Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need to get out of here. I feel sick about tomorrow - I can't believe I've failed again. What am I meant to do now? I can't see a future without uni. **** it, I can't see a future any more. I just want something to be easy for me; everything is a struggle and fight. I don't have anything left in me any more :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I need to get out of here. I feel sick about tomorrow - I can't believe I've failed again. What am I meant to do now? I can't see a future without uni. **** it, I can't see a future any more. I just want something to be easy for me; everything is a struggle and fight. I don't have anything left in me any more :cry:
    :hugs: Have you told the unis what's been going on? Also there are other options for when you're up to them. Nothing's ever truly a dead end.

ReputationRep:
    It's a setback, and it sucks, but so long as you're still breathing, you can get the future you want. It happens to everyone at some point, but all anyone can do is make the most of their situation and seek to salvage things. Yeh it'll take a little longer, but getting there in the end, which you will, is the whole point. I know it sucks that everything seems a battle and it'd be nice to just have a slice of peace, but sooner or later that'll happen, and you can use the meantime to try and do things that benefit you and have a healthy impact. Seeing a GP might be a good start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: Have you told the unis what's been going on? Also there are other options for when you're up to them. Nothing's ever truly a dead end.
    Not yet, it's all just exploded over this weekend. Going to go and sort it tomorrow - it'll all end in tears. My tears, I can tell!

(Original post by Frosties1)
    It's a setback, and it sucks, but so long as you're still breathing, you can get the future you want. It happens to everyone at some point, but all anyone can do is make the most of their situation and seek to salvage things. Yeh it'll take a little longer, but getting there in the end, which you will, is the whole point. I know it sucks that everything seems a battle and it'd be nice to just have a slice of peace, but sooner or later that'll happen, and you can use the meantime to try and do things that benefit you and have a healthy impact. Seeing a GP might be a good start
    It's always been a battle though; I pretty much failed my AS and A levels and officially missed my first uni offer even though they accepted me anyway. Then I failed at uni and dropped out. Now I've failed at going back to uni. Obviously I think I'm far cleverer than I actually am :/

I know you're right about seeing someone... I just haven't got the strength left to do it. I don't know how - what do I say? 'Oh hi, I was hear about 8 months ago, err, yeah, I failed at following through that one, but now I want your help'? I hate feeling like this.

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, it's all just exploded over this weekend. Going to go and sort it tomorrow - it'll all end in tears. My tears, I can tell!

It's always been a battle though; I pretty much failed my AS and A levels and officially missed my first uni offer even though they accepted me anyway. Then I failed at uni and dropped out. Now I've failed at going back to uni. Obviously I think I'm far cleverer than I actually am :/

I know you're right about seeing someone... I just haven't got the strength left to do it. I don't know how - what do I say? 'Oh hi, I was hear about 8 months ago, err, yeah, I failed at following through that one, but now I want your help'? I hate feeling like this.
    :hugs: You're having a tough time, don't say such things about yourself :console: Just go in and say you've changed your mind, I'm sure loads of people don't follow through with it, given the nature of depression. :console:

ReputationRep:
    Why am I crying? WTH? Just 30 seconds ago I felt fine!

ReputationRep:
    Why am I crying? WTH? Just 30 seconds ago I felt fine!
    :console: Whatssss up?

ReputationRep:
    :console: Whatssss up?
    I have no idea. I don't even feel all that low, I'm just crying :dontknow:

How're you? :console:

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea. I don't even feel all that low, I'm just crying :dontknow:

How're you? :console:
    :/ Not fun!

I feel like I'm just about ready to curl up and die tbh. I've had this pressure on my chest all week and it won't go away, suicidal thoughts are coming back thick and fast and I can't stop them, I want to S.I. but I can't, I feel like I could have a panic attack at any moment. I'm short tempered, don't do tact any more, and I keep arguing with people. :o:

ReputationRep:

I feel like I'm just about ready to curl up and die tbh. I've had this pressure on my chest all week and it won't go away, suicidal thoughts are coming back thick and fast and I can't stop them, I want to S.I. but I can't, I feel like I could have a panic attack at any moment. I'm short tempered, don't do tact any more, and I keep arguing with people. :o:
    :hugs: Maybe call a helpline? It might help to chat with someone who has training and whose voice you can hear? Things will improve, you won't always feel like this, you just need to ask for some help. :jumphug:

Ring NHS direct, for a chat if anything. All the doctors there are lovely :grin:
    I've spoken to them a few times when I've had a panic attack in the middle of the night.

ReputationRep:
    This quote brought back the tears: "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliott

Urgh, why do I keep crying?!?

ReputationRep:
    This quote brought back the tears: "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliott

Urgh, why do I keep crying?!?
    I keep crying too. The tears come whenever I try to do work or just randomly. I keep having pretty unhelpful thoughts too. Arghh. I know the only real way out is through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I keep crying too. The tears come whenever I try to do work or just randomly. I keep having pretty unhelpful thoughts too. Arghh. I know the only real way out is through.
    :hugs: Time is going to carry on moving whatever you do, so it won't be long before you have time to relax (I'm assuming you don't have to work/study 24/5/365 :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Got stoned tonight. First time in ages... feels good.

ReputationRep:
    Can't sleep.

:ditto:
    Exam in the morning as well

ReputationRep:
    I've got to go and try and get myself a pass on my course tomorrow. Need to be there early to make sure I catch everyone I need to talk to.

Too many thoughts to think :sad:

You need to try and clear your mind. Tip: Clear it and try and relax each part of your body slowly starting from your toes upwards, realy concentrating on relaxing it and don't let your mind wonder, you should be asleep by the timr you reach your head

I'm tired enough to try and sleep, and will be doing that. Good luck tomorrow and I hope you sleep soon :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    You need to try and clear your mind. Tip: Clear it and try and relax each part of your body slowly starting from your toes upwards, realy concentrating on relaxing it and don't let your mind wonder, you should be asleep by the timr you reach your head

I'm tired enough to try and sleep, and will be doing that. Good luck tomorrow and I hope you sleep soon :hugs:
    Night :hugs: (BTW, thanks for the comment in the BR, :hugs:)

I'm gonna try that!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.