Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am soooooo tired :cry: But I don't feel tired at all. I dunno if that makes sense...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fail Whale)
    Can you call the crisis team even if you're not suicidal or planning to hurt yourself? I just feel unusually low and this has happened over a matter of days. I feel helpless and I don't know what to do about it. I am worried it will get worse and when this has happened in the past it ends with an overdose (have done this 3 times and always regret it).
    I don't know my keyworkers number and the office closes at 5.

Help?
    They're there to help, give them a ring. I doubt they'd be upset with you calling, but if they are, sod them and call Samaritans instead. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fail Whale)
    Can you call the crisis team even if you're not suicidal or planning to hurt yourself? I just feel unusually low and this has happened over a matter of days. I feel helpless and I don't know what to do about it. I am worried it will get worse and when this has happened in the past it ends with an overdose (have done this 3 times and always regret it).
    I don't know my keyworkers number and the office closes at 5.

Help?
    I have no idea but I don't see why they'd mind? Or you could try a helpling like Samaritans? I don't know.

---

I'm thinking of taking a few days off this site, I'm just so ******* fed up with the ignorance of some people on here, those that have a go at me helping others and spending time uploading resources only to get negged by some idiot who can't work out how to access them and doesn't have the intelligence to send me a simple PM asking about it.

But it's mainly the ignorance and people haveing a go at me for trying to help, it doesn't help me - it makes me feel so much lower when idiots do that.

My brother hasn't helped matters either being a general douche to me and then calling me gay, which I can't be bothered to go into right now. Sounds juvenile but he's just getting to me by thinking he's so 'hard' and cool and being horrible to me at every available opportunity and making fun of my faith, which is one of the few things keeping me going right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I am soooooo tired :cry: But I don't feel tired at all. I dunno if that makes sense...
    It makes sense. :yep: Is it your mind or body that feels tired? (If that makes sense haha).

---

I'm really feeling the strain of not having anyone I can talk to or trust right now, no counsellor or anything and... I can't take it, I don't know how I'm going to get through this at all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so scared about tomorrow - I have to go and see the counsellor but my dad will be there FML :emo: :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    It makes sense. :yep: Is it your mind or body that feels tired? (If that makes sense haha).

---

I'm really feeling the strain of not having anyone I can talk to or trust right now, no counsellor or anything and... I can't take it, I don't know how I'm going to get through this at all.
    Is there a teacher or tutor or friend you could go talk to? Teachers can be pretty lovely and they don't have a waiting list..

I'm feeling kind of okay today. I've been pretty productive, although not on the work front, but hmm. And I think my CBT psychologist is growing on me a bit. I need to make goals for homework, argh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Is there a teacher or tutor or friend you could go talk to? Teachers can be pretty lovely and they don't have a waiting list..

I'm feeling kind of okay today. I've been pretty productive, although not on the work front, but hmm. And I think my CBT psychologist is growing on me a bit. I need to make goals for homework, argh.
    I go and talk to the sixth form mentor every now and again but she's always busy and obviously I can't talk to her during half term/the summer holidays. There's no one I call up and say 'I'm really not doing well can I see you ASAP?' And I'm too worried that my parents will overhearme and worry to call the Samaritans or anything like that. And friends... I don't even want to go into that but I have no one I can rely on/feel comfortable enough/know will understand to talk to.

That's good that you're getting on with them. :yep:

---

Can I just take this space to rant about how awful people are to each other? Be it on a small scale with ignorance/refusal to be kind and only to attack or on a large scale with wars etc. People suck :nothing:

ReputationRep:

---

Both, I think. But my mind is going a mile a minute... I'm so, so, SO nervous about tomorrow. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I go and talk to the sixth form mentor every now and again but she's always busy and obviously I can't talk to her during half term/the summer holidays. There's no one I call up and say 'I'm really not doing well can I see you ASAP?' And I'm too worried that my parents will overhearme and worry to call the Samaritans or anything like that. And friends... I don't even want to go into that but I have no one I can rely on/feel comfortable enough/know will understand to talk to.

That's good that you're getting on with them. :yep:

---

Can I just take this space to rant about how awful people are to each other? Be it on a small scale with ignorance/refusal to be kind and only to attack or on a large scale with wars etc. People suck :nothing:
    You could probably email your sixth form mentor even in the holidays.. I've emailed tutors and stuff before and it seems weird at first but I have found it helpful. And actually they might still suggest meeting outside of school-time. I'm sure she is busy but if you give her some idea of how bad things are then I'm sure she can make time for you.

Yeah a lot of people are horrible and rubbish. But there are some truly good people out there too :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Both, I think. But my mind is going a mile a minute... I'm so, so, SO nervous about tomorrow. :sad:
    I know that feeling it's not nice. :hugs: What's happening tomorrow? (Sorry if you've already posted it, I did have a quick look)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    You could probably email your sixth form mentor even in the holidays.. I've emailed tutors and stuff before and it seems weird at first but I have found it helpful. And actually they might still suggest meeting outside of school-time. I'm sure she is busy but if you give her some idea of how bad things are then I'm sure she can make time for you.

Yeah a lot of people are horrible and rubbish. But there are some truly good people out there too :hugs:

I'm not sure if she even checks her emails. I might email her asking if I can see her after the half term though...

I know, but they work so hard and yet the horrible people don't change :sad: Sorry if I'm bringing down the mood of this thread more, just ignore me.

ReputationRep:
    I know that feeling it's not nice. :hugs: What's happening tomorrow? (Sorry if you've already posted it, I did have a quick look)
    We open the pub for the first time, for 'live training'. Basically, members of the public are invited in, they get a voucher for a specific meal and drink, and then we work as if it's a normal day. I'm doing 9am til 1pm which means one thing - breakfast. Coffee. Machine thing. Scary.

I can't do this. In the training this afternoon I couldn't stop pacing and I was near to bolting out of the pub when one of our trainers started to get really stressed at something random that hadn't been delivered and started shouting. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if I'm bringing down the mood of this thread more, just ignore me.
    Darling, I don't think you can really bring down the mood of this thread :p: (Sorry, that tickled me!)

ReputationRep:
    We open the pub for the first time, for 'live training'. Basically, members of the public are invited in, they get a voucher for a specific meal and drink, and then we work as if it's a normal day. I'm doing 9am til 1pm which means one thing - breakfast. Coffee. Machine thing. Scary.

I can't do this. In the training this afternoon I couldn't stop pacing and I was near to bolting out of the pub when one of our trainers started to get really stressed at something random that hadn't been delivered and started shouting. :o:
    :hugs: It's going to be stressy because it's just opening but it will calm down and hopefully tomorrow will be calmer for you. And coffee machines are scary :yep: If you can, just stay calm, make sure you're breathing properly etc and remember that nothing there can harm you, it's a safe environment and you can take time to calm down :console:

ReputationRep:
    Darling, I don't think you can really bring down the mood of this thread :p: (Sorry, that tickled me!)
    Haha, I meant bring it down more, especially as recently people seem to have been better than a week or so ago. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: It's going to be stressy because it's just opening but it will calm down and hopefully tomorrow will be calmer for you. And coffee machines are scary :yep: If you can, just stay calm, make sure you're breathing properly etc and remember that nothing there can harm you, it's a safe environment and you can take time to calm down :console:
    Ehehe, drunk people can harm me, but I can take them! :p: Besides, the people of my town won't be drunk at 9am in the morning... I think. Tomorrow will be interesting. Scary. But interesting. The staggered shift times is throwing me off because I won't be with another person all the time... :o: I made a cappucino off the machine the other day and they said it was ok, but I'm not sure I can repeat it and remember everything else. :/

ReputationRep:
    Right, everyone. We are going to make a depsoc meet work. I think it should be held in August sometime, when everyone will be free from uni/school/etc. I'm open to suggestions mind. Additionally, we need to decide a location. What do people think? London?

Post ideas. I'll see if I can get a mod to make a thread about this somewhere where we can all access it but not have too many trolls show up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Right, everyone. We are going to make a depsoc meet work. I think it should be held in August sometime, when everyone will be free from uni/school/etc. I'm open to suggestions mind. Additionally, we need to decide a location. What do people think? London?

Post ideas. I'll see if I can get a mod to make a thread about this somewhere where we can all access it but not have too many trolls show up...
    I think London sounds good, it's easy enough for me to get to . Though, I have a camp and a holiday happening in much of August, so I won't have much of it free. I guess I'll just wait and see what everyone else decides though?

ReputationRep:
    Ehehe, drunk people can harm me, but I can take them! :p: Besides, the people of my town won't be drunk at 9am in the morning... I think. Tomorrow will be interesting. Scary. But interesting. The staggered shift times is throwing me off because I won't be with another person all the time... :o: I made a cappucino off the machine the other day and they said it was ok, but I'm not sure I can repeat it and remember everything else. :/
    But you're not going to be left completely on your own, so there's somebody else to share the stress with :yep: It'll become natural to you soon, maybe a week or so of dodgy cappucinos, but it won't take long for it to become second nature for you :hugs:

(Original post by Nothos)

But given some of the social stuff of depression how many would actually brave turning up haha?

---

I've just realised I'm not officially a member of this soc - I'm an intruder :woo:

I'm kind of hyper :erm: Ah, the mood improving powers of mashed potato with sausages stuck in to make it like a hedgehog, veg in a circle around it for leaves and gravy for mud... I was feeling down so thought I'd play with my food a bit to encourage me to actually eat properly

The stress of exams is going to hit me again in about 10 minutes I think. I'll go complain in the revision thread today... I think I'm more worried about having another really long panic attack and crying again before my exam like last time TBH, but what can I do about that? :dontknow:

Also, what the hell has happened to my... Words. Oh great, I really can't think properly today. What I'm trying to say is that all of the above doesn't make much sense...

ReputationRep:
    I got a mod to make a meet thread, so if you want in on this, please post here

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.