Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    Thank you ill try though i really should get started with this biology revision *sigh*
    :hugs: Urgh Biology. So should I, but I decided to get ill instead an waste a perfectly good pizza. :dry:

I found sitting outside in the sun helped me revise today, it just made it that bit more bearable. But then I got distracted by a stray cat :erm:

God, my attention span is bad today haha. Revision comes lower than focussing on feeling better, so don't push yourself, maybe have a nice relaxing evening and do a tiny bit? :console:

ReputationRep:
    Fathers day today. I want a hug from my Dad so bad :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Fathers day today. I want a hug from my Dad so bad :cry:
    *hug*

ReputationRep:
    Had a dream about hanging myself. It was far too realistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Regularly get bad dreams?

We can swap if you like I keep having some annoying girl killing me in my dreams with laser eyes Really doesn't make any sense, and it's getting annoying after 3 weeks of the same thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Regularly get bad dreams?

We can swap if you like I keep having some annoying girl killing me in my dreams with laser eyes Really doesn't make any sense, and it's getting annoying after 3 weeks of the same thing!
    Always weird, mostly nightmarish.

Deal. Although I warn you I sometimes get people chasing me with knives. Girl with laser eyes sounds way cooler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I've been seeing them for just over 2 years. Think it depends on the actual team you get on how good they'll be. The psychiatrist I saw on the first team before I moved area was pretty awesome, and CPN was awesome could always text her to ring me (I don't like ringing people) if I was feeling bad or wanted advice or anything really, she was always willing to help in any way possible. If I needed to see the dr I could do that generally really fast no problems there. And they tended to listen to me as well and if I really didn't want to do something then they take it into account. There was other people too like occupational therapist and er...other people who would talk to me or give advice or whatever depending what the problem was. All in all very good.

Since moving areas, again key worker is great but psychiatrist not so good, doesn't listen, difficult to get appointments with her, not "cool", haven't seen any other members of the team except one once, oh and a psychologist who is pretty good, sorry psychologist with the other one too which was good too.

Er...sorry if that doesn't make sense, but if you have any specific questions or whatever feel free to ask and I'll try to help. Either here or pm, whatever.
    I hope they're good they seem quite proactive anyway, my uncle who's a CPN phoned them up and started the referral for me. They seem to be much more efficient than the services where I am now, they sent letters to my GP and current CPN & Psychiatrist saying they were beginning a transfer of services for next month. Just outright told them they were doing it. It's good to finally have some people taking a direct approach rather than the current people I see who just write me a prescription and send me on my way :rolleyes:

I just wasn't aware of what services they actually provide really, because my current care has basically just been prescription after prescription and that's about it.

Sorry to hear that your current psychiatrist isn't so good. It's annoying that services are so patchy from area to area.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't mean to denigrate but isn't a 'society' for depression a bit strange?

Again I'm not trying to be insulting, just throwing it out there....

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

It is only a dream though, try not to let it get to you in anyway because dreams don't mean anything.

I had a really nice one...got a puppy :o:

ReputationRep:
    Always weird, mostly nightmarish.

Deal. Although I warn you I sometimes get people chasing me with knives. Girl with laser eyes sounds way cooler.
    Set laser girl on the knife wielders and I think we can kill two birds with one stone :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)

No, it means we can ask questions about therapies etc that we may be about to start that others have an experience of etc. It's incredibly useful IMO.

ReputationRep:

In what way is it strange?

It's a group where people can talk about what they're going through and get it off their chest, get advice, etc.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    No, it means we can ask questions about therapies etc that we may be about to start that others have an experience of etc. It's incredibly useful IMO.
    I see, that makes sense =]

Fair enoughs, everyone has their own way of dealing with these things I guess (Y)

All the best.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    In what way is it strange?

It's a group where people can talk about what they're going through and get it off their chest, get advice, etc.
    Just seemed slightly perverse but I was looking at it the wrong way - society to me implys a celebration of a concept/thing. I just got it wrong is all.

ReputationRep:
    Just seemed slightly perverse but I was looking at it the wrong way - society to me implys a celebration of a concept/thing. I just got it wrong is all.
    IMO, it's no different from the LGBT soc - there you can also get help and advice as well as going slightly off track and discussing better things as sometimes happens in here.

Society doesn't at all imply a celebration to me, just a group of people discussing things that they all enjoy/are affected by.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have no idea what that LGBT society is.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what that LGBT society is.
    Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans soc.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans soc.
    Not really IMO. Depression is inherently negative, those things are not.

Seriously I was not trying to attack the society, I just didn't understand why it existed tbh - why people would have a 'depression club' as such. Now I know it's not like that I better understand it

ReputationRep:
    I hope they're good they seem quite proactive anyway, my uncle who's a CPN phoned them up and started the referral for me. They seem to be much more efficient than the services where I am now, they sent letters to my GP and current CPN & Psychiatrist saying they were beginning a transfer of services for next month. Just outright told them they were doing it. It's good to finally have some people taking a direct approach rather than the current people I see who just write me a prescription and send me on my way :rolleyes:

I just wasn't aware of what services they actually provide really, because my current care has basically just been prescription after prescription and that's about it.

Sorry to hear that your current psychiatrist isn't so good. It's annoying that services are so patchy from area to area.
    That's great things are starting to get moving for you, from posts by you which I've read (I'm not spying! :p: ) it does seem like you do need some help so I hope these new people will be helpful.

As for what services they provide it's pretty much whatever you would find helpful. They have CPNs, psychiatrists, psychologists obviously, but also people who can help in other areas of your life like getting qualifications, jobs, or even just organizing your day/going to the supermarket. There are other people as well, all with fun job titles but I don't remember what. Basically, they should be able to help with whatever it is you need help with. Or that's the theory. They'll probably explain everything to you when they first meet you.

Meh, I don't much care about my psychiatrist tbh, from what she's been thinkings of moving me to someone else, so hopefully it'll get better.

ReputationRep:
    Not really IMO. Depression is inherently negative, those things are not.

Seriously I was not trying to attack the society, I just didn't understand why it existed tbh - why people would have a 'depression club' as such. Now I know it's not like that I better understand it
    No, I mean that people would turn the LGBT for help and advice, that's exactly what happens here. This is in no way a pro-depression club, it's a place to come and discuss how you're feeling, get support from members how are doing better than you that day etc. It's a place to come and say 'I'm feeling really low and I want to...' whatever it is - cutting, feeling suicidal, just want to know what will happen when you see the doctor, and then just having friendly members helping you really helps, they help you to learn how to cope that little bit, get the courage up to see the GP, know when to go back to teh GP if you're not getting along with antidepressants or something etc.

IMO, it is a purely positive thing. Of course we discuss very negative things, what about depression is positive? But the fact that we have somewhere away from the trolls and without having to bring attention to ourselves and can learn more about the way the support and treatment for depression works is in my eyes, only a positive thing. Without this society I'd be in a much worse place because I would have very few people around me who understand depression and the treatment, to be honest I don't yet understand any of it, and it's always nice to know what to expect when going to see a doctor/psychiatrist/CPN etc.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.