Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Going in and telling her that I don't think suicide is always a bad idea would be an incredibly bad plan, wouldn't it?
    no it wouldnt. They wouldn't section you if that's what you're worried about? And she would take you seriously. Good luck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    no it wouldnt. They wouldn't section you if that's what you're worried about? And she would take you seriously. Good luck :hugs:
    ******* overslept :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no. Ring up and explain and ask for another appointment today, say its very important. Because it actually is really important. Please ring :yep:

phone now sweetie and just show it's an honest mistake. If you miss too many appointments and pretend nothing happens it becomes an issue.

ReputationRep:
    I can't phone, I've lost my phone... I don't have a clue where it's gone. Such a failure.

ReputationRep:
    Going in and telling her that I don't think suicide is always a bad idea would be an incredibly bad plan, wouldn't it?
    :hugs: No it wouldn't, Ijust be honest with her and you'll get the help you need. Phone now and ask for another appointment ASAP. :console:

---

Does fluoxetine also make your mouth incredibly dry? Just picked up my prescription. I guess at least they're pretty pills :erm:

Oh, and I think I may have quit work/been fired this morning. Whatever, I can't handle that job and she'll find some other sixth form student willing to work for far below the average pay for cleaners, she has a high enough turn over anyway. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    I can't phone, I've lost my phone... I don't have a clue where it's gone. Such a failure.
    :hugs: Can you book online? Some practices near me let you do that. If not ask to borrow someone's phone/public phone/go there and book it? :console:

---

Actually that reminds me, I think I missed an appointment with my doctor. Wasn't anything important, just a check-in. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: Can you book online? Some practices near me let you do that. If not ask to borrow someone's phone/public phone/go there and book it? :console:

---

Actually that reminds me, I think I missed an appointment with my doctor. Wasn't anything important, just a check-in. :erm:
    Found the phone now. The receptionist hates me, I really don't wanna ring again. :o: You can book online but you need to have pre-registered. I won't get an appointment today, they're not open tomorrow or Sunday.

Don't want to go to work tonight, it's opening night and it's going to be heaving, they haven't got a till key so I'll be stuck on the floor all night :cry: and I haven't managed to have that chat with the ex yet, who's also working tonight, so it's gonna be awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Found the phone now. The receptionist hates me, I really don't wanna ring again. :o: You can book online but you need to have pre-registered. I won't get an appointment today, they're not open tomorrow or Sunday.

Don't want to go to work tonight, it's opening night and it's going to be heaving, they haven't got a till key so I'll be stuck on the floor all night :cry: and I haven't managed to have that chat with the ex yet, who's also working tonight, so it's gonna be awkward.
    :hugs: Just call anyway, I'm pretty sure most receptionists hate everyone. It's important that you see your doctor, you deserve to get help :console:

:jumphug: If you get this one out of the way, the next shifts will be easier. If you skip it, then you'll end up building a fear around work and that's not going to help.

ReputationRep:
    My cpn thinks I might have dysthymia.

ReputationRep:
    I was starting to wonder why I even let myself believe that I have depression, despite how I started the day but I suddenly burst into tears. I either don't know why, or know why and have already forgotten but oh well. **** memory. I really just want to sleep right now.

ReputationRep:
    What is depression?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: for those who need them. How is everyone today?

I'm a bit low and also amazingly bored, nothing will hold my interest for more than 5 minutes and I can't sleep. I also really don't want to sleep - I don't want to have vivid dreams again, which I'd completely forgotten could happen. I hope they don't, I'd hate to have another nightmare marathon on them. My parents seem extra worried about me - I told the psychiatrist that he could share everything I said with my parents and he was pretty frank with my Mum. I hate worrying them, I really hate it. I've caused them so much worry these past few years :cry2:

Okay, /whiny rant

ReputationRep:

I'm a bit low and also amazingly bored, nothing will hold my interest for more than 5 minutes and I can't sleep. I also really don't want to sleep - I don't want to have vivid dreams again, which I'd completely forgotten could happen. I hope they don't, I'd hate to have another nightmare marathon on them. My parents seem extra worried about me - I told the psychiatrist that he could share everything I said with my parents and he was pretty frank with my Mum. I hate worrying them, I really hate it. I've caused them so much worry these past few years :cry2:

Okay, /whiny rant
    can I ask what was shared, I would like to suggest to the person who asked "what is depression", to first look at it on wikipedia and then watch "the bridge" documentary (available on youtube (HAS ANYONE SEEN IT ALSO?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    can I ask what was shared, I would like to suggest to the person who asked "what is depression", to first look at it on wikipedia and then watch "the bridge" documentary (available on youtube (HAS ANYONE SEEN IT ALSO?)
    Um just stuff that I'd mentioned about suicide being on my mind a lot :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    Is that the one about the Golden Gate bridge? Keep meaning to watch it,, sounds interesting.

Btw Steffi; yeah fluoxetine can make your mouth very dry, it's a pretty common side effect. I found sugar free gum can help a bit with it or ice lollies but the effects are pretty limited. Should wear off quite quickly.

ReputationRep:

Okay, /whiny rant
    :hugs: The bolded text is exactly how I feel as well. I don't do much these days but go on my computer an awful lot, just browsing the web mostly, I dunno if that's bad or not :erm:. I just don't feel that motivated to do anything else really. I'm going to a bar with a couple of friends tomorrow night though, so I guess that's something different. I don't get invited much to things, but I will just give it a go, it will be nice to see them again and I suppose it's better than spending that time on TSR or youtube again, lol.

I hope you start to feel better soon :console:

:ditto::cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Is that the one about the Golden Gate bridge? Keep meaning to watch it,, sounds interesting.

Btw Steffi; yeah fluoxetine can make your mouth very dry, it's a pretty common side effect. I found sugar free gum can help a bit with it or ice lollies but the effects are pretty limited. Should wear off quite quickly.
    OK a WARNING:

I watched "the bridge" when I was depressed and it made me 'step closer' to suicide, so it can be a trigger, but it's purpose is to be educational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)

Did I mention that? Haha, my memory is crap and I'm too tired to look back at this thread. Yeah, I'm downing water at the moment, but I was sort of expecting that. Not so keen on the feeling sick part, but I'm more worried about dreams right now. :erm:

How're you?

EDIT: Huh, I did. Jeez my memory is really awful at the moment! The dry mouth thing only really hit me a few hours ago. I guess at least it'll sort of be good for my skin? :dontknow:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.