Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Jeez, what's the deal with people who don't know you calling you "moron" or "idiot" through neg rep when you write a perfectly plausible opinion/comment? Especially when you have all these blatantly idiotic trolls and nasty people on this forum who deserve it more. See, this is the main reason I don't like neg rep, it's just an excuse for people to be mean to each other for no good reason. I've had enough of dumb insults from real life thank you very much, don't need it from here either. OK, I know it's a small thing to complain about, but still, it's one of the many irritating things in life making me lose faith in humanity :sigh:.
    I had this too about a month ago :hugs: Add the worst offenders to your ignore list and avoid those forums if you can (H&R is really bad for it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I had this too about a month ago :hugs: Add the worst offenders to your ignore list and avoid those forums if you can (H&R is really bad for it)
    Funnily enough, I don't really ever getted negged in H&R, just everywhere else, lol. No, this last one happened in the World Cup forum, when I said I didn't know who Robert Green was, someone negged me and called me an idiot :shifty:. Just because I ain't so football obsessed like everyone else :rolleyes:. I don't know who it is either, because people usually don't leave their names. Oh well, will just have to ignore it.

Though, if I ever get to one or two yellow gems, and I get a sub again, I may use my higher power to start revenge negging everyone who gave me dumb insulting negs, payback hehehe. Or maybe not (probably too childish of me to sink to their level, eh?). We'll see :P

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough, I don't really ever getted negged in H&R, just everywhere else, lol. No, this last one happened in the World Cup forum, when I said I didn't know who Robert Green was, someone negged me and called me an idiot :shifty:. Just because I ain't so football obsessed like everyone else :rolleyes:. I don't know who it is either, because people usually don't leave their names. Oh well, will just have to ignore it.

Though, if I ever get to one or two yellow gems, and I get a sub again, I may use my higher power to start revenge negging everyone who gave me dumb insulting negs, payback hehehe. Or maybe not (probably too childish of me to sink to their level). We'll see :P
    That's what I did :ninja: :p:

Soooooooooooooo tired. Must finish essay. Must not fall asleep before essay is finished.

ReputationRep:

Though, if I ever get to one or two yellow gems, and I get a sub again, I may use my higher power to start revenge negging everyone who gave me dumb insulting negs, payback hehehe. Or maybe not (probably too childish of me to sink to their level, eh?). We'll see :P
    Yeah, just ignore it. I've had people neg me because I'd tried helping them and they were too lazy to follow the instructions. People on the internet can be downright rude.

And :teehee: to the other bit

I know I'm still ill. One little set back makes me feel like my whole world's crashed down in front of me :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I know I'm still ill. One little set back makes me feel like my whole world's crashed down in front of me :erm:
    :hugs: But at the same time you've been getting better haven't you? So you're making progress :console:

What happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    That's what I did :ninja: :p:

Soooooooooooooo tired. Must finish essay. Must not fall asleep before essay is finished.
    That's cool :p: Hope you finish your essay :yep:

:hugs: But at the same time you've been getting better haven't you? So you're making progress :console:

What happened?
    Fair point but sometimes it doesn't feel like it :sad:

That 41 on that paper. My exam is on tuesday morning and I need about 60 in it :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Fair point but sometimes it doesn't feel like it :sad:

That 41 on that paper. My exam is on tuesday morning and I need about 60 in it :sad:
    :hugs: But look at your other scores, they're not all like that!

ReputationRep:
    That's cool :p: Hope you finish your essay :yep:
    It's unlikely, I'm so tired that I can't even focus my eyes properly, all I've written in the last hour is about 25 words.

:hugs: But look at your other scores, they're not all like that!
    Those are the ones I used the mark scheme for. That one was a true one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Those are the ones I used the mark scheme for. That one was a true one.
    Well you should start picking up the methods, maths for me always seems to be: hard, hard, hard, hard, oh okay WTH, I get it. There doesn't seem to be any increase in knowledge and then suddenly it clicks. Of course, I screwed up C2 anyway but just keep trying :hugs: You'll get there

ReputationRep:
    And then you take them to a tribunal and get their arses whooped for discrimination. :yep: You can NOT be turned down for a job because of a pre-existing medical condition unless you are physically unsuitable for the job. :yy:

Sorry you failed, was your uni offer dependant on it? :hugs:
    Oh well hopefully it'll work out ok then
    Nope it wasn't thankfully. If it had I dont know what I wouldve done.

ReputationRep:
    Wish I knew if life was worth living. Cos everyone keeps telling me I'll get better, but that doesn't mean that they're right. I'm just so sick of waiting to stop feeling like this and there isn't even anything I can do to help myself. The drugs helped for a little while but not any more. Can't even tell if I'm getting worse or just staying the same. Just so ******* tired. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Essay handed in.

Got another due for tomorrow, and then two due next week, one not set yet but one I've done 95% of so that's not a worry.

I'mignoringtheloadofITthatIhaven ocluehowtodobecauseourteacherisf eckinawful:sad:

ReputationRep:
    Essay handed in.

Got another due for tomorrow, and then two due next week, one not set yet but one I've done 95% of so that's not a worry.

I'mignoringtheloadofITthatIhaven ocluehowtodobecauseourteacherisf eckinawful:sad:
    Well done! :woo: Best of luck with your other essays :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that just when I think 'Wow, I'm happy' the tears are just seconds away? The things is, yes I have gotten worse but I feel better in a way... I guess I'm just adapting to the thoughts and now know when it starts getting bad to just go to sleep. Not the best strategy and normally ends in bad dreams (last night was like a horror movie and finsihed seconds before my own death, thanks for that brain, I won't be able to go on mini buses for weeks now :dry:) but it stops the worst of it :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Why am I so ******* guarded? :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I know I've not really posted in here, but thought I'd chip in to say it makes me feel more at ease knowing there are definitely others out there who struggle to cope and have to live with depression. I saw a private counsellor for a bit last year, but there was no real progress there really - it was just someone I could go and rant to where things were confidential, but it didn't do much good. I probably could have done that with anyone I trusted not to pass anything on, but unfortunately I don't let many people in that close or am that friendly with... I don't want people to see the 'real' me, i.e. all the complex thoughts/feelings I have. I'm scared they'd just run a mile.

I felt like I'd hit rock bottom late last year, so finally went to see my GP who put me on a waiting list for a CBT therapist to deal with my anxiety/depression. It's so annoying because I know my thinking and the way I'm feeling is just utterly pointless and I should focus on moving forward... I'm coming towards the end of my teen years now, and tbh, now should be the time I feel like everything can be tied together and I can move forward. But, all my thoughts and stuff just hold me back and make me feel terrible and it's so frustrating. Can't really enjoy the summer atm because hardly anyone's about, and I just feel stuck in a rut/scared to even try anything new. I've had some low intensity CBT sessions which mainly consist of telephone appointments over the last 12 weeks or so, and I'll be moving up to high intensity sessions (more face-to-face/counselling methods I guess?) as soon as possible, so will hopefully get a few of those in once a week over the summer.

ReputationRep:
    :cry: The panic/verge of tears stuff is happening earlier than normal today. I hate how much I've screwed myself over for these exam and despite the fact that deep down, I know that form where I stand right now I need a year out/to stay at sixth form rather than going to uni because I just won't cope and messing up A levels is more manageable than messing up a year at uni but I still desperately want to get into uni this year :cry:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.