Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been using St John's Wort since August last year, but I don't really think they work to be honest, at least not for me. Could it maybe be the brand (I get them from Holland and Barrett)? Cos to be fair, I've been using a lot of different vitamins and supplements from H&B, and I'm not sure if they work really well. If anyone could recommend me something better, that would be cool thanks. I wouldn't mind too much splurging a bit of cash just to feel better and help with this depression. Otherwise I might go to my doctor for antidepressants, that's if they let me :unsure:.

Ah, at least days are getting sunnier now, hopefully that lightens us all up a bit . I have only one week (more like 4 days due to Good Friday) of school left, just need to finish my Media and English coursework by then though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I've been using St John's Wort since August last year, but I don't really think they work to be honest, at least not for me. Could it maybe be the brand (I get them from Holland and Barrett)? Cos to be fair, I've been using a lot of different vitamins and supplements from H&B, and I'm not sure if they work really well. If anyone could recommend me something better, that would be cool thanks. I wouldn't mind too much splurging a bit of cash just to feel better and help with this depression. Otherwise I might go to my doctor for antidepressants, that's if they let me :unsure:.

Ah, at least days are getting sunnier now, hopefully that lightens us all up a bit . I have only one week (more like 4 days due to Good Friday) of school left, just need to finish my Media and English coursework by then though .
    Hi Cherry *waves*. I don't know why but I love your TSR name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    Hi Cherry *waves*. I don't know why but I love your TSR name
    Hiya there, thanks . I personally think it's a little too long, lol, but it's all good.

ReputationRep:

I am so overwhelmed by sadness. I feel empty and numb and I can't take this anymore. I was listening to 'Don't Let Me Get Me' by Pink and one part of the lyrics summed my life up perfectly:

'Doctor, doctor, won't you please prescribe me something?A day in the life of someone else.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner1991)

I am so overwhelmed by sadness. I feel empty and numb and I can't take this anymore. I was listening to 'Don't Let Me Get Me' by Pink and one part of the lyrics summed my life up perfectly:

'Doctor, doctor, won't you please prescribe me something?A day in the life of someone else.'
    :hugs: Are you seeing anyone about it?

-

I guess my streak of 'okay' days has run out. I'm feeling so apathetic right now it's ridiculous. I have until Wednesday to do my coursework, get 1/2/3 drafts of another done and... I just don't seem to give a damn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner1991)

You're not alone in this society :console: Take consolation in that. We're all one big unhappy family :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I hate the fact that I don't see this one guy for ages and then I see him tonight - he is, ofc, wasted - and he brings me right back down.

The sodding cut on my arm won't stop bleeding :cry: I hate that I can't control myself!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how's it going round here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Not good I lost out on a flat I really wanted because no one in my family would be a guarantor for me, so it seems I now have to go into a hostel :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I'm contemplating.

Trying to figure out how to help my friend again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Not good I lost out on a flat I really wanted because no one in my family would be a guarantor for me, so it seems I now have to go into a hostel :cry:
    :hugs: that sucks. Are there no other options you could take? I don't know what your situation is but perhaps rent a room in a flat with someone else until you find another flat or stay with a friend, something like that?

ReputationRep:
    After a few days of feeling okay (apart from having weird panic attacks when I go somewhere that isn't 'everyday'), I'm back to feeling beyond apathetic and low. I'm seeing my doctor on Wednesday, who seemed to think that I might be depressed last time I saw him (I see my GP every 2 weeks ATM, fun). But the assessment people think that it may 'just be because I'm 18' etc. I didn't know when they said that, but now I think they're totally wrong. But hey, like I'm going to open up to them and be honest with them about what's going on.

So fed up.

ReputationRep:
    I simply can't get myself to study - i don't know what's wrong with me! . *sighs*I spent all day on travel websites. At least i've got a Australian visa now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    That sucks Nothos. I want a credit card and my mum wont do it. She told me to ask my dad but i'm not on talking terms with him. . I hate my parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    After a few days of feeling okay (apart from having weird panic attacks when I go somewhere that isn't 'everyday'), I'm back to feeling beyond apathetic and low. I'm seeing my doctor on Wednesday, who seemed to think that I might be depressed last time I saw him (I see my GP every 2 weeks ATM, fun). But the assessment people think that it may 'just be because I'm 18' etc. I didn't know when they said that, but now I think they're totally wrong. But hey, like I'm going to open up to them and be honest with them about what's going on.

So fed up.
    How long you been feeling like this? First time I saw a doctor I was a couple of months off 19 and she told me it was "teenage hormones". What total crap. :rolleyes: Anyway, point is get another opinion because from what you've wrote on here doesn't seem like regular teenage stuff to me (then again I'm not a doctor :p: ) and doctors can be wrong. You do need to be honest with them though, if you play stuff down or leave stuff out then yeah they probably can't help as much.

ReputationRep:
    How long you been feeling like this? First time I saw a doctor I was a couple of months off 19 and she told me it was "teenage hormones". What total crap. :rolleyes: Anyway, point is get another opinion because from what you've wrote on here doesn't seem like regular teenage stuff to me (then again I'm not a doctor :p: ) and doctors can be wrong. You do need to be honest with them though, if you play stuff down or leave stuff out then yeah they probably can't help as much.
    Hmm. Well I think that my GP thinks that something's up. I'm probably more open with him because he's been my GP since I was 3. But the assessment guy let me walk out last time after deciding to do nothing (it was up to me), but I regretted it and got someone from my school to phone up and now have an appointment. They still think it's just because of my age though. For once I think that there is something wrong with me, so...

I was really hoping that he was right, that it was just hormones/stress/whatever and that it would go away but I feel just as low as I did when I went to see the doctor, only certain urges are stronger now.

I first started feeling like this in about July, when I was on the Pill (a noted side effect), I came off it and was fine until about Sep-Oct, when teachers starting thinking something was up and then this February everything nose-dived. January was pretty tough in terms of mental health, but that was my ED.

I know I need to be honest, but my mind says one thing and something else comes out of my mouth.

EDIT: wow, sorry for the essay.

ReputationRep:
    I really need to do/should be doing my coursework, the final deadline's in 3 days and I can't get an extension on that. :cry: I'll regret not caring now later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Hmm. Well I think that my GP thinks that something's up. I'm probably more open with him because he's been my GP since I was 3. But the assessment guy let me walk out last time after deciding to do nothing (it was up to me), but I regretted it and got someone from my school to phone up and now have an appointment. They still think it's just because of my age though. For once I think that there is something wrong with me, so...

I was really hoping that he was right, that it was just hormones/stress/whatever and that it would go away but I feel just as low as I did when I went to see the doctor, only certain urges are stronger now.

I first started feeling like this in about July, when I was on the Pill (a noted side effect), I came off it and was fine until about Sep-Oct, when teachers starting thinking something was up and then this February everything nose-dived. January was pretty tough in terms of mental health, but that was my ED.

I know I need to be honest, but my mind says one thing and something else comes out of my mouth.

EDIT: wow, sorry for the essay.
    Well if you've got another appointment with these assessment people then try to be more open with them this time, I know it's pretty hard to be open with people you don't know about stuff like this but if you're not they're limited in how they can help you. If your GP thinks there's something wrong surely he'd tell his thoughts to these assessment people?

Regarding the thinking one thing, saying another, could you write down everything so when you go to these assessment people you have a list of everything and it would probably be a lot easier for you to tell them than just trying to remember stuff. Just an idea.

I kind of know what you mean about just wishing it was hormones/stress - they go away on their own, depression often doesn't.

ergh coursework, good luck with that. Have some myself to do.

ReputationRep:
    :cry: Found my blog from when I was 14. I can certainly tell why I'm the way I am now... I was exactly the same back then. Pathetic, worthless, stupid, naive.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone sometimes feel like they're making everything up? Like I dunno as an excuse for laziness. I can't get this idea out my head recently, it's why none of the anti-depressants I've taken have worked at all, because I'm not depressed I'm just a lazy loser looking for something to blame all my problems on. My inability to concentrate at uni is simply my brain looking for an excuse to not do the work.

I first got this idea from the mental health woman at university, I was talking to her and she said perhaps the reason I can't do the work is because subconsciously I don't want to. I was bullied so much when I was a kid, a lot of it due to me being really good in school, so she was saying perhaps subconsciously I don't want to do well so that I don't get bullied again and I don't stand out. I thought it was total bull**** when she said it but now the thoughts won't go away. If I am making this all up what's it going to take to get out of it? I'm about to fail my uni exams, then I'll have no where to live, no job, nothing, where will my subconscious stop?

argh ****, wrote loads of rubbish. Sorry.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.