Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Feel like ****.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on Metazapine, does anyone find it really ****s you up? I feel like a zombie. I'm so tired and I can't sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...trying so hard to stay positive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I'm on Metazapine, does anyone find it really ****s you up? I feel like a zombie. I'm so tired and I can't sleep.
    What dose are you on? on 15mg people usually find it makes them really really tired and sleep too much but this effect goes away with higher doses.

And yeah I felt/feel like a zombie on it. Thinking for university work is impossible.

(Original post by RachelOranges)
    Hmmm...trying so hard to stay positive...
    Want to talk about what's going on?

ReputationRep:
    He goes Saturday morning.

ReputationRep:
    :afraid: My Media coursework is crap. I felt too unmotivated and uninspired to do much on it, so it really isn't good, but I had to hand it in today. I can't believe myself :ashamed:. I might have a chance to redo it next year, but I just absolutely hate school now and really can't be bothered anymore. Seriously, if I can't even handle A Levels, how on earth could I cope with uni? I feel like just jetting off somewhere. Japan maybe? Or USA, or Iceland, just anywhere better than here. Nothing really makes me happy these days, I'm at a bit of a loss at what to do. I **** things up so much it's unbelievable. What will my future hold?

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I am in ultimate zombie mode. I've been so down and anxious that I've gotten to a point where life doesn't seem real anymore. Apparently it's my brain's way of protecting me, but I don't like it and it's scary as hell.

Not enjoying life one bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :cry:
    :hugs: What's up?

ReputationRep:
    I just feel so :mad2: at everything right now for no reason, then I get so mad I just cry uncontrollably. I have no motivation to do any coursework, I have about 8 months worth to fit into 3 weeks. No way it can get done. My depression and ed made me feel so rubbish for so long that i just lost all motivation for college and everything in general so its all my own fault for not getting it done. On the plus side i have an unconditional offer from a uni so my place is safe there, its just I am on the verge of being thrown out of college for my lack of attendance and work, and even if i make it through until the end of the course I'm going to end up with crap results. Half of me wonders why I dont just leave now and get a job for over the summer. But then it will be a waste of a two year course. Urghhh I dont know :sad:
    I just needed a rant really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalou098)
    I just feel so :mad2: at everything right now for no reason, then I get so mad I just cry uncontrollably. I have no motivation to do any coursework, I have about 8 months worth to fit into 3 weeks. No way it can get done. My depression and ed made me feel so rubbish for so long that i just lost all motivation for college and everything in general so its all my own fault for not getting it done. On the plus side i have an unconditional offer from a uni so my place is safe there, its just I am on the verge of being thrown out of college for my lack of attendance and work, and even if i make it through until the end of the course I'm going to end up with crap results. Half of me wonders why I dont just leave now and get a job for over the summer. But then it will be a waste of a two year course. Urghhh I dont know :sad:
    I just needed a rant really.
    Sorry you're feeling crap :hugs:
    As for the work, try and break it all down into little bits. Then make a list of those bits, don't worry if it's really long. Then you can work through them and tick them off as you go. You may even feel a bit better when you can see you're ticking more things off. This is how I managed to do my dissertation this week.. put it off for nearly two years because of lack of motivation. If you finish it, it'll be an achievement, and it will be good practise for when you get to uni. You may have an unconditional offer, but if you are still feeling like you do now when you get there, you need to try and find methods to help you get the work done. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    Sorry you're feeling crap :hugs:
    As for the work, try and break it all down into little bits. Then make a list of those bits, don't worry if it's really long. Then you can work through them and tick them off as you go. You may even feel a bit better when you can see you're ticking more things off. This is how I managed to do my dissertation this week.. put it off for nearly two years because of lack of motivation. If you finish it, it'll be an achievement, and it will be good practise for when you get to uni. You may have an unconditional offer, but if you are still feeling like you do now when you get there, you need to try and find methods to help you get the work done. Good luck
    And at least I can feel like i'm doing something whilst writing the list.
    Glad you got your dissertation done after such a long time! Longest procrastination ever perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    I've had just a few hours sleep since friday. Stuff is so bad during the days but at night everything gets a million times worse, can't sleep at all just really scared seeing **** on the walls, floor everywhere, I just lie there crying with loud music all night. I have an essay due tuesday which isn't going to happen, I can't think even following threads on tsr is really hard but I don't know what else to do if I'm not reading pointless random **** on here I'm thinking and thinking is definitely a bad thing right now.

ReputationRep:
    Ah man, my GP appointment isn't till next Wednesday! :sigh: Jeez Louise, why are they all full up all of a sudden? Everybody's ill or something? I just want my ADs now, I'm really not getting any better day by day :sad:. Oh well, partly my fault for leaving it so late. Anyone know of any good replacements in the meantime? Vitamins from Holland and Barrett's don't seem to work for me, so if anyone knows somewhere better to get them, do tell please, thank.

School just makes me sick these days, I'm just having to force myself to do these things. I don't enjoy it anymore though, any of my subjects, it's all too dreary. The only things I seem to 'enjoy' these days is sleeping and going on my laptop, which is terrible I know. I must stop being so lazy and just get on with important things though. I want finish learning to drive also, and I'm going to try and get that done also. Ah, my head is aching now, I should rest. :hugs: to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone.

just thought Id let u all know tht there is an end to depression after all.

Ive came off my anti-depressants about a month ago. i was worried tht id feel like **** again, but i dont, I feel GREAT!

I just forced myself to get up and go. I taught myself hw to be happy. I think every1 can do this. I just got so sik of hating life.

I have also learned to think positively which really helps.

if any1 wants any advice just ask. i can tell u all the different things i did to make myself better.
    good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Ah man, my GP appointment isn't till next Wednesday! :sigh: Jeez Louise, why are they all full up all of a sudden? Everybody's ill or something? I just want my ADs now, I'm really not getting any better day by day :sad:. Oh well, partly my fault for leaving it so late. Anyone know of any good replacements in the meantime? Vitamins from Holland and Barrett's don't seem to work for me, so if anyone knows somewhere better to get them, do tell please, thank.

School just makes me sick these days, I'm just having to force myself to do these things. I don't enjoy it anymore though, any of my subjects, it's all too dreary. The only things I seem to 'enjoy' these days is sleeping and going on my laptop, which is terrible I know. I must stop being so lazy and just get on with important things though. I want finish learning to drive also, and I'm going to try and get that done also. Ah, my head is aching now, I should rest. :hugs: to everyone.

Very much how I'm feeling. College isnt helping me get myself together, I hate it and i swear it hates me back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalou098)
    Very much how I'm feeling. College isnt helping me get myself together, I hate it and i swear it hates me back!
    :console: Yeah, and it's hard to tell if it's the depression doing this to me, or if I genuinely just hate school now. The thing is though, I've been wanting to go to uni, but I know failing school is not gonna help me, yet it still keeps happening :sad: I'm gonna try to push for help though. I hope you're doing OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyxx10)
    hi everyone.

just thought Id let u all know tht there is an end to depression after all.

Ive came off my anti-depressants about a month ago. i was worried tht id feel like **** again, but i dont, I feel GREAT!

I just forced myself to get up and go. I taught myself hw to be happy. I think every1 can do this. I just got so sik of hating life.

I have also learned to think positively which really helps.

if any1 wants any advice just ask. i can tell u all the different things i did to make myself better.
    good luck x
    Well done on getting better. Please do tell your secrets to happiness, I could use some :grin:.

ReputationRep:
    some advice please.

i'm on a section 2 at the moment and was given 2 hours leave today. i haven't returned to the hospital. they transferred me to a mixed sex ward last week even though they know my circumstances. can't really handle it anymore in there.

question: according to my friend, the police can't break entry to the house for 48 hours? is this true? also, seeing as i'm not seen as a risk to others i won't be top priority for the police right now.

so, i'm ok for now, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    some advice please.

i'm on a section 2 at the moment and was given 2 hours leave today. i haven't returned to the hospital. they transferred me to a mixed sex ward last week even though they know my circumstances. can't really handle it anymore in there.

question: according to my friend, the police can't break entry to the house for 48 hours? is this true? also, seeing as i'm not seen as a risk to others i won't be top priority for the police right now.

so, i'm ok for now, right?
    Hey i understand ur pain! i absolutely loathed being on the wards and often wanted to not return but if u wanna get out of there for good your best just doing what they say. they are unlikely to give you leave again if u dont go back too!
    hope everything turns out well x

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.