Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i hate myself@:
    :console: I also feel like that too much these days. But you must have some good qualities in you, I'm sure? Like your talents, the fact that you have things that other people in the world don't have, like a computer, food, clean clothes, etc. I dunno if I am helping, but :hugs: for you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually at such a moot point this evening I don't feel happy but I don't feel sad...I just feel...'there' is this good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: I can't remember, but are you seeing anyone about this? Just try to make food as normal as you can, don't try to associate it with anything, just think of it as fuel for now - without it neither your mind nor your body will work, and you'll feel worse emotionally and physically unless you eat. Then maybe wait until next year? Or go on a long weekend?

I'm applying for student finance at the moment... :nothing: Yeah, I'm not in the middle of a breakdown, but I'd quite like to have a few words with whoever designed the questions. :dry:
    Well I'm still on the waiting list for therapy so I will bring this up when I eventually get an appointment. I'm just about managing to have three meals but I always feel rubbish after eating. I've managed to have dinner which I'm happy about.You are right about thinking of food as fuel. I will try and do that, just hope I don't freak out at the resturant on the weekend again . Mum and sister keep teasing me about how thin I'm looking, its kinda freaking me out a bit but I know I'm at a healthy weight.

Ahh Student finance, one big headache that is. I was tempted to just give up with the whole uni thing, the amount of times I had to resend my passport etc. Such a long process but it will be worth it. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Well I'm still on the waiting list for therapy so I will bring this up when I eventually get an appointment. I'm just about managing to have three meals but I always feel rubbish after eating. I've managed to have dinner which I'm happy about.You are right about thinking of food as fuel. I will try and do that, just hope I don't freak out at the resturant on the weekend again . Mum and sister keep teasing me about how thin I'm looking, its kinda freaking me out a bit but I know I'm at a healthy weight.

Ahh Student finance, one big headache that is. I was tempted to just give up with the whole uni thing, the amount of times I had to resend my passport etc. Such a long process but it will be worth it. Good luck
    :hugs:
    I'm not going to say you have 'this' or 'tha't, but it does sound like you have/are developing some sort of eating disorder. If you are, every meal you finish is a step towards being happy and you again. Just stay strong for a while and then everything slots back into place. :yep:

Thanks. Yes, it is a stupidly long process, especially given my parents won't tell me how much they earn, making it longer just trying to get that out of them!

ReputationRep:
    Finished my first assignment!!! That feels so good. 2,500 words down, 12,250 to go! Well that good feeling didn't last long.. so much still yet to do. Not tonight though, time to relax now I think.

What's everyone else doing tonight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    Finished my first assignment!!! That feels so good. 2,500 words down, 12,250 to go! Well that good feeling didn't last long.. so much still yet to do. Not tonight though, time to relax now I think.

Well done! That's over 20% of the way there!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done! That's over 20% of the way there!!!
    Ooh that sounds quite a lot Having done lots of work has made me feel a lot better in myself, however hard it was to get started.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh that sounds quite a lot Having done lots of work has made me feel a lot better in myself, however hard it was to get started.
    Exactly. And you're 1/5 of the way through now - if you just do the same amount of work every day for the next 5 days, you'll be done.

ReputationRep:

Nicely done, congrats :yy:

Have just over 2 weeks of break from uni left and I still haven't done any work

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:
    I'm not going to say you have 'this' or 'tha't, but it does sound like you have/are developing some sort of eating disorder. If you are, every meal you finish is a step towards being happy and you again. Just stay strong for a while and then everything slots back into place. :yep:

Thanks. Yes, it is a stupidly long process, especially given my parents won't tell me how much they earn, making it longer just trying to get that out of them!
    Yeah, it scares me...I just hate the comments from my parents, I'm happy with the size that I am, I don't think that there is anything wrong with it and my B.M.I is still above 18. All this just makes me more anxious making me think that I'm not looking after myself and then the anxiety makes me loose my appetite...I'm only loosing weight because I walk a lot at Uni ( due to not having a car)...I just don't want to become a self fulfilling prophecy...

Once you get the student finance out of the way it will be a big relief, just let your parents know that the earlier you do it the less hassel you will get from the finance people so its better to fill it out now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Yeah, it scares me...I just hate the comments from my parents, I'm happy with the size that I am, I don't think that there is anything wrong with it and my B.M.I is still above 18. All this just makes me more anxious making me think that I'm not looking after myself and then the anxiety makes me loose my appetite...I'm only loosing weight because I walk a lot at Uni ( due to not having a car)...I just don't want to become a self fulfilling prophecy...

Once you get the student finance out of the way it will be a big relief, just let your parents know that the earlier you do it the less hassel you will get from the finance people so its better to fill it out now.
    It doesn't matter what your weight is, it's what's going on your head. Just keep trying to eat, it'll pay off and you'll feel much better emotionally.

I may just apply for non-means tested... Or I could go have the lovely conversation with my Dad about his income now :awesome: EDIT: yeah, that dind't go very well...

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, why do I feel so tired all of the time? I could literally spend all day in bed asleep at the moment. Yesterday, that would have seemed ideal, today I'm just fed up of being tired.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, maybe I'm not feeling better than yesterday - just saw a thread with the word 'overdose' and didn't react normally... Oh well, I'm being forced to talk in another assessment tomorrow. Yippee.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to go to the assessment thing today. I don't want to do anything but sleep. I'd have to change into clothes that aren't as comfortable as what has now become my 'uniform', my hair's greasy and I'm tired... I know it's gross, but I'm getting really crap at this 'looking after myself' thing. :erm:

Plus, I didn't get to sleep until 6am last night... I thought that sort of thing was down to the antidepressants, but clearly it's me Urgh, I really don't want to do anything. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Great, I'm having another mini-breakdown, about an hour before the stupid assessment thing... I don't want to be crying in it... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Great, I'm having another mini-breakdown, about an hour before the stupid assessment thing... I don't want to be crying in it... :erm:
    :console: Calm down, I'm sure you'll be fine. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Picture them in their underwear :yep:

But you'll be fine Best thing I can suggest is volunteer to go first. The worst feeling is sitting through other people's and thinking 'uh-oh..why didn't i do that :eek3:'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :console: Calm down, I'm sure you'll be fine. :hugs:
    I just hate talking about my thoughts and feeling with people I don't know - I take ages to build up enough trust... I really don't want to go.

(Original post by SharpDressedMan)
    Picture them in their underwear :yep:

But you'll be fine Best thing I can suggest is volunteer to go first. The worst feeling is sitting through other people's and thinking 'uh-oh..why didn't i do that :eek3:'
    It's a mental health assessment, so just me and the person doing it. I hate them, this is my third one.

ReputationRep:
    It went okay... They still don't know whether or not I have depression, but I've been referred somewhere so I don't care. Now to stare at my revision stuff/a plate of food for a few hours before sleeping. Oh, what a life I lead. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Grrr, some of the TSR members really drive me up the wall sometimes :mad:. I know it's only the internet, but seriously, I've never been on a forum with so much negativity as well as positivity, and my depression might be making me extra sensitive to it :mad2:. Ah well, what can I do but ignore it? It's funny how in this thread society, when you moan and whine about something, you get hugs and reassuring advice, whereas if you do it almost anywhere else on this site, you just get negged and asked to "shut the **** up" :rolleyes:. And then in H&R it's just a mix of those good and bad responses. But there are plenty of nice members who have been cool to me anyway, including people in here, so that's OK, thank you guys.

Argh, I'm feeling really down and crap again. Trying to add another 1000 words to this 3000 word English essay of mine, but my brain is aching just to add to it. I might just go sleep, I don't think I can do this right now :sad:.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.