Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    At least you had the ability to talk to someone about it.

I haven't and I constantly keep telling myself there is nothing wrong with me and try to keep busy in order to forget my worries. Tried to tell my mum during new years and she just told me that there is nothing wrong with me.

Most people are bad at recognising that other people are unhappy especially when they are unhappy themselves
    It did take me 2 years for my other problem, I kinda learned form that that you just have to suck it up and just tell people, otherwise nothing changes.

My mother says that too, from the sounds of it, all mothers think that. :rolleyes:

Most of them aren't unhappy, but distracted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    Beer, isn't it a bit early? :p: teehee
    Urgh, I had another **** day - that's a week of bad days, ever since bunac rejected me . I don't know what to do with my summer know and the not knowing is driving me crazy!

ReputationRep:
    It's good that you sorted yourself out before college. But for now, I've found being honest with teachers/lecturers the best thing to do. Tell them you're struggling. I know its not the easiest thing to do, so I emailed my lecturers rather than face to face. For me, they've been very positive and eager to help me in anyway they can. Maybe if you talk to your teacher she'll mark it now. If you are worried that these negative thoughts will make you relapse, maybe its worth seeing a counsellor again so that you don't fall back into old habits and get some help before that could happen.
    :hugs: Thanks for the encouragement.
    I told her that, I handed the work in, at 3:45 instead of 2:30 so she said it doesn't matter as the actual deadline was at 4. But she didn't want the class to know that in case she can't get it off at 4 etc.
    I didn't ask for a extension for this week coursework because I am not usually the one that ask for extensions, and therefore I would feel like I'm cheating in a sense of way. I'm usually the one who tries and get it done no matter what. I feel slightly better now she told me it's okay, and she is gonna mark it but I still feel really uncomfortabble with school at the moment though =/

Slowly getting worse...slowly giving up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Slowly getting worse...slowly giving up
    Want to talk about it?

I can't believe how crap my thinking is now. I can't add 45minutes to 11.18 without a calculator, nor divide prices when I go to the supermarket. This is just ridiculous I feel so thick. How the hell am I going to do exams like this? Saw a psychiatrist today and I'm going to be on this poison for the next few weeks at least. I knew they wouldn't help. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    Urgh, I had another **** day - that's a week of bad days, ever since bunac rejected me . I don't know what to do with my summer know and the not knowing is driving me crazy!

Bunac for camp? Camp America rejected me, or at least, I didn't get chosen. Why not go travelling instead?

ReputationRep:
    Feeling really down today. Can't keep these stupid negative thoughts out of my head

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Want to talk about it?

I can't believe how crap my thinking is now. I can't add 45minutes to 11.18 without a calculator, nor divide prices when I go to the supermarket. This is just ridiculous I feel so thick. How the hell am I going to do exams like this? Saw a psychiatrist today and I'm going to be on this poison for the next few weeks at least. I knew they wouldn't help. :mad:
    I really don't know what to say, apart from I'm scared that I am worse than ever, in the space if a few days :unsure: and nothing seems to help.

Whats this 'poison' they've put you on?

ReputationRep:
    Experiment of the week: see how long I can go without making any form of contact with my housemates. They seem to make me feel worse more than they make me feel better, so I've decided just to start avoiding them again.

Haven't posted on here in a while, how is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I really don't know what to say, apart from I'm scared that I am worse than ever, in the space if a few days :unsure: and nothing seems to help.

Whats this 'poison' they've put you on?
    Do you know why things are getting worse?

quetiapine, I hate it. Wish I'd never gone to the gp about depression and never agreed to take their stupid pills. argh.

Do you know why things are getting worse?

quetiapine, I hate it. Wish I'd never gone to the gp about depression and never agreed to take their stupid pills. argh.
    Oh christ. I know how serious quetiapine is to take (I work in a pharmacy)

I know stress is my trigger, but I'm not under any immense stress at the moment. My moods just dropped and my anxieties returned with a vengence.

Worked out going to the gym helps, coupled with chocolate after.

ReputationRep:
    I feel terrible today :cry: I think i'm on a downward spiral. Stupid life...I wish the pain and mental torture would just end. I'm feeling so lonely and have that feeling when you think no one loves you - not my parents, no one from my school or uni, no one. When I listen to and read about people having friends I just think one thing: "why couldn't I have had a friend". I have never had a friend in primary, high school or in uni and it totally sucks. I have never had anyone to go out with socially, i've never been invited to a party because i don't know anyone. I've never even had a gf or gotten laid *sighs*. If anyone else feels in a similar boat pm me - i'm feeling crap.

Where's malsy and rachel oranges these days?

ReputationRep:
    I feel terrible today :cry: I think i'm on a downward spiral. Stupid life...I wish the pain and mental torture would just end. I'm feeling so lonely and have that feeling when you think no one loves you - not my parents, no one from my school or uni, no one. When I listen to and read about people having friends I just think one thing: "why couldn't I have had a friend". I have never had a friend in primary, high school or in uni and it totally sucks. I have never had anyone to go out with socially, i've never been invited to a party because i don't know anyone. I've never even had a gf or gotten laid *sighs*. If anyone else feels in a similar boat pm me - i'm feeling crap.

:console: Do you want to talk about it? Sorry I haven't been on for ages, been up to my eyeballs in work :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    :console: Do you want to talk about it? Sorry I haven't been on for ages, been up to my eyeballs in work :sadnod:
    Hi emzy, I've been hiding from people these last two weeks (hence my sparse messages here too). I'll come online to see if you're there

:jumphug:

Remember you're not alone. I am in the middle of a downward sprial atm as well, so I know exactly how you're feeling. If you wanna talk PM me/add my MSN by all means.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling really down today. Can't keep these stupid negative thoughts out of my head
    What have you been thinking? i've been thinking "i'm going to fail this year, will have to live with parents till they die, and i'll be a loner when and if i go traveling" .

This forum is the only solace i have. Real world people just wouldn't understand. I was thinking of trying counseling again but i don't want to be belittled like i was by my last counsellor. What are you sad about zebra?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Oh christ. I know how serious quetiapine is to take (I work in a pharmacy)

I know stress is my trigger, but I'm not under any immense stress at the moment. My moods just dropped and my anxieties returned with a vengence.

Worked out going to the gym helps, coupled with chocolate after.
    If them things help, then do them more. Would going for a walk help? It's kind of like exercise but I find it's a good way to clear your head. Are you seeing anyone you could tell them that you're starting to feel worse, maybe they would help.

ReputationRep:
    If them things help, then do them more. Would going for a walk help? It's kind of like exercise but I find it's a good way to clear your head. Are you seeing anyone you could tell them that you're starting to feel worse, maybe they would help.
    Hello Saber, long time no type (me to you). How have you been keeping? I've got acekard to work but i'm too depressed to play even that .

Sometimes it does so I pop to the shops or something like that.

I don't, been thinking about seeing a counsellor just to talk about things really. Not sure though :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Sometimes it does so I pop to the shops or something like that.

I don't, been thinking about seeing a counsellor just to talk about things really. Not sure though :erm:
    Don't let people's bad experiences with them put you off - they can work.

-

I wasn't going to post today... Had a **** day, too tired to go over it/whatever. Nothing really happened TBH, just stuff I can barely remember. Gotta love a crappy memory.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.