Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just had to take 3 lorazepam in order to calm me down. I'm determined not to ruin this overnight leave thing.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Eight ******* weeks as an inpatient and only just been given overnight leave.

Never get sectioned people! It's the worst thing ever.
    Sorry to hear they kept you in so long

ReputationRep:
    So pissed off. What is the point in keeping in contact with people/remaining friends with people who let you down over and over again and don't actually give a crap/turning up to school or medical appointments? There is no ******* point, nothing ever changes.

ReputationRep:
    **** this. I'm quitting work, I can't handle that on top of self teaching all of this ******* work. I'm not going to my ******* GP/whatever appointments either - how the **** are the going to help? They won't they never ******* do, I don't want to hear their patronising **** or their ideas about why I feel the way I do - they only know the me that I've told them and I was ******* selective about what I told them.

I just can't be ******* bothered with life any more - what's the bloody point?

Oh and the point of friends/getting close to people: so they can ******* stab you in the ******* back and shove all the help, advice and the shoulder to cry on that you gave them so that they can attack you, call you a let down or a failure or whatever other **** they want. Well **** them, I don't need people like that anywhere near me. Thanks to all this ****, I can't even trust the one person I though I'd never lose faith in, due to no actions on their part. Everything is so ****** up and I just can't be ******* bothered with this **** any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    **** this. I'm quitting work, I can't handle that on top of self teaching all of this ******* work. I'm not going to my ******* GP/whatever appointments either - how the **** are the going to help? They won't they never ******* do, I don't want to hear their patronising **** or their ideas about why I feel the way I do - they only know the me that I've told them and I was ******* selective about what I told them.

Oh and the point of friends/getting close to people: so they can ******* stab you in the ******* back and shove all the help, advice and the shoulder to cry on that you gave them so that they can attack you, call you a let down or a failure or whatever other **** they want. Well **** them, I don't need people like that anywhere near me. Thanks to all this ****, I can't even trust the one person I though I'd never lose faith in, due to no actions on their part. Everything is so ****** up and I just can't be ******* bothered with this **** any more.
    :console: Sorry to hear that you that you haven't been having a very good time lately. I know very well how people can be total jerks, it's not easy to get away from them. Just try to keep your head up though, hopefully things will be great one day, and you'll get through this rough patch. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :console: Sorry to hear that you that you haven't been having a very good time lately. I know very well how people can be total jerks, it's not easy to get away from them. Just try to keep your head up though, hopefully things will be great one day, and you'll get through this rough patch. :hugs:
    Thanks. Deleting all statuses and comments on my Facebook and Twitter accounts helped a little too. I just don't see an end to this **** though.

How're you?

ReputationRep:

:hugs:

Why didn't you tell the doctor everything? I know it's hard to do and I know they can be incredibly patronizing but they should be able to help you better if they know everything. Don't give up hope of them helping you yet.

And yeah people are, on the whole, ********. It sounds like they've really hurt you for no reason but you are right, you don't need people like that who bring you down around you. Is there anyone else you can talk to?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Deleting all statuses and comments on my Facebook and Twitter accounts helped a little too. I just don't see an end to this **** though.

How're you?
    I'm OK thanks. Not particularly happy at the moment, but oh well, I just procrastinate on the internet. Damn, I'm so addicted to my computer I think it might be kinda unhealthy

Hey guys,

How is everyone?

I thought I'd share a blog with you guys since I think (well, hope) some of you will benefit from finding out more about the organisation, 'To Write Love On Her Arms' (TWLOHA). The website is great: http://www.twloha.com/

Watch the videos if you don't fancy reading everything, they are very informative.

Oh, and their Tumblr blog is: http://twloha.tumblr.com/

http://towriteloveonherarms.fancorps...1250275576.jpg

Love always,

Laus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs:

Why didn't you tell the doctor everything? I know it's hard to do and I know they can be incredibly patronizing but they should be able to help you better if they know everything. Don't give up hope of them helping you yet.

And yeah people are, on the whole, ********. It sounds like they've really hurt you for no reason but you are right, you don't need people like that who bring you down around you. Is there anyone else you can talk to?
    I just don't. After my whole eating disorder stuff I just... I don't let the deepest, most concerning stuff out and emphasise the other stuff I guess. I just don't see how adding to the list of possible mental health problems I have is going to help.

Apart from some things, I don't feel that I'm depressed right now. I'm not even sure that I was anoerxic TBH. What if I just imagined it all, I imagined that that what was what was going on and then it became that?

And yeah, people pretty much mostly suck. I'd rather a dog, they're loyal and can't call you names at one moment and smile at you the next :erm: I'm also so fed up of being told to 'live in the moment' or 'enjoy life', I know exactly what I want to do with my life, and it's sure as hell not 'enjoying' all this ****. Why do people not understand that I see no enjoyment in life, that I don't want to live in the moment and see no future, why do they keep going on about it?

I don't want to talk to anyone, I just want to sleep.

I'm OK thanks. Not particularly happy at the moment, but oh well, I just procrastinate on the internet. Damn, I'm so addicted to my computer I think it might be kinda unhealthy
    :hugs: I know how that feels - try downloading K9/DoNotDisturb/etc so that you can't use the internet/PC if you think it'll help. I used to pretty much live online, but recently I just don't see the point.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't. After my whole eating disorder stuff I just... I don't let the deepest, most concerning stuff out and emphasise the other stuff I guess. I just don't see how adding to the list of possible mental health problems I have is going to help.

Apart from some things, I don't feel that I'm depressed right now. I'm not even sure that I was anoerxic TBH. What if I just imagined it all, I imagined that that what was what was going on and then it became that?

And yeah, people pretty much mostly suck. I'd rather a dog, they're loyal and can't call you names at one moment and smile at you the next :erm:

I don't want to talk to anyone, I just want to sleep.

:hugs: I know how that feels - try downloading K9/DoNotDisturb/etc so that you can't use the internet/PC if you think it'll help. I used to pretty much live online, but recently I just don't see the point.
    Thanks for the recommendations, I will try those

ReputationRep:
    Guhh I hate how such things I shouldn't care about set me off so badly.

I saw this one girl I find super attractive THREE times today near me and didn't do anything about it :bawling:

Naturally I left college early to come home and cry I don't even have a serious problem with my life but I get set off so easy

Plus, these professionals don't seem to be helping me very much . I'm gonna try to call up the counselling service sometime (I'm still on that damn waiting list after, what, 3 months :mad:), I just need to check they haven't forgotten about me. I'm also thinking of asking my doctor for antidepressents. I'm just worried because I have looked at the side effects, and I don't need them to be troubling me whilst I have exams starting less than a month away.

I also really want to finish learning to drive and pass my tests already. So many people in my year group are driving now, and I expected to have done it ages ago now, but I need to deal with these stupid ass nerves and stop giving up and get my mind in it already. My goal is to do it all this year. Hopefully it happens :yep:
    Tip if you go on citalopram, worst side effect is nausea, which can be tackled by eating little and often :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Tip if you go on citalopram, worst side effect is nausea, which can be tackled by eating little and often :yep:
    Thanks for the tip, will keep that in mind . Is that what you use?

Thanks for the tip, will keep that in mind . Is that what you use?
    :yep: its make me a little better so far, but it wasn't just the meds though it was realising how to control the anxiety and the way of positive thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :yep: its make me a little better so far, but it wasn't just the meds though it was realising how to control the anxiety and the way of positive thinking.
    Ok, nice to hear that :yep:. These professionals are barely helping me at the moment, I guess I just need to be more stern with them to get myself sorted out.

Ok, nice to hear that :yep:. These professionals are barely helping me at the moment, I guess I just need to be more stern with them to get myself sorted out.
    Meh **** the professionals. I never used them. I think half of them drag it out to get paid more and to keep clients. Maybe being more stern will help :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Meh **** the professionals. I never used them. I think half of them drag it out to get paid more and to keep clients. Maybe being more stern will help :hugs:
    Thanks for the :hugs:. I'm supposed to be getting free counselling from this mental health service, but they haven't contacted me in over 2 months now . I've been trying to get by with a self help CBT book, along with reading guides on the net and talking here on TSR. Things are still a bit bad though, so I think I will try to get ADs from my doctor, then call the counselling service to check what's going on. I just feel a bit of a mess at the moment but really need to stick it out for my exams at least, I can't be failing again or that'll be the end of me

Thanks for the :hugs:. I'm supposed to be getting free counselling from this mental health service, but they haven't contacted me in over 2 months now . I've been trying to get by with a self help CBT book, along with reading guides on the net and talking here on TSR. Things are still a bit bad though, so I think I will try to get ADs from my doctor, then call the counselling service to check what's going on. I just feel a bit of a mess at the moment but really need to stick it out for my exams at least, I can't be failing again or that'll be the end of me
    My advice is to go to the doctors now to get some AD's if you think they'll help the symptoms to get you through the exams. Any type of AD (SSRI's etc) all take at least 2 weeks before they start working so the quicker you do it the more likely you are to see the reduction in symptoms so that you can get on with revision and get through the exams. In addition, have you tried www.moodgym.au.uk? It helped me learn my positivie thinking techniques :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    My advice is to go to the doctors now to get some AD's if you think they'll help the symptoms to get you through the exams. Any type of AD (SSRI's etc) all take at least 2 weeks before they start working so the quicker you do it the more likely you are to see the reduction in symptoms so that you can get on with revision and get through the exams. In addition, have you tried www.moodgym.au.uk? It helped me learn my positivie thinking techniques :yep:
    Thanks a lot for the advice, I'll book the appointment asap on Monday, hopefully that will go well. I will try mood gym also, thank you :yep:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.