Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Depression Society MKIII watch

Announcements

:nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Takeaway curry is good but so expensive. I find if you make it yourself you can make loads for hardly any money at all. Plus it freezes well. And curry is a good breakfast, well, no worse than full English. :p: Especially with popadoms. :drool:

If you don't want to go to the shop you could smuggle small amounts of various goodies out of the kitchen each time you go in there, put them all in a box under your bed and voilà; breakfast!

Yeah it's annoying how there's never anyone online at this time, in a way though it's kind of fun, sort of omg I have the internet to myself.
    Yeah, it's a shame it's so expensive! We only have pre-made sauces in the house, but I might try making some from scratch at some point (and some popadoms!). There was only veggie curry left and I have no idea what went in there so I avoided it :sad:

Haha, I could, but I'd have to be ultra sneaky :ninja:

Haha, I've never thought of it like that. All I can think right now is 'Why do other people get to sleep?' but I'm still not feeling too tired, so for now it's okay.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to try and get some sleep now, but I'm still not feeling all that tired. And TSR is still pretty dead :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like im getting worse and really need to speak to someone but dont want to speak to a counsellor

ReputationRep:
    guys i found it really helpful to watch some of other people's experiences on this site http://www.youthhealthtalk.org/Young..._and_low_mood/
    it really helped me to get through it when i saw how other people dealt with it

i hope it helps xx

ReputationRep:
    guys i found it really helpful to visit http://www.youthhealthtalk.org/Young..._and_low_mood/
    it has clips of other people talking about their depression and how they got over it
    i hope it is helpful

(Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    I feel like im getting worse and really need to speak to someone but dont want to speak to a counsellor
    Friends, Family, Samaritans? Feel free to PM and vent :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Numb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Friends, Family, Samaritans? Feel free to PM and vent :hugs:
    Thanx I know it sounds weird but im too ashamed to tell my family and I find it hard to be open to people so I can only think of two people i can be honest enough to talk to about it. Im the sort of person that people tell their problems to but doesnt seem to have many problems of their own. I hide my feelings a lot and only let out whats not important.

Sigh... :nothing:

I don't really feel depressed; I feel...indifferent. No motivation whatsoever! :nothing:

How's everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, life is just so irritating. I'm getting so fed up with always making an effort with things and not getting the results I want :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm back to my old ways of not wanting to sleep. :dry: I really don't understand why I get so panicky about it.

ReputationRep:
    I hate being alive. I hate myself for being so ******* pathetic, crying every night over the same stupid things. It's never getting any better, I saw the psychiatrist today and she was talking about moving me onto new pills cos the ones I'm on aren't helping. But they're the only ones which have done any good at all so I don't know if I stop them I might get even worse again. I don't even want to get better, I just want to die.

If you've already been in hospital once, does that mean they're more likely to consider hospitalising you again?

Sorry, that's enough confused ramblings for one night, hope everyone's feeling alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I hate being alive. I hate myself for being so ******* pathetic, crying every night over the same stupid things. It's never getting any better, I saw the psychiatrist today and she was talking about moving me onto new pills cos the ones I'm on aren't helping. But they're the only ones which have done any good at all so I don't know if I stop them I might get even worse again. I don't even want to get better, I just want to die.

If you've already been in hospital once, does that mean they're more likely to consider hospitalising you again?

Sorry, that's enough confused ramblings for one night, hope everyone's feeling alright.
    :hugs: There are people around you that love and care about you. If you don't improve/if you get worse on the new pills, they can switch back to the old ones. :console:

:hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend of 2 and a half years are arguing loads lately, can't handle it.
    plus being stuck in during summer just depresses me more..
    all i do is sleep i woke up at 4 ( :o: ) today :/

Have an op today, need to be at the hospital in 6 hours. I can't sleep and I feel sick.
    This is when anxiety really hits you hard :cry:

(Original post by Loz17)
    Have an op today, need to be at the hospital in 6 hours. I can't sleep and I feel sick.
    What OP is it? I've had 3, so if you want any tips, I'd be happy to oblige!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how to say this... I think about suicide far more now than I should. Like, really consider it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I don't know how to say this... I think about suicide far more now than I should. Like, really consider it.
    You're going to get through this and things are going to improve for you. There are people around you who love and care.

Maybe try calling the Samaritans if you're worried?

(Original post by Loz17)
    :hugs:

---

I'm going to try and sleep now to avoid a repeat of yesterday :erm:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.