Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Pole dancing :coma:

I'd love to do that, builds up muscle so well.
    Yeah, that's what I've heard. I've been wanting to do it since I turned 18 last year, but I somehow haven't got round to it. I'll have to try to get a friend to come with me, might feel a little better than being on my own .

(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Yeah, that's what I've heard. I've been wanting to do it since I turned 18 last year, but I somehow haven't got round to it. I'll have to try to get a friend to come with me, might feel a little better than being on my own .
    I want to do it too but nowhere near me does it :sad: oh well will just ahve to buy that one from Ann Summers and get a DVD then.... :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Ann Summers sells poles? Wow, I actually didn't know that. Though, I'm not sure what my parents would think of me having a pole in the house :teehee:. I'm not even sure I'd tell them I'm going pole dancing, I might just say I'm going to dancing and not specify what type, hehe. Sorry, I just find it a teensy embarrassing, with the whole sexual connotations and stuff, even though I'm only doing it for the fitness and stuff, but maybe I'll tell them at some point, lol. Have fun with your pole dancing if you do take it up :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You should do it :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to do it as a fitness thing, but no where round me does lessons, the local strip club doesnt count :p:

Maybe at uni I could put one in the room and get an fitness dvd, but the decent one from ann summers is a bit pricey, about a months worth of food!

Would definately not tell my parents. I have enough awkward conversations as it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    lol.

Worked for you? That's great. But dude, that is incredibly short sighted.
    optimistic is wat id call it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyxx10)
    optimistic is wat id call it
    There's an H in what.

And no, it's not optimism. It's no different to all the ignorant people who go on to pull yourself together if you want to get out of depression. That's simply not how it works.

ReputationRep:
    I am having major wibbles about Bangor atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I am having major wibbles about Bangor atm.
    What are you worried about?

argh god damn it. Didn't take "medication" on thursday, felt awesome friday then totally crashed in the evening. Haven't felt that awful in a while. I don't know what the **** it is they're giving me but not taking it is a really really bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    What are you worried about?
    :hugs:

I dunno, tbh, it's just so small and it seems like for every one 'wow, it's great' story I hear there's five 'Oh God, it's AWFUL!' stories. Probably just stress getting to me. :o: Had a major barney with a guy who I would readily have put as a best mate over facebook and it's got me in a right tizz.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

I dunno, tbh, it's just so small and it seems like for every one 'wow, it's great' story I hear there's five 'Oh God, it's AWFUL!' stories. Probably just stress getting to me. :o: Had a major barney with a guy who I would readily have put as a best mate over facebook and it's got me in a right tizz.
    I think it's pretty normal to feel like that, everyone worries how university is going to be and whether they chose the right one etc but tbh I think most people do really enjoy it, I've hardly ever met anyone who hates university.

er...barney? You mean like an argument? It's horrible when you argue or fall out with your best friend but try not to let it get you down because it happens to everyone. You guys haven't like completely stopped talking forever right?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's pretty normal to feel like that, everyone worries how university is going to be and whether they chose the right one etc but tbh I think most people do really enjoy it, I've hardly ever met anyone who hates university.

er...barney? You mean like an argument? It's horrible when you argue or fall out with your best friend but try not to let it get you down because it happens to everyone. You guys haven't like completely stopped talking forever right?
    Yeah, I suppose. Just wary because of last time, I guess.

Yep, probably never going to bother with him again; the story in a nutshell is he knew that I'd be stressed last night/today because of my Dad and so when I and a few other people commented that he probably shouldn't go to town today (there's a protest that will probably turn violent on) on his facebook he singled me out and swore at me, called me names and told me that my opinion was essentially worthless. He then posted his status as 'just got stabbed in town' and then carried it on in the comments with talk about what ward he's on and stuff. I'm sorry, but I just can't handle people like that; I don't think I'll ever be able to talk to him again. I'm not the only one either, I know at least 5 or 6 of us are incredibly annoyed at him for this.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I suppose. Just wary because of last time, I guess.

Yep, probably never going to bother with him again; the story in a nutshell is he knew that I'd be stressed last night/today because of my Dad and so when I and a few other people commented that he probably shouldn't go to town today (there's a protest that will probably turn violent on) on his facebook he singled me out and swore at me, called me names and told me that my opinion was essentially worthless. He then posted his status as 'just got stabbed in town' and then carried it on in the comments with talk about what ward he's on and stuff. I'm sorry, but I just can't handle people like that; I don't think I'll ever be able to talk to him again. I'm not the only one either, I know at least 5 or 6 of us are incredibly annoyed at him for this.
    Yeah I know that feeling, I was so worried about coming back to university but it worked out kind of ok. You just need to throw yourself in and don't let previous experiences get in the way.

Wtf? Don't mean to be offensive but he sounds pretty nasty to have a go at you for that. It sounds like you were worried about him and for him to do that it's just wtf. I can see why you don't want to talk to him again.

I hope your dad's ok out there, I have nothing but respect for those guys but it must be really hard for you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know that feeling, I was so worried about coming back to university but it worked out kind of ok. You just need to throw yourself in and don't let previous experiences get in the way.

Wtf? Don't mean to be offensive but he sounds pretty nasty to have a go at you for that. It sounds like you were worried about him and for him to do that it's just wtf. I can see why you don't want to talk to him again.

I hope your dad's ok out there, I have nothing but respect for those guys but it must be really hard for you.
    I think that might be the best plan.

Well, my fears have just been founded, as the protestors have just started throwing stuff at the police :rolleyes: But ofc, I was just meddling in his affairs. I shouldn't care so much about my friends, I think... I just get nothing back from some of them :dontknow:

He'll be fine, I'm sure... Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ummm...I'm not good. I will sound bipolar, but I keep ranging from being glum,subdued, to being giggly and...I now feel sick. I started eating again properly today after not really eating much this week and it feels odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isawsparks89)
    Ummm...I'm not good. I will sound bipolar, but I keep ranging from being glum,subdued, to being giggly and...I now feel sick. I started eating again properly today after not really eating much this week and it feels odd.
    Well done for eating something at least! My moods are pretty much like yours, up one minute, down the next. Not sure what it is, tbh. :/

ReputationRep:
    I need my pills. I've run out and it's left me anxious and irritating.
    I think I have a little agrophobia so I haven't left the house much this week, only to go to an mock oral exam and I went out tues night/last night and today to go and buy food.

I'm really fed up at the moment in general.

ReputationRep:
    argh i dont know whether to go back to uni! the decision is driving me a bit insane lol either i go back and study law or change to politics or transfer to a different uni and do drama and english argh the decisions can someone do me a favour and decide for me thanks x

(Original post by DIVAlaDES)
    argh i dont know whether to go back to uni! the decision is driving me a bit insane lol either i go back and study law or change to politics or transfer to a different uni and do drama and english argh the decisions can someone do me a favour and decide for me thanks x
    I wish we could. What would you really like to do? And what you like to do after uni?

I had a panic attack today in the cinema. Have no idea why. 1st one in ages :sad:

ReputationRep:
    So apathetic today... Feeling pretty low too, but an apathetic low, as in I may be feeling like that, but I'm avoiding it so I can do nothing... That probably makes no sense. Oh well.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.