Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel so awful right now almost as if I'm on the verge of having a panic attack. I have this tight feeling in my chest,nausea and every little thing is annoying me and I just want the feeling to go away.Why must everything in my life go so wrong??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner1991)
    I feel so awful right now almost as if I'm on the verge of having a panic attack. I have this tight feeling in my chest,nausea and every little thing is annoying me and I just want the feeling to go away.Why must everything in my life go so wrong??
    :hugs: Have you tried going for a walk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    what happened?
    Got very very drunk.

Haven't been that drunk since the night in Canterbury where my 'friends' left me in a club and I ended up turning myself into the nurse rather than jumping under a car.

And I was really tired as well...

Ended up having a massive spaz and getting really frustrasted with myself not only because I couldn't see straight but also because I wanted to hide what I did yesterday (cutting again)... Blah. :o: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    Bunnies!
    Can we see a picture of your bunny rabbits please? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    I wish my life was like how I picture it could be in my head. :sigh:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    My mood's just crashed majorly.

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    :cry:

:console: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    As far as I can tell I can leave this place in a week, thank ****. How is everyone else?

Where are you atm, Bruce?
    I've just had a major mood drop I woke up crying today, which never happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    :hugs: That's sucky, bad dream?

I feel a little better than I did this morning now that I've uh, sobered up and am not hungover anymore :o: I've lost my appetite majorly recently and it seems to be coming back a bit - I ate lunch for the first time in 5 days :p: - so that's good. I want to keep it in check though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    :hugs: I'm so sorry.

And I'm in Slough. If the place I'm getting works out, I can move in next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    how is everyone today...?

(Original post by Malsy)
    I wish my life was like how I picture it could be in my head. :sigh:
    Likewise.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling pretty crap like usual, seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow, really really ******* scared what's going to happen. So lonely.

ReputationRep:
    If some of you haven't read this book please give it a try. I am skeptical and lazy so self-help just sounded like a pile of **** to me but this did work. Not miraculously I did have to put in effort. And because I'm predisposed to depression I do have to refer back to it sometimes when something knocks me but I do recommend this. Worked much better than citalopram for me anyway which was totally ineffective.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feeling-Good...1829725&sr=8-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hi I'm Jonathan)
    If some of you haven't read this book please give it a try. I am skeptical and lazy so self-help just sounded like a pile of **** to me but this did work. Not miraculously I did have to put in effort. And because I'm predisposed to depression I do have to refer back to it sometimes when something knocks me but I do recommend this. Worked much better than citalopram for me anyway which was totally ineffective.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feeling-Good...1829725&sr=8-1
    I've seen you advertise that like 4 times now, are you sure you aren't getting paid? :p:

I would actually give it a go tbh but have real trouble concentrating on anything longer than like 7 or 8 lines I tried some other CBT book once and just couldn't take anything in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I've seen you advertise that like 4 times now, are you sure you aren't getting paid? :p:

I would actually give it a go tbh but have real trouble concentrating on anything longer than like 7 or 8 lines I tried some other CBT book once and just couldn't take anything in.

:ninja: haha no :p: It's just really good so I want to spread the word. I've even pushed it on to friends and family who aren't depressed because even if you're not depressed you can still suffer from thinking distortion, just not enough for it to disable you like depression can. Which is an important point I think because anyone can get depressed if they keep thinking in certain ways so it makes you feel a lot more human and that it's not your fault.

I know what you mean about concentration. Concentration and motivation are really tough with depression. I've bought about 6 CBT books (after Dr Burns I wanted to try everything so I could be like some kind of CBT superwoman) and actually some of the exercises in the other books are more practical and helpful in some ways than Dr Burns Feeling Good. But what I liked about his book is that you can read it almost like a story book and it shows your depression and skepticism right in front of you. It's the best introduction.

I found that once I'd read that and was convinced and inspired by the CBT method that the other books seemed much more manageable and I even enjoyed doing some of the charts and tables.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.