Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Depression Society MKIII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    My bf's just had a go at me for not kissing him goodbye in front of customers earlier

I work in a pharamcy so I have to be as professional as I can at all times on the premises so as you can imagine its unprofessional behavour, and hes just taken it the complete wrong way and had a go

**** this I'm just staying away form everyone now. I don't need this I have so much going on as it is.
    Eurgh. I used to get that from my mates - I worked in a night club and they'd expect to walk to the front of a busy bar and get served by me immediately. Would love to have done, but you just can't some times!

Eurrrrrrrrgh. My 'best friend' has just posted on FaceBook that her 'life is perfect now she's away from (here), loving it atm'... which just makes me feel like ****. Never been good enough. This place isn't good enough... I hate to say it but I'm finally seeing her as spoilt and self-obsessed :cry:

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Eurgh. I used to get that from my mates - I worked in a night club and they'd expect to walk to the front of a busy bar and get served by me immediately. Would love to have done, but you just can't some times!

Eurrrrrrrrgh. My 'best friend' has just posted on FaceBook that her 'life is perfect now she's away from (here), loving it atm'... which just makes me feel like ****. Never been good enough. This place isn't good enough... I hate to say it but I'm finally seeing her as spoilt and self-obsessed :cry:
    :hugs: if shes being like that then she is really being rather selfish. I don;t think she means it like that but I can see why you're upset. Just ignore her for now if shes forgetting about everyone and everything

ReputationRep:
    hiii, I haven't been around for a couple of days... I've just handed in my last ever essay for my degree and now I'm done... but it hasn't really sunk in yet...

I went out with my bf yesterday; just shopping... but I was so tired and grumpy at the end so I felt really bad after. I had a terrible moment of depression in the middle of the night too; I cried my eyes out and felt like I wanted to do myself away again... but of course I know it's silly. Bf was around to comfort me at that time.. so I was alright in the end.

It makes me feel like I'm not right in the head. Seriously. I should have been like most people; celebrating and partying... but I'm just so tired and want to sleep all the time.

Hopefully i would feel a lot better after this trip of mine. I'm going on a holiday tomorrow with a few friends of mine... it should be good, I think. good to clear my head a little, good for me to give my poor bf some space. He's been REALLY PATIENT with me for so long; i'm really afraid that he's close to breaking point. :cry: i'm afraid that he would be fed up with me soon. :sigh" I wouldn't want to lose him; my world would be over then... i would lose my rock of security and sanity. He's the only one who could always support me in times of need... but what if he gets fed up?

Anyway, I hope everyone here is doing alright. take care! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't take it personally

ReputationRep:
    Argh not graduating this summer any more, having to stay in uni and graduate in January instead because I'm behind on pretty much all my work at the moment. Dissertation was supposed to have been handed in a month ago and I've yet to actually start it despite 'starting it' a year ago :/ On top of that I've got two exams and two essay to do as well... gah I hate it all sometimes.

Any magic assistants willing to help out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Try your best. You might surprise yourself, I've gone into so many exams thinknig I know nothing then just written whatever comes into my head and done ok. You're right about the year out it might really help you get your head/feelings sorted out, trust me, uni when you feel like **** is no fun.
    If I get in, I'm going. If I don't, I guess I've finally realised that it might not be so bad.

---

Had a panic attack before the exam and couldn't stop crying. Think the first half of it went okay, the second half... I just wrote an awful essay. but it's over now, nothing I can do but revise like mad for my other exams!

ReputationRep:
    Having a panic attack and I don't know why. :cry: I guess my 'super relaxing bath' (I had a panic attack whilst trying to relax haha) didn't work...:erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs:

You may not get any side effects, they just have to list all of the ones reported to them for health and safety or whatever and as the guys on this thread will tell you, there are loads out there to try if you don't get along with this one.

Do consider talking therapy, I did turn it down for depression (but I've been referred elsewhere anyway), but I've had talking therapy for another problem and it really does help. Yes, you have to be honest with them but they're used to people not being open so over the first few sessions you'd just be getting to know and trust them :yep:
    Thanks :o: I've been feeling a bit weak a couple of hours after taking it, also nauseous but that might be down to something else. I'm wondering if this is because of the Fluoxetine or if it's my body messing about because I'm worried about side-effects anyway.
    I have to go see my doctor in a fortnight anyway, just to check that everything's going okay, so I'll see how I feel about therapy or something then.

ReputationRep:
    I can't revise at all!! After 5 years of uni, I have one exam left and I seem to be beyond caring. It's a week tomorrow, and I didn't go to any of the lectures for it, done no reading, no notes, I know absolutely nothing apart from a bit covered in year one. I'm absolutely screwed, and I don't seem to care that I'm throwing my degree away. I'm borderline 2.2/2.1, and I think if I flunk this I'll definitely be a 2.2, which is fine I guess.. but it's not like I have the personality and confidence to win interviewers over. Arrggghhhh!

ReputationRep:
    :itsme: Long time no write, how is everybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :itsme: Long time no write, how is everybody?
    :wavey: Hiya there, I remember you. I'm just feeling kinda meh at the moment. I should be sleeping right now but I can't be asked. It's weird, my body's had this thing for staying up late and being glued to my laptop until about 1am or 2am :erm:. I have no morning lessons tomorrow anyway :o:.

How're you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :wavey: Hiya there, I remember you. I'm just feeling kinda meh at the moment. I should be sleeping right now but I can't be asked. It's weird, my body's had this thing for staying up late and being glued to my laptop until about 1am or 2am :erm:. I have no morning lessons tomorrow anyway :o:.

How're you doing?
    The night's the best part of the day anyway. :yep: Especially when you can sleep in in the morning.

I'm ok, life's a bit weird at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    The night's the best part of the day anyway. :yep: Especially when you can sleep in in the morning.

I'm ok, life's a bit weird at the moment.
    Yeah, life's weird for me too :console:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, life's weird for me too :console:
    Why? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Why? :hugs:
    Just a lot of trivial things annoying me right now, like my A Levels, and being single, and being crap at my driving and taking a stupid long break from it. I'm gonna try again soon though, maybe start this weekend with a refresher lesson. I really do wanna drive, I just have this problem with nerves and remembering things to do. I just got a few more exams in the next few weeks and then it's pretty much freedom after that :woo:

I guess I just need to sort my life out; too many things are not going the way I want, so hopefully things will fall into place soon enough

ReputationRep:
    War Horse is ridiculously sad. Horses dying + death of lots of people + war = Bloody good play, but I couldn't stop crying. I was crying on the way to the tube whilst running through London, too.

Miss my Dad.

ReputationRep:
    War Horse is ridiculously sad. Horses dying + death of lots of people + war = Bloody good play, but I couldn't stop crying. I was crying on the way to the tube whilst running through London, too.

Miss my Dad.
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Just a lot of trivial things annoying me right now, like my A Levels, and being single, and being crap at my driving and taking a stupid long break from it. I'm gonna try again soon though, maybe start this weekend with a refresher lesson. I really do wanna drive, I just have this problem with nerves and remembering things to do. I just got a few more exams in the next few weeks and then it's pretty much freedom after that :woo:

I guess I just need to sort my life out; too many things are not going the way I want, so hopefully things will fall into place soon enough
    Why does being single annoy you?..
    with A Levels, dont worry I mean..im sure they will work out..once you get into University, you realise how easy A Levels were!...but stressing over A Levels wont help..you know?...
    Yeah, I havent done driving yet..see it as a waste of money atm :P...but I would imagine its something that you have to be calm..it doesnt come you just like that you know?....takes practice..

Yeah, hopefully..but you have to facilitate this, be cool calm and collected..and accept the fact that things may not go your way..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Why does being single annoy you?..
    with A Levels, dont worry I mean..im sure they will work out..once you get into University, you realise how easy A Levels were!...but stressing over A Levels wont help..you know?...
    Yeah, I havent done driving yet..see it as a waste of money atm :P...but I would imagine its something that you have to be calm..it doesnt come you just like that you know?....takes practice..

Yeah, hopefully..but you have to facilitate this, be cool calm and collected..and accept the fact that things may not go your way..
    I just would love a boyfriend, one of those things in life you know. Anyway, I know it's not totally important though, so I will try my best to stop stressing about it and get on with things. Thanks for the advice :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I just would love a boyfriend, one of those things in life you know. Anyway, I know it's not totally important though, so I will try my best to stop stressing about it and get on with things. Thanks for the advice :hugs:
    Why would a boyfriend change your life?...

Spoiler:
    Show
    you can PM if you want

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.