Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Um just stuff that I'd mentioned about suicide being on my mind a lot :erm:
    well it is good to be open about it, though it is hard to talk about. One of the reasons I got so bad is because I left it so long before I did speak openly.

Can I ask why you are depressed? You are a beautiful person and from your profile, you are academically able, I know there is more to it than that (I was depressed because of not fitting in as well as my peers because of Asperger's, essentially). I'm just curious?

Have your parents spoken to you?

ReputationRep:
    Did I mention that? Haha, my memory is crap and I'm too tired to look back at this thread. Yeah, I'm downing water at the moment, but I was sort of expecting that. Not so keen on the feeling sick part, but I'm more worried about dreams right now. :erm:

How're you?
    no, I was the one who mentioned "the bridge" only a minute ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :hugs: The bolded text is exactly how I feel as well. I don't do much these days but go on my computer an awful lot, just browsing the web mostly, I dunno if that's bad or not :erm:. I just don't feel that motivated to do anything else really. I'm going to a bar with a couple of friends tomorrow night though, so I guess that's something different. I don't get invited much to things, but I will just give it a go, it will be nice to see them again and I suppose it's better than spending that time on TSR or youtube again, lol.

I hope you start to feel better soon :console:
    I hope you have fun tomorrow!

Even TSR is boring me, I'm normally on here loads. I'm trying to read some books and whilst I really like them, once I stop reading I don't see the point in picking it up again :erm:

Thanks, and you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    no, I was the one who mentioned "the bridge" only a minute ago.
    I was referring to the 'Btw Steffi; yeah fluoxetine can make your mouth very dry, it's a pretty common side effect. I found sugar free gum can help a bit with it or ice lollies but the effects are pretty limited. Should wear off quite quickly.' part, I'm just too lazy to edit the quote :p:

ReputationRep:
    well it is good to be open about it, though it is hard to talk about. One of the reasons I got so bad is because I left it so long before I did speak openly.

Can I ask why you are depressed? You are a beautiful person and from your profile, you are academically able, I know there is more to it than that (I was depressed because of not fitting in as well as my peers because of Asperger's, essentially). I'm just curious?

Have your parents spoken to you?
    Yeah I know, my ED taught me that talking is good, I just don't like it and I don't like worrying my parents.

Aww thanks. Um, I have no clue. Nothing's ever gone wring in my life, but it does sound like depression runs in my family (my aunts on antidepressants, my cousin was/is apparently depressed and my Dad's mentioned times when he was years ago). So maybe my brain's just ******?

Yeah, I live with my parents so I talk to them at least once a day. they want me to talk with them more, but I'm a loner anyway and I'd rather stay in my room :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    :ditto::cry2:
    :hugs:

OK a WARNING:

I watched "the bridge" when I was depressed and it made me 'step closer' to suicide, so it can be a trigger, but it's purpose is to be educational.
    I watched that just now, the 4 minute clip, and the trailer. Looks pretty intriguing.

ReputationRep:
    OK a WARNING:

I watched "the bridge" when I was depressed and it made me 'step closer' to suicide, so it can be a trigger, but it's purpose is to be educational.
    ah, ok thanks, maybe I won't watch it just yet, it's on my list but possibly a nice comedy first. :p:

Did I mention that? Haha, my memory is crap and I'm too tired to look back at this thread. Yeah, I'm downing water at the moment, but I was sort of expecting that. Not so keen on the feeling sick part, but I'm more worried about dreams right now. :erm:

How're you?
    If you have it anything like I did (I didn't get it from fluoxetine exactly but something else) then downing water works for about 2seconds then it's immediately back. Weird as hell. It's such a horrible thing as well, I couldn't really speak as my mouth was so dry, ergh. I dunno about dreams, not really anything you can do I don't think, try watching something happy before bed (disney?), might be worth trying. Actually, I used to set my alarm to go off multiple times throughout the night which stopped me dreaming as much, though did mean I felt awful the next day, might be worth a go if you're really worried.

Meh, I'm not great, spending my time playing pc games trying to think as little as possible. Life doesn't seem quite so **** if you don't allow yourself to think.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know, my ED taught me that talking is good, I just don't like it and I don't like worrying my parents.

Aww thanks. Um, I have no clue. Nothing's ever gone wring in my life, but it does sound like depression runs in my family (my aunts on antidepressants, my cousin was/is apparently depressed and my Dad's mentioned times when he was years ago). So maybe my brain's just ******?

Yeah, I live with my parents so I talk to them at least once a day. they want me to talk with them more, but I'm a loner anyway and I'd rather stay in my room :dontknow:
    Also just a little advice from me, the best antidepressant that I tried was 40mg/day escitalopram, along with OTHER HELP such as counselling, CBT.

Take care, and send me a PM if you want to talk OK.
    Same for anyone else.

not good guys, my eating is getting very bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    If you have it anything like I did (I didn't get it from fluoxetine exactly but something else) then downing water works for about 2seconds then it's immediately back. Weird as hell. It's such a horrible thing as well, I couldn't really speak as my mouth was so dry, ergh. I dunno about dreams, not really anything you can do I don't think, try watching something happy before bed (disney?), might be worth trying. Actually, I used to set my alarm to go off multiple times throughout the night which stopped me dreaming as much, though did mean I felt awful the next day, might be worth a go if you're really worried.

Meh, I'm not great, spending my time playing pc games trying to think as little as possible. Life doesn't seem quite so **** if you don't allow yourself to think.
    Yeah that's exactly it! I was prepared as it happened when I was briefly on citalopram. Thankfully I always have a bottle of water on me/a glass within arm's reach anyway.

I'll try some comedy before bed (I'll pick out all the bad parts in Disney in this mood) and maybe the alarm clock thing, though my mind is in 'never going to let you sleep' mode, so it might be a while. I just really hate dreaming at the moment, even nice dreams. I have no idea why, I think they make me feel kind of exhausted if that makes sense?

:hugs: I agree with that. I've found myself getting more and more paranoid recently, but I managed to stop any of those thoughts yesterday and my God, life is much better already. I'm just too tired to think about anything, which is good really I can't think any messed up thoughts.

:console: Hope the pc games help a little.

ReputationRep:
    I really didnt like fluoxetine but I dont think it gave me a dry mouth. It made me wake up loads and worsened the early morning wakening. I had no appetite and felt repulsed by food and so not really eating and sleeping meant I was like a zombie and I felt scared to go out because I thought I'd pass out at any time.
    I was pretty surprised when I started citalopram and had no side effects really.

I told my mum today. Everyone has been telling me to (well a psychiatrist, my best friend and someone from my uni ) and I felt so awful and fed up of only really having one person to talk to so I did. She took it quite well I think. Its kind of nice having someone else know.

Oh and I also feel so bored lately. I just lie in bed and listen to music for hours a day and mess around on the net a bit. I have exams coming up but I dont care enough to revise. I probably could go out and do something but I literally dont want to do anything apart from disappear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    not good guys, my eating is getting very bad.
    :hugs: Tell a GP/etc ASAP, you need to nip any negative thoughts in the bud and try to stick to a routine of eating if it's just loss of appetite.

ReputationRep:
    Also just a little advice from me, the best antidepressant that I tried was 40mg/day escitalopram, along with OTHER HELP such as counselling, CBT.

Take care, and send me a PM if you want to talk OK.
    Same for anyone else.
    I'm on a waiting list for talking therapy and it depends on the individual which antidepressants works, so just gotta try it and see.

Thanks, and you.

:hugs: Tell a GP/etc ASAP, you need to nip any negative thoughts in the bud and try to stick to a routine of eating if it's just loss of appetite.
    it goes deeper than that. I will phone on monday .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I really didnt like fluoxetine but I dont think it gave me a dry mouth. It made me wake up loads and worsened the early morning wakening. I had no appetite and felt repulsed by food and so not really eating and sleeping meant I was like a zombie and I felt scared to go out because I thought I'd pass out at any time.
    I was pretty surprised when I started citalopram and had no side effects really.

I told my mum today. Everyone has been telling me to (well a psychiatrist, my best friend and someone from my uni ) and I felt so awful and fed up of only really having one person to talk to so I did. She took it quite well I think. Its kind of nice having someone else know.

Oh and I also feel so bored lately. I just lie in bed and listen to music for hours a day and mess around on the net a bit. I have exams coming up but I dont care enough to revise. I probably could go out and do something but I literally dont want to do anything apart from disappear.
    Yeah, I'm already feeling repulsed by food, but I have been a little recently anyway. Poor rather large chocolate bar on the desk next to me is going uneaten.

:hugs: That's great that you told her and she took it well, I imagine that makes you feel a little more relaxed around her now?

:console: Just take it easy for now, you can't help feeling like this. Have you told your uni what's going on? And there are people, like your mum, around you who love and care for you and would be devastated if you disappeared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    it goes deeper than that. I will phone on monday .
    Yeah, I thought it might which is why I put two responses. :console:

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling so tired, but this fear of odd dreams means I'm still trying to stay awake :erm:

am completely not sleepy at all :nothing: and can't hold my concentration for long :nothing: Ugh, this sucks so bad.

ReputationRep:
    Can't sleep, too miserable. Feel so ******* awful tonight. Can't stop thinking about how my friends abandoned me, for reasons I still don't understand. I keep being really irritable with my sister cos I have to keep pretending to be alright and it's so much effort. But if I didn't pretend then I wouldn't even get out of bed ever. Killing myself still seems like the only way out of feeling this bad. I have this horrible fear of ending up back in hospital, even though there's no particular reason why I would.

Sorry, my thoughts are all disjointed, thought I'd write them down and see if that helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Can't sleep, too miserable. Feel so ******* awful tonight. Can't stop thinking about how my friends abandoned me, for reasons I still don't understand. I keep being really irritable with my sister cos I have to keep pretending to be alright and it's so much effort. But if I didn't pretend then I wouldn't even get out of bed ever. Killing myself still seems like the only way out of feeling this bad. I have this horrible fear of ending up back in hospital, even though there's no particular reason why I would.

Sorry, my thoughts are all disjointed, thought I'd write them down and see if that helped.
    :hugs: I'm far too tired/numb to say much that could help, but maybe try calling the Samaritans or something to have someone to talk this through with. There are people who care about you and they're the ones who matter.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.