Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: Your teacher sounds like an arse, just ignore him he's probably almost as stressed as you are! Just try doing a little bit everyday and you will get there :console:

If you need a day or so off work why not ask/call in sick?
    I've already mucked them around a fair bit - only been open for a week and a bit, and I've only done 4 shifts, already I had to change one to a later shift because of college and on Tuesday I had to go in and ask to finish early as I had an emergency lesson the next day at 9am that was compulsory and they didn't tell us about until that Tuesday (day before, I was meant to work 4 til 2am, I ended up doing 4 til 10pm) - They really aren't happy with me anyway as I fail completely at the food delivery side of it and find the bar work boring as it's very stilted, pour one pint, take money, stand for 20 minutes waiting for next person, pour another pint. When you open a new place you're meant to have a few weeks honeymoon where every man and his dog comes in, but we're dead! I think honestly if I asked to cut my hours down (even though I'm only doing 16 atm) they'd tell me to get my coat and not bother coming back. In a few weeks I'll be going down to where I used to work as they've taken that over and are renovating that as well, it'll be a night club at night so soooo much better to work in, I need to wait for that.

Unfortunately the teacher has been like that since November, we complained about him in Decemeber, and again in February, it's ridiculous. I hate it when people fight and argue and he just makes the rest of the class so annoyed and angry with his rude manner and blatant lying that voices get raised and I start to worry :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I've already mucked them around a fair bit - only been open for a week and a bit, and I've only done 4 shifts, already I had to change one to a later shift because of college and on Tuesday I had to go in and ask to finish early as I had an emergency lesson the next day at 9am that was compulsory and they didn't tell us about until that Tuesday (day before, I was meant to work 4 til 2am, I ended up doing 4 til 10pm) - They really aren't happy with me anyway as I fail completely at the food delivery side of it and find the bar work boring as it's very stilted, pour one pint, take money, stand for 20 minutes waiting for next person, pour another pint. When you open a new place you're meant to have a few weeks honeymoon where every man and his dog comes in, but we're dead! I think honestly if I asked to cut my hours down (even though I'm only doing 16 atm) they'd tell me to get my coat and not bother coming back. In a few weeks I'll be going down to where I used to work as they've taken that over and are renovating that as well, it'll be a night club at night so soooo much better to work in, I need to wait for that.

Unfortunately the teacher has been like that since November, we complained about him in Decemeber, and again in February, it's ridiculous. I hate it when people fight and argue and he just makes the rest of the class so annoyed and angry with his rude manner and blatant lying that voices get raised and I start to worry :o:
    :hugs: IMO, 16 hours is quite a lot whilst studying A levels/equivalent. I don't know what to suggest (too numb again, beats the blind panic of early though) but just focus on moving to that better place to work and not having to deal with that teacher again! He sounds appalling.

i suppose i am lucky with the fact i dont have to work, though i do ahve 3 kids to deal with but i work round thier school hours, i am sure its really not easy to work and do college at the same timei think i will be lucky as well at uni as again i dont have to have a job with it, inless i take up the offer i have had to become an ambassador.
    I do suppose i can see how hard it is to have a job and do course work as i have the kids to deal with and have days where i do not have the time to do any work as they have afterschool stuff to be driven too and then there is still the house work with washing, cooking washinmg pots to get done (the hosue work on thw whole has fallen by the wayside this past year! urgh, kids and hubby will need to help a lot more when im at uni!)

ReputationRep:
    Working 16 hours is not an excuse. I go to college with a guy who's an assistant manager in a shoe shop and he's doing fine, despite working 20 hours a week and suffering from bipolar. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    :cry: I can't cope. Why can't I be numb again? At least then I don't care. Stupid exams, I feel like I can't breathe I'm so stressed! Or maybe that's a panic attack starting. ****. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    :cry: I can't cope. Why can't I be numb again? At least then I don't care. Stupid exams, I feel like I can't breathe I'm so stressed! Or maybe that's a panic attack starting. ****. :cry:
    :console: Relax sweetie, the exams will be done soon, then you have a lovely long summer to chill out in

ReputationRep:
    :console: Relax sweetie, the exams will be done soon, then you have a lovely long summer to chill out in
    I'm trying, I really am but I will be crushed if I don't get at least a B in History (TBH I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't get an A), but the textbook is so full of waffle and unnecessary BS that it's freaking me out. I know it's not relevant but... URGH. I'm slowly calming down, but it's a very controlled calm...

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying, I really am but I will be crushed if I don't get at least a B in History (TBH I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't get an A), but the textbook is so full of waffle and unnecessary BS that it's freaking me out. I know it's not relevant but... URGH. I'm slowly calming down, but it's a very controlled calm...
    B? Wow! I got a U in History. I know what you mean, I know that I won't get an A in my maths retake and that I'll be disappointed with that, but sometimes we need to take a step back and think about the wider picture. In order to achieve the A that you can get, you need to do effective revision. In order to do effective revision, and attain your true potential, you need to be calm and take things in properly. What's your revision timetable? I'd suggest not doing any after about 9pm, unless it's extra reading, because you just won't take it in.

ReputationRep:
    B? Wow! I got a U in History. I know what you mean, I know that I won't get an A in my maths retake and that I'll be disappointed with that, but sometimes we need to take a step back and think about the wider picture. In order to achieve the A that you can get, you need to do effective revision. In order to do effective revision, and attain your true potential, you need to be calm and take things in properly. What's your revision timetable? I'd suggest not doing any after about 9pm, unless it's extra reading, because you just won't take it in.
    History was my strongest subject, now I'm going to screw it up :cry:

I know I need to calm, but I have 3 days. I just feel so... I just can't cope with any of this, I already know I can't cope with a poxy 4 hours/week job, now I can't cope with education. I'm a ******* failure.

I just want to die, I know that's not a rational response to any of this but it's all I think about most days and I hate it. I just want to be happy again, but I can't see that happening.

ReputationRep:
    History was my strongest subject, now I'm going to screw it up :cry:

I know I need to calm, but I have 3 days. I just feel so... I just can't cope with any of this, I already know I can't cope with a poxy 4 hours/week job, now I can't cope with education. I'm a ******* failure.
    NO, you will screw up if you let yourself. Think about it logically. If you spend the next 3 days consolidating what you know already (which is obviously a lot), then you'll go into the exam and you will know the subject inside out. You will write an awesome set of essays and you'll get the grade you deserve. If you spend the next 3 days stressed out, worrying, not taking anything in, working til the small hours and not getting enough sleep then you'll be even more stressed in the exam and you won't do yourself any justice. You're so close to the end! So close!

ReputationRep:
    NO, you will screw up if you let yourself. Think about it logically. If you spend the next 3 days consolidating what you know already (which is obviously a lot), then you'll go into the exam and you will know the subject inside out. You will write an awesome set of essays and you'll get the grade you deserve. If you spend the next 3 days stressed out, worrying, not taking anything in, working til the small hours and not getting enough sleep then you'll be even more stressed in the exam and you won't do yourself any justice. You're so close to the end! So close!
    I don't know most of the stuff because I never went to the lessons, I'm still trying to learn some of this. I'm screwed either way.

ReputationRep:
    Found out that I've failed my National Diploma. Waste of 2 years really. They were two properly **** years though so I'm glad to have got through it. Depression and my ED messed me up at the start of college and just got worse as it went on, but now it's going to look really bad to future employers. I'm a lot better than I was but I'm scared that it'll get worse again in September when I go to uni. And if anyone questions what happened in those two years and I briefly explain, they wont wanna employ me in case I get messed up again.

I'm dreading having to tell my mum that I've failed. I might chicken out and say that I passed to avoid all the hate I'd get from her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalou098)
    Found out that I've failed my National Diploma. Waste of 2 years really. They were two properly **** years though so I'm glad to have got through it. Depression and my ED messed me up at the start of college and just got worse as it went on, but now it's going to look really bad to future employers. I'm a lot better than I was but I'm scared that it'll get worse again in September when I go to uni. And if anyone questions what happened in those two years and I briefly explain, they wont wanna employ me in case I get messed up again.

I'm dreading having to tell my mum that I've failed. I might chicken out and say that I passed to avoid all the hate I'd get from her.
    And then you take them to a tribunal and get their arses whooped for discrimination. :yep: You can NOT be turned down for a job because of a pre-existing medical condition unless you are physically unsuitable for the job. :yy:

Sorry you failed, was your uni offer dependant on it? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried about exam results day... I'm really worried about what I'll do when I don't get into uni :erm: I know they're just exams, but I don't react well to doing badly :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalou098)

:console: Sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, I've had a crap time during sixth form and looks like I'm pretty much failing my A Levels :sigh:. Anyway, I'm sure you can somehow work things out in time.

I'm really worried about exam results day... I'm really worried about what I'll do when I don't get into uni :erm: I know they're just exams, but I don't react well to doing badly :erm:
    Me too :afraid:. You'll probably have done well though, and even if you didn't, it's not the end of the world. There's always a second chance :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Me too :afraid:. You'll probably have done well though, and even if you didn't, it's not the end of the world. There's always a second chance :hugs:
    I'm pretty sure I'll miss my offers :erm:

I know, but I'll still be crushed that's just the type of person I am :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Same - I just saw that thread too

I'm so scared as I need to get three A's and if I don't, my mum is going have no idea why I didn't get three A's. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I'll miss my offers :erm:

I know, but I'll still be crushed that's just the type of person I am :sad:
    We all get crushed by bad events, it's a normal human reaction. Well, you don't know your results yet, you may as well just concentrate on finishing the exams you have left (if you have any), and then sit back, relax and enjoy your summer. Try to be optimistic, you got good AS results, so it doesn't really seem likely you'll do bad and miss your offers. Once you've completely all your exams, it'll be totally out of your hands from then, so you may as well try not to too worry too much till the actual results day at least. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Blargh.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, what's the deal with people who don't know you calling you "moron" or "idiot" through neg rep when you write a perfectly plausible opinion/comment? Especially when you have all these blatantly idiotic trolls and nasty people on this forum who deserve it more. See, this is the main reason I don't like neg rep, it's just an excuse for people to be mean to each other for no good reason. I've had enough of dumb insults from real life thank you very much, don't need it from here either. OK, I know it's a small thing to complain about, but still, it's one of the many irritating things in life making me lose faith in humanity :sigh:.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.