Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    No, you ARE good enough, it's the people that keep hurting you that aren't. :jumphug:
    Thanks :hugs: I just hate being a magnet for people who want to hurt me, I just don't understand what I have done to deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    Right, so, this is possibly going to be a rant.

I might just be feeling very sensitive and emotionally fragile, but my bf finished his exams today - he's finally done with his degree. As for me, I have to wait till I've completed this essay and hand it in on Monday though.

Anyway, I felt really jealous of him, to be honest. And I hate how I'm feeling. :'( I want to be happy for him and I know I am, but why can't I show it?

He came back to mine after his exams to pick up his stuff so that he could go home, speak to his parents on the phone about his exams and go out to celebrate with his mates. I'm glad that everything has gone well for him; he's worked hard and he's got a high chance of graduating with a good first (yeh, he's super smart :yep: I'm proud of him). I felt really really bad though because just before he left, he looked sad and told me that I was making him feel guilty for finishing his exams earlier than I did. :'( I didn't want to make him feel like that at all! I didn't realise that I was making him feel like that. I told him so and he gave me a hug and he said it's ok and that he would see me tonight as he's planning to come back to mine after his night out.

Now, I'm here, trying to work and type 2,500 words today, but I can't concentrate very well... because I keep self-bashing myself and self-criticising as I should have been very very happy for my bf and should have been able to show it. I just feel that I haven't been that good of a girlfriend lately. It's the least I could do and yet I wasn't able to show him that I was happy for him. :'(

... I wish I could have posted anonymously though as my bf knows my username and he admitted that he's read all of what I've written on this thread... because he's worried about me. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but he's got good intentions though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :console: I'm actually in pretty much the same boat. If you just push yourself, then maybe you can just do it. Just think how happy you'll feel when you pass the test with a good grade. I hope you find that motivation eventually. Are you getting help for your depression? Go talk to a doctor if you haven't already. I don't really know about anti-depressants since my doctor refuses to give me them cos of my age, but it's worth a try if you ask, your GP might be different. Good luck
    Yeah she refuses to give them to me too cos I'm only 17. My problem of not working hard enough is really bad because it's sort of got to the point where everything is going wrong for me - in a sort of dramatic way. Even people at school have realised how dishevelled I am and stuff and now i have 2 weeks until my next exams which I dont think im going to do well in. ffs whats wrong with me, when i was "normal" I used to work 9 weeks before with a "healthy" panic instead of leaving things to the last minute.
    I hate my life so so so so so so much and even after these exams I'm still going to be regretting the fact I haven't done well then I'll be retaking and then I can imagine everyone jumping for joy when they open their grades at the end of yr 13 next year and me seeing that I've got DDD and that Im not going to get into Uni and then people laughing at me because I'll start crying and then my whole life will be mucked up.
    I've got help from a counseller but Im waiting until after exams to resume with this. I just feeling like doing nothing and sleeping for the rest of my life its THAT sort of depression. I just feeling like getting an exam over tomorrow just so I can go home and sleep. I wish I don't have that attitude. I wish I cared more about the exam, than I do about anything else. Arghghghg I hate life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    Yeah she refuses to give them to me too cos I'm only 17. My problem of not working hard enough is really bad because it's sort of got to the point where everything is going wrong for me - in a sort of dramatic way. Even people at school have realised how dishevelled I am and stuff and now i have 2 weeks until my next exams which I dont think im going to do well in. ffs whats wrong with me, when i was "normal" I used to work 9 weeks before with a "healthy" panic instead of leaving things to the last minute.
    I hate my life so so so so so so much and even after these exams I'm still going to be regretting the fact I haven't done well then I'll be retaking and then I can imagine everyone jumping for joy when they open their grades at the end of yr 13 next year and me seeing that I've got DDD and that Im not going to get into Uni and then people laughing at me because I'll start crying and then my whole life will be mucked up.
    I've got help from a counseller but Im waiting until after exams to resume with this. I just feeling like doing nothing and sleeping for the rest of my life its THAT sort of depression. I just feeling like getting an exam over tomorrow just so I can go home and sleep. I wish I don't have that attitude. I wish I cared more about the exam, than I do about anything else. Arghghghg I hate life!
    If it's any consolation, I got quite worse than DDD in my AS's last year :o:. I was so disappointed and ashamed, but just had to forget about them, and try to work harder in new subjects. OK, maybe I'm not the best to advise you since my life is going kinda crap too, but since you are already getting some help, at least that's a step forward. I just hope you can find the motivation to keep going, as hard as it may be, I know. Cheer up :jumphug:

By the way, are you in Year 12 now or Year 13? Also, what subject is it you're doing tomorrow? I've got Philosophy, not easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    If it's any consolation, I got quite worse than DDD in my AS's last year :o:. I was so disappointed and ashamed, but just had to forget about them, and try to work harder in new subjects. OK, maybe I'm not the best to advise you since my life is going kinda crap too, but since you are already getting some help, at least that's a step forward. I just hope you can find the motivation to keep going, as hard as it may be, I know. Cheer up :jumphug:

By the way, are you in Year 12 now or Year 13? Also, what subject is it you're doing tomorrow? I've got Philosophy, not easy
    I'm in Year 12. Do you have to retake the year? What subjects do you do now? Also, what are you looking to study at Uni? Thank you for this motivation I've got German tomorrow, effing hard. I also have an English and 2 Psychology ones coming up I want to die

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    I'm in Year 12. Do you have to retake the year? What subjects do you do now? Also, what are you looking to study at Uni? Thank you for this motivation I've got German tomorrow, effing hard. I also have an English and 2 Psychology ones coming up I want to die
    Last year (Year 12) I was doing Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and Philosophy. I did pretty bad in the two sciences, and wasn't allowed to carry them on, so I changed this year (Year 13) to Media Studies and Textiles, (and carried on the other two I passed), and would have to finish them next year in Year 14 to have a sufficient amount of A Levels. Though, instead of staying on to do the extra year in sixth form, I'm thinking of just leaving school after this year to get a job, especially since I'm not sure I'm going to do well again . My dad's just found me one I might be able to do in Abu Dhabi (he lives and works there right now). If I'm taken on, I may just decide to do it, I'd love the break from education and to get away from this dreary school I've been at for 7 years, and A Levels are such a pain and are really doing my head in right now, lol. It'd be cool just to try something different and see where I go from there .

But I need to at least get through this lot of exams first, fingers crossed for both of us . Good luck in your exams :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, quite a lot of people here are going to have AS and A2 exams coming up. Good luck!!!!

On a positive note, I got through my bout of negativity and tearfulness and made some progress on my essay! :yep:

I should be able to finish it by tomorrow night. Things are looking up already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haidoreru)
    Wow, quite a lot of people here are going to have AS and A2 exams coming up. Good luck!!!!

On a positive note, I got through my bout of negativity and tearfulness and made some progress on my essay! http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yep.gif

I should be able to finish it by tomorrow night. Things are looking up already.
    Thanks, I taking that luck and running :ninja: God knows I'm going to need it :cry:

Well done that's great! I've come to a halt with my work... Considering skiving AGAIN to finish it. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I taking that luck and running :ninja: God knows I'm going to need it :cry:

Well done that's great! I've come to a halt with my work... Considering skiving AGAIN to finish it. :erm:
    I'll send more luck to you! lol. :hugs:

Well, if you think you've done enough work to call it a day, then it's fine; relax and get to bed early.

That doesn't really apply to me though... since my essay is due on Monday and I need to finish it to give me sufficient time to edit it. Good thing I read loads for it so I've got quite a bit to say (well, hopefully, anyway).

I just have to wish that my body would keep up with the amount of work I have to do and hope that I won't fall even more physically sick that I am already (I've got a cold; been sniffling all day).

Vitamin C tablets and Lemsip! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'll send more luck to you! lol. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif

Well, if you think you've done enough work to call it a day, then it's fine; relax and get to bed early.

That doesn't really apply to me though... since my essay is due on Monday and I need to finish it to give me sufficient time to edit it. Good thing I read loads for it so I've got quite a bit to say (well, hopefully, anyway).

I just have to wish that my body would keep up with the amount of work I have to do and hope that I won't fall even more physically sick that I am already (I've got a cold; been sniffling all day).

Vitamin C tablets and Lemsip! http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yep.gif
    Haha thanks. No, I have to finish this work today, I have to :cry2:

Good luck with your work, but it seems like you're doing well!

Haha, I know what you mean about getting ill - my tonsils are attempting to give me hell again. If they're successful they're coming out :dry: At least it is an excuse for ice cream mind you!

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks. No, I have to finish this work today, I have to :cry2:

Good luck with your work, but it seems like you're doing well!

Haha, I know what you mean about getting ill - my tonsils are attempting to give me hell again. If they're successful they're coming out :dry: At least it is an excuse for ice cream mind you!
    I've just had 3 scoops of carte d'or coffee ice cream! :yep: they're totally worth the extra calories and fat.

And aw, :console: , it's ok; you can do this! Just take it slowly; a little bit of work done tonight is better than nothing! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Starting to feel really low - revision, or rather the lack of revision, is getting me down. No matter how much I do, it's never enough and I never finish. I realised today that I really do want to do ancient history at Manchester, but there's no way now that I'll get the grades. So just as always, I'm a failure.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I haven't revised nearly enough for my Philosophy resit tomorrow . I may have to just attempt an (almost) all-nighter revision session tonight. I stay up late anyway so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, I hope. Ah, school is so tiring and annoying, really cannot wait till it's all over in a month :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Starting to feel really low - revision, or rather the lack of revision, is getting me down. No matter how much I do, it's never enough and I never finish. I realised today that I really do want to do ancient history at Manchester, but there's no way now that I'll get the grades. So just as always, I'm a failure.
    Never say never :hugs:

I'm completely failing at work. I've had this sodding piece for the last two weeks and I don't understand what she wants at all despite having seen her and asked her - her advice? Keep it simple. Yeah, that's really useful :rolleyes: Not got a clue what I'm meant to write. 1500 words I could blag, but 500 max and I'm stuck on 150.

ReputationRep:
    my temper seems to have returned. :sigh: Just got a huge nosebleed from getting so angry, and now there are quite a number of deep gashes in the wall :o: Thought I'd left my temper behind, I guess not. Damn.

Stupid psychiatrist was a load of useless ********. Seriously unhappy with her. Least I'm not taking these evil poisons anymore however. woo!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have 1500 words left to write if I want to achieve my goal of finishing half my essay tonight. Ah, it looks like I'm getting to bed during the wee hours of the morning again. :sigh:

I've noticed that people have been talking about work and feeling low because of it. We should persevere! No matter how impossible it seems, we'll eventually get there, if we try to work consistently.

... I feel like I'm just uttering half-truths there. Ah, there's a lot more to just having the perseverance, I think. But at the moment I think it's probably best not to think too much about the impossibility of all our tasks but... focus on completing it slowly but surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    my temper seems to have returned. :sigh: Just got a huge nosebleed from getting so angry, and now there are quite a number of deep gashes in the wall :o: Thought I'd left my temper behind, I guess not. Damn.

Stupid psychiatrist was a load of useless ********. Seriously unhappy with her. Least I'm not taking these evil poisons anymore however. woo!!!
    oh, please calm down and try not to hurt yourself! Try watching something on the internet to alleviate any residual anger and breathe. It's never good to let our emotions get too out of hand.

Maybe you could try to see another psychiatrist if you feel that seeing the current one is not working for you (you might already know this and don't need anyone else to tell you but just thought I should mention it anyway).

ReputationRep:
    I have 1500 words left to write if I want to achieve my goal of finishing half my essay tonight. Ah, it looks like I'm getting to bed during the wee hours of the morning again. :sigh:

I've noticed that people have been talking about work and feeling low because of it. We should persevere! No matter how impossible it seems, we'll eventually get there, if we try to work consistently.

... I feel like I'm just uttering half-truths there. Ah, there's a lot more to just having the perseverance, I think. But at the moment I think it's probably best not to think too much about the impossibility of all our tasks but... focus on completing it slowly but surely?
    Ahh, I wish perseverance worked, I've been trying to write this thing for the last fortnight! I feel so dumb - the question is so simple. "Discuss the difference between plot, story and narrative'.

ReputationRep:
    I wished I never went to university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don't Lets Start)
    I wished I never went to university.
    Why? Course or people? :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.