Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I only have 2.5 minutes left on TSR before it gets blocked for revision, so I'll come back and fully read that when my computer let's me back on but for now: :jumphugs: and he's only trying to look out for you because he cares but if you'd still rather be anonymous, why not make another account ?
    Nah, he called me earlier (partly to wake me up as well so that I could start my day and work on my essay); he was trying to cheer me up by giving me little hints of what he's got planned for my birthday and post-essay celebration. I also told him that I wasn't comfortable with him reading the stuff I post on here and he said that he understood that I needed my own private space. So, yeah... I trust him so I guess he won't try to read my posts here anymore. He knows how important it is that I have my own space especially when I'm so depressive.

Thanks for using up your 2.5 minutes in replying to my post though! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haidoreru)
    Nah, he called me earlier (partly to wake me up as well so that I could start my day and work on my essay); he was trying to cheer me up by giving me little hints of what he's got planned for my birthday and post-essay celebration. I also told him that I wasn't comfortable with him reading the stuff I post on here and he said that he understood that I needed my own private space. So, yeah... I trust him so I guess he won't try to read my posts here anymore. He knows how important it is that I have my own space especially when I'm so depressive.

Thanks for using up your 2.5 minutes in replying to my post though! :O
    I did have more to write, but had 2 seconds left haha. I get 10 minutes every hour, but I keep missing my hours :rolleyes:

That's great, he sounds like he cares for you a lot :yep: Do you feel any better having spoken to him?

ReputationRep:
    I did have more to write, but had 2 seconds left haha. I get 10 minutes every hour, but I keep missing my hours :rolleyes:

That's great, he sounds like he cares for you a lot :yep: Do you feel any better having spoken to him?
    Oh, I think that's a great idea; having a 10-minute break every hour. I might do that myself.

Well, yes, I did feel better after speaking to him; although I've been thinking to myself lately that I must be more independent and not rely on him supporting me all the time. If I have to get better, I must learn to hold myself together on my own and not depend on someone to do it for me.

At the moment, I'm just doubting if I can really cope without anyone's help.. :unsure: I've been struggling so much lately to deal with my inner demons, you could say, that I really feel like I want to give up.

Yeah, I must live on though; I can't imagine the pain I would have caused to my bf and my family and close friends if I... decide to take my own life in a moment of madness.

My bf told me once before that every time he comes over to mine and enters my room, he's almost very afraid of finding me on the floor, bleeding, and he said he probably wouldn't be able to live if I... died. :bawling: that really broke my heart because I really wouldn't want to hurt him ever.

yep. so, I shouldn't dwell on this and try to focus currently on my essay and also keep my eye trained on the good things to come in the future. yep, this will be the best course of action.

ReputationRep:
    I've nevr felt so low in my whole life. Have you ever felt so low you just couldnt give a damn about anything, and where you just havent smiled for ages? I feel this way so badly that I have no energy and I feel like my legs are limp, plus if I try to sleep and go to bed I cant feel relaxed knowing how REALLY bad I did in my exam(U grade worthy); I feel like one of those stupid guys who dont give a hell about their future or career, I think I may be under severe depression, this just isn't me. I can't take it anymore

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I think that's a great idea; having a 10-minute break every hour. I might do that myself.
    If you have Firefox, LeechBlock forces you to (and CherryCherryBoomBoom said there's StayFocusd for Chrome).

Well, yes, I did feel better after speaking to him; although I've been thinking to myself lately that I must be more independent and not rely on him supporting me all the time. If I have to get better, I must learn to hold myself together on my own and not depend on someone to do it for me.

At the moment, I'm just doubting if I can really cope without anyone's help.. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ies/unsure.gif I've been struggling so much lately to deal with my inner demons, you could say, that I really feel like I want to give up.

Yeah, I must live on though; I can't imagine the pain I would have caused to my bf and my family and close friends if I... decide to take my own life in a moment of madness.
    :hugs: It's great that he's being supportive :yep:

Things are going to improve and get better and then you'll look back on now and be grateful for the support of your friends, family and boyfriend and see how strong you were to get through this and how great things turned out.

My bf told me once before that every time he comes over to mine and enters my room, he's almost very afraid of finding me on the floor, bleeding, and he said he probably wouldn't be able to live if I... died. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/bawling.gif that really broke my heart because I really wouldn't want to hurt him ever.

yep. so, I shouldn't dwell on this and try to focus currently on my essay and also keep my eye trained on the good things to come in the future. yep, this will be the best course of action.
    :console: Sounds like a good idea :yep:

----

It's been an oddly good day. Haven't done as much work as I need to, but I'm carrying on and pretending that the exam is a long time away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    I've nevr felt so low in my whole life. Have you ever felt so low you just couldnt give a damn about anything, and where you just havent smiled for ages? I feel this way so badly that I have no energy and I feel like my legs are limp, plus if I try to sleep and go to bed I cant feel relaxed knowing how REALLY bad I did in my exam(U grade worthy); I feel like one of those stupid guys who dont give a hell about their future or career, I think I may be under severe depression, this just isn't me. I can't take it anymore
    :hugs: Try not to dwell on it now, you just have to wait and see. Exams aren't everything and there's always a chance to improve on things.

And yeah, I feel all of those things most days, but things will improve for both of us.

----------------

My loss of appetite is a a record high and although I'm forcing myself to eat I know, and the scales know, that it's nowhere near where it should be. I've already lost quite a bit of weight, but thankfully that was the weight I'd put on when I had a massive appetite, so I'm safe for now. I don't think this yo-yoing in weight is good for my body or my mind though, I know that my concentration is already even worse than normal.

ReputationRep:
    Good driving lesson :yy: Got some work done :yy: Making myself eat tea (initially I said to my mum I'd eat it later with the intention of 'not getting round to it' but have decided to go for it) :yy: Weekend tomorrow? :yy:

Still feeling **** about my birthday though. Think it might be hormones... :grr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Good driving lesson :yy: Got some work done :yy: Making myself eat tea (initially I said to my mum I'd eat it later with the intention of 'not getting round to it' but have decided to go for it) :yy: Weekend tomorrow? :yy:

Still feeling **** about my birthday though. Think it might be hormones... :grr:
    Know the feeling. When I turned 21 I felt really **** about it. Proper adult and all that, ie old and I wasted my whole youth.

I'm glad other stuff is going ok for you.

I just worked out I'm 2inches shorter than I thought I was (yes, I'm a retard), this puts my bmi dangerously close to the "obese" category. Had to turn my mp3 player up well loud today wearing shorts when I went for a walk, to block out the omg so huge comments.

Halved the dose of the poison that did this to me so hopefully soon it'll go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)

:hugs: Sounds like you're having a good time of it, I'm glad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I just worked out I'm 2inches shorter than I thought I was (yes, I'm a retard), this puts my bmi dangerously close to the "obese" category. Had to turn my mp3 player up well loud today wearing shorts when I went for a walk, to block out the omg so huge comments.

Halved the dose of the poison that did this to me so hopefully soon it'll go.
    :hugs: I'm not really in a decent state of mind to give any advice (as in, nothing I write is making any sense and writing a sentence that makes sense is unbelievably hard :rolleyes:) but just ignore other people if they really were saying that. They're just idiots and have their own issues. I especially hate people like that.

Also, judging from my Dad (who's recently crept into the obese category), but it doesn't look that bad. I know I sound very hypocritical, given my body image issues, but just try to forget about it and (Okay my brain is literally yelling at me to stop making it work so hard it really does not like joining things together, but...) just focus on yourself and your mind and making your mental health better and taking it easy.

---

You'd think I'd just sat a very hard chemistry exam the way my my mind feels right now, doesn't bode well for that essay I have to have to have to! write. :cry2:

Putting my thoughts into actual words is not happening very well today :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I dunno if the idea has been floated before, but what would everyone think of a depsoc meet?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I've not seen you before. :wavey: I don't post a lot any more, nor do I read depsoc as frequently as I used to, but I just thought I'd say I read your last two posts and I sympathise. If you ever want anyone to chat to who'll listen, you're welcome to PM me. :hugs:

(Hope everyone else's doing alright too. At the moment I can't quite muster the energy to read the last twenty pages and see who's around - sorry!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    I've not seen you before. :wavey: I don't post a lot any more, nor do I read depsoc as frequently as I used to, but I just thought I'd say I read your last two posts and I sympathise. If you ever want anyone to chat to who'll listen, you're welcome to PM me. :hugs:

(Hope everyone else's doing alright too. At the moment I can't quite muster the energy to read the last twenty pages and see who's around - sorry!)
    Hi! Yea, I'm new here. Just realised that a thread like this existed on TSR a few days ago?

Oh thank you! Well, I don't know if I could help much too, but should you ever need someone to talk to, just PM me too!

:hugs: I don't know who you are but I hope you're well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Hi guys, I dunno if the idea has been floated before, but what would everyone think of a depsoc meet?
    I think this is a great idea! But... I'm not very good with meeting new people. :shy2:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I'm not really in a decent state of mind to give any advice (as in, nothing I write is making any sense and writing a sentence that makes sense is unbelievably hard :rolleyes:) but just ignore other people if they really were saying that. They're just idiots and have their own issues. I especially hate people like that.

Also, judging from my Dad (who's recently crept into the obese category), but it doesn't look that bad. I know I sound very hypocritical, given my body image issues, but just try to forget about it and (Okay my brain is literally yelling at me to stop making it work so hard it really does not like joining things together, but...) just focus on yourself and your mind and making your mental health better and taking it easy.

---

You'd think I'd just sat a very hard chemistry exam the way my my mind feels right now, doesn't bode well for that essay I have to have to have to! write. :cry2:

Putting my thoughts into actual words is not happening very well today :rolleyes:
    Thanks. I mean yeah I'm trying not to focus on it too much, just it's really hard not to notice. Just hoping that stopping the drug that caused it will help.

I know that feeling, probably a bit late for this but perhaps try to take it easy for a bit have an early night and don't put too much pressure on yourself with revision etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Thanks. I mean yeah I'm trying not to focus on it too much, just it's really hard not to notice. Just hoping that stopping the drug that caused it will help.

I know that feeling, probably a bit late for this but perhaps try to take it easy for a bit have an early night and don't put too much pressure on yourself with revision etc.
    Try to focus on other things to keep you busy for a while, so that you don't notice it if that makes sense?

Haha, well I'm hiding offline right now, an early night is not happening, I stopped working at about 6pm and have a lot of work to do now. :sigh: I have to work, there's just not enough time left.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, nice idea. I wouldn't mind that, everyone seems really nice in here . I approve this idea :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I shall stroke my beard whilst pondering for a bit and get back to you...

I imagine logistics are going to be a nightmare, we're all over the country...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    I shall stroke my beard whilst pondering for a bit and get back to you...

I imagine logistics are going to be a nightmare, we're all over the country...
    Yeah, but TSR meets are generally quite successful. As long as we hold it somewhere central, it should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see the will to go on anymore. Nothing is making me happy at all. I just dont see the point of anything, whats the point of doing exams and going to Uni when you're just going to settle into a regular Uni routine? People just overhype it I bet. I dont see the point in anything and I cant be bothered anymore. Whats the point of trying? Theres times when I've worked hard and been pessimistic and got good results, but other times when I haven't worked hard enough but I've been optimistic I've got **** grades. Why cant I have both?
    I cant even get out of bed in the mornings and my exams are 2 weeks away, I have never felt so unmotivated in my life. My legs feel weak and like jelly and I just cant be asked anymore. I have not one ounce of energy and I hate my life so much!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.