Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can't put into words how awful I feel right now. Just sitting crying I hate this.

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Yeah, sometimes I feel I'd be better off completely on my own, especially considering that this current breakdown was partly started by someone I thought understood.

I don't know, I haven't moved since I last posted, I'm too scared to just get my paper, I don't know why. I guess I feel that if I stay still, so will all my thoughts and feelings :erm: I have no idea what to write for it either, I have thoughts and plans for it and then later I'll think that they're rubbish and too basic for A2 level...
    I'm assuming you've moved now though coz your offline :p:

Its really difficult to know what to do during a breakdown coz your reactions to something are so random, they don't even stay the same in the same situation so I've found :erm:

Hope you manage to get some work done though
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Yeah I'm just thankful for the good days really but its just horrible going to bed and not knowing what mood you will be in the next day, also sleep patterns seem to alternate between sleepless nights and days where I could just sleep all day ( like today...its quite a nice feeling actually, just lying there watching telly ignoring the outside world )

Yeah my anxiety has been a bit troublesom this week sepcially with the exams. My first one was awful! I had a panic attack and I couldn't get myself calm until half an hour had passed...inevitably I ran out of time so only completed two quaters of the paper which I hate myself for but what can you do?
    The last two exams were better, as long as I pass then I'll be more than happy, I've just found it hard to revise when I'm so run down and low but I can't use it as an excuse really because I'm paying good money to be here and I don't want to have to repeat the year or do resits.
    I'm off to catch up on Doctor Who now and do some more lying in bed .
    Oh dear :erm: sorry to hear that :hugs: but my fingers are crossed that you've passed! Probably a little too late but if you ever get stuck on any pharmacy practise then feel free to ask. Been working as a dispensary assistant for a few years so know quite a bit in the practise section.

It is hard to revise when your run down. I really struggled through janurary. Resylts came out ok but it I was missing college a lot, not sleeping then sleeping during the day, suffering loads of panic attacks etc so I felt like I wasn't gonna pass!

I can't wait for the summer, lie-ins and not having to see the outside world, or if I am better going out in it and enjoying it!

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    can't put into words how awful I feel right now. Just sitting crying I hate this.
    :jumphug: if you try it might make you feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I'm assuming you've moved now though coz your offline :p:

Its really difficult to know what to do during a breakdown coz your reactions to something are so random, they don't even stay the same in the same situation so I've found :erm:

Hope you manage to get some work done though
    Yeah, I went to get some dinner haha.

I'm feeling okay but really odd right now. Gonna try and continue with my work...

Yeah, I went to get some dinner haha.

I'm feeling okay but really odd right now. Gonna try and continue with my work...
    Aww good, at least you're eating :grin:
    Now'd be a good time to try and focus to take your mind off of it. Thats what I find when I'm ok but feeling odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Aww good, at least you're eating :grin:
    Now'd be a good time to try and focus to take your mind off of it. Thats what I find when I'm ok but feeling odd.
    Yeah, but my appetite is ridiculous at the moment - to the extent that even chocolate isn't appetising to me and I just don't see the point. Oh well, crumble and custard soon! (My parents are having a dinner party, hence the half-decent food and late eating!)

I feel very... I don't know apart form odd, but concentration is hard.

Yeah, but my appetite is ridiculous at the moment - to the extent that even chocolate isn't appetising to me and I just don't see the point. Oh well, crumble and custard soon! (My parents are having a dinner party, hence the half-decent food and late eating!)

I feel very... I don't know apart form odd, but concentration is hard.
    Its ok, I'm sure it'll come back sooner or later. Crumble and custard soounds amazing though :coma:

If you try, then at least you've done something rather than not trying at all , provided you don;t let it get to you, if your anything like me thats rather difficult I know :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Its ok, I'm sure it'll come back sooner or later. Crumble and custard soounds amazing though :coma:

If you try, then at least you've done something rather than not trying at all , provided you don;t let it get to you, if your anything like me thats rather difficult I know :p:
    It was okay (as I said, I'm not even seeing the point in eating at the moment, but I know if I lose weight it'll trigger my ED).

I'm trying, but I'm always really tired and apathetic. And still incredibly pissed off at people.

It was okay (as I said, I'm not even seeing the point in eating at the moment, but I know if I lose weight it'll trigger my ED).

I'm trying, but I'm always really tired and apathetic. And still incredibly pissed off at people.
    Thats fair enough

And I'm guessing those who were insensitive towards your feelings? :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Thats fair enough

And I'm guessing those who were insensitive towards your feelings? :console:
    Yeah.

I've given up now, I'm going to go to sleep. Screw exams, screw everything. I'm tired, I want sleep.

Yeah.

I've given up now, I'm going to go to sleep. Screw exams, screw everything. I'm tired, I want sleep.
    Go to sleep

Sleep well, night :hugs:

x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Go to sleep

Sleep well, night :hugs:

x x x
    Thanks, and you!

Thanks, and you!
    Thanks

I have half an hour in me so I'll do that then go sleep

ReputationRep:
    Well it's night time again and my daily BAWWW to everyone I speak to on msn

I spend every day seeking comfort in their attempts to boost my self esteem and I never take on any of their advice. I just go through a loop constantly

I don't wanna say 'I'll end everything' because that's not what I'm aiming for. It's more the fact that if I was to be taken now, It'd be easier for people. They don't have to put up with my whining and I'm only gonna go through the same **** every day anyway. And everyday, at the same time it's both harder to deal with and more comforting to fall into I normally ignore these feelings if I go college because I don't look at myself in the mirror as much..but now I'm off for two weeks at Easter I genuinely fear for my mental health. I even managed to convince my parents to not take me on holiday so I didn't have to go anywhere Genuine FML

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SharpDressedMan)
    Well it's night time again and my daily BAWWW to everyone I speak to on msn

I spend every day seeking comfort in their attempts to boost my self esteem and I never take on any of their advice. I just go through a loop constantly

I don't wanna say 'I'll end everything' because that's not what I'm aiming for. It's more the fact that if I was to be taken now, It'd be easier for people. They don't have to put up with my whining and I'm only gonna go through the same **** every day anyway. And everyday, at the same time it's both harder to deal with and more comforting to fall into I normally ignore these feelings if I go college because I don't look at myself in the mirror as much..but now I'm off for two weeks at Easter I genuinely fear for my mental health. I even managed to convince my parents to not take me on holiday so I didn't have to go anywhere Genuine FML
    :hugs:

You have friends and family who love you and it would cause them so much damage if you tried to end it - you won't be making life easier for them, but harder. This will get better - there is a positive end and you and they can continue with their lives happily, but not if you kill yourself.

Are you seeing anyone about it ATM?

---

The friend has removed the comments from their blog... Doesn't stop the fact that I saw it and know what they're thinking.

Also, this loss of appetite is ridiculous - chocolate is making me feel ill... So much for chocolate being a cure-all then...

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

You have friends and family who love you and it would cause them so much damage if you tried to end it - you won't be making life easier for them, but harder. This will get better - there is a positive end and you and they can continue with their lives happily, but not if you kill yourself.

Are you seeing anyone about it ATM?
    I know I didn't quite mean 'kill myself'..was always hoping to just wither away or something..I feel a little better now it's daytime..but come evening I'll be the same again.

And no I'm not seeing anyone about it yet The doctors are ages away from me, I can't drive and I don't want to worry my parents by telling them I need to go to the doctors, then not telling them what it's for..I had a severe bout of depression in year 10 and they genuinely think I'm over it now..so I don't want to cause them any more grief Might have to just brave it and walk the whole way there one day.

ReputationRep:
    I know I didn't quite mean 'kill myself'..was always hoping to just wither away or something..I feel a little better now it's daytime..but come evening I'll be the same again.

And no I'm not seeing anyone about it yet The doctors are ages away from me, I can't drive and I don't want to worry my parents by telling them I need to go to the doctors, then not telling them what it's for..I had a severe bout of depression in year 10 and they genuinely think I'm over it now..so I don't want to cause them any more grief Might have to just brave it and walk the whole way there one day.
    That's how I feel a lot of the time, but just remember that there are people who love you and care for you and who would be destroyed if you 'just withered away', because they care about you and will be willing to do all that it takes to help you to feel better again.

Well, if you don't want to come up with an excuse like an ingrown toenail or migraines, then just try to tell them, which would be the best idea anyway. If they know that you've had depression in the past, then it won't be them finding out for the first time all over again, they'll just want to help and support you and part of that would be taking you to see your GP.

ReputationRep:
    That's how I feel a lot of the time, but just remember that there are people who love you and care for you and who would be destroyed if you 'just withered away', because they care about you and will be willing to do all that it takes to help you to feel better again.

Well, if you don't want to come up with an excuse like an ingrown toenail or migraines, then just try to tell them, which would be the best idea anyway. If they know that you've had depression in the past, then it won't be them finding out for the first time all over again, they'll just want to help and support you and part of that would be taking you to see your GP.
    Ok I've made some effort and I'm going to my friend's house party tomorow..but now I'm scared :eek3: What do I do? Will I know anyone? How do I act/dress:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

GURGHGH :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ok I've made some effort and I'm going to my friend's house party tomorow..but now I'm scared :eek3: What do I do? Will I know anyone? How do I act/dress:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

GURGHGH :p:
    Just act and dress as you normally would. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Just act and dress as you normally would. :yep:
    Thankyou :yep: You've been helpful to me Rep'd

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.