Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    It's hard to know- you may have body image issues distorting your view, they may be trying to cheer you up (without realising it's the wrong way to do it)/you may be wearing certain clothes that give that off etc.

Just keep trying to eat :hugs:
    Maybe, I know I've lost a lot of weight since coming to Uni, about a stone but I don't think I have lost anymore to be honest, and if I have its not deliberate. I think its the stress of exams and late nights maybe....you're right it could also be the clothes I'm wearing, though I am wearing loosly fitted jeans which might create the illusion that I have lost weight.

How are you today? I've got so much to get through for fridays final exam I've lost all motivation tough which is annoying as it is the hardest exam. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Maybe, I know I've lost a lot of weight since coming to Uni, about a stone but I don't think I have lost anymore to be honest, and if I have its not deliberate. I think its the stress of exams and late nights maybe....you're right it could also be the clothes I'm wearing, though I am wearing loosly fitted jeans which might create the illusion that I have lost weight.

How are you today? I've got so much to get through for fridays final exam I've lost all motivation tough which is annoying as it is the hardest exam. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/eek3.gif
    :hugs: Well try to keep eating, you need it not just for your mental health and your body, but also for revision and exams. :yep:

Not great, my first exam is in a week now. Starting essays for the first time in 3 months tomorrow and I'm petrified. :hugs: It's hard but try to find a way to force yourself to study, that's what I've been doing and it seems to be the only routine I can stick to now, even if I get very little done.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Well try to keep eating, you need it not just for your mental health and your body, but also for revision and exams. :yep:

Not great, my first exam is in a week now. Starting essays for the first time in 3 months tomorrow and I'm petrified. :hugs: It's hard but try to find a way to force yourself to study, that's what I've been doing and it seems to be the only routine I can stick to now, even if I get very little done.
    :hugs: thanks, I just don't want a repeat of my past with dodgy eating, scary times that was

Ah good old essay writing, is that for English? I'm sure once you get back into the swing of it then it will be a piece of cake for you, just try to make sense of your ideas first and then get it down on paper, breif planning can sometimes help too.

I'm looking forward to the end of exams but I'm still dreading the holiday, hopefully I'll just snap out of it.

ReputationRep:
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif thanks, I just don't want a repeat of my past with dodgy eating, scary times that was

Ah good old essay writing, is that for English? I'm sure once you get back into the swing of it then it will be a piece of cake for you, just try to make sense of your ideas first and then get it down on paper, breif planning can sometimes help too.

I'm looking forward to the end of exams but I'm still dreading the holiday, hopefully I'll just snap out of it.
    Yeah, I know how scary and horrible it is. Stay strong and try to avoid that monster :hugs:

History, I'm taking the A level in one year, so... To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I have the equivalent of 5 papers of essays to do, so I'm going to do loads tomorrow. Just to really force me into it. :erm: After 5 papers I should lose my fear of the real thing haha.

:hugs: Good luck with exams and just try to go with the flow with the holiday and try not to think about it now, that's to be dealt with later :console:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know how scary and horrible it is. Stay strong and try to avoid that monster :hugs:

History, I'm taking the A level in one year, so... To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I have the equivalent of 5 papers of essays to do, so I'm going to do loads tomorrow. Just to really force me into it. :erm: After 5 papers I should lose my fear of the real thing haha.

:hugs: Good luck with exams and just try to go with the flow with the holiday and try not to think about it now, that's to be dealt with later :console:
    I didn't do history A level, even bottled out of taking it for GCSE but I've heard its really difficult so you are not alone in feeling overwhelmed but the amount of work you have to do. It is possible though, just keep practising as it really does make perfect Thanks again for the advice. I think I just need to get a grip lol. Good luck with your revision, I'd better get on with mine now, I've avoided it for long enough. :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do history A level, even bottled out of taking it for GCSE but I've heard its really difficult so you are not alone in feeling overwhelmed but the amount of work you have to do. It is possible though, just keep practising as it really does make perfect Thanks again for the advice. I think I just need to get a grip lol. Good luck with your revision, I'd better get on with mine now, I've avoided it for long enough. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/jumphug.gif
    Haha, I do love it, but... This long without an exam in it + in a year + need a B for uni + missed 3 months of lesson doesn't make me feel great.

Good luck with revision - some is better than none :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with A level exams everyone!!!!!!! I have two more exams left then i'm free forever! Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I know how you feel and hope you feel better soon. Sorry I can't really do good replies at the moment. I'm too tired and low. Hate it so much
    Hi, I'm feeling slightly better at the moment, but I dont trust that I will not feel as low as I did last night. Which is why I'm planning to tell my doctor about how I go through spells of just being relatively cheerful to crashing and being utterly miserable as I did last night. I'm just really really scared that one day I won't be able to stop myself from doing something stupid if my condition gets worse.

Thanks though. I really hope that we'll both be better soon. And I hate it too; so, that's why we must both fight it with the hope that one day we'll be able to breathe easily again. Instead of feeling this constricting feeling in our chest (I don't know if you feel this too.. but I do.. all the time).

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haidoreru)
    Hi, I'm feeling slightly better at the moment, but I dont trust that I will not feel as low as I did last night. Which is why I'm planning to tell my doctor about how I go through spells of just being relatively cheerful to crashing and being utterly miserable as I did last night. I'm just really really scared that one day I won't be able to stop myself from doing something stupid if my condition gets worse.

Thanks though. I really hope that we'll both be better soon. And I hate it too; so, that's why we must both fight it with the hope that one day we'll be able to breathe easily again. Instead of feeling this constricting feeling in our chest (I don't know if you feel this too.. but I do.. all the time).

http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif
    :hugs: Try to get some sleep to avoid feeling low again.

ReputationRep:
    I think I am severely depressed. I have an AS exam tomorrow and I don't seem bothered by it, I really really really deperately want to be motivated and bothered but this is so bad that I actually would rather just jump into bed than pass my exams atm. I feel so dizzy and I just cant be bothered anymore its gotten to that point now. I used to be so on top of my work; for example I would have finished my revision for this exam two weeks ago but its just getting ridiculous now and I hate myself so much. I don't think I've ever ever ever ever ever felt this depressed before in my life, I actually feel like dropping out of school and sleeping all day it's that bad. I just cant be asked. I feel like a dead person walking and I haven't smiled in at least a month. Do anti depressants help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    Do anti depressants help
    Yeah, they help a lot of people. It sounds like you should probably be taking them.
    They can take a few weeks to work though and during the first couple of weeks you may get some side effects. Its definitely worth a try though.

Argh I feel too unhappy to do any work or read my book or anything. Damn.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they help a lot of people. It sounds like you should probably be taking them.
    They can take a few weeks to work though and during the first couple of weeks you may get some side effects. Its definitely worth a try though.

Argh I feel too unhappy to do any work or read my book or anything. Damn.
    :hugs: Would you be able to watch TV/a movie? Might take your mind off things :console:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Would you be able to watch TV/a movie? Might take your mind off things :console:
    I cant concentrate to watch anything more than 5-10 mins. I'm getting really frustrated. I just ate quite a bit of chocolate and it hasn't helped.
    What on earth do I have to do to feel vaguely ok? arghh..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif
    I cant concentrate to watch anything more than 5-10 mins. I'm getting really frustrated. I just ate quite a bit of chocolate and it hasn't helped.
    What on earth do I have to do to feel vaguely ok? arghh..

The meds/therapy etc will help, it might take some time but didn't you say that you were noticing a difference? So things will continue to get better :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    I think I am severely depressed. I have an AS exam tomorrow and I don't seem bothered by it, I really really really deperately want to be motivated and bothered but this is so bad that I actually would rather just jump into bed than pass my exams atm. I feel so dizzy and I just cant be bothered anymore its gotten to that point now. I used to be so on top of my work; for example I would have finished my revision for this exam two weeks ago but its just getting ridiculous now and I hate myself so much. I don't think I've ever ever ever ever ever felt this depressed before in my life, I actually feel like dropping out of school and sleeping all day it's that bad. I just cant be asked. I feel like a dead person walking and I haven't smiled in at least a month. Do anti depressants help
    :console: I'm actually in pretty much the same boat. If you just push yourself, then maybe you can just do it. Just think how happy you'll feel when you pass the test with a good grade. I hope you find that motivation eventually. Are you getting help for your depression? Go talk to a doctor if you haven't already. I don't really know about anti-depressants since my doctor refuses to give me them cos of my age, but it's worth a try if you ask, your GP might be different. Good luck

ReputationRep:

The meds/therapy etc will help, it might take some time but didn't you say that you were noticing a difference? So things will continue to get better :console:
    I dunno, I don't think there's been much difference at all, but I'm only day 10 on citalopram so I shouldn't expect to feel better until next week really.
    How're you today?

ReputationRep:
    I had my first CBT session yesterday, to just discuss what the problem is and how we'd go about the CBT. It seemed a lot more positive than the counselling, and I didn't cry once (whereas in the councelling i didn't stop crying!). I'm actually looking forward to next weeks session, and I have homework I get excited about filling things in like this.. have to write down stressful situations and how i dealt with them, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I don't think there's been much difference at all, but I'm only day 10 on citalopram so I shouldn't expect to feel better until next week really.
    How're you today?
    Oh okay, well wait for them to kick in, it's quote common for them to make you feel worse to begin with isn't it? :hugs:

I'm too tired to feel anything haha, just got a lot of work to do today so I'm probably going to have another panic attack tonight. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    I had my first CBT session yesterday, to just discuss what the problem is and how we'd go about the CBT. It seemed a lot more positive than the counselling, and I didn't cry once (whereas in the councelling i didn't stop crying!). I'm actually looking forward to next weeks session, and I have homework I get excited about filling things in like this.. have to write down stressful situations and how i dealt with them, etc.
    Aw thats good news its a step in the right direction. I got a call from the therapy team today, waiting list is still 6months .

Oh got hurt really badly yesterday...I know I shouldn't let people affect me, but it just keeps happening. I would rather hear the truth and get over it than be lead to believe lies to be honest. Again is just confirms the fact that I will never be good enough, no matter what I do. Does anyone else get physically sick when they panic/feel :cry:, I couldn't sleep, heart racing stomach churning...I can't handle this. I know what I want but I just can't have it. ( this probably makes no sense to anyone) and now my revision has been affected! :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Aw thats good news its a step in the right direction. I got a call from the therapy team today, waiting list is still 6months .

Oh got hurt really badly yesterday...I know I shouldn't let people affect me, but it just keeps happening. I would rather hear the truth and get over it than be lead to believe lies to be honest. Again is just confirms the fact that I will never be good enough, no matter what I do. Does anyone else get physically sick when they panic/feel http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/cry.gif, I couldn't sleep, heart racing stomach churning...I can't handle this. I know what I want but I just can't have it. ( this probably makes no sense to anyone) and now my revision has been affected! http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/emo.gif
    No, you ARE good enough, it's the people that keep hurting you that aren't. :jumphug:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.