Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Don't want to leave the house today but I have to go out this evening to meet up with friends....I'm just not in the mood......

Had a massive arguement with the bf last night so I feel like **** today. He thinks I'm ok and happy when I'm dying inside :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Good morning everyone <-i can't decide which one of those i am today :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I went for a walk this morning and feel great today

I recommend it to everyone :yep: but only if you have somewhere to go..walking aimlessly I don't seem to get a kick out of..seems a bit pointless

ReputationRep:
    Great, now the person I'm seeing about whatever the hell's wrong with my head thinks I have anger management issues... I probably did pick up the phone in a hostile manner, but don't remember display any signs of anger last time, extreme tiredness yes, but not anger :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SharpDressedMan)
    I got upset when I caught my reflection just now But y'know..I've managed to learn that appearance isn't the be all and end all..and that people don't really bother with other's appearance :yep:

Chin up and focus on your good qualities :yes:

I've felt lonely this eve to be honest..wondering if any special might roll into my life :o: I've found solace in a grilled cheese sandwich :coma:
    Well I don't care what others think about my appearance much anyway TBH, but with trying to recover from an eating disorder, it's tough not to be affected by my weight/body image etc.

I don't think I have any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Had a massive arguement with the bf last night so I feel like **** today. He thinks I'm ok and happy when I'm dying inside :cry2:
    :hugs: Maybe you should talk to him about how you're feeling?

(Original post by RachelOranges)
    Don't want to leave the house today but I have to go out this evening to meet up with friends....I'm just not in the mood......
    I know how you feel :hugs: I have a dr's appointment today and I don't want to go, I want to crawl in to bed and just sleep all day.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I can take this anymore :cry: I hate feeling like this, but it seems to be all I ever feel now.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as this place is generally troll free..can anyone give any dummy tips on getting a girlfriend? Most of my problems stem from not having one..as it's the root of my questioning myself..subsequently leading to depression and a shit night

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as this place is generally troll free..can anyone give any dummy tips on getting a girlfriend? Most of my problems stem from not having one..as it's the root of my questioning myself..subsequently leading to depression and a shit night
    Stop looking for one and just wait. And IMO relationships tend to be overrated, but what do I know, I plan on being a crazy cat lady :shakecane:

Seriously though, don't look for one. It's odd but for both me and most of my friends, it only ever seems to happen when we're not looking for one. Just be yourself and friendly towards a girl, if you like her for God's sake just tell her/ask her out, girls find it just as hard as guys to know if he/she likes them back. Worst that can happen is she says no, but at least you tried - you did it and you survived. Best that can happen, she says yes.

However, I am pretty much against relationships right now, so I'm probably not the best person to try and give advice about it haha.

Also, you need to learn to be happy by yourself, having a girlfriend isn't going to make all your problems go away, they'll still be there and they won't change. Are you getting any form of treatment ATM?

ReputationRep:
    My Dad leaves on the 26th. I haven't worked out how to tell the college yet. I dunno whether to go in on the 27th (I won't be in on the 26th for love nor money). :cry:

As predicted, the closer it gets to him leaving, the *****ier I get to my parents, and the more I cry when they're out of the room because I've just shouted at them.

ReputationRep:
    Long time no see guys, sorry, I've been without internet for a while.

How is everyone? :hugs: to all.

As for me? Pretty meh actually :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you actually suffer from physical symptoms from depression? I've read a lot of your posts and you seem to be depressed, maybe upset about your appearance or you have lost to the drive to do something.

but I've been giving an anti depressant, which is always used to treat anxiety, but the thing is I suffer from medically unexplained symptoms which the doctors be to be psychological, sometimes I feel depressed as mainly due to being a very lonely person (but I'm not suffering from depression - if that makes sense), but I've kind of gotten used to it, does anyone else actually suffer from painful sensations or is it just emotional.

thanks lunar.

ReputationRep:
    :console: Sorry I don't have much advice, but I thought I'd let you know that I can relate, since being single for so long, and seeing all these happy couples around has got me a bit depressed as well. Which it shouldn't though, since it's important to make sure you're happy with yourself before you can love someone else. Well, that's what I hear all the time, and I suppose there must be some truth in it. I mean, even when I was with my first boyfriend a couple of years ago, I was happy and I really loved him, but I was still a bit depressed inside, so really the relationship wasn't 'curing' my depression like I hoped it would, and we eventually split anyway. But yeah, different things happen for different people at different times of their lives, so when the right time comes, it'll come. I would follow what Steffi.alexa said as well, she gives good advice. I hope you're doing good though, don't give up. :hugs: to everyone.

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: Maybe you should talk to him about how you're feeling?
    I want to wait until I actually see him, which will be tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I want to wait until I actually see him, which will be tomorrow.
    :hugs: How're you feeling?

:hugs: How're you feeling?
    Ok now, work cheered me up

How's you today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Ok now, work cheered me up

How's you today?
    Work cheered you up? I guess that you're definitely meant to study pharmacy stuff then!

I don't know haha, revision thread getting me down a little.

Work cheered you up? I guess that you're definitely meant to study pharmacy stuff then!

I don't know haha, revision thread getting me down a little.
    :hugs: don't go there for a while, and just get on with some work for a bit if you can, or do a little bit, then treat yourself for every little thing you do

I'm not gonna post there tonight until I've done as much as I can. I'm leechblocking TSR and FB for an hour as well so I can get some done

Do you use firefox?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. How is everyone?

I've been up and down but mostly improving, recently, which is good. Still got the sensitivity and shaky self-esteem that threatens to set me off whenever things get tougher, though - it worries me that I can't fix this. Does anyone ever feel like they have a skin missing? Like you're so thin-skinned or vulnerable that people's comments or depressing news, etc, can just shatter you and pierce through you to a ridiculous extent? I've been trying to build up my "emotional armour", but I'm not very good at it... :s

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.