Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by gooner1991)
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Those on citalopram, if you eat something little when you feel nauseous then it usually makes it go away for a few hours. I've been on it for about 5 months now and even though the side effects have subsided a bit I do still get nauseous every now and then (well everyday but its only once or twice and less severe)

It will take 2-4 weeks before you see any effect, as with any SSRI's and a few months to see noticable effects if it works for you

Hope it works for both of you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Is it stupid that I wish I hadn't been taken off antidepressants? I know I was beginning to feel slightly better just before I was taken off them and just feel that if I were on them I might see a point in talking therapies, but as of now I see no point whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    the only time I feel half ok is when I'm drunk, and past few days even that hasn't worked. So tired and finding it really hard to work out what's in my head and what's actually happening. I'm sick of all this and stuff is only getting worse. :'(

Been hacked off with how I have been feeling lately aarrgghhh not been fully great since January when I had my last Drs appointment went back today and he has increased my dose to 40 on the citalopram so with luck it may help me I just really don't want all this **** to interfere with uni, I realy want to go to uni and really looking forward to it but my bad days seemed to have started to increase again

ReputationRep:
    Am going on holiday in 3 and a bit weeks, a full time job waiting for me from September in my gap year, and I still feel as miserable as hell. I've no idea if it's exam stress/feeling down/what I used to get like. But I've just spent the last 2 hours crying and I feel like I've achieved nothing. I feel like crap. I don't want to go on holiday and I don't want a gap year, in fact I don't want to go to uni either, I just feel like crap, and I don't know what I want, other than to sleep for a good 100000hours. I am just so tired of crying and my eyes are really sore. I could swear there is something wrong with me, this always happens every now and again (the sudden urge to just, well, you know).

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

Exams, going to fail. ****** myself over, could've done better, failed, could have done so much more if I'd tried harder.

ReputationRep:
    Oh God. I really don't want to go to Bangor :sad:

In other news, I had a bloody amazing day, apart from the last hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Am going on holiday in 3 and a bit weeks, a full time job waiting for me from September in my gap year, and I still feel as miserable as hell. I've no idea if it's exam stress/feeling down/what I used to get like. But I've just spent the last 2 hours crying and I feel like I've achieved nothing. I feel like crap. I don't want to go on holiday and I don't want a gap year, in fact I don't want to go to uni either, I just feel like crap, and I don't know what I want, other than to sleep for a good 100000hours. I am just so tired of crying and my eyes are really sore. I could swear there is something wrong with me, this always happens every now and again (the sudden urge to just, well, you know).
    :hugs: I can't offer advice right now, so have a hug instead: :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    :console: Hey, at least you've got an actual gap year to look forward to, I've still got a third year of sixth form to do if I don't think of anything better :sigh:. Hope you cheer up though and enjoy your holiday, should be a nice fun time to relax and forget about responsibilities for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: I can't offer advice right now, so have a hug instead: :jumphug:
    Hugs are better than words sometimes anyhow :hugs: thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :console: Hey, at least you've got an actual gap year to look forward to, I've still got a third year of sixth form to do if I don't think of anything better :sigh:. Hope you cheer up though and enjoy your holiday, should be a nice fun time to relax and forget about responsibilities for a while
    Cheers, hopefully the holiday will be fine. It should be. I hope your time flies by too. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Been up since 4am. Damn. I've got a psychiatrist appointment later this morning and I'm scared

ReputationRep:
    Been up since 4am. Damn. I've got a psychiatrist appointment later this morning and I'm scared
    :hugs:
    It's nothing to be scared of, they're just going to help you to feel happier and more like your old self again :console:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, this probably sounds so stupid, but here goes. My Mum works at the local primary school and earlier I saw all the kids + teachers walking past my house. It's my Mum's day off today, so I can only assume when they walked past again and the teachers did that really obnoxious obvious waving through the window that they thought I was her. I didn't want to wave back or smile or anything, I'm sat in my PJs, feeling sorry for myself with greasy hair. Waving at and pretending to like people I don't know is right down at the bottom of my 'thing I'd like to do today' list. It sounds really stupid, but it's really upset me and I'm feeling really anxious again. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I assume you've had it now? I hope things went well :hugs:, I've got one too tomorrow :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Okay, this probably sounds so stupid, but here goes. My Mum works at the local primary school and earlier I saw all the kids + teachers walking past my house. It's my Mum's day off today, so I can only assume when they walked past again and the teachers did that really obnoxious obvious waving through the window that they thought I was her. I didn't want to wave back or smile or anything, I'm sat in my PJs, feeling sorry for myself with greasy hair. Waving at and pretending to like people I don't know is right down at the bottom of my 'thing I'd like to do today' list. It sounds really stupid, but it's really upset me and I'm feeling really anxious again. :erm:
    It's no big deal if you don't feel like waving to people. I say don't worry about it :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    It's no big deal if you don't feel like waving to people. I say don't worry about it :hugs:
    It's the fact that they wouldn't stop it when I didn't respond and ended up looking like bloody windmills and the fact that it left me feeling really upset and anxious and I'm not all too sure why :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I just want to scream, I am so annoyed at myself for always letting myself down. I never try hard enough and I'm going to mess everything up now! :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    I have another appointment with my doctor tomorrow about my depression. I have to take my mum with me as well, she only found out on the phone when the doctor rang up. I'm so nervous about everything, but I know I have to do what I can to sort myself out, and trying to do it my my own hasn't totally worked so far.

Aahhhh! Such a busy week next week!! My Textiles exam is from Monday to Wednesday, then my Philosophy resit on Friday :eek3:. OMG, I really have no idea how well I'm going to do, but I guess I have to try. I'm not particularly enjoying A levels at the moment, but I have one month left to get this round done, so I could as well try to give it my all, then I'll breath such a huge sigh of relief at the end of June . I'm so nervous right now though Hmm, I'm considering request a ban from this site, I really have this unhealthy addiction to it , it's kinda terrible of me, :o:. I guess TSR's a good distraction from doing tiring responsibilities, but my willpower for coming offline when I should be sleeping or revising is really terrible, haha, I can't have it ruining my school work now. I will probably talk to the mods later today. :flybye:

ReputationRep:
    I guess TSR's a good distraction from doing tiring responsibilities, but my willpower for coming offline when I should be sleeping or revising is really terrible, haha, I can't have it ruining my school work now. I will probably talk to the mods later today. :flybye:
    This! I've requested bans quite a few times, but always end up lurking. In fact, I'm going to get Firefox + leechblock and uninstall all other browsers right now. I need to study! :sad:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.