Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I know that feeling, it's horrible sweating your ass off in the summer. Obviously it depends on the marks, but is there anything else you could wear instead? If it's mostly your wrists then a chinky watch or loads of hippy bracelets. Wrist + slightly higher, I used to tie half a bandana around my arm which had kind of a skater look (well....I didn't think it looked too stupid :p: A bit different but that's my style). Further up your arm you could try arm warmers though they might look a little strange in summer. Right now I'm rocking the elasticated tubular support bandage look, which does the job not too conspicuously. Slightly higher you could wear 1/2 or 3/4 length sleeves which although still hot should be cooler than a cardigan. Erm...I dunno, just a few suggestions because it's horrible being so hot. Sorry if that's not helpful.
    No, all helpful. I have a chunky watch at the moment, only had it a year but the alcohol has slowly started to dissolve it and the strap is going so I need to find a new one soon! That takes cares of my wrist, generally. The cuts further up are right by my shoulder, over the middle third of my upper arm, really sodding annoying as they're too low for t-shirts and too high for 3/4 lengths. Which I find too hot anyway! At least I have a couple of lightweight cardigans that are half length and a nice light material to wear. I thought about going with the support bandage idea, but they're a bit too high up for that to look normal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Report them and forget them - They're not worth the upset you feel. They're scum on the bottom of your shoes... :hugs:

Too hot, I have to wear a cardigan all the time atm. Sod. :o:
    It's nothing that can be reported, just some ********* saying depression isn't real, don't deserve anything and all that crap.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :cry: I want out. Or at least exams over. I don't have the energy any more. I guess when exams are over I'll be free for a few months to just do nothing, but it's getting through the next 3 days that I'm worried about. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :cry: I want out. Or at least exams over. I don't have the energy any more. I guess when exams are over I'll be free for a few months to just do nothing, but it's getting through the next 3 days that I'm worried about. :erm:
    3 days? Wow, that's not long! You're so nearly finished, it's not worth backing out now. :hugs: I have three more essays to write and then I'm done, so I know how you feel, it's that final push that requires all the motivation!

Right, come on, let's have a random excited 'NEARLY DONEEEEE' moment :woo: :eek3: :woo: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    3 days? Wow, that's not long! You're so nearly finished, it's not worth backing out now. :hugs: I have three more essays to write and then I'm done, so I know how you feel, it's that final push that requires all the motivation!

Right, come on, let's have a random excited 'NEARLY DONEEEEE' moment :woo: :eek3: :woo: :yep:
    But I've barely started revision for either of them, which means these next 3 days will be filled with panic attacks, which I really don't want.

ReputationRep:
    No, all helpful. I have a chunky watch at the moment, only had it a year but the alcohol has slowly started to dissolve it and the strap is going so I need to find a new one soon! That takes cares of my wrist, generally. The cuts further up are right by my shoulder, over the middle third of my upper arm, really sodding annoying as they're too low for t-shirts and too high for 3/4 lengths. Which I find too hot anyway! At least I have a couple of lightweight cardigans that are half length and a nice light material to wear. I thought about going with the support bandage idea, but they're a bit too high up for that to look normal!
    Probably not if you're working behind a bar but if you're just out and about would a light summer top with some kind of shirt open over it work? I've seen that fashion quite a lot, it looks cute and if the shirt on top was thin it shouldn't be too hot hopefully. Rolled up sleeves might be long enough to cover the cuts higher up your arm.

I dunno...don't really know a thing about fashion :p:

But I've barely started revision for either of them, which means these next 3 days will be filled with panic attacks, which I really don't want.
    :hugs: c'mon, not many left you can do it. It's difficult yes, but it's not impossible, and after this it's all over you can do whatever the **** you want and forget about everything for a few months.

I had an exam today, one of the 2 I was sure I'd fail. Went over a couple of random bits yesterday on msn with someone, and those exact bits came up! :eek: Also a perfect question about my speciality. I'm pretty sure I haven't failed, probably haven't don't great but it's better than a fail. Only one more (though it's the hardest one) to go. Then FREEEEEEEEEDOM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Probably not if you're working behind a bar but if you're just out and about would a light summer top with some kind of shirt open over it work? I've seen that fashion quite a lot, it looks cute and if the shirt on top was thin it shouldn't be too hot hopefully. Rolled up sleeves might be long enough to cover the cuts higher up your arm.

I dunno...don't really know a thing about fashion :p:

:hugs: c'mon, not many left you can do it. It's difficult yes, but it's not impossible, and after this it's all over you can do whatever the **** you want and forget about everything for a few months.

I had an exam today, one of the 2 I was sure I'd fail. Went over a couple of random bits yesterday on msn with someone, and those exact bits came up! :eek: Also a perfect question about my speciality. I'm pretty sure I haven't failed, probably haven't don't great but it's better than a fail. Only one more (though it's the hardest one) to go. Then FREEEEEEEEEDOM.
    I can't do it, that's the thing, I barely have the energy to get out of bed, let alone revise or sit the exams. I just can't be ******* bothered with this. This is life? Really? Well it sucks. And my Dad's still pushing for me to get a job, so I won't be able to do whatever I want. Nothing will improve once these exams are over. Even if by some miracle I do well, it won't change anything. It won't change how I feel or what's going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    I can't do it, that's the thing, I barely have the energy to get out of bed, let alone revise or sit the exams. I just can't be ******* bothered with this. This is life? Really? Well it sucks. And my Dad's still pushing for me to get a job, so I won't be able to do whatever I want. Nothing will improve once these exams are over. Even if by some miracle I do well, it won't change anything. It won't change how I feel or what's going to happen.
    This is your life right now. For the next three days, at least. Once they're over, life will change, it'll be free of exams and panicking and you'll be having fun. Think about that! Would you rather spend the summer happy that you've tried your best or upset that you didn't revise as much as you could've and worrying about your results?

Saber, I like that idea, thankfully for work all my shirts are long enough to cover!

ReputationRep:
    You obviously feel terrible and I'm sorry :hugs:

There's so much more to life than exams and you won't even remember them in a couple of years. This just has to be life for the next 3 days and then you're free.

I know your dad wants you to get a job but surely he wouldn't actually make you? It's also quite hard to get a job at this time of year so you can always half-heartedly try. Or perhaps there is somewhere you wouldn't mind working so much. There's some coffee shops and nice quiet cafes that I wouldn't mind working at part-time.

Anyway I dont think you should resign yourself to having a rubbish summer yet. What you do this summer should be your choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    You obviously feel terrible and I'm sorry :hugs:

There's so much more to life than exams and you won't even remember them in a couple of years. This just has to be life for the next 3 days and then you're free.

I know your dad wants you to get a job but surely he wouldn't actually make you? It's also quite hard to get a job at this time of year so you can always half-heartedly try. Or perhaps there is somewhere you wouldn't mind working so much. There's some coffee shops and nice quiet cafes that I wouldn't mind working at part-time.

Anyway I dont think you should resign yourself to having a rubbish summer yet. What you do this summer should be your choice.
    But the nest few years of my life are just going to be exams. If not that, then stuck in a mindless job that I couldn't care less about. I don't want to do either and I don't want to have to be independent either. I just want things to stay exactly as they are, but they're not and I hate that.

He'll keep on about it though. And about learning to drive. I live in a tiny village with pretty much no jobs, so getting one shouldn't happen anyway.

I just want to sleep the summer away. All of it away.

What makes everything worse is that there is nothing anyone or I can do to make this go away.

ReputationRep:
    But the nest few years of my life are just going to be exams. If not that, then stuck in a mindless job that I couldn't care less about. I don't want to do either and I don't want to have to be independent either. I just want things to stay exactly as they are, but they're not and I hate that.

He'll keep on about it though. And about learning to drive. I live in a tiny village with pretty much no jobs, so getting one shouldn't happen anyway.

I just want to sleep the summer away. All of it away.

What makes everything worse is that there is nothing anyone or I can do to make this go away.
    Uni really isn't the same as A Levels. You have much more free time, and fewer exams and I'm sure you'll be better prepared for them. You'll have the time to do what you want without having to explain yourself. I think uni will be nice and I think the mark you get in first year usually doesn't count for anything so you don't even need to work very hard for a year.

I know you kind of want a break from everything and I obviously dont really know you but in my opinion I think you'd be happier at uni. Getting a menial job and learning to drive are both pretty miserable so my advice is to evade them if you can! Have you tried telling your dad you're just not up to it?

ReputationRep:
    Hello? Can someone give me a cuddle. I really need one right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starchild)
    Hello? Can someone give me a cuddle. I really need one right now
    :console: :hugs: :jumphug:

:grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :console: :hugs: :jumphug:

:grin:
    Merci :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starchild)
    Merci :grin:
    :hugs:

Sorry bit late

How you getting on? Haven't seen you in ages.

ReputationRep:
    I had my last HPV jab today (well, technically yesterday [Tuesday], since it's past midnight now), and surprisingly my arm's not been aching as much as it did the other two times. If only they had injections to prevent and cure depression and laziness though :sigh:. On the bright side, I had a good game of Quasar earlier this evening with my youth club :ahee:, and I absolutely loved it :woo:. Would really love to do that again

I really cannot stand school anymore, urgh :yucky:. I can't stand the work, the place, or the people :facepalm2:. I've decided that I will not be going back there in September, just no :no:. I don't even feel up for uni tbh, I'll never get the grades for anything decent at this point . Working in Abu Dhabi it is then. If I get the job that is, hopefully :erm:. If not, then, well, I'm pretty screwed

ReputationRep:
    Im not too good. Im currently waiting for my uni results so I am very nervous. Though I am working a lot to take my mind of it. I have an eye infection which has now spread to both eyes (it was only in my left to start with) and a rather yucky cold which just wont budge. Also by tomorrow Ive got to move all my stuff out of this student house, and i really want to do it as davisd parents wont let him come back to stay the night with me till its all done. And I really need to see him as I feel so low and vulnerable. Im surviving. Just.

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I havent chatted here in a very long time, had a lot of stuff to sort out. I have recently started dating again and its really hard and I dont know why I bother to be honest. Got dumped few days ago because he claimed i was the type of person who would cheat?? WHAT!!!

Anxieties back with a vengence atm. Its 5 days until my final exam and I'm under so much pressure, even though I sort of feel apathetic about it all. Got a lot on my mind atm as well so I'm just one big emotional cocktail atm, even though I seem ok to everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Anxieties back with a vengence atm. Its 5 days until my final exam and I'm under so much pressure, even though I sort of feel apathetic about it all. Got a lot on my mind atm as well so I'm just one big emotional cocktail atm, even though I seem ok to everyone else.
    Doing your final exam will make you feel better and proud, as you have achieved something great, see how you feel after that?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.