Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did have odd dreams last night, but don't really remember them which is good. However, I got really worked up about going to sleep because I really didn't want to, I hate sleep (at least at night). But now I'm still really tired after loads of sleep, so I feel fine about trying to sleep now because I'm surrounded by noise and everyone else is awake. Why does that make me feel better? /odd rant

How is everyone today?

slept for 3 hours today. :facepalm: :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I slept for about 12. :/

ReputationRep:
    and because i slept for so long my dreams were of the most bizarre nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    I slept for about 12. :/
    This. Although that's normal these days, I'm pretty sure I feel even more tired than normal, I've been in and out of bed all day for the past few days :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    slept for 3 hours today. :facepalm: :facepalm2:
    :hugs: I hope you sleep better tonight.

ReputationRep:
    i purposely and intentionally did that. i thought if i go to sleep rather late i'll wake up really late and thus avoid waking up early and eating and being bored. and now i want to go to sleep again, lol. i'm quite tired .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i purposely and intentionally did that. i thought if i go to sleep rather late i'll wake up really late and thus avoid waking up early and eating and being bored. and now i want to go to sleep again, lol. i'm quite tired .
    :hugs:

Have you seen your doctor yet?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. not had the best of luck with doctors. sometimes i feel they genuinely don't want to care to diagnose me with anything. it's really sad and annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Nope. not had the best of luck with doctors. sometimes i feel they genuinely don't want to care to diagnose me with anything. it's really sad and annoying
    :hugs: Just keep trying, you need and deserve help. How old are you? Not that your age should affect anything bar what help they'd give you of course. You just have to try and be forceful. Are you managing to say what you need to? If not, write it down and hand that to them.

ReputationRep:
    I feel kind of drunk once again. I want life to be over. This always happens. One day it will happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I feel kind of drunk once again. I want life to be over. This always happens. One day it will happen.
    Are your exams done? That often makes one feel better

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: No, one day you'll be happy again and you'll want to live life. :console:

ReputationRep:
    One ******* thing after another after another after another, why does this happen to me?

Someone is saying "oh no, you're almost feeling a little bit better, can't have that, here have another thing to **** your life up "

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    One ******* thing after another after another after another, why does this happen to me?

Someone is saying "oh no, you're almost feeling a little bit better, can't have that, here have another thing to **** your life up "

:mad:
    :hugs: Some good stuff has to be coming your way, it has to be :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: Some good stuff has to be coming your way, it has to be :yep:
    You'd really think so wouldn't you? I mean it's just basic probability. After so many bad things one after another a good thing should become more likely over time, but nope, nothing.

I'm going to pass these exams I just took. That sounds good right? It's not. It's all been worked out. When I pass, I'm forced to continue with uni, that's another year of sitting by myself speaking to no one for weeks on end feeling like **** constantly. If I fail it's actually a nice way out, I could get on with my life and try to improve things, but I won't I'll pass just to continue this torment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    You'd really think so wouldn't you? I mean it's just basic probability. After so many bad things one after another a good thing should become more likely over time, but nope, nothing.

I'm going to pass these exams I just took. That sounds good right? It's not. It's all been worked out. When I pass, I'm forced to continue with uni, that's another year of sitting by myself speaking to no one for weeks on end feeling like **** constantly. If I fail it's actually a nice way out, I could get on with my life and try to improve things, but I won't I'll pass just to continue this torment.
    :hugs: I think things must be like buses - the whole either none or many thing.

Well conversely, had you failed then you may feel that you were a 'failure', still sat by yourself not speaking to anyone etc. Try to work with what you have and focus on that fact that despite all the **** thrown at you, you're going to pass. :console: Those buses will come soon enough.

Okay, now I'm fed up of speaking in metaphors :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Are your exams done? That often makes one feel better
    They havent begun, about 8 days away. Last time I looked you didnt like me anyway..

Thanks Steffi, hard to believe! Fortunately think Ive sobered up. I really should never drink. It just tastes nice :sad:

ReputationRep:
    They havent begun, about 8 days away. Last time I looked you didnt like me anyway..

Thanks Steffi, hard to believe! Fortunately think Ive sobered up. I really should never drink. It just tastes nice :sad:
    :hugs: Alcohol seems to do the same to me at the moment.

Things will improve for you, you have to let therapy etc take its time to work, but you will one day feel so much better and love life again.

ReputationRep:

Oh dear - good luck for the exams! Mine are 28th and 30th.

Well yeah I once disagreed with you on something then, but had agreed with you on other things before haha. I don't know you so I can hardly hold a grudge, plus I'm very quick to forget (not actually but I mean like forgive).

Coming up to these exams is bad enough without having depression so I'd totally feel for you anyway.

GL, (I felt guilty drinking yesterday a month away from exams :| )

Only problem with alcohol is, when you're already upset, it tends to just make you more depressed

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.