Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    So apathetic today... Feeling pretty low too, but an apathetic low, as in I may be feeling like that, but I'm avoiding it so I can do nothing... That probably makes no sense. Oh well.
    Makes perfect sense :yep:

:hugs: is there a good comedy you can find to help? Laughter seems to get me out of that state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Makes perfect sense :yep:

:hugs: is there a good comedy you can find to help? Laughter seems to get me out of that state.
    I've been watching the 60s Addams Family a lot instead of working, I think that's the only reason I haven't burst into tears yet, but I don't even want to do that now... :erm:

Plus I feel guilty for not working and watching videos instead

EDIT: spoke to soon, started crying about God knows what. I don't even know why I cry all the time anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I've got the urge to sh, but I'm not that worked up/that low... I'm feeling really odd right now :erm:

I've been watching the 60s Addams Family a lot instead of working, I think that's the only reason I haven't burst into tears yet, but I don't even want to do that now... :erm:

Plus I feel guilty for not working and watching videos instead

EDIT: spoke to soon, started crying about God knows what. I don't even know why I cry all the time anymore.
    :hugs: I know that feeling. I've had that all week and only today have I had the motivation to do some work. I am NOT letting go of this motivation this time, Exams are far too close.

:hugs: sometimes you have to let it out. And please don't sh :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :hugs: I know that feeling. I've had that all week and only today have I had the motivation to do some work. I am NOT letting go of this motivation this time, Exams are far too close.

:hugs: sometimes you have to let it out. And please don't sh :sad:
    I know, and I'm not even worried right now :erm:

I'm not going to - it's a hell of a lot easier to sit out the urges when I'm not worked up about anything. It's just odd to feel like this when I'm relatively calm...

I'm feeling a little better - I'm watching The Addams Family haha, never fails. Hasn't stopped me comfort eating, which isn't great for avoiding my ED... I'll force myself to work after this episode or the next. Some is better than none I guess

I know, and I'm not even worried right now :erm:

I'm not going to - it's a hell of a lot easier to sit out the urges when I'm not worked up about anything. It's just odd to feel like this when I'm relatively calm...

I'm feeling a little better - I'm watching The Addams Family haha, never fails. Hasn't stopped me comfort eating, which isn't great for avoiding my ED... I'll force myself to work after this episode or the next. Some is better than none I guess
    Make some notes or something in that case. Not much brainpower is needed and you can always go back over them when your feeling better :hugs:

Well done though. Why not have a sugary drink instead of eating? Or some milk or something if you're worried its gonna affect your ED

ReputationRep:
    recently, finally found out my friend's cause of death. seems like he killed himself.

ReputationRep:
    The Addams Family isn't working anymore :sad:

I should probably go to sleep, but I don't want to, even though I do... I'm in the strangest mood today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pocket Calculator)
    not been here for a while.

recently, finally found out my friend's cause of death. seems like he killed himself.

that's not nice in itself, but nor is the fact that, when he apparently did it, he had more going for him than i did then or have now.
    :hugs:

---

Still haven't gone to sleep, I had a feeling that this was going to happen at about 10 last night. I don't even know why I bothered crawling into bed earlier.

ReputationRep:

that's not nice in itself, but nor is the fact that, when he apparently did it, he had more going for him than i did then or have now.
    I'm so sorry. :hugs: One thing I learnt last year... People are often bloody good at hiding their true feelings.

ReputationRep:
    Grr having a bad bad day! Wanted to play a game on my bf phone last night, and he'd left it on an email from a friend, and some words just caught my eye. I know she's really friendly lovely dovey with people.. but saying she loved him and loved the way he smells and how much she misses him :mad: Really wish I hadn't read it, never gonna pick up his iPhone again! I trust him completely, but she's so clingy and is having major problems with her own bf (very long distance). I'm just so upset, I was already having a bad day yesterday, I didn't need to read that! And I've talked to him about it, but I'm just so upset and just want her to feck off back to where she came from (international student). She's perfectly nice to my face and then says these things to my boyfriend. I know I'm probably reading too much into this and making it seem huge when it's not.. but I'm not exactly in the best state right now, this doesn't help!

ReputationRep:

:console: That's really sad to hear, I hope you're OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    Grr having a bad bad day! Wanted to play a game on my bf phone last night, and he'd left it on an email from a friend, and some words just caught my eye. I know she's really friendly lovely dovey with people.. but saying she loved him and loved the way he smells and how much she misses him :mad: Really wish I hadn't read it, never gonna pick up his iPhone again! I trust him completely, but she's so clingy and is having major problems with her own bf (very long distance). I'm just so upset, I was already having a bad day yesterday, I didn't need to read that! And I've talked to him about it, but I'm just so upset and just want her to feck off back to where she came from (international student). She's perfectly nice to my face and then says these things to my boyfriend. I know I'm probably reading too much into this and making it seem huge when it's not.. but I'm not exactly in the best state right now, this doesn't help!
    :hugs:

Have you tried talking to her nicely about it? She may not realise that her words are upsetting you.

---

Finally managed to get to sleep at about 7, so I've now had a decent amount of sleep. Doesn't mean I'm in a good mood though, stupid body :dry:

ReputationRep:
    I'm seeing a doctor about my depression on Tuesday I'm scared I'm gonna get badly judged 'cos I'm only depressed down to petty things

I was seeing another doctor for a while and he just told me to 'get a grip'...:bawling:

Are all doctors like this?

(Original post by SharpDressedMan)
    I'm seeing a doctor about my depression on Tuesday I'm scared I'm gonna get badly judged 'cos I'm only depressed down to petty things

I was seeing another doctor for a while and he just told me to 'get a grip'...:bawling:

Are all doctors like this?
    :console: no not all doctors are like it. My doctor was telling em how good it was for me to be suffering from depression so that I can give good advice and be sympathetic towards patients later on. I'm assuming she was talking from experience. Both doctors who have been treating me for depression could just see it. Thats the worst thing someone can say to someone suffering from depression.

Are you seeing a different one this time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :console: no not all doctors are like it. My doctor was telling em how good it was for me to be suffering from depression so that I can give good advice and be sympathetic towards patients later on. I'm assuming she was talking from experience. Both doctors who have been treating me for depression could just see it. Thats the worst thing someone can say to someone suffering from depression.

Are you seeing a different one this time?
    I am yes. I'm seeing my GP first so I can get referred to someone who can deal with this specially. Problem is though, whilst I feel depressed and cry most nights..during the day I don't feel as bad. I'm scared that if I don't look as bad they won't take me as seriously just because I'm not at my worst in front of them

ReputationRep:
    I've had another bad dream...this one really blew me out of the water as it was something really personal that I'm extremely sensitive about and then, in a separate occasion, the ex I despise was in it.

Just kinda really really down. I need to go back to my gp tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Great, I can feel myself feeling more and more down :sad: My eating disorder is always at the brink, I won't write how I feel right now, as it may be triggering, but let's just say that I'm really not coping as well as I had been with recovery. I just wish that my doctor could do something, but they've done all they can, I just have to wait...

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me why I'm crying, 'cos I sure as hell don't know. Pretty fed up of this now.

Can someone tell me why I'm crying, 'cos I sure as hell don't know. Pretty fed up of this now.
    Because you have a lack of seretonin acting as a neurotransmitter between the synapses in the brain nerves :yep:

/being geeky.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.