Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    Im fed up of feeling like complete crap all the time and not having enough energy to do anything. I used to be so motivated but now im just so lazy and tired. I struggle to even keep my own room clean (full of paper!) I dont want to feel likethis anymore i want to be confident again but ive been knocked down so many times (especially last year) *sigh*
    :hugs: Why not try to get some sleep now if possible, being tired isn't going to help your mood. I know exactly what you mean about not having the energy to do anything and not longer feeling motivated, but you will feel like that again, right now what's most important is you looking after yourself and working on getting that bit better so that you can do the work etc.

My room is also full of paper, and I struggle to find the point in doing even the most basic of things, but I know that things will improve soon, as they will for you. :console: You will be confident again, you may have to work at it a bit, but you will be.

ReputationRep:
    Im fed up of feeling like complete crap all the time and not having enough energy to do anything. I used to be so motivated but now im just so lazy and tired. I struggle to even keep my own room clean (full of paper!) I dont want to feel likethis anymore i want to be confident again but ive been knocked down so many times (especially last year) *sigh*
    Hello. I think it's alright getting knocked down sometimes, but what really matters is we pick ourselves up again even though it may seem particularly difficult at the time; we just have to do it, even if we do so crying or feeling sad or empty. We just have to believe that there is something in both the present and the future for us. :yep:

That said, I do have my bouts of depression where I just don't feel like / am rendered incapable of doing anything because I would have been crying, but hey that's what we're here for.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    I've not slept....:sleep:

I must persevere with this essay! I will hand it in tomorrow and be done with my degree! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Ugh.
    What's the matter? :console:

(Original post by haidoreru)
    I've not slept....:sleep:

I must persevere with this essay! I will hand it in tomorrow and be done with my degree! :woo:
    Wow, good luck finishing it and the enjoy getting lots of sleep haha :yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    What's the matter? :console:
    I felt the worst I've felt in a long time last night, and I'm not really sure why. I'm okay now though. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Well you'll be that motivated again once you've got through this. Trying to go through the motions with revision does help, as does getting rid of distractions (haha, obvious basic stuff but I find myself procrastinating a lot more than normal recently). You can get through this and still get good grades :yep:
    Really? I dont wanna still be depressed even afterwards either, cos I dont want my summer to be boring!

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Why not try to get some sleep now if possible, being tired isn't going to help your mood. I know exactly what you mean about not having the energy to do anything and not longer feeling motivated, but you will feel like that again, right now what's most important is you looking after yourself and working on getting that bit better so that you can do the work etc.

My room is also full of paper, and I struggle to find the point in doing even the most basic of things, but I know that things will improve soon, as they will for you. :console: You will be confident again, you may have to work at it a bit, but you will be.
    Thank you, the last two weeks have just been particularly bad but i do feel a bit better today . It just sucks because i didnt used to be like this and just tired of feeling like this but yeah i understand what you mean, things will be better. Me too the only thing can get me through tasks is music. On the positive side in a few weeks time our exams will be over.
    (Original post by haidoreru)
    Hello. I think it's alright getting knocked down sometimes, but what really matters is we pick ourselves up again even though it may seem particularly difficult at the time; we just have to do it, even if we do so crying or feeling sad or empty. We just have to believe that there is something in both the present and the future for us. :yep:

That said, I do have my bouts of depression where I just don't feel like / am rendered incapable of doing anything because I would have been crying, but hey that's what we're here for.
    Thanx. I usually feel sad, empty and on the verge of crying but i can never seem to cry for some reason its really strange but when i do cry its usually over silly things like a sad movie... I always think its best to cry and let it out.

Hope you guys are coping okay today

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, the last two weeks have just been particularly bad but i do feel a bit better today . It just sucks because i didnt used to be like this and just tired of feeling like this but yeah i understand what you mean, things will be better. Me too the only thing can get me through tasks is music. On the positive side in a few weeks time our exams will be over.

Thanx. I usually feel sad, empty and on the verge of crying but i can never seem to cry for some reason its really strange but when i do cry its usually over silly things like a sad movie... I always think its best to cry and let it out.

Well, I wish I cry a lot less often, to be honest.:o: I cry so easily. :rolleyes:

And thanks.

I hope everyone is coping well today too!

ReputationRep:
    I've been getting better, now taking the medication every other day instead of every day. The sun helps so much.
    Haven't cried properly since Thursday.

Today is a bad bad day though. Hope everyone's enjoying the sun.. I need to stop wallowing in self-pity aha.

well had a bit of a **** week to be honest!
    it was my birthday, that was ok even thought i was turning 33! :eek:
    but not too sure right now about my marriage :confused:
    think the only really good thing this week was gettting a new kitten who has really lightened my mood when i paly with him :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    I felt the worst I've felt in a long time last night, and I'm not really sure why. I'm okay now though. Thanks.
    :hugs: Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

(Original post by Superstar6318)
    Really? I dont wanna still be depressed even afterwards either, cos I dont want my summer to be boring!
    :console: Sorry, I'm not sure if you've already said, but have you seen a GP/are you getting any help? Because that will kick in, it might take a few tries but it will help :yep:

Well if something helps you do the work, then at least you can try to get some done. And yeah, not long before we can sleep all day! :woo: That's the main thing getting me through my last night study sessions.

---

So, was outside for a whole 4 hours today, applying factor 50 every hour of course. I don't feel better for it, I'm just dehydrated. I plan on getting slightly tipsy and trying to finish this revision now. I can not wait until I can sleep at normal hours again or at least get enough sleep. For some reason, I work best between 11pm and 4am :erm: So I'm tried all the time but I have to finish this...

ReputationRep:
    So, was outside for a whole 4 hours today, applying factor 50 every hour of course. I don't feel better for it, I'm just dehydrated. I plan on getting slightly tipsy and trying to finish this revision now. I can not wait until I can sleep at normal hours again or at least get enough sleep. For some reason, I work best between 11pm and 4am :erm: So I'm tried all the time but I have to finish this...
    Drink loads of water (not too much though) trust me it helps a lot

omg i wish i was like that. I can never revise at that time, personally i think thats the best time because its really quiet and you can concentrate more. I can only revise in the morning and before 8pm. But i find i hard to get out of bed and actually start so i end up losing quite a bit of revision time.

ReputationRep:
    Drink loads of water (not too much though) trust me it helps a lot

omg i wish i was like that. I can never revise at that time, personally i think thats the best time because its really quiet and you can concentrate more. I can only revise in the morning and before 8pm. But i find i hard to get out of bed and actually start so i end up losing quite a bit of revision time.
    I am drinking some now, but I need to get on with work - so annoying.

Well at that time it means that I can't procrastinate - TV will wake up my parents, TSR is pretty dead, no one is on Facebook etc. That and I have trouble getting to sleep, so it just fits.

ReputationRep:
    People outside my window have a huge fire going. I'm so jealous. I just want to run out there, grab a huge stick and start poking it. I think they might not appreciate me there however.

Managed 45minutes total revision on friday and nothing since. Woo I'm going to fail. Again.
    Feeling ever so slightly less suicidal today, still see little point in anything.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid cold and headache is making me feel even more crap than I usually do

FML :emo:

ReputationRep:
    FMFFFFFFFFFL! I feel like I'm having a break down! Exams are finally over for me and I'm in the worst state I have been for a long time. :cry: I hate this, I hate everything I just want to die! I don't want to be here anymore I dont. I can't do this...I don't know what to do...how to make things better...how to...how to get my life back on track, I just don't know what to do. I give and give and give and yet all I get is abuse. Even as a child I was never a bad person but yet people just wanted to hurt me. Why? What did I do? I can't take this anymore :cry: I'm going to go for a walk by the Strand, hopfully the tide will be high enough for me to down myself. FMFL! :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    FMFFFFFFFFFL! I feel like I'm having a break down! Exams are finally over for me and I'm in the worst state I have been for a long time. :cry: I hate this, I hate everything I just want to die! I don't want to be here anymore I dont. I can't do this...I don't know what to do...how to make things better...how to...how to get my life back on track, I just don't know what to do. I give and give and give and yet all I get is abuse. Even as a child I was never a bad person but yet people just wanted to hurt me. Why? What did I do? I can't take this anymore :cry: I'm going to go for a walk by the Strand, hopfully the tide will be high enough for me to down myself. FMFL! :cry:
    :hugs: Not all people are like that and you'll find people who deserve to be friends with you soon enough :console:4

Things will improve, nothing ever stays awful for ever. Please think of the people who do care for you and love you :jumphug:

-----

I finally asked my school if I can tell unis what's been going on... Doing that tomorrow I'm really nervous about my exam on Wednesday, I did manage to do a past paper today (and gave up after that), but that was on the stuff that I didn't self teach. I think I'm going to get a cup of tea, a bowl of icing sugar (it's the only sugary thing we have in the house and I don't care ) and try to work on revision and not cry.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone worry about the future? Just like when this will all stop being a problem, and when you'll feel fine again... And if that'll be too late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Does anyone worry about the future? Just like when this will all stop being a problem, and when you'll feel fine again... And if that'll be too late?
    Yes all the time. I see myself being 40, childless, lonely and on government handouts because I won't have a job and I'll have failed uni. If that's really the case, this whole thing...it's totally not worth it.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.