Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackfish)
    Meh, surviving... not been brilliant... But i'm proud of myself that I haven't reached the nervous breakdown stage yet... but it's getting close...

I've got so lonely now that I just hate myself so much... On a the plus side, work touch wood is going extremely well... but is it worth it if you don't have any kind of social life...?

My ex has been hassling me as well, we are really good friends but she wants me to go and see her as she's not having a great time either... I want to go, but i have reservations as usual...

God people can **** you up so much it's unbelieveable...

Anyway, how are things for you Jonathan?? :hugs:
    :hugs: I'm really glad that work, at least, is going well.

My social life is similarly **** at the moment, but I have a faint glimmer of hope that things might get a bit better when I start my postgraduate course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    Hello :hello:

No-one would choose to feel like this honey. :console:

You've started getting the ball rolling in making, getting to and going through with your 1st dr's appointment about it and a 2nd dr's appointment lined up. So you've already taken the 1st steps to standing up to and battling this.:yy:

You are very brave to have taken those 1st few steps. :hugs: It can be so hard opening up about stuff, especially depression and anxiety-disorders or related problems.

With depression it is important to try to keep up a Positive notebook of steps forward and progress that you have made, however big or small, as often with depression it is even the little things that are so hard to do and keep up. Also write down +ve things that have you have done or occurred/were there for each day. An extension of this for example, is that if something that happened in the day didn't have a negative impact on me and was OK/0 special that you usually don't pick up on or take notice of in day-to-day life, then I add that to the list too because it's less things that have gone wrong and are hard.

Don't beat yourself up though, if you don't remember to do this each day though, as that wont help things. :hugs: But after a few months you will have a folder full of these things, which before you ever kept this record, would have been discarded and that time period to just be dismissed under the general low-lying dark cloud of depression. So it makes you aware that things are happening and things are not always indiscriminably the same at a stationary trough of depression.

Hope that makes sense and helps a bit.:hugs:
    Thank you :hugs: Yes, it makes a lot of sense. And made me feel a bit better I'll try writing things down, atm everything just seems like so much effort though!

(Original post by jonathan122)
    Anything in particular troubling you? :hugs:
    Don't think so, but who knows. Thanks :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    feeling low annoyed, bit bored too.
    Hope everyone is feeling happier than me right now

ReputationRep:
    feeling low and lonely might go get my cookies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i feel like every day is the same. just emptiness and absolute nothingness. i wish the world was easier to get what you wanted.
    Me too. :console:

ReputationRep:
    I hope you guys are ok.

I tripped up the other night after over a year and I feel like I'm going to again. I really can't cope anymore.:cry:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Saber...

Back to the doctors tomorrow to see what she wants to do with me (I don't think my idea of throwing myself off a cliff and forgetting about it would go down well!), then I'm going out with friends/they're coming round in the evening so it'll be happy face on time again. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i hate that, kmn. no-one has a clue what goes on in my head in my own time.
    Know what you mean there! I think a couple of them are finally seeing through the smile which makes life a little bit harder for me (I'm too proud to admit that I'm unhappy) but most of them don't have a clue - I hope.

(Original post by Malsy)
    At school it's the worst. they just don't have a clue and when they ask if I'm ok I just say yeah. lies. sigh
    Perhaps you could confide in a teacher you trust.

(Original post by Malsy)
    perhaps, but I don't feel like talking will resolve things and I'd just burst into tears which i won't like. i guess maybe one day, i might, though
    Maybe you should. I contacted my tutor/History teacher by email, and she really helped. Things were not awkward at school either. Teachers are good at stuff like this, it is just a case of finding the right one. I made a friend out of it, we're still in touch now, almost two years on.

ReputationRep:
    :cry: I love my parents, apparently I'm a pathetic waste of space who doesn't have any redeeming qualities.

ReputationRep:
    anyone who wants to moan and have someone to bounce off - go ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    it's just there are so many things i want to do but cant cause im just never good enough. this is excluding the physical/mental aspect of 'can't' btw

:sad:
    like what? and what's stopping you?

if there's really no way round them (lets face it, some of us just aren't good at certain things) then just focus on the things you're good at and the opportunities you do have and throw all your energy in to them.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering why the depression soc wasn't coming up on my watched threads. Didn't know there was another thread...
    How is everyone? I'm not too good. Trying to explain to my mum that I'm not just being lazy and that depression is a real illness. I want to scream, I'm so tired of feeling this way.

ReputationRep:
    Scared ******** about tomorrow. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :cry: I love my parents, apparently I'm a pathetic waste of space who doesn't have any redeeming qualities.
    Why label yourself like that?

Also, what constitutes not being a 'waste of space' what is the criteria? Achievement?

Achievement does not equal worth believe it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hi I'm Jonathan)
    Why label yourself like that?

Also, what constitutes not being a 'waste of space' what is the criteria? Achievement?

Achievement does not equal worth believe it or not.
    she may not be labelling herself that but others may be, I know my parents often said I was a waste of their time, and that they would be so much better off without me.

ReputationRep:
    Doc has referred me to get some counselling - we both agreed there are probably underlying causes for why I feel like this and so it'd be better to try and sort them out first before jumping into meds or anything. Having a very good day today despite the docs appointment, lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Doc has referred me to get some counselling - we both agreed there are probably underlying causes for why I feel like this and so it'd be better to try and sort them out first before jumping into meds or anything. Having a very good day today despite the docs appointment, lol!
    That sounds like a good idea. Are you on a waiting list for counselling, or are you going private?

I'm glad you're having a good day. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Kinda low at the moment :sad:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.