Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone!

I've not been here in a while so thought i'd pop in and say hello! How is everyone coping? My depression has not been to bad lately but mentally i've shut down. Had an exam last monday and just did 2 days revision and it didn't go too well. I've got an exam on tuesday and not started revising for it nor for the other exam later this week

Booked my flights though....that's all that matters right? :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    hi everyone!

I've not been here in a while so thought i'd pop in and say hello! How is everyone coping? My depression has not been to bad lately but mentally i've shut down. Had an exam last monday and just did 2 days revision and it didn't go too well. I've got an exam on tuesday and not started revising for it nor for the other exam later this week

Booked my flights though....that's all that matters right? :o:
    Flights? Ooh, where you going?

I'm not looking forward to my 3-day Textiles exam starting tomorrow. I'm pretty stuck on what to make :eek3:. Ah, will have to think of something quick :o:.

I know what you mean about shutting down, that's been happening to me an awful lot lately. I hate doing doing A Levels

Good luck in your exams, hopefully you do know enough to do well

ReputationRep:
    God, I dunno what to do... I just feel like crying atm. Everything just feels hopeless. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Flights? Ooh, where you going?

I'm not looking forward to my 3-day Textiles exam starting tomorrow. I'm pretty stuck on what to make :eek3:. Ah, will have to think of something quick :o:.

I know what you mean about shutting down, that's been happening to me an awful lot lately. I hate doing doing A Levels

Good luck in your exams, hopefully you do know enough to do well
    USA, hawaii, fiji, nz, oz, se-asia - massive 12 month trip woooooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    USA, hawaii, fiji, nz, oz, se-asia - massive 12 month trip woooooo!
    Wow, I think I remember you mentioning travelling plans a while back. I kinda wish I were you, so lucky you get to go to those places. Sounds like much fun, hope you have a whale of a time .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    God, I dunno what to do... I just feel like crying atm. Everything just feels hopeless. :cry:
    :hugs: wish there was something to do to help.

ReputationRep:
    :console: I hope the sadness passes for you soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    *super massive big hugs* :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Feeling down. I have 9 days to cram for an exam that I'm under-prepared for and haven't been to the lessons for in however long and I just know I'm going to fail and I won't get in to uni, but I'm still sitting here doing nothing. I keep getting really anxious over trivial things and I can feel anxiety/a massive crying session building.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Feeling down. I have 9 days to cram for an exam that I'm under-prepared for and haven't been to the lessons for in however long and I just know I'm going to fail and I won't get in to uni, but I'm still sitting here doing nothing. I keep getting really anxious over trivial things and I can feel anxiety/a massive crying session building.
    I have 7 and I'm not actually sweating yet. FML :facepalm2:

7 days and all that work doen't seem to be ******* paying off. I just ******* go and punch the **** out of someone or go for a long walk off a short pier or something so that I don't have to do that ******* exam!!

:mad2: :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I have 7 and I'm not actually sweating yet. FML http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i.../facepalm2.gif
    I know what you mean. I literally only have about 1/2 an hour a day of feeling stressed about them the rest of the time it's like they don't exist, like I have no deadlines or anything. Meaning no work gets done. I've had 3 already, so only 6 more to go... It seems that as each one comes and goes, I do less revision. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    7 days and all that work doen't seem to be ******* paying off. I just ******* go and punch the **** out of someone or go for a long walk off a short pier or something so that I don't have to do that ******* exam!!

http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/mad2.gif http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/cry.gif
    :jumphug: Loz, you'll crack it. You know as well as anyone that maths (I assume you're talking about M1) is about practice. It'll suddenly click :yep: You can do it! Just don't get disheartened. Look over that paper - where did you lose marks? Did you know your stuff but lose marks over silly mistakes? If so, you'll probably find that the silly mistakes get fewer and fewer as you become more acutely aware of them. If not, then again it's a simple case of going over it. ETA: Also, Sparkly's post in the revision thread looks helpful, so I second her advice.

What do you need in maths for uni?

ReputationRep:
    I wish hugs would take all my problems away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I have 7 and I'm not actually sweating yet. FML :facepalm2:
    I have 2 and i've not started nor am I sweating. The joys of depression, lol.

ReputationRep:
    :cry: I just... I don't even know why I'm crying. I'm just so...

Urgh, I need to actually start this work before I go to sleep... Or do I? Maybe I could just sleep...

:jumphug: Loz, you'll crack it. You know as well as anyone that maths (I assume you're talking about M1) is about practice. It'll suddenly click :yep: You can do it! Just don't get disheartened. Look over that paper - where did you lose marks? Did you know your stuff but lose marks over silly mistakes? If so, you'll probably find that the silly mistakes get fewer and fewer as you become more acutely aware of them. If not, then again it's a simple case of going over it. ETA: Also, Sparkly's post in the revision thread looks helpful, so I second her advice.

What do you need in maths for uni?
    Its a mixture of sily mistakes, something wrong with my calculator and EdExcel making up random M1 rules that no-one has seen before in a paper. Its so strange what they do sometimes. I'm a getting disheartened coz I've spent so much time on M1 that I should be getting some decent marks now but I'm still at square 1. This exam sort of decides my uni place in a way. I need at least a D, idelly a C in this to have any chance of getting to uni this year. I need a C overall in Maths really, but can get away with a D if I get an A is psychology. I have no idea what to do.

ReputationRep:
    :cry: I just... I don't even know why I'm crying. I'm just so...

Urgh, I need to actually start this work before I go to sleep... Or do I? Maybe I could just sleep...
    Go to sleep sweetheart, no-one works well when they're upset and tired. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Its a mixture of sily mistakes, something wrong with my calculator and EdExcel making up random M1 rules that no-one has seen before in a paper. Its so strange what they do sometimes. I'm a getting disheartened coz I've spent so much time on M1 that I should be getting some decent marks now but I'm still at square 1. This exam sort of decides my uni place in a way. I need at least a D, idelly a C in this to have any chance of getting to uni this year. I need a C overall in Maths really, but can get away with a D if I get an A is psychology. I have no idea what to do.
    :hugs: Right, the reasons show that you know your stuff, try another paper tomorrow and see how you do, if there's a trend in your mistakes you know how to sort it. If you do well, then it was just an odd paper.

Sometimes you can do loads of work and hit a brick wall, but after you hit it you have to pick yourself back up and climb over the wall - it usually turns out to only be a small one anyway. You can do this, don't give up and you'll make it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Go to sleep sweetheart, no-one works well when they're upset and tired. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif
    I've done nothing but procrastinate today. :erm: Although I guess I did sort out a way to make revision a lot quicker :unsure:

Also, as soon as I get into bed, I'll start crying loads. That's always what happens and I hate it, so I'm trying to avoid it.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.