Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i know this is probably not what you all want to hear but i seriously wish i wasnt eating right now as im the exact opposite in that i comfort eat and i am really unfit right now it disgusts me
    want to lose weight but cannot see it happening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asobi seksu)
    I have...Its just getting me very worked up as I'm trying to learn the tiny amount of social skills I had before all my problems occured...
    It feels like my last chance and I don't want it to be a self fulfilling prophecy...
    Don't let it be a self fulfilling prophecy. if you allow yourself to think that it will then it tend to usually is. As you said a few post back you want it to be a new start, Just bounce into it, Its good that your doing something then letting the past few years dig into you and stop you from doing anything.
    :hugs: oh and welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i know this is probably not what you all want to hear but i seriously wish i wasnt eating right now as im the exact opposite in that i comfort eat and i am really unfit right now it disgusts me
    want to lose weight but cannot see it happening
    in some places (unsure where) but doctors can actually provide half price monthly gym passes because its been proven that exercise is good for depression so maybe see if your gp's do this.

ReputationRep:
    Had a nightmare again its a completely new one and right now i want to cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna Cannon)
    Had a nightmare again its a completely new one and right now i want to cry
    *hugs*
    just keep reminding yourself that it didn't happen and it isn't going to happen. It's just a dream, something your brain has created to sort through the way you're feeling. I know they suck, and sometimes it feels like your own mind is against you but there isn't much you can do but look at it rationally, then take your mind off things by going for a walk or something.

It was my day off today but phil was in on his own with more than one person should have to do so I said to my manager I could help out. we got shouted at, an argument between phil and the manager ensued, I helped out until 9 and then said I couldn't do it any more and walked out. I feel terrible for leaving phil like that but I don't know what I can do. The place is doing my head in. I went out of my way to help today and the way I was treated was appalling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    *hugs*
    just keep reminding yourself that it didn't happen and it isn't going to happen. It's just a dream, something your brain has created to sort through the way you're feeling. I know they suck, and sometimes it feels like your own mind is against you but there isn't much you can do but look at it rationally, then take your mind off things by going for a walk or something.

It was my day off today but phil was in on his own with more than one person should have to do so I said to my manager I could help out. we got shouted at, an argument between phil and the manager ensued, I helped out until 9 and then said I couldn't do it any more and walked out. I feel terrible for leaving phil like that but I don't know what I can do. The place is doing my head in. I went out of my way to help today and the way I was treated was appalling.
    :hugs:thats really unfair you should have said something

ReputationRep:
    im suffering from excruciating toothache im gonna have to see a dentist and i dont wanna see anyone right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    :hugs: How are you Immunity?
    Hey, how are you :hugs:feeling any better since you finished uni?

Sorry for the late reply, am feeling pretty rough recently but I am still here and fighting.

ReputationRep:
    *!

ReputationRep:
    I keep feeling hopeless. My whole body is playing up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terrorfication)
    Hey, I'm feeling depressed because as in three weeks I embark on the last year of my GCSE's I am feeling snowed under. It feels like after every piece of work, coursework and test I do that there is another tonne of revision work to do. Another constitute to my growing pain is the fear that my grades may not even be that good. I am aiming for 7-10A*'s but looking on TSR makes me feel like they are just average. Another problem is that right now I am contemplating not being able to drag my C grades in History and German up to an A* (which would be a disaster), this is a problem because I know I can do it through hard work, motivation and becoming a man. Right now everything in my life should be revolving around getting 7-10A*'s but it isnt and the lack of motivation, dedication, hard work and perseverance is just in a superficial form. I need to snap out of this worrying and useless state and become what I deeply can be, a great academic as well as a decent well rouded person.

cool fo dat
    gcses..oh how i wish i could go back and redo mine lol
    if you have your heart set on something you will succeed especially at these which are doable
    most people always do better than they expected but it has to be said your standards are high

i guess youll just have to persevere with the work and stay strong!
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    feeling low, had a good day out today but now i'm back i feel **** again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxkaylsxx)
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxkaylsxx)
    :hugs: its good that you had a good time whilst out. but that getting back feeling really sucks :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking the prozac (fluoxetine) for the first time this eve, really scared as there are some nasty looking side effects. I just want to ring the doc and ask if I really need to take it. But I just feel like crying and sleeping today, so I know I should

ReputationRep:
    i'm seeing the doc weds....i'm scared, what if he doesn't take me seriously or i can't get my words out or that day is a good day where i think they'res nothing wrong with me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzle)
    i'm seeing the doc weds....i'm scared, what if he doesn't take me seriously or i can't get my words out or that day is a good day where i think they'res nothing wrong with me?
    it will be ok :hugs: the doctor won't just ask about that day in general but will ask you about your mood the past so many weeks. just let doc know how you have been feeling and it'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzle)
    Don't be scared. He will take you seriously, he's there to help. Just be honest with him, even if you feel good that day, tell him how you've been feeling. Be strong, okay? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GR29KHS)
    I'm taking the prozac (fluoxetine) for the first time this eve, really scared as there are some nasty looking side effects. I just want to ring the doc and ask if I really need to take it. But I just feel like crying and sleeping today, so I know I should
    unfortunately the side effects are pretty bad with it though you may experience none. How ever if you start getting worse thoughts you need to speak to your doctor immediately and get you transfered to a different anti depressant because some of the side effects could be very damaging to your health

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks. Will just go for it. If I can sleep I guess that will help if I get some within the first few hours.The hair loss thing us a little worrying, although google tells me that it's rare and unlikely to be connected to the drug itself and purely coincidental

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.