Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    steffi, you have to be thankful for the small things that you can do. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif

I haven't been able to concentrate on doing any work today or for weeks now. Potentially I could fail, but I haven't failed yet. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/erm.gif But I've actually eaten today so that cancels out not working. Kind of http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif

At least your parents know, my mum doesn't have a ******* clue. She's oblivious, selfish and wrapped up in herself and god knows that I would have done something very stupid by now, if it wasn't for my godparents and the most amazing teacher that I have at school.
    I can barely do anything, I've covered about 1/2 an hour's work in a week. I just can't concentrate and don't give a damn. The reason I'm close to finishing this revision is only because I have someone else's revision notes.

And it's great that despite her you still have people who care for you and that you're working on getting better.

Well done on eating today - it's tough but if you eat, things will get better and you'll feel better - both your mind and body need that food. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I can barely do anything, I've covered about 1/2 an hour's work in a week. I just can't concentrate and don't give a damn. The reason I'm close to finishing this revision is only because I have someone else's revision notes.

And it's great that despite her you still have people who care for you and that you're working on getting better.

Well done on eating today - it's tough but if you eat, things will get better and you'll feel better - both your mind and body need that food. :yep:
    No, no, no. The fact is that you're doing some work right now. Something is better than nothing. Give yourself some credit

Most of the problems start and finish with my mum. All I know is that my teacher under her duty of care and whatever bull because of some of things I've said and my state of mind, has to tell my mum that she's concerned. I'm bricking it because my mum go ape again - last time my teacher rang her :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    No, no, no. The fact is that you're doing some work right now. Something is better than nothing. Give yourself some credit

Most of the problems start and finish with my mum. All I know is that my teacher under her duty of care and whatever bull because of some of things I've said and my state of mind, has to tell my mum that she's concerned. I'm bricking it because my mum go ape again - last time my teacher rang her http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i.../facepalm2.gif
    Haha, I still have yet to even look at my textbooks. I'm sitting here listening to loud music feeling numb and pretty 'People suck', but mainly numb.

:grouphugs: Could you maybe stay with someone whilst she gets used to it and cools down for a while? :console:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I still have yet to even look at my textbooks. I'm sitting here listening to loud music feeling numb and pretty 'People suck', but mainly numb.

:grouphugs: Could you maybe stay with someone whilst she gets used to it and cools down for a while? :console:
    I've got Whitney Houston on - make what you will of that :dontknow:

It sounds weird but it's easier to stay in my house than leave. I trust my teacher that she won't mention me going to the doctor, walking out of lessons, seeing a counsellor, feeling very low, and some of things that I've had to tell her about my private life. It is the pure fact that she has to make contact with my mother who generally doesn't give a **** and will see her clean image tarnished.

ReputationRep:
    I've got Whitney Houston on - make what you will of that http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/dontknow.gif

It sounds weird but it's easier to stay in my house than leave. I trust my teacher that she won't mention me going to the doctor, walking out of lessons, seeing a counsellor, feeling very low, and some of things that I've had to tell her about my private life. It is the pure fact that she has to make contact with my mother who generally doesn't give a **** and will see her clean image tarnished.
    Haha, I've gone for the loudest music I could get - thought it might kick some emotion into me. It's not, but oh well.

That's good and yeah, my Mum seems to care about what the Joneses think/whatever. Try to ignore her - that's her issue, try to stop it being your's as much as you can. :console:

ReputationRep:
    Never felt so depressed in my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .44_Magnum)
    Never felt so depressed in my life
    :hugs: What's up?

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling very low at the moment... I've been trying to work on my essay but it's not going anywhere. Was so low last night that I cried myself to sleep, really. Bf came by earlier on how own accord just to say hello and give me a quick hug before going back to his own exam revision; i don't really want to worry him because he has his final exams over the next couple of days so I kept all my feelings inside and pretended to be cheerful. :'( I just want to curl up and not do anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haidoreru)
    I'm feeling very low at the moment... I've been trying to work on my essay but it's not going anywhere. Was so low last night that I cried myself to sleep, really. Bf came by earlier on how own accord just to say hello and give me a quick hug before going back to his own exam revision; i don't really want to worry him because he has his final exams over the next couple of days so I kept all my feelings inside and pretended to be cheerful. :'( I just want to curl up and not do anything.
    :hugs: Try to do just a little bit of what you need to, but still take it easier if that makes any sense? You'll have a huge sense of accomplishment if you manage to do something.

-----

So tired. Could barely get out of bed this morning. Managed to do two flashcards for History (since 9am :dry:) but now the tiredness has really hit me. I'm not sure there's enough tea/coffee/ProPlus in the world to get me to finish this work on time. :sigh: But I will... I have no choice. :coffee:

ReputationRep:
    Yippy. Feeling like **** again, right in the middle of my exam period. Can't seem to take anything in at the moment. I just feel like there is no point to me. I'm such a waste of time/space. Everyone would be better off without me, no one would miss me if I disappeared. Was sooo tempted to walk into a busy road yesterday, just to end it, this stupid inferiority complex...its driving me mad. I just feel like whenever someone says something nice to me that its a lie. Who could every love me or want me? Anyone who has got close to me soon runs a mile anyway. I just wish I was like everyone else. When people say to me that I'm unique its just code for "you are a freak who doesn't belong anywhere"..
    I just look in the mirror and want to scrape off my face, get rid of it, change it make it normal, change my body change who I am...just wake up tomorrow and be normal.

I'm expecting a call back from the therapy department today for a consultation...still waiting.....

sorry for rambling, got carried away at the pity party, I know there are people worse off than me and I have so much to be thankful for but its so hard sometimes, so hard not to run away with my emotions.

ReputationRep:
    could I ask though? What else do you do to try to overcome your problem?

I don't know if what I'm saying is going to be helpful to you, as my depression isn't as severe... but I thought I could try to suggest some things anyway; I'm not claiming to be an expert but just basing my thoughts on my own experience... :hugs:
    I just try to distract myself and pretend to be okay and that nothing's wrong with most people. And I guess it works to an extent in that I usually feel better on weekdays when I can do that.

And I make an effort to talk to doctors etc but apart from that, I dont really help myself very much. I'm kind of at a stage where i don't want to get better. So I'm not really a good person to give advice. Sorry. I appreciate your advice though. Thanks.

Sorry that you're feeling really rubbish today :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Try to do just a little bit of what you need to, but still take it easier if that makes any sense? You'll have a huge sense of accomplishment if you manage to do something.

-----

So tired. Could barely get out of bed this morning. Managed to do two flashcards for History (since 9am :dry:) but now the tiredness has really hit me. I'm not sure there's enough tea/coffee/ProPlus in the world to get me to finish this work on time. :sigh: But I will... I have no choice. :coffee:
    Aw, thanks... :hugs: Yeah, I'm just trying to persevere at the moment. Just need to finish analysing Venus and Adonis before drawing up an essay plan by 4pm, hopefully and start typing my essay tonight. Hopefully, anyway.

I read somewhere that coffee aggravates the severity of depression... I think? I've been trying to reduce my coffee intake (I used to drink like 3 cups a day) but at the moment I'm just throwing all caution to the wind as I need to be alert enough to work on this essay.

Good luck with your revision! Hope you're feeling a little bit better today. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Yippy. Feeling like **** again, right in the middle of my exam period. Can't seem to take anything in at the moment. I just feel like there is no point to me. I'm such a waste of time/space. Everyone would be better off without me, no one would miss me if I disappeared. Was sooo tempted to walk into a busy road yesterday, just to end it, this stupid inferiority complex...its driving me mad. I just feel like whenever someone says something nice to me that its a lie. Who could every love me or want me? Anyone who has got close to me soon runs a mile anyway. I just wish I was like everyone else. When people say to me that I'm unique its just code for "you are a freak who doesn't belong anywhere"..
    I just look in the mirror and want to scrape off my face, get rid of it, change it make it normal, change my body change who I am...just wake up tomorrow and be normal.

I'm expecting a call back from the therapy department today for a consultation...still waiting.....

sorry for rambling, got carried away at the pity party, I know there are people worse off than me and I have so much to be thankful for but its so hard sometimes, so hard not to run away with my emotions.
    :hugs: I know you'll probably not believe me, but things will improve and you will start to love yourself again, stay strong and believe that because it is going to happen. Soon, with the help of therapy or anything that your doctor offers you, you will start to see the point in things and start to enjoy things again and you won't feel like this any more. Remember that.

There is a point to you, everyone has a purpose in life and every single person deserves to feel happy. You aren't a waste of space, nobody is! :console:

ReputationRep:
    Aw, thanks... http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif Yeah, I'm just trying to persevere at the moment. Just need to finish analysing Venus and Adonis before drawing up an essay plan by 4pm, hopefully and start typing my essay tonight. Hopefully, anyway.

I read somewhere that coffee aggravates the severity of depression... I think? I've been trying to reduce my coffee intake (I used to drink like 3 cups a day) but at the moment I'm just throwing all caution to the wind as I need to be alert enough to work on this essay.

Good luck with your revision! Hope you're feeling a little bit better today. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif
    You can do it, even if it's only a baby step towards finishing, it'll help and should ease some of the pressure that you are no doubt feeling.

Really? I haven't noticed anything, but I haven't had coffee in about a month, I'll probably just have the world's strongest cups of tea, I'm literally falling asleep here! Honestly, yesterday i was running on 3-4 hours sleep and was okay, today I got 8 and can barely stay awake!

Thanks, I'm feeling okay although I have virtually no appetite :erm: Good luck to you too with your essay. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I just try to distract myself and pretend to be okay and that nothing's wrong with most people. And I guess it works to an extent in that I usually feel better on weekdays when I can do that.

And I make an effort to talk to doctors etc but apart from that, I dont really help myself very much. I'm kind of at a stage where i don't want to get better. So I'm not really a good person to give advice. Sorry. I appreciate your advice though. Thanks.

Sorry that you're feeling really rubbish today :hugs:
    Thanks. :hugs: at least you're talking to us here though; I think it helps even a little bit.

I've been fighting since last night to keep the wave of moroseness away. I just feel like giving up and just lying in bed and wait till it all washes over and passes me by. But I can't. My bf is keeping an especially close eye on me by staying at mine for the next few days before he goes home for his brother's birthday this weekend. I don't want to cry and be sad in front of him because he's got his finals over the next two days. It's my birthday this weekend too... but I'm not doing anything for it this weekend because of my essay... I felt very lonely when he told me that he was going to go home this weekend though. It's hard enough dealing with my depression but I also have to be a good girlfriend too and be understanding and not complain as much.

Sometimes, I wish that I didn't just have to depend on him alone whenever I felt low or sad. When he goes away, I feel like I've lost my rock of security.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I know you'll probably not believe me, but things will improve and you will start to love yourself again, stay strong and believe that because it is going to happen. Soon, with the help of therapy or anything that your doctor offers you, you will start to see the point in things and start to enjoy things again and you won't feel like this any more. Remember that.

There is a point to you, everyone has a purpose in life and every single person deserves to feel happy. You aren't a waste of space, nobody is! :console:
    Thanks. I really should stop comparing myself to others but I cant help it, I just feel so pityful and worthless. :emo: I hope things are going well for you. How is revision going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Thanks. I really should stop comparing myself to others but I cant help it, I just feel so pityful and worthless. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/emo.gif I hope things are going well for you. How is revision going?
    Yeah you should, nobody is perfect! So many people hide how awful they feel etc and then we hold them up as role models when actually, they're no different from us. We're all human and we all feel both positive and negative things and do both good and bad things. You are not worthless, there are people that care for you and who's lives would be changed very much for the worse if you weren't here.

Thanks, and you - I hope you feel better soon. It's going okay but I'm insanely tired so it's slow. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    You can do it, even if it's only a baby step towards finishing, it'll help and should ease some of the pressure that you are no doubt feeling.

Really? I haven't noticed anything, but I haven't had coffee in about a month, I'll probably just have the world's strongest cups of tea, I'm literally falling asleep here! Honestly, yesterday i was running on 3-4 hours sleep and was okay, today I got 8 and can barely stay awake!

Thanks, I'm feeling okay although I have virtually no appetite :erm: Good luck to you too with your essay. :hugs:
    Yea, I was running on 5 hours of sleep two nights ago and last night I got 7 so I'm pretty happy about that.

Sometimes, I almost dread sleeping though because I would get such horrible nightmares which would wake me up and I would find myself crying.

I get so frustrated with myself all the time; because I want to get better but it's not happening anytime soon.

Yes, apparently, coffee acts as a stimulant, which keeps you high for a few hours and then you will crash and feel even lower than before. :no:

ReputationRep:
    Argh! Why am I so depressed about being single? And why can't I find anyone? Why do I constantly have these thoughts in my mind all day everyday? Like, why haven't I been asked out in over 2 and a half years? Why am I jealous of people in couples? Why do I keep remembering about those people who once picked on me just for trying to get a boyfriend. Why can't I just get over myself? :banghead:

Sorry, this sounds so pathetic I know, and I have complained about this more than once. And despite reading as much advice as I can, I still can't help letting this get to me. It also adds to the list of things I fail at in life. Waiting is irritating. I guess I'm just writing this to vent, that's all. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Argh! Why am I so depressed about being single? And why can't I find anyone? Why do I constantly have these thoughts in my mind all day everyday? Like, why haven't I been asked out in over 2 and a half years? Why am I jealous of people in couples? Why can't I just get over myself? :banghead:

Sorry, this sounds so pathetic I know, and I have complained about this more than once. And despite reading as much advice as I can, I still can't help letting this get to me. It also adds to the list of things I fail at in life. Waiting is irritating. I guess I'm just writing this to vent, that's all. :sigh:
    Aw, :hugs:, to be honest, it really is ok being single at 18 though. I personally have neither been asked out nor kissed by boys till I got into uni and I was 20 then! :eek:

I think it's alright waiting sometimes... won't you prefer waiting for that special someone? I know it can be very frustrating and sometimes you will feel like shouting at the world but, in all honesty, he will turn up one day. I really believe this.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.