Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Back from GPs. I'm seeing them again in 4, rather than 2, weeks and I... I just can't stand it any more, I feel lower than at any I ever have today and they can't do anything. He did ask me again how I felt when I was on the antidepressants, but dropped it when I said I couldn't remember... I don't want to do the CBT, the CPN creeps me out and I just can't be bothered with it all.

I really don't want to be alive right now :cry:

ETA: Oh, and can anyone explain to me why everything tastes exactly the same and furthermore why, if everything tastes the same I'm still snacking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Back from GPs. I'm seeing them again in 4, rather than 2, weeks and I... I just can't stand it any more, I feel lower than at any I ever have today and they can't do anything. He did ask me again how I felt when I was on the antidepressants, but dropped it when I said I couldn't remember... I don't want to do the CBT, the CPN creeps me out and I just can't be bothered with it all.
    Its really hard to get help isnt it.
    I dont know what ADs you've tried etc but I guess trying a new one might be a good idea? Ask for a different CPN, I think you're well within your rights to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Its really hard to get help isnt it.
    I dont know what ADs you've tried etc but I guess trying a new one might be a good idea? Ask for a different CPN, I think you're well within your rights to.
    I was taken off them (put on them by a locum) by my normal GP after just 3 weeks because they are generally against giving them to under-21s... I just don't know how I'm going to get through my exams without any help at all.

I know, I might...

I'm so tired of feeling like this, of crying all the time. I really, really want out now.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a doctor today. Appointment went fairly well, better than my other two doctors who didn't do much. He asked me a few questions, then got me to fill in a short questionnaire. Then he referred me to a place to have an assessment, and another place for counselling. He wouldn't put me on anti-depressants though, because of my age and he thought I'd just do better with some counselling. Fair enough, I accepted that. So, on the way to progress hopefully .

ReputationRep:
    I was taken off them (put on them by a locum) by my normal GP after just 3 weeks because they are generally against giving them to under-21s... I just don't know how I'm going to get through my exams without any help at all.

I know, I might...

I'm so tired of feeling like this, of crying all the time. I really, really want out now.
    Thats silly, if you need ADs then you need them, regardless of your age.. I know it's a ***** but if you can I think you should go and demand them or actually change GPs.

I hope you feel a bit better soon :hugs:

I spent a while talking to a psychiatrist on my placement today about my problems, she is really lovely and has slightly given me some hope. I really wish i was her patient but I dont think I can be, arghh.

ReputationRep:

I know, I might...

:console: I don't quite know what to say, but I really hope you can hang in there. You seem pretty bright so I'm sure you can do well in the exams if you put your heart to it. Is there anything in particular that makes you happy these days that you could do every so often to help raise your spirits? I have never even been allowed ADs, so I'm having to find my own way to cope as well. Good luck though. :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Thats silly, if you need ADs then you need them, regardless of your age.. I know it's a ***** but if you can I think you should go and demand them or actually change GPs.

I hope you feel a bit better soon :hugs:

I spent a while talking to a psychiatrist on my placement today about my problems, she is really lovely and has slightly given me some hope. I really wish i was her patient but I dont think I can be, arghh.
    Well it seemed that if it got bad enough they'd consider it. Believe me, I wanted to say 'Can I please just give them another go' when he brought them up but I just couldn't bring myself to physically say it. :cry2:

Thanks.

There will be other psychiatrists out there just as good as her that can help you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :console: I don't quite know what to say, but I really hope you can hang in there. You seem pretty bright so I'm sure you can do well in the exams if you put your heart to it. Is there anything in particular that makes you happy these days that you could do every so often to help raise your spirits? I have never even been allowed ADs, so I'm having to find my own way to cope as well. Good luck though. :jumphug:
    Thanks. I don't see myself getting through exams at all :erm:

No, I don;t find anything interesting or good any more. I don't see the point in anything.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I don't see myself getting through exams at all :erm:

No, I don;t find anything interesting or good any more. I don't see the point in anything.
    There must be something? Favourite music? Favourite TV shows/films? Funny videos on youtube? Sports? Anyway, I just hope you manage to work it out. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    There must be something? Favourite music? Favourite TV shows/films? Funny videos on youtube? Sports? Anyway, I just hope you manage to work it out. :hugs:
    I'm going to watch some True Blood now, a friend wants me to finish season 2 so she has someone to discuss it with haha. Should take my mind off my own thoughts for a while :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to watch some True Blood now, a friend wants me to finish season 2 so she has someone to discuss it with haha. Should take my mind off my own thoughts for a while :rolleyes:
    Ah, yeah, some good TV should do you good . I like True Blood too, though I've only seen about the second half of the first series, I'll need to try and catch up on that. Channel 4 doesn't have it on their 4OD though . How are you watching it, DVD or online?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, yeah, some good TV should do you good . I like True Blood too, though I've only seen about the second half of the first series, I'll need to try and catch up on that. Channel 4 doesn't have it on their 4OD though . How are you watching it, DVD or online?
    Both. I'm watching the second half of the last episode of season 1 online (there's a good blogspot site if you search haha) and I have the second season on DVD, which is good as I hate watching things online!

It's surprisingly good for how very, very un-family friendly it is haha.

I know I'm not in your position Steffi but I'm starting to feel like you for exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I know I'm not in your position Steffi but I'm starting to feel like you for exams.
    :hugs: We'll get through this somehow. For me, it'll be many hours watching True Blood.

ReputationRep:
    I ******* HATE poetry essays :cry: I've spent nearly all day on this and I have... 216 words. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh

:hugs: We'll get through this somehow. For me, it'll be many hours watching True Blood.
    Yea we will

After some decent sleep I'll really get my head down

ReputationRep:

I know, I might...

I'm fairly sure that fluoxetine is recommended by NICE for under 18s so for them to refuse anyone under 21 is pretty weird. I started citalopram when I was 18.

ReputationRep:
    Actually went to college today for a full day. Had to take a load of crap from people tho People are very mean. I bet if I told them how I was feeling and what I've been going through they would soon shut up.

Been put on referral at college meaning that if I miss a day they with get my mum in for a meeting with me there to discuss everything, and then if I do it again I get kicked out :/ only 3 weeks of proper timetabled lessons tho so it'll be ok.

Got a ridiculous amount of coursework to do still, as soon as I get something done another thing to do appears. I am really not going to get a good grade at the end of this Actually been feeling a bit better the last 2 days. Kinda scared myself into doing something about my life in general instead of hoping the issues will go away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I'm fairly sure that fluoxetine is recommended by NICE for under 18s so for them to refuse anyone under 21 is pretty weird. I started citalopram when I was 18.
    I think that they just want to try to non-medical routes first.

(Original post by Loz17)
    Yea we will

After some decent sleep I'll really get my head down
    We will. :yep:

---

I've spent the past hour or so watching True Blood and so am feeling okay as I haven't thought in over an hour.

ReputationRep:
    everything is steadily getting worse and worse.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.