Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Thank you so much :o: you made me feel all funny warm inside :love:
    I believe depression comes in waves and is always under the surface, it can be managed and can go very far below the surface but it will never go :bawling:
    I used to have a social worker/pysch and meds. I'm off all of them now, NHS are bloody useless unless you hurt yourself :sad: I also suffer from underlying EDNOS which is not fun

At the moment it feels like barely anyone caeres, I've been on and off badly for the last 2 years but have tried my best to control it for everyone else. Now it just feels like an emotional explosion, do you get me?

More importantly, after my ramble...how are you today :hugs: ?
    I have EDNOS (or rather am in recovery from it), so I understand the 'underneath the surface' thing, but it doesn't really affect me any more, and the same point can be reached with depression I believe. You need to see your GP and explain to them that you're not doing well again etc and push it until they get you help again. Also mention the EDNOS if you're up to it, I got amazing help from the NHS with my EDNOS :hugs: For that, have you tried beat, their message forums, helpline, recovery club etc? If not, there's a link in my profile.

People DO care, they probably just feel helpless to help you which probably just hurts them more, watching you feel like this and not knowing how to help. There are always people who care, remember that :console:

I'm fine thanks, so more important right now is you. :yep:

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I have EDNOS (or rather am in recovery from it), so I understand the 'underneath the surface' thing, but it doesn't really affect me any more, and the same point can be reached with depression I believe. You need to see your GP and explain to them that you're not doing well again etc and push it until they get you help again. Also mention the EDNOS if you're up to it, I got amazing help from the NHS with my EDNOS :hugs: For that, have you tried beat, their message forums, helpline, recovery club etc? If not, there's a link in my profile.

People DO care, they probably just feel helpless to help you which probably just hurts them more, watching you feel like this and not knowing how to help. There are always people who care, remember that :console:

I'm fine thanks, so more important right now is you. :yep:
    :hugs: I will try to go to the GP, I promise that. Just I have recently moved and I don't know the doctors at all Sounds pathetic I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    :hugs: I will try to go to the GP, I promise that. Just I have recently moved and I don't know the doctors at all Sounds pathetic I know.
    :hugs: It's not pathetic, that's a totally normal thing to be worried about. Why not call up for an appointment as soon as they're open and then you haver to go and get to know the doctors. They've been through medical school, so will understand and have learnt about mental health, you just have to be as honest as you can with them and they can help :hugs:

:hugs: It's not pathetic, that's a totally normal thing to be worried about. Why not call up for an appointment as soon as they're open and then you haver to go and get to know the doctors. They've been through medical school, so will understand and have learnt about mental health, you just have to be as honest as you can with them and they can help :hugs:
    You're right.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Nothing seems appetising any more :dontknow: It all tastes like crap and even http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/...m-cookies.html they don't look tasty! Eurgh. Stupid.

Yep, probably, part of the problem is though I don't understand why I can't let him get so close; I have no reason for it. You'd think a 20 year old virgin would be jumping at the chance to lose it, wouldn't you? Idk. Eurgh. I wish I knew what was going on inside my head. Makes it extremely hard to try and explain to someone else why I'm upset/down/guarded when I don't even know. I had a pretty happy childhood, I don't *think* for a minute I'm repressing anything nasty :erm:

No, never felt that it's been a problem, isn't that stupid? I can sit there counting pills and I don't consider it to be a problem. Damn, I'm a bit dumb some times. :rolleyes: I probably shouldn't say stuff like that, men in white coats will turn up at my door soon :p: I don't like putting my problems on other people. They're mine, I'll deal with them, nothing to see here, that kinda thing.

I guess I feel completely trapped - Not that I would do anything, but I can't, if I did my Mum would be devastated and would have to deal with it on her own, I can't hurt my friends when they're grieving (which I think is why I'm a little bit more than annoyed at my best mates boyf., running around town in my break trying to figure out what had happened was not what I needed yesterday!)

:hugs:

(Original post by sabertooth)
    x
    Thanks :hugs: I have to get this essay done - I'm going to appeal against her failing me, but at the end of the day, she's basically said that's it now. What happened essentially is I handed in an essay to my literature teacher in May (the second week) and I can prove this - she hasn't said anything about it until now, the cut off date for handing in work, and she comes out with 'oh, that's a fail, you're down 3 credits'. She's refusing to accept a rewrite of it which I am perfectly in my rights to have the ability to do if it's a straight fail, and it's just not fair. I'll talk to college about it, but before then, I need to summon some motivation to write this law thing :sad:

Yes, it's a harsh line for him to take, I suppose. I think he's had trouble with it himself - he has some serious scars running up and down his arms, and he mentioned he had some M.H. problems in the past that required hospitalisation, (gosh, I make him sound like a nutter - he's the sweetest guy, really!) so I think it's coming from that. I'm gonna give it a go, trying to stop, but I think again it's another thing I need to speak with him about. Even if it's just to understand exactly where he's coming from. If my assumptions are correct, then maybe that approach worked for him? I dunno. I don't know a lot, really :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Nothing seems appetising any more :dontknow: It all tastes like crap and even http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/...m-cookies.html they don't look tasty! Eurgh. Stupid.

Yep, probably, part of the problem is though I don't understand why I can't let him get so close; I have no reason for it. You'd think a 20 year old virgin would be jumping at the chance to lose it, wouldn't you? Idk. Eurgh. I wish I knew what was going on inside my head. Makes it extremely hard to try and explain to someone else why I'm upset/down/guarded when I don't even know. I had a pretty happy childhood, I don't *think* for a minute I'm repressing anything nasty :erm:

No, never felt that it's been a problem, isn't that stupid? I can sit there counting pills and I don't consider it to be a problem. Damn, I'm a bit dumb some times. :rolleyes: I probably shouldn't say stuff like that, men in white coats will turn up at my door soon :p: I don't like putting my problems on other people. They're mine, I'll deal with them, nothing to see here, that kinda thing.

I guess I feel completely trapped - Not that I would do anything, but I can't, if I did my Mum would be devastated and would have to deal with it on her own, I can't hurt my friends when they're grieving (which I think is why I'm a little bit more than annoyed at my best mates boyf., running around town in my break trying to figure out what had happened was not what I needed yesterday!)

:hugs: You seem to be a lot worse than you're letting yourself believe, you're having a really tough time right now and that's not going to be helping you look after yourself etc, but you have to try for the people that care about you. Try (as Sabertooth told me to) to just set a time for eating and eat something then. Even if it doesn't appeal to you at all and you don't feel hungry, eat it. You'll start getting enough food to feel just that little bit better which will help :yep:

Sit him down and explain that, I'm sure he'll understand. You can look at it again once you're feeling a bit better.

I can't remember, but are you having any form of talking therapy? If not it could help just having someone you can go to and talk things through with, knowing that they don't mind :console:

And remember the people around you that love you and care for you and need you around, you may feel trapped now, but you'll be grateful of it later. Try calling Samaritans or something similar if you are worried you'll 'do something stupid' (I need a better phrase). Things are going to improve, just cling on to that hope and don't let it get away :jumphugs:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: You seem to be a lot worse than you're letting yourself believe, you're having a really tough time right now and that's not going to be helping you look after yourself etc, but you have to try for the people that care about you. Try (as Sabertooth told me to) to just set a time for eating and eat something then. Even if it doesn't appeal to you at all and you don't feel hungry, eat it. You'll start getting enough food to feel just that little bit better which will help :yep:

Sit him down and explain that, I'm sure he'll understand. You can look at it again once you're feeling a bit better.

I can't remember, but are you having any form of talking therapy? If not it could help just having someone you can go to and talk things through with, knowing that they don't mind :console:

And remember the people around you that love you and care for you and need you around, you may feel trapped now, but you'll be grateful of it later. Try calling Samaritans or something similar if you are worried you'll 'do something stupid' (I need a better phrase). Things are going to improve, just cling on to that hope and don't let it get away :jumphugs:
    Probably. *Tries to ignore the stubborn side of herself that is shouting I'M OK, I'M OK!*

No, I'm having no therapy at all, no drugs, nothing. I don't particularly want anything... That'd just be another thing to organise, another bit of hassle, would mean telling work if I had a set time thing, would mean people having to keep an eye on me if I went down the drugs route, would mean bothering to get to the GP I guess.

Yeahhhhh. In a way, Poppys death has made me really think about how bloody lucky I am to have the friends that I do, I'm not ready to leave them yet.

ReputationRep:
    Probably. *Tries to ignore the stubborn side of herself that is shouting I'M OK, I'M OK!*

No, I'm having no therapy at all, no drugs, nothing. I don't particularly want anything... That'd just be another thing to organise, another bit of hassle, would mean telling work if I had a set time thing, would mean people having to keep an eye on me if I went down the drugs route, would mean bothering to get to the GP I guess.

Yeahhhhh. In a way, Poppys death has made me really think about how bloody lucky I am to have the friends that I do, I'm not ready to leave them yet.
    :hugs: You're clearly not okay and going to the GP would probably really help you. I've just been seeing my GP every 2 weeks to check in etc, but that alone has helped - it's sort of given a structure to what's going on etc. Also, most mental health services ask you what time it best for you and they arrange everything, not you, so it's quite simple. :console: You could try talking therapy first if you don't like the idea of medication.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: You're clearly not okay and going to the GP would probably really help you. I've just been seeing my GP every 2 weeks to check in etc, but that alone has helped - it's sort of given a structure to what's going on etc. Also, most mental health services ask you what time it best for you and they arrange everything, not you, so it's quite simple. :console: You could try talking therapy first if you don't like the idea of medication.

I need to sort this before I go to uni, don't I? Sigh. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    If my 'depression' is all just due to exams, why am I crying?
    Have you finished exams now? :hugs:

I've cried more after the exams than I did during them :erm:

ReputationRep:
    depression is never due to exams. i personally hate psychiatrists, they're all so wishy-washy bullsh*t kind of people. unless they've ever been properly depressed and had a mental disorder, they're in no position to stereotype your suffering. i had a psych once and i just wrapped him around my finger. he was fun, and incredibly stupid - like most people who study a pseudo science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeatForest)
    depression is never due to exams. i personally hate psychiatrists, they're all so wishy-washy bullsh*t kind of people. unless they've ever been properly depressed and had a mental disorder, they're in no position to stereotype your suffering. i had a psych once and i just wrapped him around my finger. he was fun, and incredibly stupid - like most people who study a pseudo science.
    Oi :mad: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I need to sort this before I go to uni, don't I? Sigh. :sigh:
    Ideally yes, I'm really scared about the possibility of going to uni like this and not having my parents there to support me, being around new people etc. Not sure if you're the same? :dontknow: And it's always better to bite the bullet and ask for help than to just resign yourself to being unhappy, you don't deserve to be unhappy :console:

(Original post by natty_d)
    Yeah, I've finished exams now. I still feel guilty for lying in bed and watching TV though :rolleyes: That's part of the reason why I'm already studying something again. That, and I'm really bored!

It was a CPN, I've seen professionals who haven't had eating disorders (the only example I currently have) but still helped me immensely. Some people are *****, so it follows that there will be some ***** in mental health services. But most of them are nice :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ideally yes, I'm really scared about the possibility of going to uni like this and not having my parents there to support me, being around new people etc. Not sure if you're the same? :dontknow: And it's always better to bite the bullet and ask for help than to just resign yourself to being unhappy, you don't deserve to be unhappy :console:
    I don't mind the new people and places and stuff. I'm looking forward to that. But it's more the lack of self-control that I'll have.

ReputationRep:
    Oh shush, it's not my fault if you make bad life choices .

Anyways, I had to go to work today at 5.30. Finished at 2 in the afternoon. My right shoulder is now completely knackered and the rest of my body isn't much better. Am thinking of having a bath before sleeping until England play, but am not feeling very good again today so don't know if I can be bothered much. I'll probably scour the internet for some new hobbies/clubs to partake in, but in a town bereft of any kind of culture whatsoever, I'm unlikely to meet with discovery. Having said that, they probably don't understand 'internet' round here.

I feel the ever pressing need to meet some real people.

ReputationRep:
    Oh shush, it's not my fault if you make bad life choices .

Anyways, I had to go to work today at 5.30. Finished at 2 in the afternoon. My right shoulder is now completely knackered and the rest of my body isn't much better. Am thinking of having a bath before sleeping until England play, but am not feeling very good again today so don't know if I can be bothered much. I'll probably scour the internet for some new hobbies/clubs to partake in, but in a town bereft of any kind of culture whatsoever, I'm unlikely to meet with discovery. Having said that, they probably don't understand 'internet' round here.

I feel the ever pressing need to meet some real people.
    If you quote people, we'll be able to follow what you're saying, because the first comment makes no sense because none of us know who it's directed at.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind the new people and places and stuff. I'm looking forward to that. But it's more the lack of self-control that I'll have.
    :hugs: That's good :yep: But what do you mean by 'lack of self-control'?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any revision tips for when you really need to revise and find it really hard to??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    does anyone have any revision tips for when you really need to revise and find it really hard to??
    Make it a fun activity? Rather than sit trying to concentrate on a boring book, you could try to more interactive learning. The only thing I ever did (have never been a revision person so I'm probably of limited use...why am I answering? good question :p: ) was get a main idea, write it in the middle of an A4 page then use arrows and different pens to link other things to it. It's kind of fun because you can use all different colours, sad as that sounds, and it's more interesting than just reading a book trying to remember it. Another thing is not to work for too long, loads of short bursts are better than a few long sessions.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever feel like there must be a god or some kind of powerful thing simply because it's highly unlikely that so many bad things can happen to one person? As soon as one problem is out the way another one comes along. Each more sadistic than the last.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.