Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Anyone ever feel like there must be a god or some kind of powerful thing simply because it's highly unlikely that so many bad things can happen to one person? As soon as one problem is out the way another one comes along. Each more sadistic than the last.
    :hugs: :console: :jumphug: :grouphugs:

I'm religious, so I'll say some cheesy crap about getting stronger, a purpose at the end blah blah blah :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: :console: :jumphug: :grouphugs:

I'm religious, so I'll say some cheesy crap about getting stronger, a purpose at the end blah blah blah :hugs:
    I cannot see any purpose other than to take some kind of perverse pleasure in watching me suffer (though I do admit it would be fun were I him, kind of like setting Sims' houses on fire and watching them run about).

Exams out the way, no more uni until october, should be able to relax but ohhhh no that wouldn't be fun to watch, I might actually have started to feel a little bit better about things.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot see any purpose other than to take some kind of perverse pleasure in watching me suffer (though I do admit it would be fun were I him, kind of like setting Sims' houses on fire and watching them run about).

Exams out the way, no more uni until october, should be able to relax but ohhhh no that wouldn't be fun to watch, I might actually have started to feel a little bit better about things.
    :hugs: Sometimes **** things comes in groups, like buses, but there will be happy times to, don't let your depression or pessimism (coming from a pessimist) make you think otherwise. Just keep clinging to that hope and one day you'll turn around and realise that things are good.

ReputationRep:
    How would you define a depressed individual?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Sometimes **** things comes in groups, like buses, but there will be happy times to, don't let your depression or pessimism (coming from a pessimist) make you think otherwise. Just keep clinging to that hope and one day you'll turn around and realise that things are good.
    It's not so much the bad things happening that bothers me, I'm used to that I don't feel surprised anymore, it's that they always happen just when things might actually take a turn for the better. Meh, doesn't matter, should probably just get used to that too.

How're you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever feel like there must be a god or some kind of powerful thing simply because it's highly unlikely that so many bad things can happen to one person? As soon as one problem is out the way another one comes along. Each more sadistic than the last.
    I've grown up a Christian, though I admit to starting to feel a bit doubtful at times. It's so unbelievable the **** that goes in in this world . Sorry you're having a hard time :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    How would you define a depressed individual?
    Someone with (preferably doctor diagnosed) depression. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I've grown up a Christian, though I admit to starting to feel a bit doubtful at times. It's so unbelievable the **** that goes in in this world . Sorry you're having a hard time :hugs:
    I never understood religion, especially Jews. The kind of things god apparently does in the old testament is like wtf why are they worshipping that? Even satan comes off better than god because at least he has a motive to be so evil.

how you getting on?

ReputationRep:
    It's not so much the bad things happening that bothers me, I'm used to that I don't feel surprised anymore, it's that they always happen just when things might actually take a turn for the better. Meh, doesn't matter, should probably just get used to that too.

How're you?
    :hugs: But things will improve! :hmmm: They always do. Might take a little while, but they do. :console:

I'm fine, melting and slightly tipsy but otherwise fine.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: But things will improve! :hmmm: They always do. Might take a little while, but they do. :console:

I'm fine, melting and slightly tipsy but otherwise fine.
    I was reading a sort of "diary" thing I kept when I was 13 and under, not really a diary but sort of. I've felt like killing myself since before I was 13, I'm 22, pretty convinced things aren't going to change.

Mmmmm, tipsy. What on? Someone left a load of bacardi breezers in my flat kitchen, I hate them, they are disgusting, yet somehow I'm on my 4th.... I'm glad you're fine, actually that's really good.

ReputationRep:
    I was reading a sort of "diary" thing I kept when I was 13 and under, not really a diary but sort of. I've felt like killing myself since before I was 13, I'm 22, pretty convinced things aren't going to change.

Mmmmm, tipsy. What on? Someone left a load of bacardi breezers in my flat kitchen, I hate them, they are disgusting, yet somehow I'm on my 4th.... I'm glad you're fine, actually that's really good.
    :hugs: The years following 13 are pretty difficult anyway, now that hormones or whatever are more stable, you know more about yourself yadda yadda yadda, you may find it easier to get better. Don't give up hope. Ever. Seriously, just cling onto hope with all you have. It's what I've been doing for years and it's done pretty okay. Or something in English.

Pear cider. It taste so good, you can't taste the alcohol. I'm not fine now, I stupidly went on a website that reminded me of stuff pre eating disorder. God, I could have had some great experiences without that bloody disease.

ReputationRep:
    I never understood religion, especially Jews. The kind of things god apparently does in the old testament is like wtf why are they worshipping that? Even satan comes off better than god because at least he has a motive to be so evil.

how you getting on?
    I'm fine thanks . I've been feeling a bit better lately, probably due to the pressure of exams finally being out of the way, and having things to look forward to in the summer. I still have to come in to school for a couple more weeks before the official end of term/year, just in case I do decide to come back next year. Though, I don't think I will, I really feel like I'm done with that place :sigh:.

Just out of curiosity, do you live in the USA, or is that just where you're from?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. When I was on citalopram, I got involuntary movements. I still get them when very tired, very low, or after alcohol... That's not great, is it? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Two days til my sister's flatmate moves out and I can sleep in a bed/have some privacy again. Although on the downside her moving out will reduce the number of people I'm capable of having a decent conversation with back down to one again. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: That's good :yep: But what do you mean by 'lack of self-control'?
    I dunno. S.I. I guess.

I hate being alone :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)

Isn't that guy that you're seeing still around? You might feel alone, but you're not

ReputationRep:
    I dunno. S.I. I guess.

:hugs: You're not going to be alone at uni, you'll make friends there. Or are you talking about now? (It's too early for me).

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure how much longer I can keep this up :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure how much longer I can keep this up :cry:
    :hugs: :console: :jumphug: :grouphugs: Just remember the people around you and how much they care about you. I still stand by what I said about going to the doctor's, it could really help.

owie arm=grumpy and down sauce

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.