Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Because you have a lack of seretonin acting as a neurotransmitter between the synapses in the brain nerves :yep:

/being geeky.
    Haha, you really love pharmacy!

Meh, I just keep feeling lower and lower today. ED's not going well either... Really not. :erm: I'll tell my doctor on Wednesday, because I know I don't want to relapse, no matter what my ED is telling em and promising me :erm: Maybe that's why I'm feeling low, but then this only kicked in after the tears...

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Haha, you really love pharmacy!

Meh, I just keep feeling lower and lower today. ED's not going well either... Really not. :erm: I'll tell my doctor on Wednesday, because I know I don't want to relapse, no matter what my ED is telling em and promising me :erm: Maybe that's why I'm feeling low, but then this only kicked in after the tears...
    :hugs: I think you're just having a down day It happens to all of us, and more often to us who are recovering from anxiety related disorders and depression. I you're seeing the doctor on wednesday make sure you do tell them what's going on.

You're not alone remember :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :hugs: I think you're just having a down day It happens to all of us, and more often to us who are recovering from anxiety related disorders and depression. I you're seeing the doctor on wednesday make sure you do tell them what's going on.

You're not alone remember :hugs:
    I've been feeling like this for weeks. They don't even know if I'm depressed, and I haven't started 'recovery' I don't want to either. It'll make no bloody difference.

---

I really want to disappear right now. I'm so sick of all this, of 'friends', of school, of everything.

I've been feeling like this for weeks. They don't even know if I'm depressed, and I haven't started 'recovery' I don't want to either. It'll make no bloody difference.

---

I really want to disappear right now. I'm so sick of all this, of 'friends', of school, of everything.
    Tbh we can see that you are most likely to be just be your posts. Crying for no reason? If thats not an obvious symptom then I don't know what is. When I read your posts, its like reading my current and past thoughts online; like your posts like this are the bank of my thoughts.

I'm sure you don't want to feel like this forever :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Tbh we can see that you are most likely to be just be your posts. Crying for no reason? If thats not an obvious symptom then I don't know what is. When I read your posts, its like reading my current and past thoughts online; like your posts like this are the bank of my thoughts.

I'm sure you don't want to feel like this forever :hugs:
    Hmm. I'm not sure I'll ever change TBH. I've had my ED for 4-5 years and I've been trying to recover for 2-3, nothing really changes, I always end up relapsing.

Hmm. I'm not sure I'll ever change TBH. I've had my ED for 4-5 years and I've been trying to recover for 2-3, nothing really changes, I always end up relapsing.
    Don't believe that. If I learnt anything from that online CBT, its that the way you think determines the way you feel, which determines overll outcomes. However I cannot comment specifically in terms of the ED as I've not suffered, therefore I do not know what it is like

So instead I shall offer an awesome hug :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Don't believe that. If I learnt anything from that online CBT, its that the way you think determines the way you feel, which determines overll outcomes. However I cannot comment specifically in terms of the ED as I've not suffered, therefore I do not know what it is like

So instead I shall offer an awesome hug :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:jumphug:
    Lol thanks. I dunno if I was even ever and ED sufferer though, sometimes I think that I just imagine these things.

Lol thanks. I dunno if I was even ever and ED sufferer though, sometimes I think that I just imagine these things.
    Its difficult to tell. But I guess if you are having anxious thoughts about food, and eating in front of people etc then thats a good indication. You seem to know when these thoughs an actions reoccur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Its difficult to tell. But I guess if you are having anxious thoughts about food, and eating in front of people etc then thats a good indication. You seem to know when these thoughs an actions reoccur.
    What I mean is, I see a problem where there is none and then it becomes one. I've been diagnosed with an ED and body dysmorphia, but I don't know how much that means. I really don't know anything any more.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling properly crap today :sad:
    But it's different to how I've been feeling the last couple of weeks. I've been really emotional, like angry and aggressive one minute, then in tears the next.
    But today its like I've given up completely and just don't care about anything anymore.
    And then theres some other stuff with eating thats come back to haunt me but wont post details incase it's a trigger for anyone (from reading posts above)
    And its doent help that whilst I have been hibernating from everyone the last few months, I have managed to lose most of my friends who live near me, the other few who care are too far away at uni to do anything Just wana feel like me again.

ReputationRep:
    Stuff on eating disorder, might be a trigger, not sure:
    I still can't tell if I'm viewing myself in a normal light or if I still have body dysmorphia. I can't even gauge hunger today - am I really hungry, or is it just my mind? And then there are the eating disordered thoughts that come and mess up that query even more... I'm just not sure how long I can stand all these eating disordered thoughts... I haven't seen a counsellor in months, which is probably why I'm relapsing... Just have to get through to Wednesday and then take it from there...

Really, really fed up of everything. What's the ******* point in doing anything - from turning up to GP appointments and studying to brushing my teeth - I just don't see a a point any more, as unhygienic as that may be.

---

Dear God, some people on TSR... So many ******* triggers everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalou098)
    Feeling properly crap today :sad:
    But it's different to how I've been feeling the last couple of weeks. I've been really emotional, like angry and aggressive one minute, then in tears the next.
    But today its like I've given up completely and just don't care about anything anymore.
    And then theres some other stuff with eating thats come back to haunt me but wont post details incase it's a trigger for anyone (from reading posts above)
    And its doent help that whilst I have been hibernating from everyone the last few months, I have managed to lose most of my friends who live near me, the other few who care are too far away at uni to do anything Just wana feel like me again.
    :hugs:

I'm not really in a position to help right now, so instead have a hug: :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Stuff on eating disorder, might be a trigger, not sure:
    I still can't tell if I'm viewing myself in a normal light or if I still have body dysmorphia. I can't even guage hunger today - am I really hungry, or is it just my mind? And then there are the eating disordered thoughts that come and mess up that query even more... I'm just not sure how long I can stand all these eating disordered thoughts... I haven't seen a counsellor in months, which is probably why I'm relapsing... Just have to get through to Wednesday and then take it from there...

Really, really fed up of everything. What's the ******* point in doing anything - from turning up to GP appointments and studying to brushing my teeth - I just don't see a a point any more, as unhygienic as that may be.

---

Dear God, some people on TSR... So many ******* triggers everywhere.

Can relate to a lot of what you said in the box Whats happening on Wednesday then? Seeing a councillor or doctor?
    I had seen what you had written in earlier posts so i didnt want to talk about any ED issues, sorry if it had made any effect on how you were thinking.

A few months ago my boyfriend made me make an appointment with a doctor so I could try to get sorted out. But I just felt so crap and didnt even have the motivation to get out of bed let alone want to get better. I wonder now if it wouldve helped in some way.

Edit: thanks for the hugs, :hugs: back to you x

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, not posted here before but thought I would Hope people are feeling relatively okay.
    I'm knackered, been taking fluoxetine for 2 weeks and have just had tonnes of side effects. Really horrible. I think the side effects are wearing off apart from the insomnia, but I still feel pretty rubbish.

GP appointment on tuesday, really looking forward to just talking to someone about the last 2 weeks of hell. I know I should give the drug longer to work though, hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalou098)
    Can relate to a lot of what you said in the box Whats happening on Wednesday then? Seeing a councillor or doctor?
    I had seen what you had written in earlier posts so i didnt want to talk about any ED issues, sorry if it had made any effect on how you were thinking.

A few months ago my boyfriend made me make an appointment with a doctor so I could try to get sorted out. But I just felt so crap and didnt even have the motivation to get out of bed let alone want to get better. I wonder now if it wouldve helped in some way.

Edit: thanks for the hugs, :hugs: back to you x
    Seeing my GP. I'm unbelievably tempted to ask to go back on antidepressants, even though they're against giving them to under 21s... It's just really hard for me to get to the talking therapy appointments (when they come through, it's hard enough getting to the other ones)

No, I'm perfectly fine reading things that would be triggering at the moment, there's just a thread with the worst 'advice' from possible anorexic to possible anorexic. I didn't find it triggering, as I can sort of handle triggers, but I was worried for other people who may read it. It's okay, the mods are on it and the post I reported has been deleted... Although it's still there in a quote :erm:

I think that simply knowing that there's help if you need it/on X day you have an appointment with Y etc.

Haha thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    hey guys, not posted here before but thought I would Hope people are feeling relatively okay.
    I'm knackered, been taking fluoxetine for 2 weeks and have just had tonnes of side effects. Really horrible. I think the side effects are wearing off apart from the insomnia, but I still feel pretty rubbish.

GP appointment on tuesday, really looking forward to just talking to someone about the last 2 weeks of hell. I know I should give the drug longer to work though, hmm.
    Hi there
    I cant comment on the fluoxetine as ive never taken it, but i hope the appointment goes ok, and that you manage to the side effects under control.

ReputationRep:
    :banghead: 398 words in 1hour 20mins.

Goddammit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)

Goddammit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)

Goddammit.

It's something, which is always better than nothing. If it makes you feel better, I've written about 10 words today and that's simply copying out of a textbook.

ReputationRep:
    I feel so alone... It's my fault - I isolated myself because I didn't want to deal with 'friendship' and certain 'friends' have proven that I can't trust them. No, I'm not being paranoid, some of them have proven that they do not care for me, my health or my happiness time and time again, yet I've always done all I can to help them... Is it too much to ask for just one person to actually be my friend and actually give a damn?

Is it odd if I say I want to 'break myself' right now - I'm not even sure what I mean, but...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.