see why I'm a little worried about it.

It's just this is the 3rd serious relationship I have had, the others lasting 3 and 2 years. In both of them I have been cheated on, and well I can just seeing it happening again!

I know I'm probably overreacting, but I really don't deserve her and I have met her ex, and he just seems like hes better than me in a lot of ways (He goes to a better Uni, Middle class rather than working, has his own car, has a load of money from his parents, is athletic etc etc...).

Bleh rant over I guess, flame away if you must.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harv616)
    Hm well i don't know if i should be posting this here since i haven't posted in this thread before But here goes anyway

I'm annoyed, upset and probably overreacting, but i just need to vent a bit.

My girlfriend has gone to reading with her friends, which I didn't really mind when she got the ticket. But as she told me what she did last year i got a little worried. Lets just say there was a lot of alcohol and she was with another bf with her .

But yeah she went off on Wednesday and txt me a really drunk txt saying shes having a good time, which I was fine with. Ok maybe I was a tiny bit worried but I delt with it. But today she sent me another drunken txt saying shes met up with her ex (who was there last year) and now they will have to share a tent so he has somewhere to stay near to them all.....and that was the last txt I got from her. Well I think you can see why I'm a little worried about it.

It's just this is the 3rd serious relationship I have had, the others lasting 3 and 2 years. In both of them I have been cheated on, and well I can just seeing it happening again!

I know I'm probably overreacting, but I really don't deserve her and I have met her ex, and he just seems like hes better than me in a lot of ways (He goes to a better Uni, Middle class rather than working, has his own car, has a load of money from his parents, is athletic etc etc...).

Bleh rant over I guess, flame away if you must.
    here's the thing: if she's going to cheat then no amount of worrying will change it. If she's not going to cheat then you openly doubting her could cause problems with the two of you. so as much as you can, forget about it and try to have a little faith.
    People break up for a reason, her and her ex weren't right for each other. there's also a reason she's with you, you may not think you're good enough for her but she obviously feels you are.
    He may be all those things but that doesn't make him 'better' at all, just different. what makes the best partner is someone you love and who loves you in return, a car or a university education won't change that.

I'm sorry that you got cheated on in your other relationships, the same happened to me (2 relationships about 2 and a half years long) and I find it hard to trust people as well.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I seriously wish I'd stop getting weird urges.

ReputationRep:
    Back into the sad phase, where you can feel yourself sinking into the familiar isolating messed up world of your mind

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone today?

I am having my fourth therapy session today. Feels like I need it. Have been feeling pretty awesome but now I have to get back to the work output I used to do - I KNOW I can do it, but I hesistate sometimes because I lost a lot of confidence in myself. Wish me luck guys!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.