Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dux)
    At what point should one think about medication?

And this thread seems to be devoid of male influence, I'm intimidated! :p:
    I don't really know, but you could try asking. I asked recently, but they refused because they feel I'm too young at 18 to be using ADs, so they're trying me on counselling first. I hope you find the right treatment for you

ReputationRep:
    For the past week all I've done is watch cartoons on the internet. When I'm not doing that I sit crying and thinking about suicide. Tried revising this morning and ended up crying and hiding under my covers. The worst thing is that nothing is ever going to get any better. Why am I dragging this out? :cry:

ReputationRep:
    My legs are covered in scratches. It's been ages since I did that. The stress of this exam if getting to me so much. I probably won't get the grade in it I need (although if I get a B in the other modules I can get away with a D, I'm just not sure I'll have much more than 5 lines to write... I really hope everything comes back to me as I start to write).

Just makes me feel even more like a failure and knowing that those pills are just a few metres away... I've spent the past hour or so just lying really still, not trusting me to move.

I feel a little better now - as much as I won't enjoy it at first, a year out/resitting year 13 might be what I need to sort out my mental health. However, if I do get into uni, I'm going.

Right I should get an early night and prepare for not be able to write anything tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I don't really know, but you could try asking. I asked recently, but they refused because they feel I'm too young at 18 to be using ADs, so they're trying me on counselling first. I hope you find the right treatment for you
    Hmmm. Thanks.

If you're too young then so am I!

I just personally don't fancy the idea of counselling...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    My legs are covered in scratches. It's been ages since I did that. The stress of this exam if getting to me so much. I probably won't get the grade in it I need (although if I get a B in the other modules I can get away with a D, I'm just not sure I'll have much more than 5 lines to write... I really hope everything comes back to me as I start to revise).

Just makes me feel even more like a failure and knowing that those pills are just a few metres away... I've spent the past hour or so just lying really still, not trusting me to move.

I feel a little better now - as much as I won't enjoy it at first, a year out/resitting year 13 might be what I need to sort out my mental health. However, if I do get into uni, I'm going.

Right I should get an early night and prepare for not be able to write anything tomorrow...
    Try your best. You might surprise yourself, I've gone into so many exams thinknig I know nothing then just written whatever comes into my head and done ok. You're right about the year out it might really help you get your head/feelings sorted out, trust me, uni when you feel like **** is no fun.

(Original post by The Dux)
    Hmmm. Thanks.

If you're too young then so am I!

I just personally don't fancy the idea of counselling...
    Depends on the doctor you see. Mine had no problem giving me antidepressants at 18.

I realised today that I may've ****** up my future completely, everything I've worked for gone in an hour and a half. I will never forgive myself. I just want to curl up into a ball and die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I realised today that I may've ****** up my future completely, everything I've worked for gone in an hour and a half. I will never forgive myself. I just want to curl up into a ball and die.
    :hugs: Exam? Worry about that on results day, you can't change it any more (ehh, crap advice, sorry).

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :hugs: Exam? Worry about that on results day, you can't change it any more (ehh, crap advice, sorry).
    Yea exam. But I've seen some model answers and I got like nothing right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Yea exam. But I've seen some model answers and I got like nothing right.
    Model answers for the question that was there today? Already?! You really don't know until August, don't focus on it. :hugs:

Model answers for the question that was there today? Already?! You really don't know until August, don't focus on it. :hugs:
    Yea, its maths. People always post them the day after/ few hours after if its a UK exam board.

That exam was the difference between me doing the degree I wanted, and doing a different one I don't really want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Yea, its maths. People always post them the day after/ few hours after if its a UK exam board.

That exam was the difference between me doing the degree I wanted, and doing a different one I don't really want to do.
    Ah, ok. I still remain convinced that you can't get worried about it til August rolls around. What's the other course? There's always Clearing, and you never know, if you do drop a grade they may still take you. :hugs:

Ah, ok. I still remain convinced that you can't get worried about it til August rolls around. What's the other course? There's always Clearing, and you never know, if you do drop a grade they may still take you. :hugs:
    I don't know yet, whatever is in clearing. Not sure if they;d take me on though coz this is my 3rd year of A levels, although Ive had problems with moving about and that, and they can see that on my UCAS form. Not seen my reference though :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I reckon my results are gonna turn out crap again this year :nothing:. I made no effort on my Media coursework, due to lack of inspiration and getting people to help me, so I ended up submitting bare crap. I haven't been trying 100% on my Textiles work either, it's probably worse than my GCSE work. I'm not sure I revised enough for my Philosophy exams, I just had my second one and I think I did crap in both. I'm such a bloody failure :sigh:. I'm not sure I can stand doing Year 14 at this rate, sixth form is actually killing me. The only subject I seem to be doing half decent in is English Lit, and at the end of this school year it'll be the only full A Level I'll have, along with a string of crappy AS grades. I can't stand this :cry:.

I may just stop all this crappy education after this year though. My dad currently lives and works in the UAE, and the other day he called me up as he's found a possible job for me there, something to do with designing and advertising. I've got to fly over there after exams to speak with the guy and show my art work and stuff. And my dad said I may be able to move over there to work for at least a year. I am strongly considering this. The work might be paid, it might not, but I would really love to get away from studying and exams and this boring old school and town and just do something different. It would be a nice little break for me, and I reckon I could always go back into education later if I wanted to, or stay in the job if I turn out to be really successful. Plus, from what I've read, heard and seen, Abu Dhabi looks like heaven to live in. I think I might just do this, could improve my mental health greatly. What do you think?

Ah, I also need to hurry up with learning to drive and take my tests soon (damn, why do I leave these things too late? :rolleyes:). They drive on the right as well, so that'll be a challenge. Plenty of stuff to do in the summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I don't know yet, whatever is in clearing. Not sure if they;d take me on though coz this is my 3rd year of A levels, although Ive had problems with moving about and that, and they can see that on my UCAS form. Not seen my reference though :erm:
    I honestly believe that everything happens for a reason... You never know what life will throw at you but it's got a reason for it. Probably strange logical given the context though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I reckon my results are gonna turn out crap again this year :nothing:. I made no effort on my Media coursework, due to lack of inspiration and getting people to help me, so I ended up submitting bare crap. I haven't been trying 100% on my Textiles work either, it's probably worse than my GCSE work. I'm not sure I revised enough for my Philosophy exams, I just had my second one and I think I did crap in both. I'm such a bloody failure :sigh:. I'm not sure I can stand doing Year 14 at this rate, sixth form is actually killing me. The only subject I seem to be doing half decent in is English Lit, and at the end of this school year it'll be the only full A Level I'll have, along with a string of crappy AS grades. I can't stand this :cry:.

I may just stop all this crappy education after this year though. My dad currently lives and works in the UAE, and the other day he called me up as he's found a possible job for me there, something to do with designing and advertising. I've got to fly over there after exams to speak with the guy and show my art work and stuff. And my dad said I may be able to move over there to work for at least a year. I am strongly considering this. The work might be paid, it might not, but I would really love to get away from studying and exams and this boring old school and town and just do something different. It would be a nice little break for me, and I reckon I could always go back into education later if I wanted to, or stay in the job if I turn out to be really successful. Plus, from what I've read, heard and seen, Abu Dhabi looks like heaven to live in. I think I might just do this, could improve my mental health greatly. What do you think?

Ah, I also need to hurry up with learning to drive and take my tests soon (damn, why do I leave these things too late? :rolleyes:). They drive on the right as well, so that'll be a challenge. Plenty of stuff to do in the summer
    That sounds like a wonderful opportunity

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like a wonderful opportunity
    Thank you, I thought so too

I honestly believe that everything happens for a reason... You never know what life will throw at you but it's got a reason for it. Probably strange logical given the context though
    Maybe. I dunno what I'm gonna do if I don't get in the course I wanna do. I don't think I'll be happy doing another degree tbh and to make it worse I'll have no job after the summer.

I don't ******* need this :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I don't ******* need this :cry:
    What's up?

What's up?
    My bf's just had a go at me for not kissing him goodbye in front of customers earlier

I work in a pharamcy so I have to be as professional as I can at all times on the premises so as you can imagine its unprofessional behavour, and hes just taken it the complete wrong way and had a go

**** this I'm just staying away form everyone now. I don't need this I have so much going on as it is.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.