The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

Loz17
I feel like **** tonight. I can't cope with this pressure :cry:

:hugs: Exams will be over soon, try to focus on that. :console:

Sorry, I'm too numb to be any help, I've been numb all day so no revision's really happened meaning I'll feel **** as soon as I try to go to sleep. :sad:
Seems like everyone is out to get me....out to hurt me...I can't trust anyone...I must deserve it...its because I'm a bad person. Why else would this keep happening to me?
steffi.alexa
:hugs: Exams will be over soon, try to focus on that. :console:

Sorry, I'm too numb to be any help, I've been numb all day so no revision's really happened meaning I'll feel **** as soon as I try to go to sleep. :sad:

I can't. I am so goddamn tired, have loads of work to do and really starting to miss my bf now strangly, when we have less time together coz of exams. even when I see him these days I don't feel like I'm particularly spending time with him :erm:

My jobs tiring me out so I am knackared by the time I get home. I can't quit coz I need the money and I can't revise coz I'm so tired, then have no motivation which then makes me feel like ****. I don't want to fail again but I can see it happening :cry:
Loz17
I can't. I am so goddamn tired, have loads of work to do and really starting to miss my bf now strangly, when we have less time together coz of exams. even when I see him these days I don't feel like I'm particularly spending time with him :erm:

My jobs tiring me out so I am knackared by the time I get home. I can't quit coz I need the money and I can't revise coz I'm so tired, then have no motivation which then makes me feel like ****. I don't want to fail again but I can see it happening :cry:

:hugs: You don't know that you're going to fail, when you're not posting in here/seem to be okay, you seem fairly optimitic about your grades, so you must be doing something right.

RachelOranges
Seems like everyone is out to get me....out to hurt me...I can't trust anyone...I must deserve it...its because I'm a bad person. Why else would this keep happening to me?

:hugs: You're not a bad person, it's the people around you being arses. :console:

---

Woke up feeling okay and the suddenly felt so guilty for every little thing. I hate this, I want to be numb again.
I should be happy. I have a job, a guy interested in me who's very sweet and I like back, I'm going to uni again in September, I have no reason to feel so utterly miserable all the time. It feels like my core is made out of ice and any kind of feeling or emotion that tries to touch it just freezes away. My weight is creeping back up again, grrr.
kiss_me_now9
I should be happy. I have a job, a guy interested in me who's very sweet and I like back, I'm going to uni again in September, I have no reason to feel so utterly miserable all the time. It feels like my core is made out of ice and any kind of feeling or emotion that tries to touch it just freezes away. My weight is creeping back up again, grrr.

:hugs: You're depressed, that's why you feel like this. But you're getting help so things are going to improve for you.
steffi.alexa
:hugs: You're depressed, that's why you feel like this. But you're getting help so things are going to improve for you.

But I'm not, on both counts. I don't feel like I'm depressed, I just don't feel anything. I've not spoken to anyone about it (apart from drunken murmurings) since before Christmas.:dontknow: I don't see the point, they'll just tell me what I already know, anyway.
kiss_me_now9
But I'm not, on both counts. I don't feel like I'm depressed, I just don't feel anything. I've not spoken to anyone about it (apart from drunken murmurings) since before Christmas.:dontknow: I don't see the point, they'll just tell me what I already know, anyway.

Isn't thinking you're not depressed often a part for it? Have you been to your GP? There are loads of things that can help and will make you feel better :hugs:
I wish I could be even semi-healthy again. Physically I feel like crap - tired all the time, feel lightheaded when I stand up, can't even walk a short distance without feeling exhausted. And mentally things are pretty awful too. Can't believe I was stupid enough to ask them to increase my meds, all it's done is made me feel even worse. The only good thing I can think of is I've finally got back to being over 8 stone.

How is everyone?
superwolf
I wish I could be even semi-healthy again. Physically I feel like crap - tired all the time, feel lightheaded when I stand up, can't even walk a short distance without feeling exhausted. And mentally things are pretty awful too. Can't believe I was stupid enough to ask them to increase my meds, all it's done is made me feel even worse. The only good thing I can think of is I've finally got back to being over 8 stone.

How is everyone?

:hugs: Given your weight and the physical symptoms you've described, you're probably feeling so physically crap because you're not eating enough. Try to eat just a bit more, it will help you feel better :console:
steffi.alexa
:hugs: Given your weight and the physical symptoms you've described, you're probably feeling so physically crap because you're not eating enough. Try to eat just a bit more, it will help you feel better :console:

Nah, I'm eating plenty at the minute, that's why I've finally put some weight on (I got stupidly thin for a while). Most likely it's a combination of being depressed and side-effects from my meds that's making me feel so bad. I also suspect I've got low blood pressure.

How're you today?
superwolf
Nah, I'm eating plenty at the minute, that's why I've finally put some weight on (I got stupidly thin for a while). Most likely it's a combination of being depressed and side-effects from my meds that's making me feel so bad. I also suspect I've got low blood pressure.

How're you today?

:hugs: Well get that checked out with your doctor soon, they may be able to help.

I'm meh (not that that's really a word), getting better at faking being okay whilst feeling worse and worse :erm: You?
steffi.alexa
:hugs: Well get that checked out with your doctor soon, they may be able to help.

I'm meh (not that that's really a word), getting better at faking being okay whilst feeling worse and worse :erm: You?

Yeah, I will. I'm currently trying to cure my possible low blood pressure by lying in bed with my feet stuck in the air.:o: Sounds stupid but it allegedly works...

I'm very familiar with the meh feeling, I've got it too so it damn well better be a word. Is there anyone you can talk to in real life about how you're feeling? Sometimes that helps. Faking being ok is useful, but I suspect it's not entirely healthy (not that I can talk, it's what I've been doing for years). Meh.
superwolf
Yeah, I will. I'm currently trying to cure my possible low blood pressure by lying in bed with my feet stuck in the air.:o: Sounds stupid but it allegedly works...

I'm very familiar with the meh feeling, I've got it too so it damn well better be a word. Is there anyone you can talk to in real life about how you're feeling? Sometimes that helps. Faking being ok is useful, but I suspect it's not entirely healthy (not that I can talk, it's what I've been doing for years). Meh.

Well if it works, it works :dontknow:

I sometimes talk to someone in sixth form, but I'm officially leaving in 2 weeks. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist in 3 weeks though, so we'll see what happens then.

The thing is, it's like I'm faking it to myself, but I know that deep down I still feel ****. Oh well.

And meh indeed.
steffi.alexa
Isn't thinking you're not depressed often a part for it? Have you been to your GP? There are loads of things that can help and will make you feel better :hugs:

Meh. I dunno. Part of me just says it's stress... part of me says I'm over-reacting and need to man up. Sigh.

:hugs:
kiss_me_now9
Meh. I dunno. Part of me just says it's stress... part of me says I'm over-reacting and need to man up. Sigh.

:hugs:

:hugs: I think that's just the depression telling you that. See how you feel after exam :console:
oh my god i have had such a bad time these past few weeks! think i came on here feeling rather bad a couple of weeks ago, well i had had my meds increased from 20mg to 40mg and they really ****** me up something rotten! that bad i nearly ended my marriage but i had no idea why i though there was a problem with my marriage.
well luckily everything has settled down and now all is better with me and my hubby, i jsut hope nothing like that happens again as i hadnt felt like that in a very long time and it was so horrible
lukcily i am now having counselling sessions at college to help me to try to finsd out where all my depression has come from and how i can deal with it when it does turn up and annoys me.
i now have a bit of time to relax as i have no finished college so i can spend a bit of time on me, my family and try to get my house in order!
Isis Black
oh my god i have had such a bad time these past few weeks! think i came on here feeling rather bad a couple of weeks ago, well i had had my meds increased from 20mg to 40mg and they really ****** me up something rotten! that bad i nearly ended my marriage but i had no idea why i though there was a problem with my marriage.
well luckily everything has settled down and now all is better with me and my hubby, i jsut hope nothing like that happens again as i hadnt felt like that in a very long time and it was so horrible
lukcily i am now having counselling sessions at college to help me to try to finsd out where all my depression has come from and how i can deal with it when it does turn up and annoys me.
i now have a bit of time to relax as i have no finished college so i can spend a bit of time on me, my family and try to get my house in order!

Congrats on finishing college, I'm well jealous - you've read all the troubles I've been having with my course in the Access thread, no doubt. Take a few days to yourself, no housework, just you :smile:

Steffi - I can't fail this course, I just can't. Unfortunately it's becoming a very real possibility as I'm starting to buckle under the pressure of what's left to do, what's been done, what I was meant to do but haven't been told about, what I need to get done in what order, who's going to have a go at me for what next. My tutor keeps coming out with helpful things such as "THIS WAS ALL DUE IN IN JANUARY!" and "None of you will pass because you can't manage your time effectively" when he's not received work that he never set. He blames our class as a whole when it's clearly him who has the problem. We keep complaining but nothing comes of it because all the other tutors are good friends with him. It's so frustrating to think that I could miss out on uni because that **** can't do his job properly... I don't know what I'll do if I fail. :cry: It's all coursework based, I've got IT, research into HE, english lit, psychology and sociology left to do. I have two weeks to do it all in, and work are going to increase my hours from next week. I'm constantly tired and the fact that I ******* HATE my job doesn't help, before work was where I went to destress and forget about college, now I spend my time wondering why the hell I'm there when I could be at home doing something beneficial like an essay. :o:
kiss_me_now9
Congrats on finishing college, I'm well jealous - you've read all the troubles I've been having with my course in the Access thread, no doubt. Take a few days to yourself, no housework, just you :smile:

Steffi - I can't fail this course, I just can't. Unfortunately it's becoming a very real possibility as I'm starting to buckle under the pressure of what's left to do, what's been done, what I was meant to do but haven't been told about, what I need to get done in what order, who's going to have a go at me for what next. My tutor keeps coming out with helpful things such as "THIS WAS ALL DUE IN IN JANUARY!" and "None of you will pass because you can't manage your time effectively" when he's not received work that he never set. He blames our class as a whole when it's clearly him who has the problem. We keep complaining but nothing comes of it because all the other tutors are good friends with him. It's so frustrating to think that I could miss out on uni because that **** can't do his job properly... I don't know what I'll do if I fail. :cry: It's all coursework based, I've got IT, research into HE, english lit, psychology and sociology left to do. I have two weeks to do it all in, and work are going to increase my hours from next week. I'm constantly tired and the fact that I ******* HATE my job doesn't help, before work was where I went to destress and forget about college, now I spend my time wondering why the hell I'm there when I could be at home doing something beneficial like an essay. :o:

:hugs: Your teacher sounds like an arse, just ignore him he's probably almost as stressed as you are! Just try doing a little bit everyday and you will get there :console:

If you need a day or so off work why not ask/call in sick?
steffi.alexa
:hugs: Your teacher sounds like an arse, just ignore him he's probably almost as stressed as you are! Just try doing a little bit everyday and you will get there :console:

If you need a day or so off work why not ask/call in sick?

I've already mucked them around a fair bit - only been open for a week and a bit, and I've only done 4 shifts, already I had to change one to a later shift because of college and on Tuesday I had to go in and ask to finish early as I had an emergency lesson the next day at 9am that was compulsory and they didn't tell us about until that Tuesday (day before, I was meant to work 4 til 2am, I ended up doing 4 til 10pm) - They really aren't happy with me anyway as I fail completely at the food delivery side of it and find the bar work boring as it's very stilted, pour one pint, take money, stand for 20 minutes waiting for next person, pour another pint. When you open a new place you're meant to have a few weeks honeymoon where every man and his dog comes in, but we're dead! I think honestly if I asked to cut my hours down (even though I'm only doing 16 atm) they'd tell me to get my coat and not bother coming back. In a few weeks I'll be going down to where I used to work as they've taken that over and are renovating that as well, it'll be a night club at night so soooo much better to work in, I need to wait for that.

Unfortunately the teacher has been like that since November, we complained about him in Decemeber, and again in February, it's ridiculous. I hate it when people fight and argue and he just makes the rest of the class so annoyed and angry with his rude manner and blatant lying that voices get raised and I start to worry :o:

Latest

Trending

Trending