Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Yes all the time. I see myself being 40, childless, lonely and on government handouts because I won't have a job and I'll have failed uni. If that's really the case, this whole thing...it's totally not worth it.
    Same... rather bleak, isn't it? Sigh.

Got a birthday card from my Dad through the post today (the envelope has his name on the back) - wish he was here instead. My mum told me yesterday that the Insurgence tried to shoot rockets into the the camp where he is... Thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    Have to see my counsellor again tomorrow :erm: Had a bit of a crappy day and my mum isn't making it easy. Was really tempted to do something stupid last night and on the way home today

ReputationRep:
    Guess my loss of appetite is more severe than I thought - I've had cramping in my feet all day :erm:

Feeling really low I guess about my exam, I'm expecting failure but just feel that I've let myself down, as ever.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.
    Not sure how I officially join this society... hope I'm not doing anything wrong here.

Things have been pretty bad recently. Not much I'd really want to say without being anonymous. Saw a doctor today, have been prescribed Fluoxetine but it looks pretty horrible from reading its possible side effects on Wikipedia. Don't really want to take it but I'm going to do so just to appease my mum more than anything. The doctor also told me I should organise some appointments to talk to someone at the local surgery about things but it was hard enough to admit my feelings to her as it was. I said I didn't want to talk to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cymraesfach)
    Hi everyone.
    Not sure how I officially join this society... hope I'm not doing anything wrong here.

Things have been pretty bad recently. Not much I'd really want to say without being anonymous. Saw a doctor today, have been prescribed Fluoxetine but it looks pretty horrible from reading its possible side effects on Wikipedia. Don't really want to take it but I'm going to do so just to appease my mum more than anything. The doctor also told me I should organise some appointments to talk to someone at the local surgery about things but it was hard enough to admit my feelings to her as it was. I said I didn't want to talk to anyone.
    :hugs:

You may not get any side effects, they just have to list all of the ones reported to them for health and safety or whatever and as the guys on this thread will tell you, there are loads out there to try if you don't get along with this one.

Do consider talking therapy, I did turn it down for depression (but I've been referred elsewhere anyway), but I've had talking therapy for another problem and it really does help. Yes, you have to be honest with them but they're used to people not being open so over the first few sessions you'd just be getting to know and trust them :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'm feeling lower now. Guess my good streak couldn't last forever...

Possibly triggering (eating disorder)

I'm so tempted to not do anything about my loss of appetite, because then my ED will be triggered and it's a way out, because if I allow it to it will eventually kill me.

I know I shouldn't think like this and even earlier when I was still having a good day I had to stop myself walking in front of a lorry on the way home from sixth form. I didn't even think about doing it I just wanted to so...

I also know that my parents still have the sleeping pills I bought and I know where they are, the only thing stopping me is how it'd affect my family but knowing where they are means that if I momentarily feel so low I don't care about that...

And my doctor's doing **** all about me now, so I don;t think this will ever change. :cry:

Okay, so I'm feeling worse than I thought and I only have one more day to revise for my exam and I need all that time. Need to just stay strong for 48 hours :erm:

ReputationRep:
    OMG, why do I have a dumbass cold in the freaking summer?! I can't even taste this lolly properly It's just one thing after another :rolleyes: Let's hope it's mostly gone before my exam tomorrow :sigh: More late night revision for me though.

Feeling like **** today, Mum has suspected DVT, grandad needs an operation, I can't revise, by own boyfriend didn;'t say night to me after barely talking all day. I don;t know what I want to do; curl up in bed maybe? Will that do anything?

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Feeling like **** today, Mum has suspected DVT, grandad needs an operation, I can't revise, by own boyfriend didn;'t say night to me after barely talking all day. I don;t know what I want to do; curl up in bed maybe? Will that do anything?

:cry:
    :hugs: Get an early night and remember that most operations go absolutely fine and that doctors know what they doing and knowing if you have a condition and getting it treated is a million times better than not knowing.

As for the boyfriend stuff, let him cool off etc - he's not going to ignore you forever :console:

Getting an early night would be an idea. :yep:

----

I'm going to have to stop replying to as many of these comments as possible, I'm not in the greatest place to be doing so at the moment and have a similar situation with my friends but I hate the thought of all of you having to wait for an answer and I'm always online, so...

Meh, you can all just get a generic reply from me then haha. Yes, I'm beyond weird.

ReputationRep:
    Not having the best day, going to bed soon so it will be over. When I'm really stressed my legs get itchy - probably completely psychological - but I've managed to tear them to shreads tonight, bleeding shins

I don't know what it is, I managed to get out of bed, I just didn't want to get ready or go out, but I was bored. I just had no energy to do anything, I couldn't be bothered. Doesn't help that my boyfriend is away for a few days and uber busy with work so don't get to talk to him much. Wish I had friends

ReputationRep:
    I'm just gonna curl up and go to sleep now. Sigh :nothing:

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: Get an early night and remember that most operations go absolutely fine and that doctors know what they doing and knowing if you have a condition and getting it treated is a million times better than not knowing.

As for the boyfriend stuff, let him cool off etc - he's not going to ignore you forever :console:

Getting an early night would be an idea. :yep:

----

I'm going to have to stop replying to as many of these comments as possible, I'm not in the greatest place to be doing so at the moment and have a similar situation with my friends but I hate the thought of all of you having to wait for an answer and I'm always online, so...

Meh, you can all just get a generic reply from me then haha. Yes, I'm beyond weird.
    I might do. Need to catch up on work somehow. Thats 2 days behind now.
    I'm still worried about them though :erm:

The bf isn't ignoring me as such, I text him saying I'd quite like a goodnight coz he just went without saying hello or anything which isn't like him; he always says night regardless.

And tbh your better at giving advice than others not suffernig coz you can relate to how it feels :sadnod: :hugs:

Just done some minor retail therapy, brought some green headphones to match my green iPod, as my headphones have packed in. Not that I can afford them but oh well.
    I think you should get an early night as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I might do. Need to catch up on work somehow. Thats 2 days behind now.
    I'm still worried about them though :erm:

The bf isn't ignoring me as such, I text him saying I'd quite like a goodnight coz he just went without saying hello or anything which isn't like him; he always says night regardless.

And tbh your better at giving advice than others not suffernig coz you can relate to how it feels :sadnod: :hugs:

Just done some minor retail therapy, brought some green headphones to match my green iPod, as my headphones have packed in. Not that I can afford them but oh well.
    I think you should get an early night as well.
    I'm worried about my exams too I think, but we'll just get through it, after all, they're coming whether we like it or not. I'm more worried about telling Manchester/Cardiff what's been going on TBH, I feel like I'll be trying to play the pity card to get a place if I miss the grades, but...

You don't know why he didn't do that, his phone may have died or something so don't worry :hugs:

Haha. It's just I have 2 or 3 friends that I'm trying to support right now whilst needing support myself and everything I tell them is hypocritical. :erm:

I'll go to bed after reading through 11 of my flashcards, so should be asleep (well listening to very loud music) by midnight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: Not all people are like that and you'll find people who deserve to be friends with you soon enough :console:4

Things will improve, nothing ever stays awful for ever. Please think of the people who do care for you and love you :jumphug:

-----

I finally asked my school if I can tell unis what's been going on... Doing that tomorrow I'm really nervous about my exam on Wednesday, I did manage to do a past paper today (and gave up after that), but that was on the stuff that I didn't self teach. I think I'm going to get a cup of tea, a bowl of icing sugar (it's the only sugary thing we have in the house and I don't care ) and try to work on revision and not cry.
    Sorry about my emotional explosion. I really do need to get a grip of myself and not let the smallest of things get to me, its physically destorying me. I need to snap out of it, people are going through worse. Heard some bad news about a friend of my sister's...made me realise how selfish I'm being

Good that you managed to do a past paper today its progress and it will help you to become familiar with style of questioning. :hugs: you will be ok just try to keep focused on the fact that it will all be over soon, its what got me through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Does anyone worry about the future? Just like when this will all stop being a problem, and when you'll feel fine again... And if that'll be too late?
    Yep. Had this discussion with my friend today, I don't know how I will survive to be honest. I can imagine myself being like the delusional cat lady in the Simpsons :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I have an exam in an hour and i'm freaking out, not cos of anything in particular, not even the exam, I'm just about ready to cry and idk why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Can I join this thread?

Depression defines me :nothing: ******* worthlessness and low self-esteem. 4 years to be exact. It's worse at night, I have dark thoughts at night ...

Anti-depressants [Prozac and Lexa-whatever] actually had a worse effect on me.
    OFC you can, we don't charge for membership (yet, OMG what an awesome idea :p: )

:hugs: Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Do you want to tell us a little about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Sorry about my emotional explosion. I really do need to get a grip of myself and not let the smallest of things get to me, its physically destorying me. I need to snap out of it, people are going through worse. Heard some bad news about a friend of my sister's...made me realise how selfish I'm being

Good that you managed to do a past paper today its progress and it will help you to become familiar with style of questioning. :hugs: you will be ok just try to keep focused on the fact that it will all be over soon, its what got me through.
    :hugs: I just hope you're feeling better :console:

I feel okay about the essays it's just knowing the stuff that worries me :erm: Going to do a load of revision now and then a past paper and then try to get an early night :erm: The exam's tomorrow and I'm not feeling great about it.

---

My school's sending a letter to unis today about how I've missed loads of school due to depression and can they please consider that later on. That wasn't the angle that I said when I asked about doing it, but they're also asking about student welfare stuff. :erm: Feels really... Cheaty (I know that's not a word haha).

Oh well, back to trying to get the grades :work: :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    At what point should one think about medication?

And this thread seems to be devoid of male influence, I'm intimidated! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    My life is absolutely ****. :p:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I don't show it. What happened, I can't say so publicly, it will just make me feel worse. I'm always looking at the past, brooding on embarassing things, pulling myself further and further down. It's like a pit of low confidence and seemingly void of any happiness.

I look extremely pessmistically at my future. I can't even begin to describe it. :o:

What about you?
    Join the club... :yy:

I turn twenty tomorrow and I'm dreading it, I miss my Dad like crazy and it feels like an age since he went but it's only been 24 days, not even a month. I want him home tomorrow. One thing I can't have :sad: I can't imagine turning 40, I honestly don't think I'll be around by then. I have no self confidence and hate the way I look. I feel totally out of control. Had a panic attack on the way to college this morning and looked a right tit spazzing out by the train station :yy: And I've just stuffed 6 pieces of Dominoes down my gob and I feel soooooo sick! I've had period pains all day and the paracetamol I've been continuously taking keeps wearing off before the four hours 'time' is up (but hopefully they should be ok by tomorrow). We were talking about lots of sensitive stuff in Psych today - S/H, 'abnormality', failing to function adequately and it just kept pushing it right to the forefront of my mind how I'm really not getting any better. It worries me that if this is what I feel like in my lessons now which are *really* basic how the **** will I cope later on in my degree?!

:o: Oops. Sorry

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.