Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Is your hand better today?
    Yeah I've posted here a few times in the last few weeks, although not much. I'm a bit better than I have been but as with everyone else, trying to revise and just failing miserably. I'm thinking of not even sitting these exams and just sitting the retakes. But then I would have to revise all Summer for certain. Argh.
    I can move my fingers but it's still pretty painful. Meh, I've done worse :p:

I think you should sit them. I'm really struggling with revision right now and I'm so sure I'm going to fail so I can sympathize with how you feel, but I think if you don't try then you really don't know. Last year I was about 85% sure I was going to fail and got a 2:1 overall So you might really surprise yourself, but if you do fail then at least you tried. But if you pass you have the whole summer to yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Honesty is always the best policy, however hard it may be :hugs: And they will have seen it all before, I doubt you can surprise them.

I'm trying to make sure that I eat breakfast and lunch (because of my history with food my parents always make sure I have dinner) and have so far managed to do it, even though I didn't feel hungry but I also need to pretty much double my portion sizes which will probably be more the issue as I'll probably start feeling full. However, I want to have some energy and actually be able to work, so I have to make sure I eat enough. I think I should mention it to my dr though :erm:

How's your hand?

---

Okay, from today onwards I'm going to be really strict about sleep because I'm getting to sleep about 1am at the earliest and then waking up at about 1pm (apart from today thanks to not closing my curtains, a lot of water and 3 obnoxious alarms ). So from now on I'm going to try and switch off my laptop at 8pm and be in bed by 9pm. I'll just have to watch any TV programmes after 9pm online, my sleeping is far too messed up and it's getting in the way of everything.

Also I can't sleep if I know I'm the last person in the house awake, which normally means that I stay up until dawn. I had been managing to overcome this recently but it's back to where I was for some reason and I really don't need that on top of everything else. That, and I tend to feel really low after about 9pm, so if I'm asleep by then, maybe I can avoid it? I can hope...
    haha, I dunno, there's some really ****** up things there. :p:

Going to sleep earlier is a good idea. If you can get up earlier it's easier to get 3 meals a day in and keep some kind of routine I think. But definitely mention it to your dr.

I'm managing to eat enough and feel a lot better already but it's a bit weird eating at set times! :p:

However, I'm feeling really low because of exams, social stuff etc.

Exams etc: I just feel like a failure TBH, I can't even read quickly/at a decent rate at all at the moment or concentrate or give a damn. :sad:

Social stuff: I don't give a damn about 'missing out' it's people's reactions to it I can't stand. I was momentarily sad when I saw the 'Last Days' photos on facebook on the last day of sixth form but I don't care now, it's one stupid day that I wouldn't have enjoyed, doesn't matter as I can't wait to get away from things there and I'll probably have to go back to resit next year anyway.

Then there the Leavers' Ball. If I'm honest, I don't want to go, but again there's the whole other peoples' reactions thing and also the fear that I may regret it.

Meh, I just needed to rant.

ETA: Oh, and last night I got really anxious about going to sleep because the past two nights I've had these weird and horrible dreams (but not nightmares if that makes any sense) that seem, when I wake up, to have gone on for ages and I just didn't want to have to go through that again. I don't think I did but... Well sleep freaks me out anyway so it's not helping. :erm:

Basically everything's far more messed up than I'm letting myself tell myself, especially my sleep - my fear of it is coming back quite quickly...
    I'm so glad you're managing to eat enough.

I know it's easier said than done but you should be thinking of what you want to do, not what other people's reactions are going to be. Are you even going to really see these people for much longer? Who cares what they think.

I went to my leavers' thing because my parents said it would be fun, I didn't want to go and really wished I'd listened to myself because it was total ****. Just do what you want and don't worry if other people think something about it, though go if you really think you'll regret it. I guess it depends whether you actually like these people and want to spend time with them.

ReputationRep:
    Can't sleep again. Sigh. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    First low in weeks and I'm meant to be revising. This is ****.
    Sorry for spamming this thread again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    haha, I dunno, there's some really ****** up things there. :p:

Going to sleep earlier is a good idea. If you can get up earlier it's easier to get 3 meals a day in and keep some kind of routine I think. But definitely mention it to your dr.

I'm so glad you're managing to eat enough.

I know it's easier said than done but you should be thinking of what you want to do, not what other people's reactions are going to be. Are you even going to really see these people for much longer? Who cares what they think.

I went to my leavers' thing because my parents said it would be fun, I didn't want to go and really wished I'd listened to myself because it was total ****. Just do what you want and don't worry if other people think something about it, though go if you really think you'll regret it. I guess it depends whether you actually like these people and want to spend time with them.
    No matter how ****** up you think it is, they aren't going to judge you and I still stand by there's probably someone who's filled out that form in a much worse way. :p:

I didn't get to sleep earlier, unless about midnight counts. But one nightmare down and I was awake checking my bed for creatures I swore I'd seen in there (I blame playing Spore for 3 hours before bed for this) only to realise it was a nightmare and spent the next hour or so watching Snog Marry Avoid.

Then just before I woke up I had another nightmare, but this one had me crying over relatives that either have never existed or ones I've not seen in ages as well as involving Spore-like creatures :o: ... I really want to write a letter to them now because I feel like a bad relative but I'm not sure how 'with it' they are and whether they'd even remember me...

Yeah, the food thing is going well though I think my mother's realised (she can always tell) because she keeps baking cakes

You're right I don't care for what they think. I keep hearing 'You've got to make good memories from now' but I don't want to, I want to get to uni and find people I can get along with well and be where I want etc. I mean jeez, I'm only 18, this isn't going to be 'the best time of [my] life'.

And you're right, the leavers' ball will be horrible. I hate wearing dresses, I hate anything that involves me not spilling food/drink down said dress and I'd rather stay at home. :yes:

Urgh, sorry for rambling on about nightmares, they're just getting to me now I guess. How're you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGhostofODonahue)
    First low in weeks and I'm meant to be revising. This is ****.
    Sorry for spamming this thread again
    Haha, you're not spamming it. I am :p:

I don't know what to suggest in terms of getting through the revision, I've been stuck with it for a while too, but have you tried just curling up in bed and reading a few pages of notes? It's better than nothing if you feel up to it :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, you're not spamming it. I am :p:

I don't know what to suggest in terms of getting through the revision, I've been stuck with it for a while too, but have you tried just curling up in bed and reading a few pages of notes? It's better than nothing if you feel up to it :hugs:
    Thanks :hugs: I may well do that. I should probably have some breakfast too... :o: Good luck with yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGhostofODonahue)
    Thanks :hugs: I may well do that. I should probably have some breakfast too... :o: Good luck with yours
    Yeah, making sure that you eat enough does help your mood, not eating enough will make you feel a lot worse.

Haha thanks, but I'm about to go play Spore again - if I'm going to have nightmares, I'd quite like for them to involve a computer game :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    No matter how ****** up you think it is, they aren't going to judge you and I still stand by there's probably someone who's filled out that form in a much worse way. :p:

I didn't get to sleep earlier, unless about midnight counts. But one nightmare down and I was awake checking my bed for creatures I swore I'd seen in there (I blame playing Spore for 3 hours before bed for this) only to realise it was a nightmare and spent the next hour or so watching Snog Marry Avoid.

Then just before I woke up I had another nightmare, but this one had me crying over relatives that either have never existed or ones I've not seen in ages as well as involving Spore-like creatures :o: ... I really want to write a letter to them now because I feel like a bad relative but I'm not sure how 'with it' they are and whether they'd even remember me...

Yeah, the food thing is going well though I think my mother's realised (she can always tell) because she keeps baking cakes

You're right I don't care for what they think. I keep hearing 'You've got to make good memories from now' but I don't want to, I want to get to uni and find people I can get along with well and be where I want etc. I mean jeez, I'm only 18, this isn't going to be 'the best time of [my] life'.

And you're right, the leavers' ball will be horrible. I hate wearing dresses, I hate anything that involves me not spilling food/drink down said dress and I'd rather stay at home. :yes:

Urgh, sorry for rambling on about nightmares, they're just getting to me now I guess. How're you?

heh..spore. I got that a couple of months ago but it's sooooooo easy. I got to the space stage and just thought **** it, this is ridiculous. Kind of let down because I thought it would be a lot better, and you're really limited in your creature design - you can't make it how you want to if you also don't want it to suck.

You should write to your relatives, or facebook them if they're sort of your age. I'm sure they'd appreciate it, even if they don't remember who you are. My mum never let me see my cousins on my dad's side growing up so I don't even know how many I have but recently my brother has been getting in touch with them and they're all so friendly. So it's worth a try, and if you/they don't like each other you can just back off again and you won't have lost anything but you might gain something.

The whole memories thing from school is complete rubbish if you ask me. You should keep memories of things you enjoy and you find important, not just because someone tells you how you have to cherish it and all that ****. Though, I'd say re: the leavers' ball, don't stay at home because you may regret that, I know if it was me I'd be sitting there thinking what a loser I am not being there (I'm not saying you're a loser, btw :p: ), that's not saying you should go, but maybe think about doing something you really really enjoy instead. If you're sitting at home on your own you might start to dwell on it, but if you go do something you enjoy then you'll have a much better time, and definitely much better than if you'd gone to some stupid ball you don't even want to go to.

I can understand you being freaked out about the nightmares, they can be really scary but I think it'll probably go away in time for you. a few months ago I would get really horrible dreams, but now they're just ****** up instead :p: (last night I was a heroin addict trashing my grandmother's house looking for drug money :lolwut: ). I don't think you're rambling on, I always find it nice to tell people about dreams.

I'm alright thanks. Lost 9lbs since stopping quetiapine thursday, damn pleased about that.

ReputationRep:
    heh..spore. I got that a couple of months ago but it's sooooooo easy. I got to the space stage and just thought **** it, this is ridiculous. Kind of let down because I thought it would be a lot better, and you're really limited in your creature design - you can't make it how you want to if you also don't want it to suck.
    I only got it yesterday, so am only at the tribe stage. Unfortunately I adopted a policy of peace which I must admit is a little boring :p: Anyway, the game crashed today, so I have to start the tribe stage from the start, adds a little difficulty! :rolleyes:

You should write to your relatives, or facebook them if they're sort of your age. I'm sure they'd appreciate it, even if they don't remember who you are. My mum never let me see my cousins on my dad's side growing up so I don't even know how many I have but recently my brother has been getting in touch with them and they're all so friendly. So it's worth a try, and if you/they don't like each other you can just back off again and you won't have lost anything but you might gain something.
    No, she's of the 'in the nursing home and didn't really recognise me last time I visited' age... :erm:

That's great about your cousins!

The whole memories thing from school is complete rubbish if you ask me. You should keep memories of things you enjoy and you find important, not just because someone tells you how you have to cherish it and all that ****. Though, I'd say re: the leavers' ball, don't stay at home because you may regret that, I know if it was me I'd be sitting there thinking what a loser I am not being there (I'm not saying you're a loser, btw :p: ), that's not saying you should go, but maybe think about doing something you really really enjoy instead. If you're sitting at home on your own you might start to dwell on it, but if you go do something you enjoy then you'll have a much better time, and definitely much better than if you'd gone to some stupid ball you don't even want to go to.
    I'll sleep. I love sleep. Or play Spore/The Sims/2/3/Pharoah/Theme Hospital - that's my plan for the summer holidays anyway, and as the stupid ball is in he holidays...

I can understand you being freaked out about the nightmares, they can be really scary but I think it'll probably go away in time for you. a few months ago I would get really horrible dreams, but now they're just ****** up instead :p: (last night I was a heroin addict trashing my grandmother's house looking for drug money :lolwut: ). I don't think you're rambling on, I always find it nice to tell people about dreams.

I'm alright thanks. Lost 9lbs since stopping quetiapine thursday, damn pleased about that.
    I just haven't had such weird dreams/nightmares since I came off antidepressants. In fact I've barely remembered a dream since then - just nice 'dreamless' sleep. :moon:

Haha, wow that is an odd dream! My dreams seem to focus on my problems at the moment which is really annoying as I'm pretending they don't exist!

Wow, that's a lot of weight. When I was on meds they just lowered my appetite even more... It's always odd how different things affect different people... Differently. (I need to improve my vocab haha).

ReputationRep:
    I only got it yesterday, so am only at the tribe stage. Unfortunately I adopted a policy of peace which I must admit is a little boring :p: Anyway, the game crashed today, so I have to start the tribe stage from the start, adds a little difficulty! :rolleyes:

No, she's of the 'in the nursing home and didn't really recognise me last time I visited' age... :erm:

That's great about your cousins!

I'll sleep. I love sleep. Or play Spore/The Sims/2/3/Pharoah/Theme Hospital - that's my plan for the summer holidays anyway, and as the stupid ball is in he holidays...

I just haven't had such weird dreams/nightmares since I came off antidepressants. In fact I've barely remembered a dream since then - just nice 'dreamless' sleep. :moon:

Haha, wow that is an odd dream! My dreams seem to focus on my problems at the moment which is really annoying as I'm pretending they don't exist!

Wow, that's a lot of weight. When I was on meds they just lowered my appetite even more... It's always odd how different things affect different people... Differently. (I need to improve my vocab haha).
    It really goes downhill after the tribe stage. First 2 were pretty fun then it was just ergh. heh peace :mmm: I did the annihilation policy, just went round attacking everything and making it extinct :p:

Hmmm...well you could write a letter anyway and even if she doesn't remember you I'm sure she'd appreciate having something to read and that someone, even if she doesn't remember you, cares about her.

So far it's mostly my brother doing the contacting, I'm a bit shy but they're so friendly so thinking of doing something with some of them at some point (too many somes there...)

You have really good taste in games! :cool:

I love pharoah, though the later missions are so hard - all the gods end up displeased then I run out of money giving them festivals and temples.

theme hospital :coma:

sims and sims 2 :yy: haven't tried 3 yet as apparently it's really buggy.

I think dreams about problems atm could be useful, like, you said you were ignoring them which is pretty understandable when you feel ****, but if you're then dreaming about it maybe it's so you don't ignore them? I dunno, probably reading too much into it there. I mostly get vampires or spiders or really ****** up things so I'd say yours are definitely at the more useful end of things :p:

It wasn't about appetite, quetiapine just ***** up your metabolism I think, because when I started it I put on so much weight even with exercising a lot most days and eating healthily etc. but yeah, it's great

ReputationRep:
    It really goes downhill after the tribe stage. First 2 were pretty fun then it was just ergh. heh peace :mmm: I did the annihilation policy, just went round attacking everything and making it extinct :p:
    You can set the difficulty level - I've chosen easy ATM because I've never played it before but I think it is a little too easy.

I've decided to go with peace and get all the weapons the easy way and then go and kill them :yep:

Hmmm...well you could write a letter anyway and even if she doesn't remember you I'm sure she'd appreciate having something to read and that someone, even if she doesn't remember you, cares about her.

So far it's mostly my brother doing the contacting, I'm a bit shy but they're so friendly so thinking of doing something with some of them at some point (too many somes there...)
    I'd have to check with my aunt that it'd be okay (my aunt's the nearest to her and does most of the visiting). She's technically not a blood relative but from what I can remember of her she's just really sweet... Okay, now I feel even more down about how **** life is.

Contacting people online isn't too hard (apart from emailing teachers, that's torturous), it might be easier to get to know some of them before meeting up if that's what you were planning?

You have really good taste in games! :cool:

I love pharoah, though the later missions are so hard - all the gods end up displeased then I run out of money giving them festivals and temples.

theme hospital :coma:

sims and sims 2 :yy: haven't tried 3 yet as apparently it's really buggy.
    Haha thanks. I just like controlling things :p: I tend to just do the free play thing with Pharaoh. I haven't played it in ages though...

Sims 3 is a lot more buggy than the others, but I haven't patched it because ED have changed their way of patching (as in they automatically download) so I turned that off because certain mods only work with certain patches/some patches are really buggy. The only problem I have at the moment is I can't clean the fridge out, which makes having a maid problematic but it works okay.

Yay, I just rambled on about patches. Oh, the life I lead! :nothing:

I think dreams about problems atm could be useful, like, you said you were ignoring them which is pretty understandable when you feel ****, but if you're then dreaming about it maybe it's so you don't ignore them? I dunno, probably reading too much into it there. I mostly get vampires or spiders or really ****** up things so I'd say yours are definitely at the more useful end of things :p:

It wasn't about appetite, quetiapine just ***** up your metabolism I think, because when I started it I put on so much weight even with exercising a lot most days and eating healthily etc. but yeah, it's great
    I want to ignore them though. The first one of them a few days ago I really, really didn't want to think about - I will sort it out later, I have to it's not something I can really avoid but now is not the time to be 'sorting it out' even if that's something I can do... :erm:

The one this morning involved werewolves but as far as I can remember, they weren't trying to kill me, so didn't play a prominent role. It was more about people from school - yet more things I want to avoid! URGH. It's not useful when I want to avoid it... Hopefully, if I get into uni, I can work on sorting them out anyway.

Are you thinking of going on any different ones?

---

I've gone from tired and not feeling much to feeling really low in about an hour. Screw revision, I want to do well but I can't :cry:

ReputationRep:
    You can set the difficulty level - I've chosen easy ATM because I've never played it before but I think it is a little too easy.

I've decided to go with peace and get all the weapons the easy way and then go and kill them :yep:

I'd have to check with my aunt that it'd be okay (my aunt's the nearest to her and does most of the visiting). She's technically not a blood relative but from what I can remember of her she's just really sweet... Okay, now I feel even more down about how **** life is.

Contacting people online isn't too hard (apart from emailing teachers, that's torturous), it might be easier to get to know some of them before meeting up if that's what you were planning?

Haha thanks. I just like controlling things :p: I tend to just do the free play thing with Pharaoh. I haven't played it in ages though...

Sims 3 is a lot more buggy than the others, but I haven't patched it because ED have changed their way of patching (as in they automatically download) so I turned that off because certain mods only work with certain patches/some patches are really buggy. The only problem I have at the moment is I can't clean the fridge out, which makes having a maid problematic but it works okay.

Yay, I just rambled on about patches. Oh, the life I lead! :nothing:

I want to ignore them though. The first one of them a few days ago I really, really didn't want to think about - I will sort it out later, I have to it's not something I can really avoid but now is not the time to be 'sorting it out' even if that's something I can do... :erm:

The one this morning involved werewolves but as far as I can remember, they weren't trying to kill me, so didn't play a prominent role. It was more about people from school - yet more things I want to avoid! URGH. It's not useful when I want to avoid it... Hopefully, if I get into uni, I can work on sorting them out anyway.

Are you thinking of going on any different ones?

---

I've gone from tired and not feeling much to feeling really low in about an hour. Screw revision, I want to do well but I can't :cry:
    I picked the hardest difficulty to start with as I'd heard it was easy but I didn't count on it being that easy.

I like your thinking there :p:

Why'd you feel down about how **** life is? If this person is in a nursing home she's pretty old right? So she's lived a long life and done a lot of stuff, seen stuff, had experiences etc so it's not that bad. Though I do agree the being really old thing really isn't good in my mind. Sorry if she's not old. :o:

Yeah I was going to go by facebook first.

What's wrong with talking about patches? :p: I turned off the EA auto update for spore because it came up everytime I turned the computer on. Have you played dungeon keeper 1/2? You get to control stuff there but there's fighting too (though you can do my pet dungeon if you don't want to fight). That's a really really great game.

I see what you mean about wanting to ignore them. I dunno if it will help but could you maybe write it down and set a time that you will address it? Like if I can't sleep because I'm thinking about things I have to do, if I write them down it's out my head and I can sleep knowing the list will be there tomorrow. It might work even though the situation is a little different, because it might put your mind at ease about these things.

Nope, no more pills for me (still on mirtazapine, though I'm planning on stopping it over the summer).

:hugs: if you can't revise right now (well....4 hours ago) then don't pressure yourself. Concentrate on trying to feel better right now, have an early night that you were aiming for and try again tomorrow with the revision.

ReputationRep:
    I picked the hardest difficulty to start with as I'd heard it was easy but I didn't count on it being that easy.

I like your thinking there :p:
    Ah okay haha. I'm bored of it now, got to the civilisation stage and decided I'd rather sleep. Doesn't mean it's a boring game, just nothing holds my attention at the moment.

Why'd you feel down about how **** life is? If this person is in a nursing home she's pretty old right? So she's lived a long life and done a lot of stuff, seen stuff, had experiences etc so it's not that bad. Though I do agree the being really old thing really isn't good in my mind. Sorry if she's not old. :o:
    I was feeling down already and I can't remember why that made me feel worse now haha. Yeah she's old I guess - she's my dad's step-grandsomething so... I just... The fact that she's not really there and stuff.

Yeah I was going to go by facebook first.

What's wrong with talking about patches? :p: I turned off the EA auto update for spore because it came up everytime I turned the computer on. Have you played dungeon keeper 1/2? You get to control stuff there but there's fighting too (though you can do my pet dungeon if you don't want to fight). That's a really really great game.
    Haha, that'd be my first choice of contacting people too.

Ooh, I might try that, not like I'm going to be revising much anyway. :mad: If somebody made this table for me, I'd revise it, it's the making it that's stopping me revising..

I see what you mean about wanting to ignore them. I dunno if it will help but could you maybe write it down and set a time that you will address it? Like if I can't sleep because I'm thinking about things I have to do, if I write them down it's out my head and I can sleep knowing the list will be there tomorrow. It might work even though the situation is a little different, because it might put your mind at ease about these things.

Nope, no more pills for me (still on mirtazapine, though I'm planning on stopping it over the summer).

:hugs: if you can't revise right now (well....4 hours ago) then don't pressure yourself. Concentrate on trying to feel better right now, have an early night that you were aiming for and try again tomorrow with the revision.
    I've done that before but I'm not sure it'll help some of the issues TBH, one of them is something I may never figure out the answer to, that's just something I need to learn to accept.

How're you feeling without it? Are you just going to be using talking therapy then?

I did a little bit of revision after calming down but I'm feeling down again now. :erm: I need to finish this stupid table though! I've only got 2 weeks to the exam :cry2: I can go to sleep once this is finished (or I email someone who actually went to lessons and beg them to send me a scan of theirs...)

ReputationRep:
    I can move my fingers but it's still pretty painful. Meh, I've done worse :p:

I think you should sit them. I'm really struggling with revision right now and I'm so sure I'm going to fail so I can sympathize with how you feel, but I think if you don't try then you really don't know. Last year I was about 85% sure I was going to fail and got a 2:1 overall So you might really surprise yourself, but if you do fail then at least you tried. But if you pass you have the whole summer to yourself!
    Yeah I guess I'm planning on sitting them.

Hmm I just feel numb. Even when I have arguments or pretty good things happen, I just dont feel anything. I know its a protective mechanism but life seems pointless this way.

Hows everyone else today?

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that I quite like the numbness? I mean sure, nothing gets done and you miss out on the good things, but the last good thing that happened was months ago. It just stops me freaking out, like now...

ReputationRep:
    I was weighed today - I've put on a pound :awesome: They're still worried though. I'm still incredibly skinny. Sat with the counsellor and the doctor today and I think my counsellor was a bit frustrated as the doctor didn't really think I needed medication and I didn't really give the inclination that I needed any. Anyway they've taken my dad's number to get him involved :erm: We talked about my classmate's funeral - which made me more upset and now they want to see me again :facepalm2: I think progress however small has been made, but I still feel exhausted whenever I finish talking to Amanda. I came home and curled up in a ball, ate dinner, managed to do a past paper, but since then have been very distracted

This is all very rambly to read and doesn't make sense, but I'm glad that I've said it now :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I was weighed today - I've put on a pound :awesome: They're still worried though. I'm still incredibly skinny. Sat with the counsellor and the doctor today and I think my counsellor was a bit frustrated as the doctor didn't really think I needed medication and I didn't really give the inclination that I needed any. Anyway they've taken my dad's number to get him involved :erm: We talked about my classmate's funeral - which made me more upset and now they want to see me again :facepalm2: I think progress however small has been made, but I still feel exhausted whenever I finish talking to Amanda. I came home and curled up in a ball, ate dinner, managed to do a past paper, but since then have been very distracted

This is all very rambly to read and doesn't make sense, but I'm glad that I've said it now :o:
    Well done on gaining! Sorry to ask, but is it ED or loss of appetite related? I'm sorry to hear about your classmate :hugs: Surely it's a good thing that you'll be getting continuing help, it can only make things better :console: Well done on the past paper, it's like a hundred time the amount of work I've done today :numb:

---

God, people and their ignorance about mental health problems piss me off so much. The thread about eating disorders doesn't trigger me, it just makes me feel lower - people are such ****s. I don't know what I'm pretending that word is, I just think the only word to describe them is four stars TBH. People who think EDs are attention seeking deserve to be beaten to death with shovels. /rant.

As for my eating today: it's awful again. It's not my ED it's just... I just don't want to, I don't feel hungry and... I'm not sure, this is weird but... I'll eat something later, should get hungry before dawn surely? Definitely need to tell my dr TBH.

ReputationRep:
    Well done on gaining! Sorry to ask, but is it ED or loss of appetite related? I'm sorry to hear about your classmate :hugs: Surely it's a good thing that you'll be getting continuing help, it can only make things better :console: Well done on the past paper, it's like a hundred time the amount of work I've done today :numb:

---

God, people and their ignorance about mental health problems piss me off so much. The thread about eating disorders doesn't trigger me, it just makes me feel lower - people are such ****s. I don't know what I'm pretending that word is, I just think the only word to describe them is four stars TBH. People who think EDs are attention seeking deserve to be beaten to death with shovels. /rant.

As for my eating today: it's awful again. It's not my ED it's just... I just don't want to, I don't feel hungry and... I'm not sure, this is weird but... I'll eat something later, should get hungry before dawn surely? Definitely need to tell my dr TBH.
    I'm not too sure, I've had eating problems before but I've never gone to a professional about them. :erm: :o: But it's linked to the anxiety/depression atm. I think they're going to wait until after exams to see if anything changes and then act :erm: It took quite a while to get help - but sometimes it can be overwhelming, there are quite a few people involved now, and they have this idea of creating some sort of help chain amongst themselves - almost like a net that can close in together and catch me if I fall Her words not mine.

:hugs: It can be hard - but I find that I need to force myself, literally to eat. At dinner tonight, I literally had to do what my dad does with my 4 year old step sister and tell myself 'one more mouthful, just one more'. It might not work for you atm, but don't force it too much, it will come and go. It certainly does with me, and actually I think because I knew that I was getting weighed today, I decided to eat up (even though I didn't eat for two days when I found out about my mate's death but they don't need to know that :shh:) Definitely tell your doctor, don't be afraid to :yes: You'll be ok :hugs: Just try and work and maybe you'll form an appetite that way. Again, I'm rambling but I hope some of this is useful :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Sick of feeling empty. Music's the only thing that helps. Feel cut off from everyone.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.