Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: Are you ok?
    Apart from feeling very sick, having the sense that I'll taste charcoal for fecking ever, and feeling like an utter twunt for messing people around/screwing up the ex-boyfriend*? Yeah. Hunky dory. I just can't figure out why I did it. According to the doc, I was about 4 pills off damaging my liver and needing treatment, in the end they just kicked me out with a good hiding about not doing it again.

*We broke up yesterday... before this all kicked off. Didn't do it because of him, btw. He sat with me all night in A+E... bloody saint.

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I OD'd last night. What an utter ****, eh?
    jesus, what happened??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    jesus, what happened??
    Not entirely sure... I remember breaking up with him, we sat in his garden for a good few hours just not saying anything. I ran off to town, bought some more pills (already had a box and a half lying in my bag from random times) met up with some mates, downed a bottle of wine and 4 hours later found myself necking pills... Such a dumbarse.

On the bright side, the Psychiatrist didn't seem to think I was mentally ill, and just referred me to my GP, on the promise I'll never do it again...

ReputationRep:
    Apart from feeling very sick, having the sense that I'll taste charcoal for fecking ever, and feeling like an utter twunt for messing people around/screwing up the ex-boyfriend*? Yeah. Hunky dory. I just can't figure out why I did it. According to the doc, I was about 4 pills off damaging my liver and needing treatment, in the end they just kicked me out with a good hiding about not doing it again.

*We broke up yesterday... before this all kicked off. Didn't do it because of him, btw. He sat with me all night in A+E... bloody saint.
    I kind of figured that you weren't okay emotionally/mentally, I was more angling at 'Have you had medical help'. You need to go back to your GP and ask for help sweetheart, you can't carry on like this, you deserve so much better :hugs:They can and will help and I know it's tough, but you've been referred to you GP anyway, so just accept the help because it will help you to feel happy again.

:console: I'm sorry to hear that, but it's great that he stayed in A&E with you. :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    I kind of figured that you weren't okay emotionally/mentally, I was more angling at 'Have you had medical help'. You need to go back to your GP and ask for help sweetheart, you can't carry on like this, you deserve so much better :hugs:They can and will help and I know it's tough, but you've been referred to you GP anyway, so just accept the help because it will help you to feel happy again.

:console: I'm sorry to hear that, but it's great that he stayed in A&E with you. :jumphug:
    I'm not entirely sure what I'm asking for - the Crisis team lady seemed to think that I was fine, it was just an impulsive thing and that I should sort my sleep out, which would make me feel better.

I have no idea why he stayed, I kept telling him to go, but he wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure what I'm asking for - the Crisis team lady seemed to think that I was fine, it was just an impulsive thing and that I should sort my sleep out, which would make me feel better.

:hugs: It's quite clear that you're not fine, you deserve help remember that. Please ask your GP for help, it could really turn things around for you. :console:

Just because you broke up doesn't mean he suddenly stopped caring about you :jumphug:

are your parents aware?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    are your parents aware?
    Nope, and if I get my way, they will stay unaware. He had an argument with me on the way home about telling them; I just can't do it. It'd shatter them.

x
    I'll try and make an appointment for some time later this week... I wish I could just turn back time and will this away.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, and if I get my way, they will stay unaware. He had an argument with me on the way home about telling them; I just can't do it. It'd shatter them.

I'll try and make an appointment for some time later this week... I wish I could just turn back time and will this away.
    :hugs: What's in the past is in the past, you can't change that. What you can change is what happens in the future. You can be happy again and have a great time, you just need a little help getting there, and your GP can help you with that. :console:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: What's in the past is in the past, you can't change that. What you can change is what happens in the future. You can be happy again and have a great time, you just need a little help getting there, and your GP can help you with that. :console:
    Yeah. I suppose. I want to be happy. I should be thankful for what I have and that at least he still wants to remain friends with me - well, I think! :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I suppose. I want to be happy. I should be thankful for what I have and that at least he still wants to remain friends with me - well, I think! :o:
    :hugs: And you deserve to be happy, why not call your GP now? :console: Just get the appointment booking out of the way then all you have to do is turn up :hugs: That's great. :jumphug:

ReputationRep:

I can see why they let you go home because they obviously think its totally impulsive due to the break up with your boyfriend.. but obviously it wasn't. Good luck with the GP appointment, it's definitely the right thing to do. I'm really sorry you're going through all this :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I keep getting really panicky. I think the only time today when I wasn't feeling panicky was when I was doing yoga, so I'm going to go and do some more of that but I don't even know why I'm so anxious, I have very little to feel so panicky about. Also really low today and feeling lower since noticing a Daily Mail 'article' on antidepressants... If my mother reads that, I'll bet that if the psychiatrist recommends them on Thursday/later, she'll cause hell about it.

ReputationRep:
    I keep getting really panicky. I think the only time today when I wasn't feeling panicky was when I was doing yoga, so I'm going to go and do some more of that but I don't even know why I'm so anxious, I have very little to feel so panicky about. Also really low today and feeling lower since noticing a Daily Mail 'article' on antidepressants... If my mother reads that, I'll bet that if the psychiatrist recommends them on Thursday/later, she'll cause hell about it.
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:
    Thanks. I've just stopped doing it and already I'm panicky again! I'm not going to have a panic attack over nothing Then again, I'm not willing to do yoga all night either, that stuff hurts.

How're you?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I've just stopped doing it and already I'm panicky again! I'm not going to have a panic attack over nothing Then again, I'm not willing to do yoga all night either, that stuff hurts.

How're you?
    Maybe just sit and think about how you feel when you're doing yoga?

Well, my best friend isn't talking to me, and I've just listened to the answer phone messages that were left last night... Jesusss. Oh, and I've spent the entire throwing up and feeling like **** :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe just sit and think about how you feel when you're doing yoga?

Well, my best friend isn't talking to me, and I've just listened to the answer phone messages that were left last night... Jesusss. Oh, and I've spent the entire throwing up and feeling like **** :yy:
    I think I might try some meditation, because all I need to do is control my breathing. :yep:

:hugs: I hope you start feeling better soon, both physically and emotionally/mentally. Just focus on that for a while :console:

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I was meant to start seeing a counsellor a month ago, but I haven't yet :facepalm2:. I had to cancel the first appointment they gave me, due to me being away at my cousins' house in the half term, and I was meant to book another appointment but I've just been too nervous to so far . I'm not even really sure I want to go to be honest. Oh dear :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Damn, I was meant to start seeing a counsellor a month ago, but I haven't yet :facepalm2:. I had to cancel the first appointment they gave me, due to me being away at my cousins' house in the half term, and I was meant to book another appointment but I've just been too nervous to so far . I'm not even really sure I want to go to be honest. Oh dear :erm:
    :hugs: Try to bite the bullet and do it. It will really help :console:

---

Meditation = amazing. Bye bye panic attack, hello... Sleep haha.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Try to bite the bullet and do it. It will really help :console:

---

Meditation = amazing. Bye bye panic attack, hello... Sleep haha.
    Thanks :hugs:. Although I know there are things about me that need fixing, I just sometimes think my problems are kinda stupid and worthless, and I just feel really embarrassed and shy at the thought of talking about them to someone. Telling my doctor the basics was hard enough as well . Lol, I just need to man up, eh? :o:

Well done on ridding your panic attack by the way

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.